• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Takane no Hana nara Ochitekoi!! ch3

CTdpQLV.png

Such destructive power.

Dude is just no match for her, lol.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Helck 1-20
A muscular hero participate in a tournament to decide who become the next demon king.
At first it was a comedy about how Helck avoiding all the trap prepared by the tournament committee in an attempt to sabotage him and one of the 4 heavenly king questioning his motive on why he entering the tournament for demon king.
Halfway through, the story start to delve into Helck motivation and the conspiracy that happen in human world.

It's quite enjoyable as far as shonen adventure goes.

Takane no Hana nara Ochitekoi!! 3
Oh my, i think Kurokawa just awaken something inside that poor girl.

Bannou Kanteishi Q no Jikenbo 1

q8PccxL.jpg

LN → manga adaptation about a ludicrously intelligent appraiser and a (comparatively) incompetent magazine reporter. It's a mystery series where the focus is on counterfeiting / fraud and the like, rather than more violent scenarios like murder. Followed for the strong female lead and the promise of intrigue.

Shengar

Why would you stop, Franken Fran is top class body horror/black comedy.
I had to eat that's why.
It's not affecting my appetite. Well, except the caterpillar girl chapter.
I couldn't get it out of my head. Curse the author's bait and switch, no wonder he said it got the most reaction in the afterwords.
Great manga when I reread it. I didn't like it much the first time around, though that was most likely because it was my first manga I've ever read.
I don't know how you ended up reading Franken Fran for your first manga. It must be very hard.
It's great.
We need more dark humor manga.
Dark humor is pretty hard to execute though. Franken Fran works really well not only due to the art but the timing of the humor itself.

Zweizer

Banned
Car Graffiti JK 1-5
Cute girls, doing cute things: Car Edition.

That's all I need to know.

Car Graffiti JK ch1-5 by Sakishima Enoki

In a Japan whose legal age for driving has been lowered to 16, a (not-so) secret car buff and her friend joins a car club as they enter high school, and thus begins their club activities of sharing the wonders of cars! Lots of bonding inside as well, which makes it pretty enjoyable to read.

Yeah that's not much. It's just the wait for them to be out in France that'll be long since it's only 3 volumes/year.

Just for your curiosity's sake, here are the most printed manga volumes in France last year

France is not current on naruto? Also one of the few places where one piece sells more than Naruto :(

I see owari no serafu!

Also that kings game origin (great) and Darwins Game love.

Kurita

France is not current on naruto? Also one of the few places where one piece sells more than Naruto :(

I see owari no serafu!

Also that kings game origin (great) and Darwins Game love.

3 or 4 volumes between Japan and France is normal for the long-running shonen series.
One Piece is like that, and so are Fairy Tail and Bleach. I don't know how it is in the US but they just don't want to catch up too quickly, that way an hypothetical erractic release schedule in Japan doesn't impact them too much.

Kurita

Huh, had no idea Pokemon sold that well. I really should catch up on it.

I think nobody really expected it to have good sales cause the people who wanted to see pre-XY arcs in France just seemed like a niche. That's also why Kurokawa decided to publish the older arcs as massive 3 in 1 (or whatever) instead of individual volumes.

Aoharu Cynical 1
Love the character design for this rather traditional bully gets saved via classmate who secretly has feelings for him and accidentally confesses. Though it seems to offer a change for the genre by having the bullied exhibit feelings of power and authority over his savior. I think its interesting thus far because of this. Thus far it seems a bit controlled and minor but I wonder if it will grow to be something a bit more. Will Takemi really give in to what Yasumori wants or will he continue to keep their relationship equivalent and non servant master based? I can't wait.

School settings are so interesting.

3 or 4 volumes between Japan and France is normal for the long-running shonen series.
One Piece is like that, and so are Fairy Tail and Bleach. I don't know how it is in the US but they just don't want to catch up too quickly, that way an hypothetical erractic release schedule in Japan doesn't impact them too much.

Fairy Tail's basically all caught up right in the NA, we're like 3 months behind in releases
One Piece is like 10 months behind
Bleach is like 14 months behind (cause no one carez wwww)

but this is only after recent massive catch up attempts where they would either be releasing two or more volumes at a time or a new volume every month in order to try and catch up and combat the dreaded scanlations

I imagine they'll probably stick with this delay so they'll at least be new volumes coming out in a timely matter and not be stuck with well we got nothing else to release yet

and with most of the big shounen stuff having official online releases now, it's not exactly like we're not getting anything for some time

Kurita

Fairy Tail's basically all caught up right in the NA, we're like 3 months behind in releases
One Piece is like 10 months behind
Bleach is like 14 months behind (cause no one carez wwww)

but this is only after recent massive catch up attempts where they would either be releasing two or more volumes at a time or a new volume every month in order to try and catch up and combat the dreaded scanlations

I imagine they'll probably stick with this delay so they'll at least be new volumes coming out in a timely matter and not be stuck with well we got nothing else to release yet

and with most of the big shounen stuff having official online releases now, it's not exactly like we're not getting anything for some time
I see, thanks for the info
We still don't have that online Shonen Jump in (mainland) Europe so heh
3 One Piece volumes/year is a bit tough but I guess I can focus on other series this way...

I see, thanks for the info
We still don't have that online Shonen Jump in (mainland) Europe so heh
3 One Piece volumes/year is a bit tough but I guess I can focus on other series this way...

I'm pretty ok if they take their time in releasing stuff tbt

Kado is releasing a Noragami volume every month right now and I'm just behind in trying to catch up with everything else coming out at the same time

Bamford Koushakuke no Shitsuji 1 - 6 [END]
tumblr_o0ejaz3Yd21qbxqfpo1_540.png

Im usually not one for the servants type of story or the setting but I decided to check it out to see if I could become a fan. Unfortunately, I still find the setting of a mansion and butlers to be rather unexciting but I did enjoy the art and some of the recreational moments on beds. Monocle wearing Graham was an nice looking character through the process and I found some of his scenes to be the best looking in the story. Plotwise it was nothing remarkable or noteworthy though satisfactorily checking all the boxes on the BL plot checklist.

One of the one shots was pretty good with the twins and I wish we had got to see more of their post circus life. It will always be remembered.

That's all I need to know.

Car Graffiti JK ch1-5 by Sakishima Enoki

In a Japan whose legal age for driving has been lowered to 16, a (not-so) secret car buff and her friend joins a car club as they enter high school, and thus begins their club activities of sharing the wonders of cars! Lots of bonding inside as well, which makes it pretty enjoyable to read.

What I want to know is where a Japanese high school student found a 2cv that nice and had the money to buy it.
Probably parents money though, I guess.

Shengar

Franken Fran
Ultra short impression, I'll write something longer later.
There are massive degrade in quality after volume 4. Maybe even 3. I wished Franken Fran was much shorter manga to keep itself being consistent.

Veronica is the cutest, that where all it matters.
dsTbQUM.jpg

img0000101.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yabuki straight up stole the plot of Birdy and then corrupted it for his own nefarious purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom