• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy [Mafia] |OT| Living in a Materia World, and I am a Materia Girl

UltraJay

Uh... guys? Er, um... dolls? I feel something is going to happen soon. Perhaps we should get up. I know it is only our first day of life in this form and we don't know much, but I still have this feeling and we should be ready for it.

I'm not gonna do any kupos because my avatar is Mog who is a badass.

A soft light filtered through the crystalline colosseum.

"I suppose we should get started, shouldn't we?" said Lulu, finally breaking a silence that felt like it lasted for days.

She snapped her fingers, and a glass of wine materialized in her hand.

"I hope you find those dastardly Warriors of Chaos. I hope you hurt them. Before darkness falls I shall execute the one among you that you deem to be the least pure-of-heart, so choose carefully. But don't forget to have fun, you all!"

She snapped her fingers again, and an imposingly large onyx throne rose from the ground behind her. She lounged in it lazily, and sipped her wine.

"Well, what are you waiting for? I wish you good luck, little boys and girls. You're going to need it."

Day 1 begins.

You and me buddy, let's take over the world.

wait_wha.gif

Eh, probably nothing. Anyway...

VOTE: Blargonaut

I know what your reputation, and I'm just gonna tell you I ain't about that life, fam.

Sorian

Banned
Welcome to Final Fantasy mafia everyone! (this is pre-typed, I have a work meeting a half hour before time starts that could last anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour so hopefully this gets posted on time, I'm just going to post it when I get back and confirm day start.)

Most of the people on the list aren't new and past that most have played with me before so this is nothing new to a lot of you but we do have the one new face and some others that I don't think would hurt from this advice.

IT IS DAY 1. YOU DO NOT NEED TO CLAIM JUST BECAUSE THERE IS ONE VOTE ON YOU. Votes on day 1 are going to fly around for what seems like no reason, you don't need to spill all of your secrets when you have a little bandwagon of three people, you are not in danger of dying until we are much closer to the deadline. These are 72 hour day phases, you don't need to claim to try and save yourself until that last day (don't claim in the last five minutes either, if you think you are going to die, you'll know it like an hour out, give people time to digest and figure things out).

With that out of the way, time for my RNG vote. Today we got lucky number 13:

VOTE: Hyperactivity

Welcome to Final Fantasy mafia everyone! (this is pre-typed, I have a work meeting a half hour before time starts that could last anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour so hopefully this gets posted on time, I'm just going to post it when I get back and confirm day start.)

Most of the people on the list aren't new and past that most have played with me before so this is nothing new to a lot of you but we do have the one new face and some others that I don't think would hurt from this advice.

IT IS DAY 1. YOU DO NOT NEED TO CLAIM JUST BECAUSE THERE IS ONE VOTE ON YOU. Votes on day 1 are going to fly around for what seems like no reason, you don't need to spill all of your secrets when you have a little bandwagon of three people, you are not in danger of dying until we are much closer to the deadline. These are 72 hour day phases, you don't need to claim to try and save yourself until that last day (don't claim in the last five minutes either, if you think you are going to die, you'll know it like an hour out, give people time to digest and figure things out).

BWAHAHAHA

VOTE: Sorian

Only one way we could've coordinated that so well

Sorian

Banned
judging by the role text, i doubt the neutrals are anything to worry about.

tumblr_m6z5y14iPN1qbn69no1_500.png

Agreed, they are most likely dangerous and can leave the game early or something benign like a survivor or lyncher.

Uh... if that isn't genuine you know we have the most fickle of mistresses overseeing this right?

Well, I don't see our goddess smiting me so smells like bullshit.

BWAHAHAHA

VOTE: Sorian

Only one way we could've coordinated that so well

Oh, how is that? If we're teammates, you seem to be starting the bussing early. Good work distancing yourself or something then.

Vote: Sorian

How come?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
So... How's it going ya'll?

I think I'm going to forgo my usual opening day vote, you know, spice things up a bit.

TL21xx

Banned
Hey guys, I'm in line for Star Wars with friends and will likely be distracted today, so apologies in advance for my absence for the next 24 hours or so. I'll be keeping tabs on the thread throughout the day though.

Darryl

Banned
How come?
I'm trying to understand this:

So, the motive behind this vote is either:

1. You want to generate discussion.
2. You have a reason to believe Hyperactivity is a warrior of chaos.
3. You're a warrior of chaos.

It's obviously not point 1, since you are vocally aware that one vote is meaningless in the grand scheme of things (even raising this point yourself).

IT IS DAY 1. YOU DO NOT NEED TO CLAIM JUST BECAUSE THERE IS ONE VOTE ON YOU. Votes on day 1 are going to fly around for what seems like no reason, you don't need to spill all of your secrets when you have a little bandwagon of three people, you are not in danger of dying until we are much closer to the deadline.

If it is point 2, you haven't brought up any reasoning for this alongside your vote.

I think it is point 3, you're a scummy warrior of chaos.

It's obviously not point 1, since you are vocally aware that one vote is meaningless in the grand scheme of things (even raising this point yourself).

If it is point 2, you haven't brought up any reasoning for this alongside your vote.

He literally said he RNG'ed the vote on Hyper

Sorian

Banned

Well, it's pretty easy. About an hour before every single game I've ever played in, I type random.org into my browser. Over in the top right corner there is a box labeled "True Random Number Generator" and then a min and max box. I leave the min box as 1 (this step is very important) and then I change the max box to the number of players in the game. I forget these things easily so I usually double check a few times with the OP but it looks like it was 17 this time so I put a 17 in the max box. I then clicked "Generate" and the result given was 13. Again I cross reference this to the OP, and I saw that 13 was Hyperactivity. Then I use some highlight tags and make a vote in my opening post. If you wanted to be like me, all you had to do was ask.

Now that the snark is out of the way. Of course the vote breeds discussion. I put in a whole disclaimer BECAUSE I know that one vote can get people all bothered and start spilling secrets. I want to see the reactions but I don't want someone to claim stupidly (hey there Darryl).

Darryl

Banned
He literally said he RNG'ed the vote on Hyper

You literally need to stop arguing on behalf of other people. You also need to read the posts fully if you're trying to understand these arguments. If you're town and Sorian is scum, you're just giving him an easy out. I hope you realize that. Your defense of him doesn't even have an impact on my argument against Sorian. I do not care who Sorian voted for. He could have voted for you or me. I'm questioning his conflicting motives.

You literally need to stop arguing on behalf of other people. You also need to read the posts fully if you're trying to understand these arguments. If you're town and Sorian is scum, you're just giving him an easy out. I hope you realize that. Your defense of him doesn't even have an impact on my argument against Sorian. I do not care who Sorian voted for. He could have voted for you or me. I'm questioning his conflicting motives.
Apologies
I was interpreting your post as questioning the vote on Hyper specifically, not the vote itself
I don't like the random vote either

Sorian

Banned

This is truth too Xam, you shouldn't be going to bat for anyone on day 1. Unless you are scum, you know nothing about anyone's motivations.

Just to be clear:
I was commenting on the target of his vote(which is what I thought Darryl was talking about), not the vote itself

FFS, Darryl, Sorian said it was RNG right in the post he made the vote in...

Darryl

Banned
Well, it's pretty easy. About an hour before every single game I've ever played in, I type random.org into my browser. Over in the top right corner there is a box labeled "True Random Number Generator" and then a min and max box. I leave the min box as 1 (this step is very important) and then I change the max box to the number of players in the game. I forget these things easily so I usually double check a few times with the OP but it looks like it was 17 this time so I put a 17 in the max box. I then clicked "Generate" and the result given was 13. Again I cross reference this to the OP, and I saw that 13 was Hyperactivity. Then I use some highlight tags and make a vote in my opening post. If you wanted to be like me, all you had to do was ask.

Now that the snark is out of the way. Of course the vote breeds discussion. I put in a whole disclaimer BECAUSE I know that one vote can get people all bothered and start spilling secrets. I want to see the reactions but I don't want someone to claim stupidly (hey there Darryl).

I don't care what inane methods you use for your sacred random voting technique. That's blatant deflecting, as I never cared why specifically you voted for Hyperactivity. I'm questioning why you're trying to preface your "pressure" votes with advice that actually deflates the pressure and makes the whole process arbitrary. That opening post appears very much like someone trying to look town. Giving arbitrary towny advice and a meaningless vote gesture meant to advance the game, which simultaneously conflict in purpose. You either want to pressure people or you don't. Right now, you are inbetween. Why are you inbetween?

Sorian

Banned
I don't care what inane methods you use for your sacred random voting technique. That's blatant deflecting, as I never cared why specifically you voted for Hyperactivity. I'm questioning why you're trying to preface your "pressure" votes with advice that actually deflates the pressure and makes the whole process arbitrary. That opening post appears very much like someone trying to look town. Giving arbitrary towny advice and a meaningless vote gesture meant to advance the game, which simultaneously conflict in purpose. You either want to pressure people or you don't. Right now, you are inbetween. Why are you inbetween?

I already answered your question Darryl, learn to read the entire post you quoted instead of trying to further whatever agenda you have right now. It looks bad on you.

Also, this isn't your first stroll in the park, you know I do this at the beginning of every single game I've ever played in, you're trying to come off aggressive but it looks tryhard instead.

Also, again, I don't need people coming to bat for me, unless you are scum, you have no clue what my alignment is.

I don't consider what I did "going to bat for you." I just thought that Darryl should read the entire post before going in on someone like that.

Sorian

Banned
I don't consider what I did "going to bat for you." I just thought that Darryl should read the entire post before going in on someone like that.

Let him shout at the wind, this is a court of public opinion, and it's easy to see that Darryl is trying to write some story here.

Darryl

Banned
I already answered your question Darryl, learn to read the entire post you quoted instead of trying to further whatever agenda you have right now. It looks bad on you.

Also, this isn't your first stroll in the park, you know I do this at the beginning of every single game I've ever played in, you're trying to come off aggressive but it looks tryhard instead.

Is trying hard bad behavior? I should just casually breeze-by with quips and personality insults. That's how we play mafia.

Your response doesn't answer any of my concerns, either. It only elevates them as it is more middling, meaningless text. You want pressure in the game but you're so scared of it.

Swamped

Banned
Let him shout at the wind, this is a court of public opinion, and it's easy to see that Darryl is trying to write some story here.

Hold on, hold on. Is it really 'easy' to see that Darryl is pushing a narrative? I actually didn't see it that way at all. To me it looked like Darryl was dissecting a post you made, that pre-made post. This is literally how one is supposed to play this game.

Honestly, it seems like you very quickly want to establish that Darryl is playing in a certain way. I do think Darryl may be nit-picking, but right now I'm more concerned about how you reacted.

I'm a bit worried that this D1 will turn into a Sorian vs Darryl show, which would be very unfortunate if they are both Warriors of Cosmos. But I guess I need to wait for more players to show up.

Sorian

Banned
Is trying hard bad behavior? I should just casually breeze-by with quips and personality insults. That's how we play mafia.

Your response doesn't answer any of my concerns, either. It only elevates them as it is more middling, meaningless text. You want pressure in the game but you're so scared of it.

You're trying to craft a story that isn't there. When you are chasing ghosts, of course it is bad behavior. I just don't know if you actually believe your own bullshit or if you legitimately think you've found something. Barring that fact that this is how I've always played regardless of alignment, you're still stretching for an argument here.

I do want pressure in the game that doesn't mean I want PRs to out themselves on day 1. Those are two separate things but pressure can cause what I was warning against. I pressure looking for general reactions. It doesn't necessarily need to come from who I voted on. For example, I voted Hyper and while his response has been meaningless so far, you've been sitting here acting the fool.

Sorian

Banned
Hold on, hold on. Is it really 'easy' to see that Darryl is pushing a narrative? I actually didn't see it that way at all. To me it looked like Darryl was dissecting a post you made, that pre-made post. This is literally how one is supposed to play this game.

Yes it is, he's trying to fill in blanks with his assumptions. I'm not saying whether it is malicious or not but that is exactly what he is doing.

nin1000

Banned
Hey guys, I am currently sick but I am feeling strong enough to post.

Hyperactivity is giving me huge scum tells

Vote:Hyperactivity

nin1000

Banned
Also, again, I don't need people coming to bat for me, unless you are scum, you have no clue what my alignment is.
Exactly, at this point in the game everyone is guessing so please back the fuck off from Sorian. Non red for that whole negativity against players.

nin1000

Banned
Yes it is, he's trying to fill in blanks with his assumptions. I'm not saying whether it is malicious or not but that is exactly what he is doing.

You should relax aswell Sorian, most of the times other players just want to see you react. They know exactly what to say in order for you to post and post and post. Don't let it get to you and relax a bit mate. We are on day one! No need for all of this.

Top Bottom