• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xena

Does anybody here have the guidebook and chime in your opinion about it? Does it have a lot of artwork in it? How about useful information, maps? Do they leave important information out of the guide?

I was reading some reviews on amazon and they didn't sound very good...

Should I buy 4 level 50 Skells for the final story mission or is it doable with level 30?

apparently it's doable with level 30 if you're careful enough, at least from what a dude was saying. Apparently you don't wanna buy level 50 since level 60 exist.

Btw I saw you post that you were making like 100k+ in revenue from probes. Anyway I can convince you to post your set-up of probes?

Dawg

I installed for 1,5 hours (download version) :|

in-office-angry-gif.gif

wrowa

Chapter 12 question (not story-related)...

You can't repair your Skell once it broke, can you? So, I pretty much need to restart the entire mission when my Skell broke during one of the fights? -_-

Jisgsaw

Somewhat dumb question: the sightseeing spot listed on the map, are they to be found in the hex of the probe, of could they be on some adjacent hexes?

NeonZ

What the fuck are some of you doing that you this high ass income from probes. Like where are you fucking finding research probes I haven't gotten a single one. And saying "do missions" doesn't help as I've been doing them and still haven't received shit.

Probes can be mission rewards (but in that case you'll see the reward from the start), but most of them are gotten from the mechanical relics spread around the world.

Basically, the game feels like work.

Having to set up millions of probes ...

most quests are fetch quests ( go get 5 rabbit tails ...)

Good content is locked behind grinding ( affection points ....)

Most missions don't give basic directions to where you must find the multiple (sigh...) items you require. It's like "go find 5 tails in Noctilum" which is the size of a whole continent ... well fuck you game !

Edit : I forgot to mention that text size that destroys my eyes !

Exploring the world and setting up Probes is generally supposed to be enjoyable though. Yes, if you don't like that then you probably won't like the game. The minor quests can be triggered in large simultaneous numbers for a reason - the game most of the time isn't expecting you to go after them one by one around the entire continent, just handle them if you stumble upon them. There are more developed quests, even outside of Affinity quests, that generally give better direction and have cutscenes of their own, just no full VA work.

Has anyone tried to play the physical game with the data packs installed only to a USB thumbdrive (at least one with decent read/write speeds)? That's pretty much what I want to do but I don't want buy an external HDD to do the same.

I figured this is probably the best place ask about this.

Pumpkins

Just ordered my copy.

I loved Xenoblade Chronicles (I played it for the first time on the N3DS). One of my favorite RPGs in quite some time... Like I couldn't put the darn game down.

Excited to see Xenoblade in HD.

Have fans of the original been liking this game so far?

Iceternal

Well you do join BLADE to do a job. They clearly let players know that the bulk of their time is sorting probes, killing indegens and the survival of humankind.

Many of the tedious fetch quests can be done ahead of time just by exploring and collecting. Sure there are a few things that are trickier but the gem rewards you for spending time exploring.

The Affinity stuff could be handled better. I was more annoyed about having to find a certain percentage of the world than gaining affinity.

Sometimes the game feels like Dark Souls where it fully expects you to look outside the game to find things out. They could do a much better job in this regard.

But I already have a full time job, I don't need another one !

Apparently I'm collecting 99 red lobsters now.

FUCK . THAT. SHIT !!!!

This is the game everybody's been praising ? Seriously ?

epmode

What is the max level for field skills, anyway? I just saw someone mention Mechanical 5 but your BLADE level can only go up to 10. Considering that you get one skill point per level, doesn't that mean you have to pick and choose which field skills you max out?

Voliko

But I already have a full time job, I don't need another one !

FUCK . THAT. SHIT !!!!

This is the game everybody's been praising ? Seriously ?
Well, the first game was the same way. I don't fully disagree but the same could be said of many RPGs and especially MMOs. Some people love it, some people hate it and feel it's a chore. I can only stomach a game of this style once every couple years.

What is the max level for field skills, anyway? I just saw someone mention Mechanical 5 but your BLADE level can only go up to 10. Considering that you get one skill point per level, doesn't that mean you have to pick and choose which field skills you max out?

you get level 5 with separate quests, not with BLADE level

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I spent 50 € on it so I can't dismiss it that easily you know.

I take it the game is perfect to you ?

I don't understand what your expectations were for this game to begin with. This game is a slow burn, its an exploration game where you are not rushing to complete each objective. It's a game where you get multiple objectives all at once, and then you go do your "own thing" and complete them as you do "something else".

R.D.Blax

The reward for the Lobster Collecting are some super rare swimsuit, you bet it would be hard to do ! You want your fan service ? You better work hard to get it

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
But the whole game is designed like this. Even if it's not 99 items, you still have to fetch like 5 or 10 items. It's just a chore.

Damn, XC on Wii was so great. I wasn't expecting this.

I'm only in Chapter 5. Literally every affinity/story mission that has you collecting stuff is EASY to find, and the enemy drops are purchasable.

Everything else is optional. There are some missions that have you collecting shit, I understand, I don't enjoy those either. I accept the quest and if I find your shit, then I do, if I don't - its inconsequential to me.

The "story" of this game is EXPLORE the planet. You aren't supposed to be rushing mission to mission. I mean, you can if you want. I agree with you, the structure is different from XBC and so is the story delivery. But this game emphasis that it wants you to explore this planet and engage with the people/species on the planet.

I don't think the game locks Story missions in an annoying way. The objectives are things you were going to do anyway (pick up blue orbs, plant a probe here, kill a monster, etc).

Third-Drifter

Neo Member
Most of the quests are optional. I don't see the issue that some players have with the quests. So what else are you going to to be doing in an RPG? No, of course the game isn't perfect, and it doesn't have to be.

On a another note I just finished Ch.5 and....man that was a twist. Can't wait to complete the Skell license.

Qurupeke

apparently it's doable with level 30 if you're careful enough, at least from what a dude was saying. Apparently you don't wanna buy level 50 since level 60 exist.

Btw I saw you post that you were making like 100k+ in revenue from probes. Anyway I can convince you to post your set-up of probes?

Sure thing.

Basically look at Oblivia, the rest are some areas with a lot of Sighseeing spots and/or A grade revenue. I'm missing like half the map of Cauldros and Sylphaum is mostly unexploited. Also, the difference is the numbers is because I found a better spot while taking the pictures and I changed some probes to generate almost 1K more. lol

Chapter 12 question (not story-related)...

You can't repair your Skell once it broke, can you? So, I pretty much need to restart the entire mission when my Skell broke during one of the fights? -_-
Yep. I saved right before entering that point though once I got the no turning back prompt. And yeah it's really fucking annoying

TheJoRu

L has become somewhat of a regular in my party. It's not that he really fits perfectly in terms of combat abilities (though he does his job), but his battle quotes are hilarious. "Right in the kisser!"

Zafir

Most of the quests are optional. I don't see the issue that some players have with the quests. So what else are you going to to be doing in an RPG? No, of course the game isn't perfect, and it doesn't have to be.

On a another note I just finished Ch.5 and....man that was a twist. Can't wait to complete the Skell license.

Well, to be fair, Xenoblade had a story which played a much larger part on the game.

The fact of the matter with X is, you need to like exploring/doing side content or you're not going to like it much.

I'm surprised I ended up liking it really, I expected dropping it like every other open world game that's forced me to do side content recently. Probably because the exploration can be fairly fun in this(outside of the random high levels one shotting you :<)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom