• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

OPM 105 (ONE)

Would think she would be real mad at Saitama to go back to her old habits.
Everyone realizes his power sooner or later lol.

Michiwarikusa Monogatari -Vampire After the Doomsday- 1
58pbn4T.jpg
Yuri vampires in a pleasant post-apocalyptic setting. Seems pretty slice-of-life and cutesy so far, not sure if it'll stay that way or if it'll address the whole end of humanity thing. Either way, backlogged for now.

dramatis

Forgot to say this yesterday, but happy new years, Manga-gaf.

May Berserk continue through the whole year and may Hunter x Hunter return from hiatus

lol

Revo

ReLife 111

so suddenly mentioned, but not unexpected

Wait what ? there was some hints about it before this chapter ? I didn't see it coming at all.

if you think long term of how the story will end/go it's mostly obvious that she would probably have to eventually have some kind of connection to the relife program if there is to be a happy ending (unless they go the whole age difference thing or perma high schooler)

somedevil

Well ONE is not doing well right now. From his twitter:

From the end of last year, my health had been a little bad. Starting this morning my condition turned a lot worse. Although I had been put on an IV drip at the emergency room, after that I had a 39 degree Celsius fever. I feel like dying..."

Hopefully he gets better. Sounds like he got the Flu.

Jaxec

Wait what ? there was some hints about it before this chapter ? I didn't see it coming at all.

I've had my suspicions about Hishiro being somehow involved in ReLife for awhile. I thought that she was either a subject or someone involved with a subject. In chapter 71 she talks about that student (not sure if it's the same girl from the flashback in chapter 41) who transferred after the constant bullying she received. Hishiro also mentioned she couldn't remember that student's face. I think this girl was probably the first subject, which would explain why Yoake has been a student at this school since before. It also led me to believe that after a subject's ReLife has ended their existence is still remains, but their identity is forgotten (if that makes any sense). Well we'll hopefully find out next chapter.

Akito

Akira v2
Holy hell, rather than slowing down the story even turned it up a notch and everything is like super fucked after merely 2 volumes.

Akira v3
Did I say the last time that things were super fucked? I take everything back, compared to the current situation that was like the most perfect paradise, dat world ending destruction. Hopefully the pacing will calm down a bit now, everything have been happening do rapidly many events seemed like they happened just because.

Fruits Basket Another 4.5-6

nice we established how far this takes after the main series
and nice it's pretty much seems to be an inverse version of the main series where instead of Tohru saving everyone, the female lead gets saved by all the guys
I'm liking the little nods to the main series, hopefully they just tell us everything about what has happened since the ending

Akira v2
Holy hell, rather than slowing down the story even turned it up a notch and everything is like super fucked after merely 2 volumes.

Akira v3
Did I say the last time that things were super fucked? I take everything back, compared to the current situation that was like the most perfect paradise, dat world ending destruction. Hopefully the pacing will calm down a bit now, everything have been happening do rapidly many events seemed like they happened just because.
2nd half of Akira is very much a different beast, and things will slow down for a while. But then it picks up and shit gets nuts all over again.

Very cool to see you enjoying the manga. Makes me wanna reread it myself.

Zweizer

Banned
Michiwarikusa Monogatari – Vampire After the Doomsday ch2

Hmm, it's one of these cases where keeping the past events vague helps shape the setting nad its atmosphere better.

I cant even do a 10 best manga of 2015, I only finished like 15 :(

1. Shonen to Yoru no Mahou (BL, one shot)
2. Hi-Fi Cluster
3. J no Subete (BL)
4. Koi to Kaerou (BL)
5. Genji the Death's Friend
6. Ikenai Mousou Fudanshi (yaoi, best)
7. Gakkyu Hotei
8. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal
9. Tokku Hakkenshi [code:t-8] (best)
10. Seto no Omise no Okyakusama (BL, one shot)
11. Naruto Side Story: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring
12. Kazuki Makes Love Happen?! at ALL-BOYS High School
13. Beyond Evil
14. Umibe no Etranger (BL) [best]

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Franken Fran is really fun, although you can tell he ran out of ideas at the end there.

I wish the older sister was introduced earlier. She was hilarious.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Minna Esper Dayo 12
Damn, dude goes from gentleman to a scumbag in a split second

Yae no Sakura end

Not bad. I enjoy the bittersweet ending. This is the romanticize version of historical figure Niijima Yae, whose famous exploit include being a gunner during battle of Aizu, a volunteer nurse, and a teacher.
This manga only cover the period from her childhood till the end of Boshin war, and stop shortly before she married Joseph Hardy Neesima and her subsequent role as a member of Japanese red cross.

Danganronpa 1&2 Comic Anthology - DR1 side
There are some things in life that are worth dying for
ISN'T THAT RIGHT DAKKU?

Comedy anthology based on the first 2 Danganronpa games. I've already read a fair bit of DR1 stuff, so I'm mainly in this for the (collectively superior) DR2 cast. Who're coming up next, right after this commercial break.

edit: DR2 side

Love is over. I'd trade one of my unimportant limbs/organs for a multiplayer gaming session with Chiaki. She needed more stories in this, though really it would've needed to be at least 2x the size to give all the best characters a chance to shine. More please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom