• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

Tntnnbltn

Is it wrong that I've decided to go pimping SingStar on various artist forums? i.e. I just let the Natalie Bassingthwaighte forum know about the latest Natalie Bassingthwaighte songs on the store, but now I'm kind of feeling like the world's biggest
(unpaid)
corporate shill. :lol :lol

Edit: I sent a PM to the administrator of the forum. Apparently they liked my news. :)

Tntnnbltn

v7h0tj.jpg

:mad:

Coen

Tntnnbltn said:
Is it wrong that I've decided to go pimping SingStar on various artist forums? i.e. I just let the Natalie Bassingthwaighte official forum know about the latest Natalie Bassingthwaighte songs on the store, but now I'm kind of feeling like the world's biggest
(unpaid)

Edit: I sent a PM to the administrator of the forum. Apparently they liked my news. :)

Well, I'm grateful for the work you put into keeping this thread updated. I wouldn't know why others would feel any other way.

On a side note, Natalie who? That's a horrible name for a performer. :lol

Tntnnbltn

Coen said:
On a side note, Natalie who? That's a horrible name for a performer. :lol
Natalie Bassingthwihghtrewa[...]eahtghte. Duh.

Edit: Lol, first reply on the Delta Goodrem site was a mod asking "So are you affiliated with PlayStation or something...?". I'd fail at covert viral marketing. :p

Toki767

Hahaha. At least you tried on the (not so?) viral marketing.

I must say it's kind of nice to see how active the thread has been even though we're on a 3 week hiatus till the next update. It'd be nice if the thread was always this active.

Tntnnbltn

Two of my neices are playing SingStar tonight. Ages 11 and 7(?). Massive DLC library coming in really useful; they are able to flick through until they find the few pop songs that the youngest knows. Although some that they know coincidentally get skipped over; I think their controller-wielding mother is implementing her own filtering scheme. :p

Edit: One hour later and I never want to hear "Barbie Girl" ever again.

Tntnnbltn

Toki767 said:
When you said 11 and 7 I had a feeling they'd either sing "Barbie Girl" or a Britney song to death.:lol
The set-list:
Katrina And The Waves - "Walking On Sunshine"
KT Tunstall - "Suddenly I See"
Mika - "Grace Kelly"
Natalie Imbruglia - "Torn"
OneRepublic - "Stop And Stare"
Rogue Traders - "I Never Liked You"
Sandi Thom - "I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair)"
Spice Girls - "Wannabe"
Timbaland feat OneRepublic - "Apologize"
Aqua - "Barbie Girl"
Avril Lavigne - "Complicated"
Britney Spears - "Oops!... I Did It Again"
Lily Allen - "Not Fair"
[The 11 year old left, the 4 year old arrived]
Aqua - "Barbie Girl"
Aqua - "Barbie Girl"
Aqua - "Barbie Girl"
Aqua - "Barbie Girl"
Aqua - "Barbie Girl"
Aqua - "Barbie Girl"
Aqua - "Barbie Girl"
Aqua - "Barbie Girl"

agm2502

I really hope they have that Bryan Adams song in this next update, it's also a shame they haven't got the license for some of the more popular christmas songs.

Tntnnbltn

How much does GAF love me?

Answer:
THIS MUCH! <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

15ojjtw.jpg
2ho9xyd.jpg
2nimrky.jpg

Returners

Tntnnbltn said:
The set-list:
Katrina And The Waves - "Walking On Sunshine"
KT Tunstall - "Suddenly I See"
Mika - "Grace Kelly"
Natalie Imbruglia - "Torn"
OneRepublic - "Stop And Stare"
Rogue Traders - "I Never Liked You"
Sandi Thom - "I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair)"
Spice Girls - "Wannabe"
Timbaland feat OneRepublic - "Apologize"
Aqua - "Barbie Girl"
Avril Lavigne - "Complicated"
Britney Spears - "Oops!... I Did It Again"
Lily Allen - "Not Fair"
[The 11 year old left, the 4 year old arrived]
Aqua - "Barbie Girl"
Aqua - "Barbie Girl"
Aqua - "Barbie Girl"
Aqua - "Barbie Girl"
Aqua - "Barbie Girl"
Aqua - "Barbie Girl"
Aqua - "Barbie Girl"
Aqua - "Barbie Girl"

Oh wow.

gcubed

Tntnnbltn said:
Is it wrong that I've decided to go pimping SingStar on various artist forums? i.e. I just let the Natalie Bassingthwaighte forum know about the latest Natalie Bassingthwaighte songs on the store, but now I'm kind of feeling like the world's biggest
(unpaid)

you're paid in appreciation from GAF Singstar

Doel

gcubed said:
i had to call twice to get someone who knew anything. The second call the guy was really helpful, gave me a fax number and asked me to fax the info posted already and i had my purchases reset in roughly 3 days
I emailed them today and got a response back already. They've said they reactivated them but it might take up to 10 days for it to work.

SO much more helpful then the 45min on the phone with a CSR.

Tntnnbltn

Wham bam, 14 songs from Sony Music Entertainment Australia artists requested in one huge batch.

I was rather frank in my email request. It was along the lines of 'Look, I know Sony Music Entertainment Australia is licensing happy at the moment, so here's a spam load of artists under that label. Go license them.' Except, you know, I was more polite and wordy.

So yeah. I apologise in advance if we get an update in 2 months time with only SME Australia artists. :)

Edit: Okay, well apologise is a bit of a strong word. It implies regret. If I got an update that fully consisted of songs I'd requested, there would be no such thing as regret.

woodypop

Tntnnbltn said:
So yeah. I apologise in advance if we get an update in 2 months time with only SME Australia artists. :)
Don't know too many Australian artists myself, but I wouldn't mind getting some (more) Kylie Minogue, INXS, Pseudo Echo, and Big Pig. (Those last two prolly ain't gonna happen.)

MadFuzzy

The version 4.31 patch is out (61mb for Vol.2).

And it's offically fixed the "rights" issued caused by the last update (all my previously non-working songs now work again without having to redownload them).

Im going to give SCEE/SCEA until saturday to fully understand that I would like my songs to be able to be downloaded and stripped from the old system now.

netguy503

Tntnnbltn said:
Ultimate Il Divo:
  • Il Divo - "All By Myself"
  • Il Divo - "Ave Maria"
  • Il Divo - "Mama"
  • Il Divo - "The Power Of Love"
  • Il Divo - "Unbreak My Heart"

My mom and her sisters are going to go CRAZY!!! I'll never get my PS3 at family gatherings again. Thanks SONY!:lol

netguy503

MadFuzzy said:
The version 4.31 patch is out (61mb for Vol.2).

And it's offically fixed the "rights" issued caused by the last update (all my previously non-working songs now work again without having to redownload them).

Out in EU or NA?

Toki767

I wish they put out the Celine Dion versions of "All By Myself" and "The Power of Love". Of course I have no clue who Il Divo is other than I can see they sing a lot of cover songs.

netguy503

Toki767 said:
I wish they put out the Celine Dion versions of "All By Myself" and "The Power of Love". Of course I have no clue who Il Divo is other than I can see they sing a lot of cover songs.

They are pretty heavy Opera singers once featured on the Oprah show(that's where women everywhere fell in love with them). If you get their pack, prepare to fail at EVERY song of theirs.:lol

Oh, and thank you, DM- I'll check it out.:D

netguy503

Toki767 said:
Opera singers singing ballads? Now I'm curious. :lol

Yea. Especially men singing love ballads- to other men. Somethings just not right with that (IMHO). You should see them sing the Power of Love to each other. It's- interesting to say the least.:lol

Tntnnbltn

Three days until the last SingStar update of the year........ Not sure if I want to hype or not. :-/

It's going to be a boring 3-4 weeks after that though. :(

agm2502

Tntnnbltn said:
Three days until the last SingStar update of the year........ Not sure if I want to hype or not. :-/

It's going to be a boring 3-4 weeks after that though. :(

I know what you mean, I don't know whether to expect a massive 50+ song update with some classic karaoke tunes or 25 average songs. I'd like to think they have included some christmas song from the Universal catalogue, and saved a few big songs specifically for the christmas update as a lot of people will be downloading over christmas and they want the most focus on these songs by having them in the latest section.

Vargas

It took awhile but I finally re-downloaded all my songs again. It took most of yesterday to get it done. Rock you like a Hurricane did not want to download though.

Sony better get Universal on board again in the US because I am going to upset if we do not get the Jackson 5 pack.

woodypop

Vargas said:
It took awhile but I finally re-downloaded all my songs again. It took most of yesterday to get it done. Rock you like a Hurricane did not want to download though.
I thought that got removed from the US Singstore. Would that have anything to do with it?

Tntnnbltn

DMPrince said:
Cool. they finally unlocked my songs to the new system. i'll buy one new song to celebrate.
You haven't purchased anything in 12 months so you decide to get one song?

Vargas said:
Sony better get Universal on board again in the US because I am going to upset if we do not get the Jackson 5 pack.
"Again" isn't the right term. They've never had Universal in the US for digital distribution.

Toki767

I noticed that "Unbreak My Heart" by Toni Braxton was locked from viewing performances when I was logged in with my UK account. Is that song not on the UK store?

Top Bottom