• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dagashi Kashi 1-36

Pretty fun SoL manga so far. Its "chapters" are kinda short and episodic though, so I wonder if studio Feel is going to run into the same problems the Umaru anime had.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Takahiro seems to be exceptionally bad at romance.
I mean, he's a bad writer already but all this romance stuff is another level.

mdubs

Banned
I didn't realize that Shueisha published a Perfect Crime Party (one of the series in Bakuman) light novel written by the writer of Haruchika. Hope Viz decides to bring it over, PCP always seemed like a lot of fun

Marche90

I thought that was the artist? Kind of a Shokugeki no Soma thing going on.

Makes sense if it was the writer.

Backwards. Takahiro's, iirc, the main writer of Minato Soft (aka the makers of the Majikoi series of VNs)

On topic...

Akame ga Kill 66

Yeah, didn't really enjoyed the chapter, lol. I'm just waiting to see how it ends.

Jaxec

Akame ga Kill 66

I like Wave, but that seemed to easy. Wasn't it Kurome that killed Chelsea? You'd think Knight Raid would remember that, but I guess she wasn't that important to them.

Fairy Tail 467

I keep having to remind myself that we're in the middle of a war. This is a pretty lousy war arc (or whatever it is). I've felt a greater sense of danger from the "wars" in the Dog Days anime. Also, did Lucy really say that they didn't want to see anyone die, not even their enemies? Wasn't she the same person that not too long ago was about to stab Brandish with a key? Another question, why did that Spriggan girl not finish off Kagura when she could've done so easily instead of stripping her? This is a war, right?

wait no Berserk chapter until the summer

WHAT?..... fufdefbdjgbdffknf I never even read that part until I re-read it right now

T_T

Bloody hell sacrifice another series for Berserk to come back.... toss One Piece into the flames, Toss Bleach, Toss That new Boruto thing

sacrifice everything

WHY oh WHY

Edit:I blame Griffith for all of this.... his Falconia took a ton of effort to draw which made the mangaka likely take a break

Fuck Falconia and Fuck Griffith... pretty boy ass-hole

Guys I need some help here, so I read the original fruit basket in Chinese and am currently reading the spinoff sequel thingy in English and I am not sure if the main characters are the same people.... Anyone can confirm if they are the same? The guys looks very familiar but it maybe the art style..

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Murcielago 37-38
Kuroko don't give a fuck. First she penetrate one of the girl with an umbrella (accidentally, but that still fuck up), proceed to murder her, then force the surviving highschool girl to kill each other.

Guys I need some help here, so I read the original fruit basket in Chinese and am currently reading the spinoff sequel thingy in English and I am not sure if the main characters are the same people.... Anyone can confirm if they are the same? The guys looks very familiar but it maybe the art style..

I think? it is set after the main series

it's not really outright stated but I'm guessing based off they were talking about it, it's a generation afterwards

just that everyone looks the same so it's just confusing~

wait no Berserk chapter until the summer

WHAT?..... fufdefbdjgbdffknf I never even read that part until I re-read it right now

T_T

Bloody hell sacrifice another series for Berserk to come back.... toss One Piece into the flames, Toss Bleach, Toss That new Boruto thing

sacrifice everything

WHY oh WHY

Edit:I blame Griffith for all of this.... his Falconia took a ton of effort to draw which made the mangaka likely take a break

Fuck Falconia and Fuck Griffith... pretty boy ass-hole
I blame Idolm@ster :v

TLRD 63

It's not even teasing or subtle anymore. Does Yabuki just have dirt on the people at Shueisha and that's what prevents this from getting cancelled? I don't understand how this is okay in a shounen series, and I've said that multiple times before.

At this point, I won't be surprised if accidental sleep penetration starts being part of the regular wacky clumsy Rito hijinks.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Cigarette Anthology 2 Natsume Ono
A cigarette maker that hate cigarette but keeps on making them since cigarette become a premium product ever since the government put a heavy tax on it. One day, he get an apprentice. Hoping to retire from being a cigarette maker, he hire her, without knowing her true motive.

I like this chapter a lot. There's something about it that feel...sublime.

Shounen Shoujo 1
0rtYiK1.jpg
ttCAWGE.jpg
So, uh... the MC has a new, incurable disease that'll kill him by age 12. He's pretty hyped because if he's the first person to die from it then it'll be named after him
and he's a nutcase
. But then this other girl shows up who also has the disease, and she's going to die first. So he vows to kill her himself before the disease does.

something something Nisio something something followed

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul :re 59

Ishida needs to calm down with the fucking time skips lol. And with the new additions to the cast, I still barely care for the first quinx squad.

Also wow, Kaneki is a major dick for leaving Hinami like that. This clearly is his way to set up her breakout right ? Right !?

Lost it at the last page, can't believe we're really getting
Kaneki&Furuta combo

Tower of God
This took surprisingly little time, hope it will continue like that and the arc finally ends with Yuri and Baam reunion.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shounen Shoujo 1
NisiOisiN and his love for amoral/cuckoo lander protagonist...
A young boy about to get killed by a relatively new disease, so he want it for the disease to be named after him in case he died. Unfortunately, there's another girl who got the same disease, and chances are she'll die first, which mean the disease will be named after her. There's a glaring plot hole that need to be adressed, since the doctor know that this disease already inflicted someone, so technically, shouldn't the disease be named after the patient before the protagonist? The boy mentioned it, so i assume it's gonna be addressed in the next chapter.

Tokyo Ghoul :re - 59

Kaneki pls visit Hinami

That was so cruel and a sad sight.

Glad to see Urie's thoughts never change about others lol

Saiko has become more comfortable with operations now. Would really like to know what Kaneki's thoughts are. Also, slow down on the time skips!

Tatoe Hai ni Natte mo 1
A Cruel Angel's Thesis.

Gory survival game story where 5 freshly deceased souls are transplanted into the bodies of cute girls, and then pitted against each-other for a chance at revival (plus the money they were willing to risk their lives for). That by itself would usually be enough for me to read it, but as the icing on the cake, the villain is a sadistic, batshit, ZR gothic-lolita angel named Cruel. Who I will almost certainly be cheering for throughout the entire series.

Qurupeke

TGl :re 59

Don't mistreat Hinami. As I said before, Urie is becoming one of my favourites. Noro sword is awesome.

And Arima is confirmed to die from old age with all those timeskips.

Mendrox

Very true, but this chapter was horrendously corny. Like it wasn't this bad since Tatsumi and Mine got together.

It was the worst and I really cannot believe what the fuck happened in this chapter. Akame is dead since the exact point when the anime got its own ending and the manga tried to things differently lol

TLRD 63

It's not even teasing or subtle anymore. Does Yabuki just have dirt on the people at Shueisha and that's what prevents this from getting cancelled? I don't understand how this is okay in a shounen series, and I've said that multiple times before.

At this point, I won't be surprised if accidental sleep penetration starts being part of the regular wacky clumsy Rito hijinks.

Shhh... I will personaly kill you if it gets canceled. Yabuki will save Japan. Also there is never a direct vagina on any girl shown - what you make out of metaphors or reflection is your problem. It is just an awesome way to mix the Ecchi genre a bit up and he is a master artist so he also has fun doing these kind of things.

Anteater

Tokyo Ghoul: re 59

Wonder if Kaneki has other motives on visiting Eto, if he wants to take her out he could've done it with half of the CCG, and it's been half a year where he didn't make any moves on her.

He's partnered up with Furuta who has a relationship with Aogiri, I wonder if Kaneki suspected anything of him.

Poor Hinami, I do wonder what/if Kaneki has plans for her, I'd imagine if he wants to break Hinami out, he would need Aogiri for distraction.

Jintor

do you guys think quality control for american comics is lower or is it just sturgeons law taking effect that, like, no matter how sick the publishing cover or prestigious the publisher or whatever they still let completely unreadable trash in working on fairly major comic characters? I read a Jubilee comic the other day that was iredeemably messy, had horrible panelling, every character looked like absolute ass, Wolverine showed up at the end for no apparent reason etc. I'm looking at my shelf at things that I've bought and even only looking at things that I've bought, i.e. stuff where I liked the characters or storytelling, these Batgirl and Blue Beetle comics are really borderline and Batwoman Elegy only skates through because its individual artwork is amazing (even if the overall panelling is disasterous).

got to be sturgeons, right? got to be.

Scum

klkblush.png
klkblush.png

TLRD 63

It helps that it's a monthly occurrence... plus they're all in on it.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
We're all talking about Yabuki, but what about the author? What if he's the one that personally request all the lewd picture? (Half joke and half serious question, i have no idea if it's all Yabuki or it's the author)

LeleSocho

Banned
Yo just a tip, if you want to re-read Jojo read the officially colored chapter, it makes the whole thing much easier to consume.

Also hello and Happy New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom