• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

The Jobless Siblings 52

xDaGTrr.png

Do people in Japan really just dump the garbage on the side of the road like that? Isn't there like, a thing to put garbage in. Seems kinda weird, it's smelly and it can leak out.

Zweizer

Banned
The Jobless Siblings 52

xDaGTrr.png

Do people in Japan really just dump the garbage on the side of the road like that? Isn't there like, a thing to put garbage in. Seems kinda weird, it's smelly and it can leak out.

We dump it on the pavement here. It's generally not a problem because people do it the day before garbage trucks come remove it.

Then again maybe the bag quality is different.

Shengar

The Jobless Siblings 52

xDaGTrr.png

Just like that but it isn't weird because there are schedule when to put the garbage there.
This is why crows are a pest for them since they tend to wreck garbage plastic.

bobohoro

Tokyo Ghoul:re 50

And the slaughter continues. Fun times.

Domestic Na Kanojo 69

So we're going through with that novelist stuff as the central focus of the story now?
Booooooring.

Assassination Classroom 161

That was some random stuff there, kinda.

upandaway

We dump it on the pavement here. It's generally not a problem because people do it the day before garbage trucks come remove it.

Then again maybe the bag quality is different.

Just like that but it isn't weird because there are schedule when to put the garbage there.
This is why crows are a pest for them since they tend to wreck garbage plastic.
It's completely different here, we just put it all into a container that gets emptied whenever without caring about the schedule

Nordicus

That sounds kinda weird. Wouldn't it be a pain to recycle the garbage if you let it rot for days like that?
Let me ask you back.

Wouldn't it be a pain to recycle the garbage if you let it rot for days like that inside the house because it isn't garbage day yet?

dramatis

Apparently, it's complicated.

http://www.tofugu.com/2014/10/09/getting-down-and-dirty-with-japans-garbage/
If you have moved to Japan, one of the first things you’ll need to do is get hold of your town’s gomi guide. Gomi ごみ (sometimes written ゴミ) is the Japanese word for garbage. Here’s an example guide from Niihama City. It is twenty-one pages long! That kind of length isn’t unusual either. As the Tokyo International Communication Committee says in its garbage guide, “Trash-related issues could easily become a cause of trouble with your neighbors. To establish a comfortable life for both you and others in the community, it is important to follow local rules for trash collection.”

There’s no simple way to describe Japan’s rubbish sorting system. Waste disposal is carried out at the municipal level. That means that each city, town, and district has a completely different system. Even Tokyo’s twenty-three wards have different systems.

So even if you’ve mastered one system, that doesn’t help you all that much if you move somewhere else. For example, my town’s garbage was sorted into burnable (red bags), non-burnable (blue bags), paper, plastic, PET bottles, cans, styrofoam, newspapers, cartons, unbroken glass, and batteries (white bags, with different collection days). That was a fairly relaxed system, comparatively. I knew people who had to sort out their namagomi 生ごみ (food waste) from their burnables and their envelopes from their paper.

msv

That's why it's collected twice a week!
Still nasty to have garbage bags out in the open. Garbage should be in a container! Here every household has one or more containers, and you can put em out for trash pickup once a week. If you live in an apartment building, there are large containers where you put your garbage in that are emptied every week as well.

Shengar

Still nasty to have garbage bags out in the open. Garbage should be in a container! Here every household has one or more containers, and you can put em out for trash pickup once a week. If you live in an apartment building, there are large containers where you put your garbage in that are emptied every week as well.

You can't put them out in the open as you like though. Most people wait the night before or on the day when the garbage picked up. There are set of rules that'll make sure those gomi wouldn't stay out in the open for long.

I kinda admire such diligence on keeping the trash orderly though. Here people throw their trash whenever they like. Garbageman constantly used to mocked other people

Gintamen

Literally DTL in charge of a reboot.
/dead or rather where to commit suicide?

Soma 140
The name giving event has no actual meaning anymore. wow. Eizan had it coming a long time already and him being the 9th directly after Erina makes him the first sacrifice on Somas journey to the top.

Zweizer

Banned

Here on the narrow roads and pavements of the good ol' Europe there ain't always enough space to put them out in dem fancy cans. Sure, there are big containers in the apartment buildings, but for individual homes that's generally how it is.

Usobuko

Banned
Teppu ( End )

It's been a while, anyway, the tall girl vs short girl rivalry was present in Meguru too. This ending is unfortunate because the author has been building up the G-Girl tournament with the introduction of several memorable characters.

There's always a chance for continuation should his health got better and if he wants to.

Sakuranbo Syndrome 91

PM1EA2p.png

That escalated in a reasonable and proportionate manner. Can't say I'm surprised to see the gang falling apart at this stage, and I'm even less surprised to see that Match #2 has some impure intentions underneath her exterior. But I have faith in the MC to remedy things. I think. Maybe.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 160

MC's odds of dying from that last development are probably higher than the time he was actually decapitated. I'm not even gonna try to theorise on what Aphro's deal is.

Assassination Classroom 161

Im guessing those were ones from the gov't that Karasuma was implying would be part of whatever the ministry was planning.Odd to tie it to Karma kun development.

Oh well, good way to go to Itona Time.

Soma 140

My theory is Soma will fight money with money. He'll use all the profits he made during the festival to match Eizan's bribes, thus making the competition about cooking again. For extra stakes he might only match it for 2 of 3 judges, so he'll need to win for both of them to get by

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! ch.186
They shouldn't be so flustered, hugs are supposed to be nice after all.

Prison School ch.195
Kiyoshi...Shingo...

...Chairman would be EXTREMELY disappointed in your behaviors right now.

Tokyo Ghoul:Re 50

0d41808f60af8871fa122b3b0f37ab1b.gif

That twist.

What the fuck.
Furata being Souta was foreshadowed from the very beginning even in the original series he was shown on chapter 117.
It was only till a little later it became it bit more clearer in Re but even then no one knew. Based Ishida at it again, this ride never ends.

Heres a further explanation to the twist.
http://littlemissymonster.tumblr.com/post/131813014973/the-soutafuruta-theory

I swear Kijima was a red herring all along. He seemed like the true threat with his design and actions but we're completely off the mark. The true threat
was right beside him.

The Clowns get the last laugh. Also I forgot to mention
Furata has a mole and he's the mole of CCG.
It's like poetry.

Zweizer

Banned
What if you have a party or something the day after trash collection and end up with a like 2 bags of food waste

3 days is generally not enough to cause contamination or anything like that. Anyways, I'd say it ultimately depends on the garbage bags, streets layout and climate of where you live.

Blue

From an author called Kiriko Nananan. Girl meets girl in high school, girl fall desperately in love with ther, they are best friends but some past drama and
a third person will meddle with them. They fight, they make peace later, and in the end, she is (subtly) rejected, and go separate ways.
So a single volume story with a simple and not very original story, but even then, when it matters the author is capable of giving you feels, which in the end is the whole point. The drawing is simple but evocative, using a strong black and white style, but it's too a pain in the ass because the stylized look and the two main characters are super similar (and of course same uniform from HS) except with a slightly different haircut. Heh, speaking of hair, one of them have a new shorter haircut scene and as the tropes mandate, it's supposed to be a *character growth* scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom