• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

gcubed

how are US people buying stuff in the UK? Is basically getting a UK psn card the only way to do it? Any way to get a cc to work?

edit... nevermind, got a psn card online for 18.99GBP... finally broke down and going to go wild on the UK store

Blablurn

awesome, sony just activated my old songs. currently downloading 29 tracks from the store. seems like this is going to take some time :(

Tntnnbltn

UK SingStore Update, 17th December 2009

English:
  • Adele – "Chasing Pavements"
  • The Beach Boys – "Auld Lang Syne"
  • Celine Dion – "All By Myself"
  • Coheed and Cambria – "A Favor House Atlantic"
  • Crowded House – "Not The Girl You Think You Are"
  • Daddy Cool – "Eagle Rock"
  • Delta Goodrem – "Innocent Eyes"
  • Dizzee Rascal – "Dream"
  • Dizzee Rascal – "Fix Up, Look Sharp"
  • Dizzee Rascal – "Flex"
  • Earth And Fire – "Weekend"
  • Eels – "Novocaine For The Soul"
  • Gary Numan – "Cars"
  • Gin Blossoms – "Hey Jealousy"
  • The Go-Betweens – "Streets Of Your Town"
  • The Hives – "Tick Tick Boom"
  • James Morrison feat. Nelly Furtado – "Broken Strings"
  • JLS – "Beat Again"
  • John Farnham – "Burn For You"
  • Kaiser Chiefs – "Oh My God"
  • Keane – "Is It Any Wonder?"
  • Kim Herold – "Social Butterfly"
  • Lady Gaga – "Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)"
  • Lighthouse Family – "Lifted"
  • Martha Reeves – "Dancing in The Street"
  • Meat Loaf – "I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)"
  • Nik Kershaw – "I Won’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me"
  • Peter Andre – "Mysterious Girl"
  • Simple Minds – "Alive And Kicking"
  • Smokey Robinson – "Being With You"
  • The Specials – "Too Much Too Young"
  • Stereo MC’s – "Connected"
  • The Supremes – "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"
  • Texas – "Halo"
  • Texas – "Summer Son"
  • will.i.am – "I Got It From My Mama"
  • Wombles – "Wombling Merry Christmas"

Spanish:
  • Kiko Y Shara – "Puede Ser"
  • Kiko Y Shara – "Y yo quería"
  • Melocos con Natalia Jiménez – "Cuando Me Vaya"
  • Tam Tam Go – "Atrapados en la red"

Swedish:
  • Petter – "Det Går Bra Nu"

Portuguese:
  • Sétima Legião – "Sete Mares"

Song Packs

Eddy Grant:
  • Eddy Grant - "Baby Come Back"
  • Eddy Grant - "Electric Avenue"
  • Eddy Grant - "Gimme Hope Jo'anna"
  • Eddy Grant - "I Don't Wanna Dance"
  • Eddy Grant - "Living On The Front Line"

The Jackson 5:
  • The Jackson 5 - "ABC"
  • The Jackson 5 - "Dancing Machine"
  • The Jackson 5 - "I'll Be There"
  • The Jackson 5 - "Mama's Pearl"
  • The Jackson 5 - "Never Can Say Goodbye"

Il Divo:
  • Il Divo - "All By Myself"
  • Il Divo - "Ave Maria"
  • Il Divo - "Mama"
  • Il Divo - "The Power Of Love"
  • Il Divo - "Unbreak My Heart"

SingStar Essentials: Party Picks
  • Anastacia - "I'm Outta Love"
  • Frankie Goes to Hollywood - "Relax"
  • Hot Chocolate - "You Sexy Thing"
  • Outkast - "Hey Ya"
  • P!nk - "Get The Party Started"

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
damn.... what a great week... though I am guessing there is a PSN point card in my immediate future knowing most of the best are UMG.

Wow, impressive update, should be more then enough there to keep me busy over the holidays. Peter Andre as well, that's guna be funny after a few shandy's :lol

lupinko

Isn't that supposed to be Earth Wind and Fire? Unless there is also a band called Earth and Fire that I don't know of. :lol

woodypop

For me:

• Adele – "Chasing Pavements" (already have on Lips, but will double-dip)
  • Eels – "Novocaine For The Soul" (Yay!)
  • Gary Numan – "Cars" (More 80s? Yes, plz)
  • Keane – "Is It Any Wonder?"
  • Simple Minds – "Alive And Kicking" (More Simple Minds is always good)
  • Stereo MC’s – "Connected"

Not a spectacular update, but some pleasant, unexpected surprises. Wish the selections were more popular from Nik Kershaw (Wouldn't It Be Good?) and Crowded House (Don't Dream It's Over?).

Tntnnbltn

Formatting is done. Phew.

Now if only I didn't have shitty 256k internet all month I might be able to watch the preview links I posted. :(

gcubed

damnit, i just blew through a 20 UK card catching up on good titles, looks like i need another one. Thats a pretty damn good end of the year update. Finding out how easy it was to get a card has the potential to be a money-sapping gateway.

tntnnbltn - thanks for the quick answer the other day... didnt want to interrupt any warhawk time!

Tntnnbltn

My definite purchases (without being able to watch song previews)...

Adele – "Chasing Pavements"
Celine Dion – "All By Myself"
Daddy Cool – "Eagle Rock"
Delta Goodrem – "Innocent Eyes"
Lady Gaga – "Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)"
Meat Loaf – "I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)"

Bolded tracks show high levels of super-awesomeness.

gcubed

while i am always up for some meatloaf songs, paradise by the dashboard light would be the absolute perfect duet song

The Jackson 5 - "ABC"
The Jackson 5 - "Dancing Machine"
The Jackson 5 - "I'll Be There"
The Jackson 5 - "Mama's Pearl"
The Jackson 5 - "Never Can Say Goodbye"
Meat Loaf – "I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)"
Gin Blossoms – "Hey Jealousy"
Lady Gaga – "Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)"

on the fence-

Adele – "Chasing Pavements"

having a NYE party with a bunch of friends, will have the camera running and recording, undoubtedly will get some quality video

lupinko

Smokey Robinson – "Being With You"
The Supremes – "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"
The Jackson 5 - "ABC"
The Jackson 5 - "Dancing Machine"
The Jackson 5 - "I'll Be There"
The Jackson 5 - "Mama's Pearl"
The Jackson 5 - "Never Can Say Goodbye"

That's it for me this week.

This makes a great week for the PlayStation brand, strangely all on the same day too!!!
FFXIII, GT5 Academy, and this update.

Tntnnbltn

SingStar Viewer – Coming Soon

Hi everyone,

Today, I’m really pleased to be able to talk to you about SingStar Viewer, a great new SingStar app coming soon to PlayStation Store.

With SingStar Viewer, you can browse and purchase from SingStore, and watch, rate and review uploaded video clips, photos and profiles in the MySingStarOnline community – all without needing to have a SingStar disc in your PS3.

Anyone with a PSN account will be able to download SingStar Viewer for FREE from PlayStation Store and see what’s going on in the SingStar community and SingStore. Once downloaded, SingStar Viewer will sit on your XMB under the Games category, so you can instantly jump into the online community whenever you want.

If you’re a SingStar pro and are already a member of MySingStarOnline, then you can purchase from SingStore, rate and review video clips etc. as usual.

If you’re new to SingStar on PS3, then you can browse the SingStore and view community videos etc. (just not rate / review them). So if you’ve never tried SingStar before on PS3, you can take a look and see what all the fuss is about!

Take a look at the video to see SingStar Viewer in action, and check the PlayStation Store over the coming weeks. SingStar Viewer is coming very soon!

Let me know your thoughts on SingStar Viewer below. : )
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/12/14/singstar-viewer-–-coming-soon/

Tntnnbltn

TTP said:
video says you can rate vids but blog post says the opposite. I wonder who's right...
From what I understood you can only rate videos if you own the game (i.e. have registered for a MSO profile via a disc version of the game).

gcubed said:
on the fence-
All according to keikaku.

venne

gcubed said:
damnit, i just blew through a 20 UK card catching up on good titles, looks like i need another one. Thats a pretty damn good end of the year update. Finding out how easy it was to get a card has the potential to be a money-sapping gateway.

tntnnbltn - thanks for the quick answer the other day... didnt want to interrupt any warhawk time!

Who is your source for the cards?

Tntnnbltn

Chart analysis...

Code:
=========================================================================================
 YEAR  SONG                                                             AUS    UK    US
=========================================================================================
 1964  Martha Reeves – "Dancing in The Street"                            ?     4     2
 1971  Daddy Cool – "Eagle Rock"                                          1     -     -
 1979  Gary Numan – "Cars"                                                9     1     9
 1980  The Specials – "Too Much Too Young"                                -     1     -
 1981  Smokey Robinson – "Being With You"                                 -     1     2
 1983  Nik Kershaw – "I Won’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me"                  -     2     -
 1985  Simple Minds – "Alive And Kicking"                                21     7     3
 1988  The Go-Betweens – "Streets Of Your Town"                          70    80     -
 1990  John Farnham – "Burn For You"                                      5     -     -
 1992  Stereo MC’s – "Connected"                                         47    18    20
 1993  Gin Blossoms – "Hey Jealousy"                                     28    24    25
 1993  Meat Loaf – "I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)"       1     1     1
 1995  Lighthouse Family – "Lifted"                                       -     4     -
 1996  Celine Dion – "All By Myself"                                     38     6     4
 1996  Crowded House – "Not The Girl You Think You Are"                  37    20     -
 1996  Peter Andre – "Mysterious Girl"                                    8     1     -
 1997  Eels – "Novocaine For The Soul"                                    -    10     -
 1997  Texas – "Halo"                                                     -    10     -
 1999  Texas – "Summer Son"                                               -     4     -
 2003  Delta Goodrem – "Innocent Eyes"                                    1     9     -
 2004  Coheed and Cambria – "A Favor House Atlantic"                      -    77     -
 2004  Kaiser Chiefs – "Oh My God"                                        -     6     -
 2006  Keane – "Is It Any Wonder?"                                        -     3    78
 2007  The Hives – "Tick Tick Boom"                                       -    15     -
 2007  will.i.am – "I Got It From My Mama"                               19    38    31
 2008  Adele – "Chasing Pavements"                                        -     2    21
 2008  James Morrison feat. Nelly Furtado – "Broken Strings"              -     2     -
 2009  JLS – "Beat Again"                                                 -     1     -
 2009  Lady Gaga – "Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)"                     15     -     -

Tntnnbltn

Dedication Through Light said:
So when and what will the US store get this week?
Just looking at the UK list (US still unconfirmed at this stage), no Jackson 5, no Martha Reeves, no Lady Gaga, no James Morrison, no Keane, no will.i.am, no Texas, no Eels, no Lighthouse family, no Gin Blossoms, no Meatloaf, no Smokey Robinson. And possibly other artists.

US list will either be announced later today/this week on the US Blog, or they won't bother announcing it and you'll have to wait till Thursday to find out.

Oh wow, so it cost you 21 US dollars for the card? I might just have to do this.

I got the singstar wireless mics last week. The box was destroyed and there was a US customs stamp that said it was destroyed before they got it. Then the contents of the singstar box were all over inside the shipping box and it was held sut with the equvilent of 3 pieces of scotch tape SMH US customs!

Anyways the mics work fine, just not for rock band, granted I've only tried them with the Lego version so far. But they are not nearly sensitive enough for LRB. Does the same apply to Rock Band 2? Should I even try? And how about guitar hero 5, do they work nicely with that?

Toki767

Not a bad update. Will probably get 5 or 6 songs.

Ouch at there not being another update till January 14 though. Had to wait 3 weeks for an update and now we have to wait a month.:lol

That will.i.am song is so :lol :lol

gcubed

Terrordactyl said:
Oh wow, so it cost you 21 US dollars for the card? I might just have to do this.

I got the singstar wireless mics last week. The box was destroyed and there was a US customs stamp that said it was destroyed before they got it. Then the contents of the singstar box were all over inside the shipping box and it was held sut with the equvilent of 3 pieces of scotch tape SMH US customs!

Anyways the mics work fine, just not for rock band, granted I've only tried them with the Lego version so far. But they are not nearly sensitive enough for LRB. Does the same apply to Rock Band 2? Should I even try? And how about guitar hero 5, do they work nicely with that?

$31 US dollars - 18.99GBP - I meant that 20 songs on the US store at 1.49 each is $29.80, the UK card was $31 something, so you arent getting killed on it

If you want to use the singstar wireless mic's with RB2 you need to crank the volume/sens, which to me isnt worth it.

The UK singstore songs are .99 GBP each? Huh I'll probably do this the. Yeah I don't really like using them with Rock Band it's unfortunate that they don't work better. Maybe Rock Band 3 will be better optimized for them, but I doubt it.

gcubed

yeah, not sure the negatives, i think i remember reading that if your ps3 dies, you cant really get back your foreign singstar purchases, though i could easily be wrong

Yeah I don't really have an issue with that. I wish they could just unify all the labels in a worldwide singstore and make this easy. it would be a lot of work but it would pay off IMO.

lupinko

The best part about this update is that the KING OF MOTOWN now graces the Singstore with his grand awesome presence.

I really need to get Singstar Motown. ^^;;

Too bad it's not the alternative version of Being With You, Being With You/Aqui Con Tigo, which I like better. :D

lupinko said:
The best part about this update is that the KING OF MOTOWN now graces the Singstore with his grand awesome presence.

I really need to get Singstar Motown. ^^;;

Too bad it's not the alternative version of Being With You, Being With You/Aqui Con Tigo, which I like better. :D
Some cool songs on there but the montages for the songs they don't have a video for are really, really bad. Wish they'd have put more time and thought into these.

lupinko

khuezy said:
OMG will USA get MEATLOAF??????????
I'll do anything for that song, but I won't do that.

Should be, I mean he is a SME artist, but then again there are Celine Dion and Sara Bareilles songs that didn't appear on the NA store and they are both SME artists. :lol =/

That is from what I checked on my NA (Canadian) iTunes store too, so. *shrugs*

lupinko

Tntnnbltn said:
US iTunes: UMG
UK iTunes: Virgin

This is what I see on my iTunes:

33ksz7d.jpg

9sfjmw.jpg

w9a52a.jpg

1yy42.jpg

25plto0.jpg

o6ifmb.jpg

dpbpdc.jpg

He's apparently all over the place.

Tntnnbltn

lupinko said:
Wait, so Meat Loaf is all over the place only here and but not anywhere else? :lol
They are all over the place with respect to time/different albums, but we're only interested in what label "I'd Do Anything For Love" (1993) is under. That label is UMG for North America and Virgin for Europe.

bomb_jack

Some things that I reckon still need to be fixed in SingStar.

You can still only have 20 names saved (which is fucking ridiculous, they must think that nobody has more than 19 friends).

It doesn't remember the set up you like for pass the mic (I never want to use first past the post or keep it up, yet i have to change it every single time).

You can't turn songs on/off without deleting them from your hard drive (I think you should be able to make playlists and choose before you play pass the mic whether you want to use all songs/'80s/'90s/rock/pop/custom/etc.)

You should be able to set the difficulty for each person individually in pass the mic (right now you can only do it for a whole team).

You should be able to set the number of shuffles each team gets in pass the mic.

If you do want to play first past the post you should be able to pick the score you have to get to (right now it's stuck on first to 5000, but i think 4000 or 3500 would be better because at least someone would definitely hit those).

lucius

So I had about 10 songs on my Ps3 when it broke then after calling Sony they fixed it so I was able to redownload the songs for free on the refurbished unit the sent me. Now that system broke after 5 months and went and got a Slim, but Sony now says I can't get my Singstar songs back since they did it for me once already, WTH?

So if I decide to buy like 50 Singstar songs now and my Slim ends up breaking a year or 2 from now there is no way to protect yourself from having to pay for all the songs again? Once they reset it 1 time? Or has anyone had luck getting them to deactivate the songs more than once?

Tntnnbltn

lucius said:
Now that system broke after 5 months and went and got a Slim, but Sony now says I can't get my Singstar songs back since they did it for me once already, WTH?
Keep trying until you get someone who isn't an asshat.

Tntnnbltn

Goddammit. I was hoping with the recent SingStore tracks from Sony Music Entertainment Australia that I might have a chance of getting Jessica Mauboy. I recommended her to Nina on the EU Blog on Monday, but just saw that she signed with Ministry of Sound in the UK. Would suck so much if Australia misses out on good local artists because of their UK label. :(

Edit: UK iTunes still says SME Australia. (crosses fingers)

Returners

lucius said:
So I had about 10 songs on my Ps3 when it broke then after calling Sony they fixed it so I was able to redownload the songs for free on the refurbished unit the sent me. Now that system broke after 5 months and went and got a Slim, but Sony now says I can't get my Singstar songs back since they did it for me once already, WTH?

So if I decide to buy like 50 Singstar songs now and my Slim ends up breaking a year or 2 from now there is no way to protect yourself from having to pay for all the songs again? Once they reset it 1 time? Or has anyone had luck getting them to deactivate the songs more than once?

give them your service request number, and don't mention you transferred before unless they ask you.

lupinko

Tntnnbltn said:
Goddammit. I was hoping with the recent SingStore tracks from Sony Music Entertainment Australia that I might have a chance of getting Jessica Mauboy. I recommended her to Nina on the EU Blog on Monday, but just saw that she signed with Ministry of Sound in the UK. Would suck so much if Australia misses out on good local artists because of their UK label. :(

Edit: UK iTunes still says SME Australia. (crosses fingers)

Oh you should be fine, and continue to remain a happy panda.

bryehn

Bought a few songs on Monday and they all failed downloading with code FT1 after installing the 4.31 update (both Queen and Vol. 2 US). CC transaction went through and they're in my download list. They fail after seemingly downloading the whole file...

Generic network error or am I screwed and need to call customer service?

Who the hell would I even call?

EDIT: Wait, Eddy Grant song pack?!?! Please come out here!

Tntnnbltn

SingStar Viewer is probably going to be released in the EU today. SingStar's servers are down for "scheduled maintenence" for the next 2 hours, coinciding with this week's PSN update.

nofi

Tntnnbltn said:
SingStar Viewer is probably going to be released in the EU today. Servers are down for "scheduled maintenence" for the next 2 hours, coinciding with this week's PSN update.

Yep, it's today mate, AFAIK.

Top Bottom