• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Game of 2016 (Voting has been over for weeks)

TI82

Banned
1. PERSONA 5 !!!!!!
2. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. No Man's Sky
5. XCOM 2
6. Ratchet and Clank
7. Cuphead
8. Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2
9. Sea of Thieves
10. Unravel

Man, 10 is not enough! I left out Dreams, GTSport, Persona 5, and Dragon Quest Builders

Almost need some delays here -_- Sheesh...I won't get to play all this on day one. That's like over $700 worth of games.

kagamin

1. Project Diva X
2. Dragon Quest XI
3. Dragon Quest VII
4. Dragon Quest VIII
5. Dark Souls III
6. Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE
7. Fire Emblem Fates
8. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
9. Yakuza 0
10. Persona 5 : (I don't have a PS3/PS4 yet so its low)

Edit: nvm bye bye Ni no Kuni 2, sorry

Megatron

Man, 10 is not enough! I left out Dreams, GTSport, Persona 5, and Dragon Quest Builders

Almost need some delays here -_- Sheesh...I won't get to play all this on day one. That's like over $700 worth of games.

Don't worry, I'm sure this will still be eligible for the 2018 list.

MoonFrog

1. Zelda Wii U: I'm worried about the open world approach but still my most anticipated game.
2. Dragon Quest XI: I love these games. Probably not coming west next year and I'll wait until it does but I'll like it simply being out.
3. Dragon Quest VII 3DS: I think this is coming out next year. I missed the PSX version of this game so I'm happy to finally have a good opportunity to play it.
4. Fire Emblem Fates: I don't like Awakening, but I'm a huge FE fan so the hope lives on that IS will find its feet again.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.

Didn't they say "beta in 2016" for Dreams? That game seems like it's so far away.

pablito

Damn looking at everyone's lists shows that, not only could I swap some out, but there's several I forgot about. I could easily make 2 lists. Next year, if everything comes out, is going to be ridiculous.

JJP12

1. Uncharted 4 : Everything we've seen has looked spectacular. I can't wait to ride off into the sunset with Nate, Sully and the gang.

2. Persona 5 : I love jrpgs and I love Persona. This game oozes style and I can't wait to jump into this world and get to know these characters.

3. No Man's Sky : I fell in love after the very first trailer was shown at the game awards. I can't wait to hop into my space ship and explore the vast universe.

4. Danganronpa V3 : After playing the original, this quickly became one of my favorite game franchises. I ended up disappointed in Another Episode but this iteration seems to be getting back to murder mysteries and classroom trials.

5. Mass Effect Andromeda : Mass Effect 2 and 3 were two of my favorite games from last gen. I played through them many times and dumped 100's of hours into the multiplayer. We haven't heard much but I'm expecting a grand new galactic adventure with a fun multiplayer mode as well.

6. Fire Emblem Fates : Awakening was the reason I bought my 3ds. I'm not sure how I feel about paying 80 bucks to get the full experience but I love this franchise and I have no doubt that I'll love these games.

7. Horizon Zero Dawn : Fighting robotic dinosaurs with a bow in a beautiful post-apocalyptic prehistoric world sounds too good to be true. Exploring and collecting parts to upgrade equipment is going to be a blast.

8. Pokemon Go : I have no idea what this will even be but there's huge potential to be a great new Pokemon game.

9. Ni-Oh : I'm a big fan of Koei-Tecmo games in general and this is looking like an especially fun action game. I love the dark historic samurai setting.

10. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth : I loved Digimon when I was a kid. I also love monster collecting games. All the gameplay videos have looked right up my alley.

Didn't they say "beta in 2016" for Dreams? That game seems like it's so far away.
oh yeah, true, MM isn't really known for delays though, they seem like they are really making steady progress. But yeah, beta release next year, I guess early 2017 is a better prediction.

wig

1. Uncharted 4
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Persona 5
4. No Man's Sky
5. Gravity Rush 2
6. Mass Effect Andromeda
7. Dishonored 2
8. Crackdown 3
9. Gravity Rush Remastered
10. Final Fantasy XV

Kieli

1. Dark Souls III: I like Bloodborne, but not much more than that. Not a fan of how much faster-paced it is (my reactions are terrible, I like things to be methodical). I also medieval dark fantasy aesthetic more than Victorian Chthulu.

2: Persona 5: I like RPGs. Here's to hoping this'll knock it out of the park. It's been 8 years in the making.

Bakkus

1. Zelda Wii U : From the looks of it they're finally learning from their past mistakes
2. South Park: The Fractured But Whole : I love RPGs, I Love South Park, and I love The Stick of Truth. What more is there to say?
3. Yooka-Laylee : 3D open world platformers are returning!
4. Scalebound : Love Platinum Games
5. Cuphead : The artstyle is amazing
6. Zero Time Dilema : Haven't finished VLR, but loved 999

ptown

1. Street Fighter V - Visually, the game looks amazing and I'm expecting this SF to the most fine tuned of them all. Despite the many, MANY iterations of SF and other fighting games series, I feel this is Capcom's first most accessible and balanced feeling fighting game (from my experience so far with the beta) with the least amount of randomness or "broken" stuff. Capcom has finally found/created a really good formula now I feel and I expect it will be one of my most played games ever.
2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U - I adored the Zelda series growing up, but surprisingly found the games recently to be feeling a little stale. My view changed on the once highly cherished (at the time), Ocarina of Time, and my impressions continued to go down and down with the more recent releases of Zelda (Wind Waker felt unfinished, Twilight Princess wolf sections were not enjoyable, Skyward Sword I never finished it just felt like filler and empty...). Despite this, I feel Nintendo is really refining everything since the Wii and I feel this way especially with most of the first party titles released on the Wii U. Off the top of my head: Smash Wii U, Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Splatoon, Toad Treasure Tracker are super polished. I have faith Nintendo's next vision of Zelda will finally evolve the series.
3. Final Fantasy XV - I'm not really the biggest fan of FF, but I'm on the whole FF7 remake/Smash Bros DLC character hype train. Game looks amazing visually, of course.
4. The Last Guardian - Shadow of the Colossus was a unique game. I just finished Ico recently. I'm expecting something unique and artsy with TLG.
5. Nier: Automata - Never played the first Nier, but Platinum Games are the best at making stylish character action/beat em up. I want to play this now.
6. The King of Fighters XIV - Visually, this game looks bad, but fighting games are my favorite genre and I'm probably going to give this a try. So far, impressions of the gameplay have been positive actually.
7. Gravity Rush 2 - Animation looks good.
8. Valkyria: Azure Revolution - A spin off on Valkyria Chronicles? The first Valkyria Chronicles is still in my backlog to play though...
9. Gravity Rush Remastered - Probably should play this first before the sequel.
10. Resident Evil Origins Collection - Big fan of the original RE games. Remake 2 hype.

I'd list Ni No Kuni 2 if it's coming in 2016...

Game4life

Banned
1. The Last Guardian - Why? Because it is being made by one of the greatest developers of all time. I am hopeful that it will be worth the wait!

2. Dark Souls 3 - I just need more of From Software. While I would have preferred BB2 I will take another Souls if given no choice. Cannot wait to experience the masterly level and enemy design of Big M.

3. Uncharted 4 - Shaping up to be the best TPS of this gen and one of the greatest. Cannot freaking wait!

4. Horizon - Nothing more needs to be said. Just look at the E3 demo.

5. Quantum Break

6. ScaleBound

Moza

1. Uncharted 4
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Persona 5
4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
5. Danganronpa V3
6. No Man's Sky
7. Cuphead
8. Ratchet and Clank
9. The Last Guardian
10. Dark Souls 3

Courage

1. Persona 5: P4G is one of my favorite RPGs of all time so if it was just more of the same I'd still probably have this at first place.
2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: The end of the series. I have full faith that Druckmann and co. will deliver something that'll be remembered for years to come.
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: Although the mechanical apartheid and pre-order bonus shit are turn offs, they didn't dampen my excitement for the sequel of one of my favorite stealth games of all time. It looks like they're improving the gunplay and adding a way to avoid any bosses (in case I need to).
4. Dark Souls III: With Bloodborne being my first Souls-esque game, I am completely ready to delve into another world as deep and brutal as that one. Dark Souls III seems like it's taking cues from Bloodborne in certain aspects and the art design already looks fantastic.
5. Mirror's Edge Catalyst: It's the long-awaited follow-up to Mirror's Edge. What more is there to say?
6. Quantum Break: Looks like it has all the ingredients for another memorable Remedy game. The time manipulation mechanic should add a twist that won't make it another cover-based third person shooter.
7. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: We don't know much about this game other than it being open world and having a dope artstyle. I hope it refreshes the Zelda formula as much as ALBW did.
8. Gears of War 4: Playing Gears of War: Ultimate Edition made me realize how much I miss playing a new Gears. If Coalition nails the multiplayer, I'm sure it's going to be my most played game next Fall.
9. Crackdown 3: I wanna blow everything up
10. Mass Effect Andromeda: This could easily be higher but they've shown nothing regarding it so I can't be too excited yet. But still, it's more Mass Effect with new characters.

Honorable Mentions: Cuphead, Overwatch, Scalebound, Gravity Rush 2, Firewatch, Dishonored 2, Halo Wars 2, Horizon Zero Dawn

The Flash

Banned
1. Dark Souls III: Fell in love with Bloodborne this year so I'm hoping that From will take things that they learned from working on that game and apply to this one. Looking forward to the drunk rage gameplays and lore videos too.
2. Uncharted 4: Played the Uncharted series for the first time this year and loved it. Stoked to see how ND wrap up the series. Or at least their involvement with the series.
3. Quantum Break: Sam Lake
4. Scalebound: XB1's much needed JRPG. Also dragons.
5. Killer Instinct Season 3: Rash n' Friends
6. Cuphead: The art style alone sold me on the game. Beautiful.
7. Star Fox Zero: Loved me some Star Fox on the old N64 so I'm excited to see what new mechanics Nintendo will put in to give the franchise a fresh coat of paint.
8. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: It's Zelda
9. Horizon: Zero Dawn: Post-apocalyptic robot dinosaurs? Yes.
10. Crackdown: Because if I don't include Crackdown, Doffen will emotionally abuse me on Twitter.

TrueHero

1. Persona 5
2. Shin Megami Tensei 4: Final
3. Dark Souls 3
4. Fire Emblem Fates
5. Fire Emblem #
6. Dishonored 2
7. Zero Escape Zero Time Dilemma
8. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
9. Xcom 2
10. Bravely Second

This year gon be gooodddd. Honorable Mentions to Overwatch, street fighter 5, and the new valkyria chronicles, among others.

1: The Legends of Zelda WiiU:

Any year a main console Zelda is going to be released it's going to top my top 10 most anticipated list. We still don't know a whole lot about it which helps build up my excitement for what I don't know. I was a bit hesistant to an open world Zelda but after playing XCX I'm very excited to take that concept of exploring a massive world and mix in the Zelda formula.

2: Persona 5:

Until about a year ago I hadn't even played a Persona game, now I own almost all of them and consider myself a huge fan. Persona 4 Golden in particular became one of my all time favorite games and I finished it right around the time that original big unveil trailer for Persona 5 came out revealing the direction the game would go and blew me away. Was tough to pick between Zelda and Persona they are really tied for me.

3: Fire Emblem Fates:

I've always been a huge fan of strategy rpgs after playing Final Fantasy Tactics and FE was a franchise I aways hoped would get localized and I've bought every game day 1 since they started releasing them in the US. Awakening saved the series from death and combined elements of all my favorite entries to make arguably the best game in the series. Fates seems super ambitions with 3 separate campaigns and great new mechanics to build on the excellence of Awakening.

4: Ace Attorney 6:

I'm a sucker for murder mysteries and figuring out who dun it and how and many games and sequels in no franchise does it anywhere near as well as the Ace Attorney series. Whenever an AA game comes out I basically devote all free time to finishing it.

5: Final Fantasy 15:

I've loved pretty much every game in this franchise including 13 warts and all. The episode duscae gave me a very positive impression for the full game and I'm very excited to finally play it if it actually comes out next year.

6: Zero Time Dilemma:

The Zero Escape series completely caught me off guard, I knew I liked visual novels but thr crazy set up and characters make the ZE sefies truly stand out. Fantastic writing kept the first two games incredibly gripping and the finale to this trilogy has a lot to live up to and explain to wrap up the series.

7: Bravely Second:

The first Bravel Default for its various problems in the second half still has an incredibly solid gameplay system taking the best FF system (5) and adding some awesome new ideas in the brave and default systems. If the sequel can fix the pacing issues and improve the gameplay it'll be damn near perfect.

8: Dragon Quest 7:

The big gapping hole in my dragon quest collection (minus 10... Stupid mmos). I've enjoyed the other 8 games and am thrilled to finally try the definitive version of the only mainline game I don't own.

9: SMT x FE/ #FE:

I'm not exactly sure what to call this game so I'll just put both titles I've seen it called. This is basically persona with fire emblem characters instead of demons, that's all I needed to know.

10:project Setsuna

This game truly caught my eye when Square Enix announced it and all the details remind me of Chrono Trigger which is imo the best game ever. I'm optimistic for this game and hope it lives up to the hype I've created for it.

Honorable mentions to games I'm either not sure are coming out 2016, am somewhat concerned may not live up to anticipation, or just don't get me as excited.

Trails of Cold Steel 2
Nier Automata
Uncharted 4
No Man's Sky
Star Fox Zero
Tales of Berseria

gamerMan

1. Zelda Wii U - Zelda is my favorite series of all time. Even though the series has never reached the height of Ocarina of time, even bad Zelda games are better than anything else.
2. Rise Of Tomb Raider PC - I grew up with this series and love the open level design and challenge. While it's good on the Xbox One, I want to finish it on the PC to experience it at its best.
3. Last Guardian - I waited forever for this game and hope it finally comes out
4. Star Fox Zero - Although this game doesn't look the greatest, I have faith that Nintendo will turn the game around. Plus, I waited forever for a sequel to Star Fox 64
5. Cuphead - It looks like a cartoon
6. Unravel - I love art style of this game.
7. Horizon: Zero Dawn - Not a big fan of Guerilla games, but this game actually looks interesting.
8. Scalebound - Looks epic.
9. Quantum Break - Remedy makes great games but I'm not sure this game will turn out. Still, the game looks so amazing.
10. Uncharted 4 - The one reason I bought the PS4 and I think greatness will finally arrive with this game. While the game play is simple and linear, I love the story and characters. I want to see how the story gets resolved.

d00d3n

By the way, Mass Effect is getting delayed to 2017, right? It seems like too little has been shown at this point.

Eman Resu

1. Dark Souls 3
2. FFXV
3. Uncharted 4
4. Persona 5
5. TLOZ U
6. ME Andromeda
7. The Last Guardian
8. No Man's Sky
9. Horizon Zero Dawn
10. Cyberpunk 2077 higher if actually 2016

kagamin

Did everyone forget Dragon Quest XI is scheduled to release next year? Or are they just not anticipated for the Japanese release? :p

Dark_castle

1) Dragon Quest XI
2) Persona 5
3) Dark Souls 3
4) Final Fantasy XV
5) Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna
6) Salt and Sanctuary
7) Death's Gambit
8) Dragon Quest VII 3DS
9) Nioh
10) Star Ocean 5

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2. No Man's Sky
3. Mafia 3
4. Firewatch
5. The Tomorrow Children
6. Hyper Light Drifter
7. Horizon Zero Dawn
8. Rime
9. Adr1ft
10. Mass Effect: Andromeda

thefil

1. Dishonored 2 : first is one of my favourite games of all time, love the idea of two characters ala some older Castlevanias
2. Firewatch : A game about an adult! How novel
3. The Witness : Love Braid
3. Persona 5 : For the art

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U: A new Zelda is always one of the absolute best games of its generation.

2. Kingdom Come: Deliverance: Rpg in historical Bohemia with a promise of trying to be realistic. Love the premise!

3. Star Fox Zero

4. Dark Souls 3

5. Street Fighter V

6. Dragon Quest VII

7. Cuphead

8. Final Fantasy XV

9. The Last Guardian

10. Horizon: Zero Dawn

graywolf323

1. Persona 5: One of my favorite RPG series and it was one of my most anticipated games of the past 2 years.
  2. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: Human Revolution was one of my favorite games of last gen.
  3. Mass Effect: Andromeda: While I was disappointed with how Mass Effect 3 ended the first 3 were still some of my favorite games from last gen.
  4. Uncharted 4: Can't go wrong with Naughty Dog.
  5. Yakuza 0: Gotta keep supporting it in hopes we'll keep getting more games in the series
  6. Ratchet & Clank: One of my favorite series and excited to be getting a new one
  7. Hitman: I really like stealth games and everything about this one makes it look like it could be great
  8. Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma: I love the story in these games.
  9. Dishonored 2: The first one is one of my favorite stealth games, even managed to get the clean hands and ghost achievements on the PS4 version
  10. MLB The Show '16: I love baseball and wanted to see it get at least one point >_>

Some honorable mentions include Final Fantasy XV, Ni no Kuni 2, and The Last Guardian because I'm not sure if they'll actually make it out in 2016

Also excited to see how Horizon: Zero Dawn, Scalebound, Quantum Dream, among others turn out.

Did everyone forget Dragon Quest XI is scheduled to release next year? Or are they just not anticipated for the Japanese release? :p
Besides the fact that I'm skeptical as hell about that JP release date, yeah, I'm not exactly excited about a game with no WW release date.

1. The Last Guardian
2. Firewatch
3. Tacoma
4. Legend of Zelda Wii U
5. No Man's Sky
6. Cuphead
7. Ratchet and Clank PS4
8. The Witness
9. Uncharted 4
10. Crackdown 3

duhmetree

1.) Destiny 2
- over 1000 hours in the 'beta'. Next gen only and ample time to develop it's potential

2.) Zelda WiiU
-will buy WiiU just for Zelda

3.) Dark Souls 3
- Hidetaka Miyazaki.

4.) Uncharted 4
5.) Horizon:Zero Dawn
6.) The Last Guardian
7.) The Division
8.) Final Fantasy XV
9.) For Honor
10.) Ni-Oh

Scalebound is something I'm interested in.. Might force me to get a xbone.

1. Uncharted 4
2. Mass effect 4
3. Quantum break
4. Gears of War 4
5. Halo wars 2
6. Doom 4
7. Horizon
8. No man's sky

That's all I got. Not many big games for me next year as of now.

Shion

1. No Man's Sky
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
4. The Witness
5. Dark Souls 3
6. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
7. NieR: Automata
8. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
9. Gravity Rush 2
10. The Last Guardian

Welfare

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda: It is mother fucking Mass Effect on the Xbox One (and other platforms). How can this not be my number one?
2. Doom: This game is so NDA
3. Halo Wars 2: The sequel to my favorite console RTS (C&C is my favorite PC/overall) that I have been waiting years for. With a PC version, I think the cloud's the limit to how much it'll improve over the original, and that has me excited.
4. Gears of War 4
5. Scalebound
6. Crackdown 3
7. Quantum Break
8. Final Fantasy XV
9. Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
10. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

xehanort

1) Uncharted 4 : It is god damn uncharted! But plays better, looks better and takes its cue from TLOU. I think it is worth being at the top twice

2) Final Fantasy XV : It has come. After around 10 years of waiting, we can now play this game in the flesh (Provided it won't be delayed, please).

3) Persona 5 : A very very consistent series from a very consistent creators that keeps on creating wonderful, charming, bizarre and exciting world. Where is my Brigandine 2 Atlus?

4) Gravity Rush 2 : Kat deserves the PS4 kind of treatment, buy this game guys! Please!

5) Horizon: Zero Dawn : Monster Hunter x Dino-Robot x hot Lady. What more can I ask for?

6) Scalebound : Platinum takes on RPG, I'll take anything Platinum

7) Nier: Automata : I said I'll take anything Platinum, are you happy now Kamiya? :/

8) Zelda WiiU : Link waifu in Skyrim size world? ;)

9) No Man's Sky : Just voted this so I could see it 3 years straight in most Anticipated title

10) Pokken : I'm ready to suplex that mother fucker Charizard with my Pikachu!

EDIT: Seems like it's a runaway victory for Uncharted 4, Then a three-way battle between Zelda, Persona and Mass Effect

UberTag

By the way, Mass Effect is getting delayed to 2017, right? It seems like too little has been shown at this point.
Roughly half of the games mentioned in this thread are getting delayed to 2017 and beyond... but being shown too little doesn't necessarily portend to Mass Effect not coming out. After all, Fallout 4 was kept off limits until just this past summer and made it out.

That said, Bioware's long track record of delays virtually ensures Mass Effect is getting delayed to 2017. It still has a 2016 date for now, though... so it's fair game.

Bronx-Man

Banned
1. No Man's Sky
2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
3. Persona 5
4. Street Fighter V
5. Doom
6. The Last Guardian
7. Final Fantasy XV

Thores

hU77vAM.jpg

1. Persona 5 : This has been my most anticipated game for the past two years, and I am ALL IN for Year 3! It has been taking its sweet time to get here, but all the time and work and love Atlus is putting into this game makes me almost positive that once it does, it's going to be something that lives up to the legacy this franchise has built.

fsrQMG8.jpg

2. Street Fighter V : Street Fighter IV was a good enough game that it actually managed to sorta-kinda get me into the competitive fighting game scene. I'm not really any good, but I had enough fun playing IV that I went "you know what would also be fun? Playing IV at tournaments!" And that's been a blast. But over the past year I've been kind of tired of SFIV, and V looks like exactly the refreshment to the franchise I need. It's taken out the vast majority of my least favorite mechanics in IV, replaced them with really cool ones, and adds the best netcode I've ever seen from a Capcom game. The beta phases over the past few months have succeeded in completely selling me on this game, and I know my entire fighting game career in 2016 is going to be fun as hell.

v20MA1G.jpg

3. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma : The Zero Escape series has been two of the best visual novels I've ever played, and I was beginning to give up hope that we'd ever see the final entry of this trilogy. I'm actually still going to be a little nervous until we see some screenshots. But man. Thank you Aksys. Thank you for saving the day.

JBIY6L3.jpg

4. The Last Guardian : This was another very strong case of "oh my god I can't believe this is still happening". But lo and behold, it's still happening. And while I'm suspicious that the delays have had far more to do with production issues than polish, I'm still pretty optimistic that this'll be worth the wait.

SUxAG1B.jpg

5. Genei Ibun Roku #FE : I'm really glad that the Wii U is getting another potentially quality JRPG before it fades into the night. And I'm incredibly excited about the Persona vibe I've been getting so far, even if "Fire Emblem idols" isn't a concept I'm immediately sold on. Weirdly enough the thing that gets me pumped the most is finding out what its final name in English is going to be so I can stop typing out that absurd mouthful.

36HFNxA.jpg

6. Dragon Quest VII : This has really been the year of dream-come-true announcements and re-announcements for me. Thank you, Square-Enix!

Dea5XQu.jpg

7. Pokken Tournament : I am so thrilled I finally get to play this. "Pokemon fighting game" has been something I daydreamed about since middle school, and now it's real. Granted, the roster was a bit bigger than 11 characters in my head, and that was 5 generations ago. But I'm more than willing to buy now and watch this spinoff expand over the years.

zUXDePB.png

8. The Legend of Zelda : This looks super pretty and has the potential to be very, very different from the 3D Zeldas we've been getting over the years. I'm still holding out the faintest hope that the protagonist in the trailers is actually Zelda, or that Link is a girl this time, but I'm sure this will be an interesting, quality title either way.

vqgqeOC.jpg

9. Fire Emblem Fates : I'm still skeptical over how successful the dual release strategy is going to be for the franchise here in the states, but oh well, I'm on board. I was in the camp that loved Awakening and this seems to further scratch that itch. I'll be getting Birthright while my roomie gets Conquest.

Jn9fzXB.jpg

10. Rivals of Aether : I was so intrigued by RoA's mission statement - a Smash-like built primarily for the competitive crowd with a unique, creative roster - that I actually created the thread for this game when it was announced! It's in Open Access now and the versus gameplay is fun and satisfying. Can't wait till next year when we get our final playable character and all of the single player content.

Man this year is PACKED with games I want. I had to leave out Final Fantasy XV and Horizon: Zero Dawn. Danganronpa V3 would have been on the list, probably in 4th place, if I thought that its 2016 release applied to the US as well.... but come on guys, who are you kidding.

1. #FE
2. Persona 5
3. Dragon Quest VII
4. The Legend of Zelda WiiU
5. Street Fighter 5
6. Fire Emblem Fates
7. Senran Kagura Estival Versus
8. Starfox Zero
9. Guilty Gear XRD Revelator
10. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

BPoole

1. Dark Souls 3
  2. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  3. Dishonored 2
  4. Overwatch
  5. A Hat in Time
  6. Cuphead
  7. Shadow Warrior 2
  8. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
  9. Doom
  10. Ghost Recon: Wildlands

1. Persona 5 : I really love Persona 3 and 4. In the past several years I've had trouble playing JRPGs through to completion. I just lose interest somewhere along the way. But that hasn't happened with those two games which is especially impressive given how long they are. 5 looks like it'll be a worthy follow up and while I'm sure it would have been my GOTY this year had it been released, I'm glad their taking their time to do it right.

2. Uncharted 4 : Naughty Dog games generally don't disappoint me, and I've been having a blast with the beta, so this should be good.

3. Mass Effect Andromeda : The trilogy ended with a thud and bioware isn't what it used to be, but I have hope they can bounce back.

4. Final Fantasy XV : At least I think it's been threatened that it may be released next year. I'm not really feeling it yet, but a new FF I'll probably feel it closer to launch.

That's all I can think of.

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda: A fresh start to one of gaming's greatest trilogies. Hopefully ME:A can deliver an excellent story with deep character progression, amazing graphics, and even more choice.

2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: Naughty Dog is the master of story driven games, and Uncharted 4 looks amazing from what we've seen. Their attention to detail is unparalleled, let's just hope Drake's conclusion feels satisfying.

3. Horizon: Zero Dawn: Sony finally has one of their studios working on a WRPG, and I couldn't be more pleased with what I've seen. Female protagonist, robot dinosaurs, nature reclaimed open world and incredible graphics, what more could we ask for?

4. Ratchet & Clank: Since the PS2 R&C games were always my favourite, revisiting the original Ratchet story with incredibly detailed graphics is definitely a game worth checking out.

5. Battlefield 5: Besides the launch, BF4 was an awesome game. Hopefully BF5 can continue building on BF4's strengths and deliver even better visuals.

6. No Man's Sky: Although the charm is waning, if No Man's Sky can deliver on its promises, it may be one of the most innovative games yet.

7. Outlast II: Outlast was the best PS+ surprise of 2014, and left me wanting more. I can't wait to see what Red Barrels will do with the sequel.

Not sure if I'll add anymore, nothing else really stands out to me.

1. Dark Souls 3
2. The Last Guardian
3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. Cuphead (looks great but I don't have an Xbone nor will I buy one for any game except Pazer Dragoon).

kyubajin

1. Dark Souls III
2. Final Fantasy XV
3. The Last Guardian
4. DOOM
5. XCOM 2
6. Mass Effect: Andromeda
7. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
8. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
9. Ni-Oh
10. Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
2016 is honestly not looking like that great a year for me, especially after the epic year that was 2015. Not a lot coming down the pipe that I'm interested in except for the following:

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda: Huge fan of the Mass Effect series and one of the few titles that will likely suck up over 100 hours of my time. I've played and replayed all 3 ME games, so there's no doubt in my mind that I will really enjoy this.
2. Dishonored 2: The first Dishonored was an epic adventure that took me to a very cool and rich universe. It didn't hurt that the gameplay was satisfying and using powers to traverse the world was fun. Looking forward to doing both a high and low chaos run in this one.
3. Overwatch: Not a huge fan of class based MP but this is a game that seems to be doing it right. I've been playing the beta and having a blast, so I'm almost 100% sure that this is a game that I will enjoy.
4. Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster: I never played RE0 so this is probably going to be the best way to experience it. I still need to beat REmaster, which I started playing early this year but never finished.
5. Uncharted 4: This is going to be an epic adventure with probably a very good story, but the combination of UC3 being a massive letdown and my not owning a PS4 but this at the bottom of my list. I'll play it eventually, but I'm not rushing to pick up a PS4 just yet after the disappointment that was UC3.

1) Persona 5 - So many delays, but what teases we've gotten are soooooo good. Really hope I'm not voting for this again here next year.
2) No Man's Sky - See above.
3) The Last Guardian - Not even sure if I want to play it anymore, but I'm excited about what happens.
4) Final Fantasy XV - Having a demo this year was super cruel in that it implies the game might actually come out eventually.
5) Gran Turismo Sport - Sony's signature IP + PS4 + VR? Yes please.
6) Uncharted 4
7) Quantum Break
8) Dark Souls 3 - Some series fatigue concerns after GOTY candidate-tier titles for 2 years straight.
9) Fire Emblem Fates
10) Dead Or Alive Extreme 3 - Not to buy, but a massive schadenfreude target + I want to see how it might shape VR. Anticipation can be ironic, right?

HM: Playstation VR on the whole. It enhances my interest in No Man's Sky and GT Sport, which is why I want to toss a mention.

Randomizer

1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
2. The Last Guardian
3. Dark Souls III
4. Scalebound
5. Uncharted 4
6. Persona 5
7. Star Fox Zero
8. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
9. Final Fantasy XV
10. Fire Emblem Fates

Top Bottom