• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey now that's a ship I can get behind.

When I think of Sam, all I think about is when he meets past-Dean after killing future-Dean and telling him "I know you won't....I know you won't say yes to Michael..I know you won't kill Sam...whatever you do, you will always end up here. Whatever choices you make, whatever details you alter, we will always end up...here. I win. So..I win.

Jared really nailed it out of the park with Lucifers portrayal. The facial ticks, holding back on the contempt from showing...I'll never shut up about them not bringing back Lucifer. So dang good .-.

Does she use that love potion that the witch who was actually a Cross-Road Demon gave to Becky to use on Sam?

The strongest of love potions

Aw man, Wincest.

/scrubs eyeballs

Yeah, I felt the same way. Sorry D:.

When I think of Sam, all I think about is when he meets past-Dean after killing future-Dean and telling him "I know you won't....I know you won't say yes to Michael..I know you won't kill Sam...whatever you do, you will always end up here. Whatever choices you make, whatever details you alter, we will always end up...here. I win. So..I win.

Jared really nailed it out of the park with Lucifers portrayal. The facial ticks, holding back on the contempt from showing...I'll never shut up about them not bringing back Lucifer. So dang good .-.

The strongest of love potions

Yeah, Jared really nailed the portrayal of Lucifer. They part where he was like "Kill you...? -looks at the corpse of that times Dean- Don't you think that be a little...redundant? Although, as much as I loved Sam doing Lucifer, they HAVE to HAVEEEEEE to bring back Mark Pellegrino as Lucifer, they must! I still think that future was fabricated by the Zachariah to try and make Dean say yes to Michael.

That would be interesting. Deans reaction to Sam loving Becky was pretty hilarious, imagine how he would react to Sam professing his love to Rowena.

Speaking of Mark, I found this awesome video of him justifying Lucifer reasons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dpkw7M0KAQ

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If Sam becomes Lucifer that shit will get overturned in 3 episodes, and then you can have 15 more episodes of Sam dealing with being Lucifer again, going "boohoo he bad touched me from the inside".

If Sam becomes Lucifer that shit will get overturned in 3 episodes, and then you can have 15 more episodes of Sam dealing with being Lucifer again, going "boohoo he bad touched me from the inside".

I almost spit out my drink, it was painful stopping it.

rip deanmon

What if demon dean comes back and has to deal with lucifer sam, it'll become the greatest sitcom

"Hey Sam, how was your day?"
"I killed millions!"
*Laugh track*
"Did you bring back some beer?"
"Yes, I brought back...Bud Light!"
"You truly are the devil!"
*Laugh track*

Loved this episode. Wish we got more like them. So much fun & really good use of the gimmick. Definitely going to show this to my friend who sort of fell out of Supernatural. Will be a great one to try & get her back into it with.

rip deanmon

I prefer Deamon personally.
As for today's episode...
When they replayed the story of the Chevy, and when they showed the army figures, the lego pieces, and the DW and SW carvings </3 season 5 finale feels man...

Creepy Dean looking into the window after he leaves the car...someone make like a gif or something of that :p.
I liked how they bickered a more joking manner this time

*Sam reaches for the wheel*
Dean: Hands off the wheel!
Dean: What the hell is that?
Sam: ...A smoothie.
Dean: Where's the beer?
Sam: er...under the smoothies?
Dean: Where's the rest of the beer?
Sam: *looks at Dean like a sad puppy*
Also the goodnight Jerk, goodnight bitch scene lol, they haven't said that to each other for awhile.
Sam letting it slip he didn't tell Dean about the infection, and Dean actually not going completely ham, but instead picking on him about it lol.
Dean & Sam sharing their dreams they have about their dad & mom respectively. That was touching seeing them both literally dream of just a normal life. And Dean with the religious knowledge, go Dean.
Castiel not understanding references "what bench?", watching Orange is the New Black and not understanding it, and finally, Cas Netflix and chilling by himself...
BABY!!!! WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU?!?! The poor Chevy ;_;.

Lol forgot the mention, the decapitation by door slamming, I think that's the first death by a door in the series.

Is it just me, or did anyone else find the face cams annoying/unnecessary? Especially when they were driving it around, it focusing on Deans face was kinda annoying. That was my only concern with the episode, but it wasn't a huge deal, just more of a why was it needed.

What's a Netflix?

And how did Cas even figure that shit out on his own.

That honestly made me laugh so much. I missed Cas not understand technology and pop culture references.
The voice says I'm almost out of minutes...

Edit: He probably just kept struggling with it for a while. Or asked Sam while we were focused on Dean killing the deputy.

Speaking of Sam, A+ for what looked like flirting and being oblivious to Dean getting beaten in the car lel.

I can't get over this show's music.

This show honestly has some of the best music. It introduced me to quite a few bands I would have otherwise not really found out about or knew about but didn't pay much attention to them. For example: Kansas, Blue Oyster Cult, and Styx to name a few. Those bands then branched out to other similar types of bands therefore even furthering my horizon.

I don't think the episode would have been as good if it was not following the gimmick of staying inside the car the whole time. Just imagine many of the scenes being played out with the normal direction and editing. It would work fine and be an above average episode, but it would lose the intimacy of the tight quarters. The tight shots, or even the ones keeping the action in the background far away, also added a certain ferocity to the fights that have been missing for some time. Everything looked like it hurt, or sounded like it.

They also brought out their A Game for the music choices tonight. Combine that with the brothers actually feeling like brothers again and not dragging any bullshit into anything, and it was wonderful from start to finish. The scene of the two of them just talking in the car after Sam's vision was one of the best scenes like that in several seasons.

Let's see if re-watches are as favorable to this episode, but I feel they will be.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This show honestly has some of the best music. It introduced me to quite a few bands I would have otherwise not really found out about or knew about but didn't pay much attention to them. For example: Kansas, Blue Oyster Cult, and Styx to name a few. Those bands then branched out to other similar types of bands therefore even furthering my horizon.

I've always been a huge fan of classic rock so it really speaks to me here. (I'm old ;-;)

I've always been a huge fan of classic rock so it really speaks to me here. (I'm old ;-;)

Likewise. For all points. :)

But the music has taken a step back in the last five seasons, mainly due to budget cuts. But, when they do use it, they make it count. Like tonight.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm 2 episodes behind but heard this episode that has just aired was superb.

Excited to catch up.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm 2 episodes behind but heard this episode that has just aired was superb.

Excited to catch up.

One of the best post-season 5 episodes for me. Not a long time fan by any means but as someone who just binge watched 10 years worth of episodes today's put a big fat grin on my face.

People actually liked this episode? I thought it was easily the worst of the season so far. Just a totally pointless uninspired slog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom