• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I started watching Hunter x Hunter (2011) off of some recommendations I'd read, and I stopped to go back and reread the manga (stopped during Greed Island, which is when I stopped reading Manga in general), but... holy shit, some of this art is ROUGH AS HELL.

A lot of it is, really. So much cool shit going down during Chimera Ants, and like half of it is covered up by the super super sketchbook nature of the art. Like, what.

Dresden

holy crap its dresden

back just in time to sign up for the manga backlog club

this sounds ominous but maybe it's time to go through sangokushi.

So, I started watching Hunter x Hunter (2011) off of some recommendations I'd read, and I stopped to go back and reread the manga (stopped during Greed Island, which is when I stopped reading Manga in general), but... holy shit, some of this art is ROUGH AS HELL.

A lot of it is, really. So much cool shit going down during Chimera Ants, and like half of it is covered up by the super super sketchbook nature of the art. Like, what.

really needed to just hire an artist.

this sounds ominous but maybe it's time to go through sangokushi.

Not ominous!

MANGA NEW YEARS BACKLOG CLUB

Hi. I know that we all have shit on our backlogs that we want to get to, but can't. So what better way to get over that hump then PEER PRESSURE?? Basically, you give me a list (lets say up to three series) of backlogged manga that you want to get to, and once everyone has turned it in then I will post the full list so that everyone knows you should be reading what you actually opted to read for. This has no real obligations, its not a bet, just a way to encourage people to read backlogged stuff.

RULES - There aren't really any rules. You could put One Piece, Hajime no Ippo and Bleach on this. That would probably be crazy but if you think you can do that go for it. Just PM me your list and I'll compile it. You can also post it in here and I will see it. If I miss your list, PM me or message me on Twitter. You can opt in for both unfinished and finished series AND series you have dropped in the past or want to continue.

I guess I did finally watch votoms this year, I'll do this. Dunno what I'll actually read though, maybe punpun.

I'm going to close it on New Years Day but if you or others need time to think I can extend.

Edit: Lets not say close it, since if people want to opt in during the year I can count that. I'll just consider it started on New Years.

Erigu

Are you actually reading the books, or just scans on the internet?

A Method to Make the World Gentle 1-19

I don't know why, but sometimes I just go and binge on some sappy romance manga while listening to some sappy music. This has some pretty typical romance scenarios involved; it's not bad, but definitely nothing special, yet somehow it still pulls at my heart reading through this. Almost makes me sad watching these characters go through their situations. I'll probably read till the end tonight. Why do I do this to myself lol.

upandaway

A Method to Make the World Gentle 1-19

I don't know why, but sometimes I just go and binge on some sappy romance manga while listening to some sappy music. This has some pretty typical romance scenarios involved; it's not bad, but definitely nothing special, yet somehow it still pulls at my heart reading through this. Almost makes me sad watching these characters go through their situations. I'll probably read till the end tonight. Why do I do this to myself lol.
Did they finish translating it finally? If so I need to get back to this

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Somali and the Forest Spirit Ch.1

The strange tale of an abandoned little girl with her newfound Golem guardian as they tranverse in a bizarre landscape to find human beings.
Dem artwork. Will give this one a shot.

Batou Girl

Seems like mangaf's kinda girl.

Totally!

monster girl recchan:

it was ok. I should get back to finishing punpun.
Woah, Dresden return!

bobohoro

Keijo 70

This team battle is better than I anticipated. Not only because of the pleasure shots, mind you.
But there is a pretty good balance between focused single battles and the dynamics of the team battles, always switching between close-ups and scenario overview while still giving each participant enough space to shine.
Well done battle up until now.

upandaway

My Hero Academia

7IDtop8.png

She even sleeps naked? How can you be so lewd

Keijo 70

This team battle is better than I anticipated. Not only because of the pleasure shots, mind you.
But there is a pretty good balance between focused single battles and the dynamics of the team battles, always switching between close-ups and scenario overview while still giving each participant enough space to shine.
Well done battle up until now.
Kusakai's literally throwing them at each other to stop them from attacking teammates, haha

There's one chapter left.
Oh thanks, good to know

Revo

Dear Only You Don't Know 72

if we're getting a chapter about supplies pre arc then they're definitely going missing during the arc

Zweizer

Banned
Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch63

Go, go, Kei-chan!

I seriously hope it won't end up in yet another "Junk saves the day" resolution.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 163

Yeah, that's exactly what That Guy Nobody Liked needed. A clone. The only upside of this development is the eventual satisfaction of seeing him get killed again.

Berserk Reread 306

Skull Knight man you destroyed the vile of dimensions... now all worlds are joined lol
you had one job mate
still a spectacular moment.... the pokemon are now unleashed

Bizarro world Fantasia

Akito

Akira v1
For godknowswhat reason I've never seen Akira so aside from some very basic plot points this is all new to me, and based on my first impression alone I can totally see why the film was such a cult classic. The cyber punk setting doesn't stand out very much but it feels very flesh out the way Otomo took his time to introduce it to the readers. On the other hand he didn't waste any time with the characters so they got thrown into the action from the first page on. Kaneda is the kind of capable and charismatic lead who does not always play by the rules that every action story'd love to have, and so is the conflict between him and Tetsuo not at all a surprise. I'm really looking forward to see where things will go from here.

More Berserk thoughts.... (306-307)

Oh my god I still love this.... Insanity, fantasy and awe all in one

A world building maniac like myself just can't handle shit like this.... This is what sets series apart from others
Real Series have amazing imagination and design

everything is art

I mean look at that Palace that is a Mother***** PALACE

More Berserk thoughts.... (306-307)

Oh my god I still love this.... Insanity, fantasy and awe all in one

I world building maniac like myself just can't handle shit like this.... This is what sets series apart from others
Real Series have amazing imagination and design

everything is art

I mean look at that Palace that is a Mother***** PALACE

Preach it!

bZYK4qd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom