• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Game of 2016 (Voting has been over for weeks)

1. The Last Guardian.
2. Persona 5.
3. Uncharted 4.
4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
5. Valkyria: Azure Revolution.
6. Danganronpa V3.
7. Zero Time Dilemma.
8. Gravity Rush 2.
9. NieR: Automata.
10. Nioh.

Nazo

1: Persona 5
2: Overwatch
3: Dark Souls 3
4: No Mans Sky
5: Deus Ex: Mankind Divide
6: Scalebound
7: Neir 2: Automata
8: Danganronpa V3
9: Ratchet and Clank
10: Street Fighter 5

1. The Legend of Zelda : All mainline Zelda games have been incredible, and this one will surely be no different. The art style and world look incredible, and I expect to be blown away.

2. NieR: Automata : The dream game that came out of nowhere, combining the story and music of NieR with the combat of Platinum Games? This could very well turn into the greatest game ever made.

3. Persona 5 : A series very close to my heart, and being down at number 3 says everything about the year of dreams we have coming up. Everything we've seen to far looks incredible, and a big step up from Persona 4.

4. Zero Time Dilemma : Only got into the Zero Escape games this year and I fell in love, the story telling and twists are just incredible, and the puzzles and music are great too. Can't wait to see how everything is resolved, and see what twists and turns they have in store along the way.

5. The Last Guardian : After Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, I will be let down by anything less than a masterpiece. I'm one of the few that actually preferred Ico of the two, so this looking closer to it is very exciting to me.

6. Ratchet & Clank : One of my favourite series, and the original is full of nostalgia for me. Can't wait to relive this wonderful little title, and see what awaits me both new and old.

7. Dark Souls III : Based Miyazaki. The only reason this is so low is that I'm feeling a little burnt out on these games, but I fully expect a fantastic title and will be jumping into it right after I beat R&C (curse them releasing on the same day!).

8. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth : I haven't seen anything Digimon since I was a kid, and looking at this game has kicked my nostalgia into overdrive. As a big fan of Pokemon style games I suspect I'll love this, and I'm eagerly looking forward to it, and hoping for its success for the future of the series in the west.

9. Dragon Quest VII : I had given up hope on this remake coming over, but here it is! Being in Australia, 7 had never been released here in any way, so I was greatly looking forward to the remake, but as the years went on my hope disappeared. But here we are, the lost title in the Dragon Quest series!

10. Genei Ibun Roku #FE : After Catherine being Atlus's only in-house game for PS3/360 last gen, we're getting not one, but two, big hitters from them in 2016! While I'm not really feeling the idol stuff, I'm sure the pedigree behind the game will pull through and give us a great JRPG. I'm looking forward to seeing what they localise the title as too, bring on Persona Emblem!

Damn, what a year we have coming up! Honourable mentions to Final Fantasy XV and Nioh which didn't make the cut.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
1. XCOM 2: The first game rekindled my love for turn-based games and became one of my favourite games ever.
2. Divinity: Original Sin 2: Currently playing D:OS EE with a friend and it's so much fun.
3. Dark Souls III: While DS2 was good, I hope they go more in a DS1/DeS way for this.
4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: I asked for this.
5. Dishonored 2: Will hopefully be as good as the first one, because these games are the closest we get to a modern Thief game that's not Thief (2014).
6. Torment: Tides of Numenera: Backed it. I should really finish PS:T some day.
7. Mirror's Edge Catalyst: Hopefully EA doesn't fuck it up, because the first game was very refreshing from a gameplay perspective.
8. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen: Tried it on PS3 once and I'd like to give it a try again with more than 10 FPS.
9. Star Citizen: Backed it a long time ago, but I'm holding myself off for a more polished version. I don't expect much for 2016 though, more likely 2017.
10. Fire Emblem Fates: I should also finish Awakening some day... really liked it.

MAtgS

1. Zelda U (NX)

2. Kingdom Hearts 2.8

3. Mass Effect Andromeda

4. Final Fantasy XV

5. Batman Telltale

6. Mario & Luigi Paper Jam

7. Street Fighter 5

8. Star Fox Zero

9. Ratchet & Clank

10. Twilight Princess HD

Ralemont

not me
1. Mass Effect: Andromeda : I need those jetpacks asap.
2. Persona 5
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
4. Final Fantasy XV
5. Rise of the Tomb Raider
6. Star Ocean V
7. Gravity Rush 2
8. NieR Automata
9. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
10. Zero Time Dilemma

Opt1kon_

1. Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom : Something I'm really looking forward to playing since i haven't played the first one I'm actually going to play the first one in preparation
2. Horizon Zero Dawn : This Game Has Caught my Attention and I Really can't wait to play this in general
3. Uncharted 4 : A Game that I've been looking forward to since day 1
4. Quantum Break : This game or any game by Remedy is always a welcomed addition and i can't wait to get my xb1 and play this masterpiece
5. Persona 5: Another JRPG on the List that I'm really looking forward to
6. Dishonored 2 : I Played the first one along with all the DLC and I'm in love with it
7.Battlefield 5 : This is and may be a given all depends this and i hope it does come out 2016 because I'm a Battlefield fan through and through
8. Mass Effect Andromeda:
This game along is going to be amazing its Mass effect although everyone didn't like the ending of 3 I still enjoyed it
9. Unravel : This is a Game that i wish i could put twice or have a top 15 because the amount of games coming out is going to be amazing
10. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : A Game I'm looking forward to as well, however I Will say one thing, The little pre order scheme is what made me move this to the tenth game

These Games Are on my most anticipated games list

anothertech

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn: best looking new ip this gen
2. FFXV: not long now
3. Scalebound: Dragons and JRPG, yes please
4. Uncharted 4: best looking sequel this gen
5. Quantum Break: bout time someone made this
6. Destiny 2: Hopeful bungie will do better
7. Crackdown: by the power of the cloud
8. Zelda U: open world Zelda, I'll buy it on NX too.
9. Nier: because Nier
10. Cuphead: love the style

Chakan

1. Dark Souls 3
2. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
3. Street Fighter V
4. Alisson Road
5. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PC version)
6. Uncharted 4
7. Final Fantasy XV
8. Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC version)
9. Horizon Zero Dawn
10. Mafia 3

Kindekuma

Banned
1. Zelda U
2. Gravity Rush 2
3. Persona 5
4. Star Fox Zero
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn
6. NieR: Automata
7. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
8. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
9. Final Fantasy XV
10. Ratchet & Clank

post-S

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn - everything geurilla showed so far just seem ideal, things might sound too good to be true, but geurilla made killzone 2, my favorite military fps ever, so there's a chance they are going to deliver this time as well
2. The Last Guardian - Ico is a masterpiece, the shadow of colossus is extraordinary, I think that's enough to justify the second place
3. Nier Automata - the inspiring music, the random story, the combat by platinum, etc.
4. Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 - didn't realize this game is coming next year, now added to the list
5. Uncharted 4 - it seems like this is going to be an uncharted game without all the flaws of past uncharted game
6. Constructor HD - such a amazing
and incomplete
game back then, one of the best strategy/simulation game I've played on PC now is getting remastered and with added content
7. Hitman - after mgsv I'm eagerly awaiting another sandbox stealth game, hopefully they can complete the game in 2016
8. Yakuza 6 - first Yakuza exclusively made for current-gen! Just finished watching legal high so I'm down for some more Japanese drama
9. Valkyria Azure Revolution - finally a Valkyria sequel not on handheld
10. Gran Turismo Sport - this will be at least my third most anticipated game if it's a full fledged GT (with at least 800 cars), but is it?

1. Dark Souls 3 - after playing Bloodborne and Darks Souls 2, I'm craving more epic boss battles
2. Mass Effect: Andromeda - Mass Effect series was one of my favorite last gen, so I'd love to see what BioWare does next
3. Uncharted 4 - Naughty Dog is awesome, and I want to see how the series concludes.
4. Zelda Wii U - I loved Legend of Zelda's Link Between Worlds, so an open world of that would be perfect
5. Doom - I thought this looked amazing, so count me in

Lakitu

st5fu
1. Mass Effect: Andromeda
2. Battlefield (2016)
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
4. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
5. No Man's Sky
6. Uncharted 4
7. Horizon: Zero Dawn
8. Dishonored II
9. Hitman
10. Ni No Kuni II ; Not a fan of JRPGs but it's Ghibli so how can I resist? Tell me...

TNH853

1. Dark Souls 3
2. The Last Guardian
3. Uncharted 4
4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
5. Detroit: Become Human
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
7. Quantum Break
8. South Park: The Fractured but Whole
9. No Man's Sky
10. Zelda U

1. Uncharted 4: One of my favorite game franchises and Naughty Dog is at top of their game after The Last of Us. Can't wait to see what they can do on their first PS4 game.
2. The Legend Of Zelda Wii U: I'm a huge fan of the series and I'm intrigued to which direction they are taking the series this time.
3. Dark Souls 3: Bloodborne is probably my GOTY this year and I just can't get enough of the game. If Dark Souls 3 comes even close we're again in for some great times.
4. Day of the Tentacle Remaster: Loved playing Grim Fandango Remaster this year and Day of Tentacle is one of the few classic adventures I haven't played in years. Can't wait.
5. South Park: The Fractured But Whole: A sequel to one of my favorite gaming surprises of the past few years.
6. Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter: I'm a fan of the series and really liked Crimes and Punishment since solving the cases actually made you feel like you are a detective.
7. Batman game by Telltale: Both The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among us are among my favorites from the past few years and I'm a huge Batman fan.
8. The Witness: Loved Braid and this seems to be one of the most original games of the year.
9. Heavy Rain Remaster: Played the original couple of years ago and it was one of my most memorable gaming experiences. I'm interested to know if the game wild hold up on my second time and excited to play with improved graphics.
10. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD: One of the few Zelda games I never played properly. Can't wait to fix the mistake with this improved version.

That's what came to mind after quick thinking, but I'm sure my list could be a lot different after the top 5, but those are some I'm looking forward to but I'm sure I forgot many.

oimori

1.Final Fantasy XV : Literally most anticipated game ever for me. I fell in love with its world setting and characters since I saw this game.

2.Gran Turismo SPORT : not 7 but SPORT, but it doesn't matter. Gran Turismo is always important for me. looking forward to BETA test.

3.Ratchet and Crank : We always overvalue the past memories with nostalgia glass, but this game could overwhelm it.

4.Horizon Zero Dawn : I really love post-apocalypse.

5.PSVR games such as RIGS or DRIVECLUB VR : simply looking forward them.

6.Uncharted 4 : will be one of the most beautiful console game ever easily

7.Yakuza 6 : after watching CG Takeshi Kitano, I have no reason to hesitate it.

8.Gravity Rush 2 : the beautiful world with dat physics engine seems very unique

9.Dragon Quest Builders : seems to be just a Minecraft clone, but it has huge identity and I find it very promissing.

10.NARUTO storms 4 : I watched BORUTO - NARUTO the movie - this summer and my NARUTO fever was revived.

P5 and SO5 are also likable, but I have to play sequels before to play them.

1) The Last Guardian
2) Uncharted 4
3) Street Fighter V
4) Valkyria Chronicles
5) Gravity Rush 2
7) Zelda WiiU
8) Final Fantasy 15
9) Nier: Automata
10) Horizon

Whoa, just realized, how much Sony is looking to kill 2016, hope everything delivers, could be another one of those years.

1. Cyberpunk 2077
2. Dark Souls 3
3. Total War Warhammer
4. Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
5. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
6. The Banner Saga 2
7. Dishonored 2
8. Mass Effect: Andromeda
9. Moon Hunters
10. RIOT - Civil Unrest

EktorOni

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

2. The Last Guardian

3. The Legend of Zelda Wii U/NX?

4. Horizon: Zero Dawn

Persona 5!

6. Below

7. Scalebound

8. Final Fantasy XV

9. Quantum Break

10. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst

Ploid 3.0

1. Street Fighter V (Fighting games were my most played games last gen by a long long shot. Since this one won't have a super, or hyper turbo neo drive version, it could be my most played game of all time)

2. Persona 5

3. Uncharted 4

5. Horizon Zero Dawn

6. The Last Guardian

7. Paragon

8. Overwatch (for Tracer in Heroes of the Storm to be available, not to buy it)

9. Marvel Heroes 2016 (running out of steam here)

10. Ratchet And Clank (No idea how challenging it will be, or if there's a lot of easter eggs like R&C Going Commando, but I may have to get it anyway)

allftw

Neo Member
1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
3. Final Fantasy XV
4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
5. The Last Guardian
6. No Man's Sky
7. Horizon: Zero Dawn
8. Firewatch
9. Dishonored 2
10. Mafia III

Xilium

1. Final Fantasy XV : FF is easily my favorite gaming franchise. Even the XIII trilogy was alright imo. I'm a little skeptical of the open-world aspect of the game (those types of games tend to be quantity > quality) but otherwise, I'm liking what I'm seeing and have played of the game so far.

2. Star Ocean V - Integrity and Faithlessness : Star Ocean is a fantastic franchise and it's a little disappointing that these games don't come out more frequently. 4 certainly had it's issues but they seemed to have learned from that so I have high expectations for this game.

3. Deus Ex - Mankind Divided : Really liked the last one and I've seen no reason to expect less from this installment.

4. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue : I should probably rate this lower since it's another Kingdom Hearts game that isn't KHIII. Nevertheless, I'm still looking forward to it.

5. Street Fighter V : I probably won't actually play the game (I suck at fighting games) but I will spend many, many hours watching tournament streams of it. I'm looking forward to the game "resetting" the Street Fighter tournament scene.

6. Persona 5 : I like the story, characters, and social link aspects of the Persona games but the persona management and dungeon crawling stuff can sometimes get tedious.

7. Nier - Automata : I don't know, I liked the first one for reasons so I assume I'll like this one for reasons.

8. Megadimension Neptunia VII : Guilty pleasure game.

9. Dishonored 2 : Liked the first game and this seems like more of the same.

10. Dragon's Dogma - Dark Arisen (PC) : Dragon's Dogma without the technical issues? Yes please!

Honorable Mentions:
South Park - The Fractured but Whole - Not sure if it's coming out next year which is why it's not on the list
Dark Souls 3 - Not a fan of settings of the Souls games (though it does look nice) but I really like the combat. I'll put at least a few hours into it.
Ni-Oh - Oh look, Dark Souls clone. It's possible I could end up liking the setting more but they'll have to nail the combat for me to care.
Project Setsuna - Need more info but in general, I like Square's output so I'll give it a shot.
XCOM 2 - I'll probably get it. The first game was a pretty big deal to me at the time but not so much now. I'm just not particularly hyped for this game.
Tom Clancy's The Division - I'm curious how this game will work. If it's a more RPG version of destiny, I might be interested. Need more info.
Horizon Zero Dawn - Cautiously interested. Game seems like it might have too much of a hunting focus, which I'm not particularly interested in, and in general I'm cautious about open-world RPGs.
Danganronpa V3 - It's more Danganronpa
Valkyria - Azure Revolution - Probably not a 2016 western release.
World of Final Fantasy - It's cute. Might be worth checking out.

k30

Neo Member
1. The Last Guardian
2. Persona 5
3. Dark Souls 3
4. No Man's Sky
5. FFXV
6. Ni-Oh
7. Doom
8. Street Fighter V
9. Firewatch
10. Cuphead

Fitts

1. Street Fighter 5 : Pure fun!
2. Dark Souls 3 : Miyazaki's back to deliver another masterpiece.
3. Deus Ex Mankind Divided : Human Revolution was great but this just looks... wow!
4. The Last Guardian : It's been a long time coming.
5. The Witness : ...it's been a long time coming.

I'm looking forward to other stuff too but these are the ones that really stick out.

Hypron

1. Dark Souls III: I felt a bit fatigued when the game was announced after Bloodborne... But that quickly went away when we got the first piece of footage. I also absolutely loved what I got to play in the network test. I really liked the slightly faster paced gameplay which still retains the series' distinctive features. The artstyle is great and the enemy and armour designs are magnificent. The latest footage shows that even after 4 other games in the same style FROMSoftware are still capable of surprising us. Moreover, this game seems to really take what they have learnt making all these other games to give us something better. Whether they'll succeed remains to be seen but what I've played so far makes me quite confident.

2. Shadow Warrior 2: I played the first Shadow Warrior last year and was really surprised. The katana gameplay was a complete blast, the game looked pretty good for the budget and the story was a lot better than expected: it was genuinely funny and even got a little bit sentimental towards the end (just a little bit though). The game had its shortcomings though: repetitive encounters towards the end, terrible bosses that were just giant bullet sponges and fairly weak firearms. However, none of those were fatal flaws and there's a lot of potential for improvement, which makes me really keen to see what the devs can come up with using the experience acquired making the first game.

3. Scalebound: What we've seen so far didn't really look that good to me... It's from PlatinumGames so I'll buy it because I'm sure it'll turn out great in the end.

4. NieR Automata: Same as above, it's PlatinumGames...

5. Horizon Zero Dawn: I really like how the game looks, the general concept of robo-dinosaurs and the gameplay we've been shown so far. I'm quite curious to see how it'll hold up over time but I'm keen to play it.

6. Quantum Break: I love Remedy Games. The Max Payne games were just fantastic all around and I really liked Alan Wake despite the fairly weak gameplay (which was vastly improved upon in American Nightmare). I'm really curious to see how the live action series and gameplay combination will work out.

7. Uncharted 4: I've yet to play the first three games (I'll play the PS4 versions at some point), but this looks really cool.

8. Street Fighter V: I absolutely love how the game looks and animates. I'm not a fan of fighting games (or any sort of PVP game for that matter though) but I'm looking forwards to it. It'd be a great game to play when people come over or with the family

9. Legend of Zelda Wii U: I desperately need something to feed to my Wii-U. I played maybe 5 hours of Mario Kart on it this year and it's just taking dust. I like the artstyle we've been shown so hopefully the gameplay is fun too

Flarin

Top10_P5_zpszcafwxfx.png

1. Persona 5: Persona 4 Golden is my favorite game of all time so I'm super excited to see where Atlus takes the series next. It's also hard to not marvel at the insane style Persona 5 imbues. If the story and gameplay is on par with the visuals then this could be an easy GOTY 2016 contender.

Top10_FFXV_zpsmsencpl9.png

2. Final Fantasy XV: For better or worse Final Fantasy is my all time favorite series and XV looks like it will be righting the ship. If the full game is anything like Episode Duscae (with a better frame rate) then I'll be happy.

Top10_U4_zpsga8leueu.png

3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: Uncharted was easily my favorite series on PS3. Naughty Dog seems like they can do no wrong and Uncharted 4 looks like it's closing out the series with a huge bang.

Top10_FEF_zpskhrwermf.png

4. Fire Emblem Fates: Fire Emblem Awakening sold me on the 3DS and helped me get back into Nintendo. With a nice art style, deep gameplay and 3 full campaigns I can't see myself putting this game down anytime soon after release.

Top10_GR_zpsdi80bm5g.png

5. Gravity Rush Remastered: The original Vita release was my first Platinum trophy simply because I enjoyed it so much and wanted to do everything this game had to offer. After playing the PS4 port at PSX I got completely jazzed to adventure through this world once again in glorious 1080p 60fps.

Top10_TLG_zps6oo75iem.png

6. The Last Guardian: In a weird mix of love for Shadow of the Colossus and morbid curiosity I just have to play this game. There's such an allure around The Last Guardian that I simply have to know how this story plays out.

Top10_HZD_zpsuzob6ash.png

7. Horizon: Zero Dawn: The concept is just too crazy not to be hyped about. Primitive humans fighting giant, robot dinosaurs!? Come on. Sold. Day 1.

Top10_RC_zpswzsgxv3e.png

8. Ratchet & Clank: I sadly have never played a Ratchet & Clank game before and didn't know where to jump in. The PSX demo sold me and at $40 I'll definitely be grabbing this one.

Top10_AoT_zpsixmsmzqy.png

9. Attack On Titan: Ever since finishing the anime I've longed for a faithful video game adaptation. The 3DS game was total trash, but Omega Force seem to be doing AoT justice with this title.

Top10_BS_zpsyo1du2at.png

10. Bravely Second: End Layer: The original has loads of issues, but it also had loads of invitations that changed JRPGs for me forever. I can't wait to explore more of this world and see what Tiz and company are up to.

sublimit

Banned
1)The Last Guardian
Ico and SOTC are my favorite games of all time and i can't wait to enter once again a strange and unique world that only Ueda and Team Ico know how to make.
I still have doubts that the game will come in 2016 though regardless of what Sony wants us to believe.The game is still clouded in mystery and judging from what they have been showing us so far it seems that Sony is still not confident that the game will come out next year.

2)Dragon Quest XI
I love Dragon Quest games (well at least the few i've played) and XI gives me vibes of DQVIII which is one of my top 10 games of all time.The world that they showed is full of charm and i'm glad that the series finally returns to high end consoles and on Single Player format.Although regardless of what SE says i doubt the game will come out in 2016,even in Japan.

3)Dark Souls 3
Huge fan of the Souls series since day 1 (imported Demon's when it came out in Asia) and i have tons of faith on Miyazaki (and his team) which i consider one of the most important developers of our time.Everything i've seen so far points that this could be the best Souls game yet.

4)Ni-Oh
This is probably the most i've been excited for a new IP since a long time.The obvious influences of Onimusha (another series which i love and hate Capcom for ignoring it for almost a decade) makes Ni-Oh all the more appealing to me.I've been waiting for far too long for a game like this and i pray Team Ninja gets it right.

5)Final Fantasy XV
It's kinda strange that a FF game is #5 on my most anticipated list especially one that seems i've been waiting forever.Maybe that's the reason it's on my top 5 since my hype seems to have dwindled significantly since the first days when Versus was revealed but also some of the latest info kinda rubbed me the wrong way especially the way Tabata seems to have no clear direction of what he wants to do with the game.I'm still looking forward for it but i'm kinda cautious about it.

6)Zelda U
I love TLOZ games and i'm very excited to see what a true open world Zelda will be like.The art direction looks already incredible IMO and i'm sure when they re-reveal the game it will look significantly better.

7)Mirror's Edge Catalyst
I'm very cautious about this but the first game was one of my favourites last gen.If they don't fuck up the platforming by making it more automatic and inconsistent then this could also be one of my favourites this gen.But i'm very afraid they are going to "cinematically casualify" it somehow.

8)Star Ocean 5
This games could be one of the biggest surprises this gen.It already is in a way since i never thought SE will give the series another chance on consoles.Everything i've seen so far looks great to me and no i don't have a problem with the character's faces.

9)Nier Automata
Another big surprise from SE and Platinum co-developing is a great thing under Taro Yoko's guidance.I liked the story and atmosphere of the first game but i felt that the combat was lacking.Everything i've seen so far of Nier Automata though seems to have been significantly improved.

10)Rime
Everything i've seen of this game looks very different and unique and at the same time it also reminds me a lot of Ico which is always a great thing in my book.What a great year this could be when i get both TLG and Rime!

1. Gravity Rush 2: The wait is almost over. Sucks for the Vita-only owners, but the writing was on the wall.

2. Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4): The year-long wait will have been worth it

3. Mirror's Edge Catalyst: Loved the first game. Just glad that Faith will have another game to show off her impressive skills

4. Gravity Rush Remasted: Already pre-ordered. Need to get back into the groove of things and prep myself for what awaits in GR 2

5. Street Fighter V: Not entirely sure if my interest in this game will hold up since I'm in a scrub in Beta, but I'm willing to get better

6. Horizon: Zero Dawn: It looked interesting when showed off at E3 so I'd like to see how it turns out

7. Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (PS4): Need to continuing support the Life & Hometown
by buying a game I'll rarely play :p

1. Persona 5: If I could, my top ten list would just be this. 2015 was not the year of dreams for me because P5 did not release this year! 2016 now has that to live up to.
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Yakuza 0
  4. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  5. The Last Guardian
  6. Gravity Rush Remastered
  7. Gravity Rush 2
  8. Horizon: Zero Dawn
  9. The Legend of Zelda
  10. N/A

1. Dark Souls 3
2. Final Fantasy XV
3. Street Fighter V
4. Pokken Tournament
5. Yooka-Laylee
6. Ni-Oh
7. Bravely Second: End Layer
8. Star Ocean V: Integrity and Faithlessness
9. Star Fox Zero
10. Overwatch

Haven´t been able to play Overwatch yet, but I thought it looked really fun. Hopefully it won´t disappoint, I haven´t really seen anything else that would interest me in the FPS genre so far.

Outside that, I considered Zelda Wii U but I really can´t get excited for it yet. What they´ve shown is extremely superficial and I absolutely hated Skyward Sword. But then again I absolutely adored a Link Between Worlds, so I really don´t know yet. So far though it just leaves me kinda cold.

Also considered the Last Guardian and although I loved the shit out of Shadow of the Colossus, I really don´t know what to think of it yet. But I´m definitely keeping a very close eye on it.

Ryu

1. Horizon : 4 points
2. Persona 5 : 3 points
3. Mass Effect Andromeda : 3 points
4. Uncharted 4 : 2 points
5. Dark Souls 3 : 2 points
6. The Last Guardian : 2 points
7. For Honor : 1 point
8. Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (PC) : 1 point
9. Salt & Sanctuary : 1 point
10. Mirror's Edge Catalyst : 1 point

Obviously Mass Effect Andromeda is a bit of a shot in the dark, but I could have swore they said 2016 at one point.

1) Crackdown 3
2) Legend of Zelda
3) Quantum Break
4) Uncharted 4
5) Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
7) Mass Effect Andromeda
8) Yooka Laylee
9) Mirror's Edge
10) No Man's Sky

I still don't believe there will be two Wii U Zeldas released in one calendar year but until the new Zelda is officially delayed, I'll go with that

MicroCapo

Neo Member
1.) Persona 5
2.) Final Fantasy XV
3.) Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
4.) Mass Effect: Andromeda
5.) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
6.) Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom
7.) Horizon: Zero Dawn
8.) Gravity Rush 2
9.) Dishonored 2
10.) World of Final Fantasy

Rathorial

1. Dishonored 2 - Sequel to my favorite game of last gen, can't wait.
  2. XCOM 2 - Game I wished came out last year, and was second to Dishonored in my favorite game of 2012.
  3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Eidos Montreal did a solid job with Human Revolution, and I this looks like the sequel that will improve the rough spots.
  4. Shadow Warrior 2 - Predicting this is as my favorite co-op game of 2016, and just that "pure fun" experience.
  5. Overwatch - Didn't like at first in the beta, but turned around the more I got used to it. The hero variety really makes each match feel different similar to a MOBA, and the game just needs more modes and maps.
  6. Gears of War 4 - Gears 3 still my favorite third-person shooter of all time, and I'd like to see what they could do with the next one.
  7. Horizon Zero Dawn - Only PS4 exclusive outside Persona 5 that really excites me. Love the art, and love the way combat involves methodically taking out pieces of a giant dinosaur robot.
  8. No Man's Sky - It would be higher on my list just for the concept alone, but I worry about the execution being just exploration without much to do. I'll still have fun though if it's just exploring random planets, and I LOVE being able to fly down from space to a planet with no load times.
  9. Persona 5 - One of the few JRPGs that really does something for me, and it's really the life simmy stuff that makes it so different.
  10. Mirror's Edge Catalyst - Looks gorgeous, and wanna see what they can add to the formula. The first game had plenty of weaknesses, but the traversal, art and music were great.

Aesthet1c

1.) Persona 5
2.) Street Fighter V
3.) Final Fantasy XV
4.) Zelda Wii U
5.) Uncharted 4
6.) The Last Guardian
7.) Scalebound
8.) Horizon: Zero Dawn
9.) Dark Souls 3
10.) The Division

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn: This is just easily my most anticipated game. Interesting setting and potentially a great story that could be told. Fingers crossed.
2. Uncharted 4 : With all the media we've seen I'm totally sold, and hope they live up to Uncharted 2's highs.
3. Firewatch : Again, all the media from this looks stunning. Can't wait to play this story.
4. Quantum Break : This looks really darn good. I love the art style a ton.
5. Mirror's Edge Catalyst : Same goes for this, the art style, if it's as good as the first will allow me to disappear into this world.
6. Rime : This is here in lieu of a Team ICO game that doesn't seem entirely trite. This actually looks exciting and weird. Not like a Miyazaki knock-off.
7. Crackdown 3 : I think this is as near as any game is going to get, to tickling that RF: Guerrilla spot. Fingers crossed.

WIP. Need to think more.

I'm looking forward to a lot of games, but these are the ones I REALLY want to play:

1. Dragon Quest VII (3DS)
2. Dragon Quest VIII (3DS)
3. Dragon's Dogman: Dark Arisen (PC)
4. Zero Escape 3 (3DS)
5. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
6. Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC)
7. Bravely Second: End Layer (3DS)
8. Pokémon GO (Android)
9. Hyrule Warriors: Legends (3DS)

Too bad Ace Attorney 6 is not eligible, it's definitely a 2016 game though. :(

And I hope I'm not missing any niche 3DS game...

Neff

1. Zelda U
2. Scalebound
3. Street Fighter V
4. Dark Souls III
5. Star Fox Zero

Very lean year for me so far.

Doop

1. Dark Souls 3
2. XCOM 2
3. Firewatch
4. Overwatch
5. No Man's Sky

Super hyped for both XCOM and Dark Souls, but Dark Souls wins because I want to see what crazy stuff they're going to do with the world.

StoveOven

Banned
1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End : The Uncharted trilogy is incredible. The Last of Us is even better. One final Uncharted game to end the story with Neil and Bruce at the helm is all I need. The fact that everything they've shown looks incredible is just icing on the cake.

2. Horizon Zero Dawn : New IPs are always exciting, and even more exciting is a new IP that looks different from everything else on the market. I love seeing Guerrilla getting away from Killzone and doing something that looks completely different. An incredible setting with what looks to be fun gameplay. I can't wait to learn more about Horizon

3. The Last Guardian : Shadow of the Colossus is one of my favorite games of all time, and I will play anything Ueda puts out. What we saw at E3 looks like exactly what I want out of a Team ICO game. The delays make it impossible for me to put this at number one, but there is no game that I am more interested in playing.

4. Mirror's Edge Catalyst : When I originally played Mirror's Edge, I didn't really care for it. This summer I gave it another try, and everything clicked this time. I'm not sure about the open world nature of the new game, but the fact that the levels and combat are no longer being built around using guns is all I could ever ask for in a Mirror's Edge sequel.

5. Quantum Break : I love third person shooters, and Remedy is pretty good at making them. The story in Quantum Break looks to have potential to be insane, and the time mechanics add to already solid gameplay. I don't know that I want my video games to have television shows inside of them, but at least the one in Quantum Break looks good and has strong acting talent behind it.

6. The Witness : Johnathan Blow's follow up to Braid was always going to be a game I was interested in. The fact that The Witness looks so good just adds to that. A thoughtful puzzle game in a beautiful and intriguing world is something I can't wait to sink my teeth into, but what excites me more about The Witness is everything I don't know about it.

7. Persona 5 : I started playing Persona 4 Golden recently, and I'm really enjoying it. If Atlus can create a cast of characters as strong as this one, I'll be sold. All of the trailers so far show an evolution in gameplay and a hell of a lot of style. I can't wait to lose my life to this game

8. Below : I've never been a huge fan of Capy's previous games, but Below looks like it can turn me around on them. A game with roguelike elements that isn't a full blown roguelike. Top down, melee combat. A beautiful art style with great atmosphere. Below has all the makings to be something special.

9. Scalebound : I'm weary about Platinum taking on so many projects at one time, but I will always trust Kamiya and his team. The fact that Scalebound appears to be a more ambitious game than his previous ones, adding in open world and RPG elements, makes me excited. I can't wait to see what he does with his current gen debut

10. Firewatch : The art style and atmosphere are what immediately draw me into Firewatch. After watching the E3 trailer, I'm pretty much done viewing any media for this game. The art looks beautiful, the tone is perfect, the voice acting is on point, and I can't wait to discover the larger mystery at hand.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
1. Horizon: Zero Dawn: This is just easily my most anticipated game. Interesting setting and potentially a great story that could be told. Fingers crossed.
2. Uncharted 4 : With all the media we've seen I'm totally sold, and hope they live up to Uncharted 2's highs.
3. Firewatch : Again, all the media from this looks stunning. Can't wait to play this story.
4. Quantum Break : This looks really darn good. I love the art style a ton.
5. Mirror's Edge Catalyst : Same goes for this, the art style, if it's as good as the first will allow me to disappear into this world.
6. Rime : This is here in lieu of a Team ICO game that doesn't seem entirely trite. This actually looks exciting and weird. Not like a Miyazaki knock-off.
7. Crackdown 3 : I think this is as near as any game is going to get, to tickling that RF: Guerrilla spot. Fingers crossed.

WIP. Need to think more.
You don't need to think, it's in your avatar.

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda
2. Final Fantasy XV
3. Cyberpunk 2077: (I HIGHLY doubt this comes out in 2016 though)
4. The Last Guardian
5. Nier: Automata
6. Uncharted 4
7. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
8. Persona 5
9. Horizon: Zero Dawn
10. No Man's Sky

I've noticed that none of my GOTYs were topping my anticipated lists (some ain't even ON there). The Year of Dreams has boosted more than a few of these titles not only onto this list, but into existance period. That said, Deja Vu All Over Again, new for 2016!

1. Zero Escape Zero Time Dilemma :

The nexus of the Year of Dreams for me, a return of master mind-screwer Kotaro Uchikoshi to the series that brought him fame.

2. Persona 5* :

The reveals during this game's start 'n stop development paint a more nuanced, melancholy edge from Persona and JRPG yesteryear, which is 150% excellent. Pull no punches Hashino. I wanna be excited.

3. Trails Of Cold Steel II :

More Year of Dreams, as Falcom's CEO works to get Trails into more and more hearts and sees off my PS3 Slim in style. To think, getting not only another Trails game, but THREE in the estimated span of 12 months!!! Bracing myself for more JDK magnificence in the meanwhile.

4. Dark Souls 3 :

Everything and I mean everything of this title is everything exemplary from each Soulsborne game and none of the bad parts. No dodgey frame rate, Bed of Chaos, cheating gangbang enemies, or PvEvP-less areas. No no no...we may have the culmination of our favorite dark, morose thrill-ride here.

5. Divinity Original Sin 2 :

OK, take Larian's God-given talent for completely revolutionary player agency and fun, then give them another shot after the EXPERIENCE of doing it the first time.

"With skill crafting, you can mix a "silence" spell with a "summon spider" spell to make a "summon stealth spider" spell," the Kickstarter page explains. "A "rain" spell combined with a "grease" spell yields a "grease rain" spell. (By the way, wet grease explodes if it comes in contact with fire. Just another elemental bang to ruin your enemy's day.) And you can mix bleeding spells like "lacerate" with a "rain" spell to summon a tempest of blood."

Hoooooooooooo lawd.

6. Street Fighter V :

I like the vision this game gives off. Sim/F.A.N.G player reporting for on-line beatings.

7. La-Mulana 2* :

Still waiting on my favorite eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil platformer from hell's sequel.

8. Horizon Zero Dawn :

Robo-dinos.

9. Darkest Dungeon* :

Such a great package of eldrich darkness; I highly await the finished version.

10. Stranger of Sword City :

Another tough-as-nails dungeon crawler with swank art direction. So glad to get Experience's broader catalogue.

HMs:

x. Cuphead

x. Rime

x. Clockwork Empires

x. Xanadu Next

*denotes returning contestant

1. Uncharted 4
2. The Division
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
4. No Man's Sky
5. Alienation
6. For Honor
7. Nier: Automata
8. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
9. Mafia III
10. Street Fighter V

1. The Legend of Zelda U

2. Star Fox Zero

3. The Last Guardian

4. Ace Combat 7

5. Gran Turismo Sport

6. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD

d00d3n

1. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : Preview footage has looked amazing. Everything points to the team having been given the time and resources to expand on Human Revolution.
2. Dark Souls III : It seems too soon with a new Souls game, but maybe not for people who skipped Bloodborne. I would have preferred more development time before DSIII, but these games are so different from anything else that I can accept the increased frequency of releases.
3. Mirror's Edge Catalyst : The long awaited sequel to one of the sleeper hits of the previous console generation. If I understand the preview footage correctly, this is now some type of semi-open world game with missions. I am excited to see how this will work in practice and glad that they ditched the stylized cut scenes.
4. Dishonored 2 : This will probably be delayed considering how little they have shown, but I am really excited to see what they decide to do with the concept. The most pressing question is if they will keep the instanced mission structure of the previous game or if they will connect all play areas with some kind of hub structure.
5. Kingdom Come: Deliverance : The only independent production that really excites me for next year (well, at least to qualify for top 10). The demos and footage have looked promising, despite the daunting task of trying to compete in the open world RPG genre.
6. The Legend of Zelda :
7. Final Fantasy XV :
8. Hitman :
9. Mafia III :
10. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End :

Top Bottom