• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxec

Sorry for my wording. I meant more along the lines of readers viewing him as a role model and praising what he does. I've read some nasty comments so I apologize if I'm coming off bad.

Edit: I know he isn't shown to be such in the manga, it's just that I can't understand why any reader would like the guy. Especially if the spoilers about what happens next are true.
He proceeds to do the same to the other two women and shows it off in front of the hero. Then he has the first girl behead the hero, who then becomes an insane servant.

Lain

Usobuko

Banned
Welcome back kasane.

I also started reading Mob Psycho 100 recently and I love it way more than I ever loved One Punch Man. At least story-wise. And kind of even art-wise. It really works for some of the stuff he does. Of course then he tries to draw the body-building club in high detail and it all falls apart, but hey. Nobody's perfect.

Obviously a big component of my love for OPM was Murata's art, because that's what I started with. And I'm glad Murata pulled at least a bit of ONE's style, especially as it relates to Saitama's face.

(Tatsumaki's face slays me every time in ONE's version. I'd love for Murata to find some way to incorporate that, although I'm not sure it'd work.)

Yes, you're seeing the light. Mob is indeed better than OPM with more interesting characters and interactions between them.

PS: You haven't read Hinamatsuri until You seen Hitomi.

Yuuma in Xeno-sama outfit is hilarious.
CVgW_BHU8AAjCCN.jpg:large

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
RIP Lele.

While it's generally amusing and naughty, I can't help but feel uncomfortable by the meek protagonist being scolded at every turn by her superiors, which gives off some strong sexist undertones.
It's always disappointing to run into this in manga. I've run into sexist bullshit in shoujo manga more often than I've liked.

Lain

Keijo 65

You go Nozomi!
Just the Impermanent girl, I have no idea when she did it, which makes it awesome. Next chapters are going to be even better than before.

Sealed

Banned
Tokyo Ghoul:re 56

Damn tokyo ghouls is getting really good again, but I wish Ishida Sui's action scenes were a little more clearly drawn

This chapter was really short, but I loved the fight.

I also don't know this series release cycle lol, I feel like I read two chapters this week

TheFlow

Banned

Damn tokyo ghouls is getting really good again, but I wish Ishida Sui's action scenes were a little more clearly drawn

This chapter was really short, but I loved the fight.

I also don't know this series release cycle lol, I feel like I read two chapters this week

can you pm where you read the new chapter at? I don't know how everyone is getting these chapters so fast :<.

TheFlow

Banned

OK woah, nice fight scene, but does this mean Kaneki is about to get a power up?

also
No way should Kaneki be able to beat Eto

OK woah, nice fight scene, but does this mean Kaneki is about to get a power up?

also

Honestly though Kaneki didn't use brute force but strategy to win. Plus you have to add the fact that Eto wasn't serious and she was too affectionate towards Kaneki which lead to her being defeated. She had a great chance to counterattack and bite Kaneki's head off but instead she licked his eye. So basically Kaneki won by using the situation to his advantage. So yeah Eto was too crazy in love with Kaneki to even notice that she could of fatally wounded Kaneki.

Horimiya Vol.01

the start of this series is always pretty enjoyable
nice seeing how these two first meet and them slowly understanding each other

it's also pretty nice seeing the core group of friends form together as well as the central relationship
a nice reminder that they don't even start dating right away or even by the end of vol 1

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
JLPT tomorrow, give me your strength MangaGAF
Good luck :)
Missed u guys &#128538;&#128538;
Yahalo~

Yooooooooooooooooooo
Nooooo!

Ayame to Amane 19

That pero pero. Buccelati will be proud.

How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword vol.3 ch. 22

Baki sure come a long way. From bonfire NEET to a beast tamer that has weird haircut and the power to use Gigaslash.

TheFlow

Banned
Honestly though Kaneki didn't use brute force but strategy to win. Plus you have to add the fact that Eto wasn't serious and she was too affectionate towards Kaneki which lead to her being defeated. She had a great chance to counterattack and bite Kaneki's head off but instead she licked his eye. So basically Kaneki won by using the situation to his advantage. So yeah Eto was too crazy in love with Kaneki to even notice that she could of fatally wounded Kaneki.
ty for the clarification! and I think you are right
the page where she licks his face, shows she wasn't serious

I have a feeling it won't be the last time we see them.

Sealed

Banned
kasane would always make extremely enthusiastic posts about new people

oh i see haha

also

idk, Kaneki is pretty strong. I hope he's even stronger now

Wait, I thought Kaneki had already won the fight by the time Eto did that? In the panel before it made it look like that to me. Also, I think Eto wants to
kill Kaneki because she loves him so much, so to me it would seem like she was actually trying to kill him, and he legitimately beat her. I think Kaneki is definitely faster and more agile than Eto, but idk about stronger. I'm pretty sure Eto is still alive though, Ishida wouldn't have killed her off just like that...well at least I don't think lol

Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe 7

Rohan using Heaven's Door on a piece of chicken to tell when it will expire, the man is truly a genius. Really odd thing though, I guess the insects aren't Stands?

This really makes me excited for the Part 4 anime.

Tokyo Ghoul: Re 56

Insane chapter. Couldn't believe what I saw. Dunno where they're going with this now. I do have a theory of where this is going though:

Kaneki becomes the leader or allies with Aogiri Tree. This way the important members there will have some screen time and get resolved. They go to fight the doves, so that those characters get resolved too. The last fight has to be Kaneki vs Arima; it's set up to much. Touka will prob come in the middle of the battle or just before. All this is mute if somehow Eto is not actually dead, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Also:
I REALLY want Amon to still be alive and locked up by Aogiri Tree as a ghoul.

Mortemis

Banned
Tokyo Ghoul Re: 56

Man, that was a hot chapter.
Eto confessing her love, eye-ball licking, and Kaneki eating Eto out. Phew

Can't wait to see where this goes next, and what happens to Kaneki. I wonder where he'll end up, now that he's snapped I don't think he'll stick with the CCG.

It's Not My Fault That My Friend's Not Popular 15-28 (END)

J86jAmd.png

Wonder if this was written following the anime's sales figures. Would've rather see this spin-off continue over the main series, since I found it more enjoyable with the 4koma format, but it won't be particularly missed.

phaze

TG :re 56
Lol....
She's not dead, y'know. :p Hope she goes completely Yandere for Kaneki.

Kaneki's absolutely ridiculous though. I wanted to see where he stood among the powerhouses of this manga, but I didn't expect him to come out on top, this clearly. And now he's probably gonna buff himself up further by devouring Eto's lower half, along with her Kakuja.

I'm just going to assume Eto was just more focused on licking Kaneki's
eye
balls than on fighting seriously and it was all just an extension of her plan to wake him up.

Wonder what Ui is going to do now. Will Ishida let him do absolutely nothing during an entire arc ? If not things will get hairy.

Kyuur

Tokyo Ghoul: re

If
Eto is dead
I will be extremely disappointed with this series for the first time. Otherwise was an alright chapter, the eyeball lick was great, and some nice confirmation that Kaneki knew who he was fighting (or did he just figure it out from something she said?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom