• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Tatoe Hai ni natte mo (Though You may Burn to Ash) ch1 by Oniyazu Kakashi

From the author of Banana no Nana.

A survival game manga. I'm unsure of how it'll develop, but at least the first chapter has been enjoyable so far.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Prison School ch. 201

Chairman's a manly man alright.

Tokyo Ghoul:re ch. 59

Adding even more new characters isn't exactly what :re was in need of tbh.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Young Animal leaks show that March Comes In Like a Lion/Sangatsu no Lion is getting an anime by Shaft.
https://twitter.com/studioshaft_fr/status/684357659307409409

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

I'm so happy! I don't follow anime much at all, but I'll definitely watch this

March getting shafted? That's too damn bad.
Wait is this a bad thing.

It can't be as bad as Sousei no Onmyouji, which is getting a Studio Pierrot adaption, right?

Still really bummed about that. ;-;

From the author of Banana no Nana.
lol

Kyuur

Tokyo Ghoul: Re 59

Ishida needs to calm down with the fucking time skips lol. And with the new additions to the cast, I still barely care for the first quinx squad.[/SPOILER]

Adding even more new characters isn't exactly what :re was in need of tbh.

I mean, its necessary? They can't have a full squad without more people -- Haise moved, Shirazu is dead and.. wait, where's Mutsuki!? She wasn't with Suzuya either. Maybe she moved with Kaneki, or has her own Qs squad now?

Back to the point, I always find it extremely jarring when series re-use the same characters over and over again for all sorts of purposes, like there is no one else in that world. In Naruto you get the same cast over and over again for Konoha mission's with the rest of the forces being mostly nameless nobodies. I much prefer having a swath of new named characters, even if we don't get to know them that well.

Kaneki x
Furata
is super interesting. Can't wait to see where this goes. Hinami better make it out. :(

Shengar

do you guys think quality control for american comics is lower or is it just sturgeons law taking effect that, like, no matter how sick the publishing cover or prestigious the publisher or whatever they still let completely unreadable trash in working on fairly major comic characters? I read a Jubilee comic the other day that was iredeemably messy, had horrible panelling, every character looked like absolute ass, Wolverine showed up at the end for no apparent reason etc. I'm looking at my shelf at things that I've bought and even only looking at things that I've bought, i.e. stuff where I liked the characters or storytelling, these Batgirl and Blue Beetle comics are really borderline and Batwoman Elegy only skates through because its individual artwork is amazing (even if the overall panelling is disasterous).

got to be sturgeons, right? got to be.
Shrinking market, different editorial and authorial culture is the result of such poor quality from my brief observation.

Tokyo Ghoul:re 59

Nice to see Urie is still the same as ever. I don't know how I feel about these added characters. I forget the names of a lot of them. I suspect Kaneki wants to keep a little contact as possible with Hinami so no one at CCG would expect him to break her out.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Young Animal leaks show that March Comes In Like a Lion/Sangatsu no Lion is getting an anime by Shaft.
https://twitter.com/studioshaft_fr/status/684357659307409409

Headtilt intensified

Boku Dake ga Inai Michi 1-34

I'm reading the whole thing. That was intense. A story about struggling manga author that can turn back time to reverse an accident. He's involved in an accident that took him back to his 5th grade. Can't wait for the anime adaptation.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I mean, its necessary? They can't have a full squad without more people -- Haise moved, Shirazu is dead and.. wait, where's Mutsuki!? She wasn't with Suzuya either. Maybe she moved with Kaneki, or has her own Qs squad now?

Back to the point, I always find it extremely jarring when series re-use the same characters over and over again for all sorts of purposes, like there is no one else in that world. In Naruto you get the same cast over and over again for Konoha mission's with the rest of the forces being mostly nameless nobodies. I much prefer having a swath of new named characters, even if we don't get to know them that well.

Kaneki x
Furata
is super interesting. Can't wait to see where this goes. Hinami better make it out. :(

It doesn't have to be no new characters ever or a constant stream of new dudes who get little development either. :re's roster is already gigantic (too big, I think, but I can still roll with it) and we got characters who could be used better. Take some time with what's there first, then bring more into the fold, you know?

Headtilt intensified

I'm reading the whole thing. That was intense. A story about struggling manga author that can turn back time to reverse an accident. He's involved in an accident that took him back to his 5th grade. Can't wait for the anime adaptation.

How would you rate the series? Was it a solid read?

I'm probably just going to watch the anime. I just wanted to know the quality of the series.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
How would you rate the series? Was it a solid read?

I'm probably just going to watch the anime. I just wanted to know the quality of the series.

It's a solid series IMO. I'm enjoying what I've read so far.

The mystery is not really that hard, i think reader who used to reading mystery novel/manga could probably guess who's the real killer is before the reveal.

It takes a few chapter before the story properly start, which i assume going to be skipped in the anime version.

One thing that worried me is how the anime adaptation going to handle few scene and protagonist narration.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Like there is literally zero exposition for Wave to drop ALL of his ambitions for Kurome.

Heh, I didn't know that. That still doesn't excuse the terrible writing.
Oh you sweet Summer child.

You might as well argue there was no plausible reason for President Clinton, the Most Powerful Man in the World, to risk everything to fuck a doughy intern.

Oh you sweet Summer child.

You might as well argue there was no plausible reason for President Clinton, the Most Powerful Man in the World, to risk everything to fuck a doughy intern.

He wanted to see "what that mouth do" for the country

Bought more manga to add to my backlog stack. As well as more Naruto anime.
CX_gXEVWcAErMOf.jpg
Naruto anime? Oof. I loved (yeah yeah, I'm crazy) the manga but the anime is a fail.

Btooom! 1-9

Someone that I met talked about the anime and I decided to read the manga first before watching it. Interesting concept with the B.I.M. Anyone who has read it before enjoyed it?

Hinyari Rouka, Mangekyou 1 - 6 [END]

Now this is the better short story collection from the author. She really does school life first date type relationships well which made the second story appear to be her most refined literary piece just yet. The way the date club is formed due to the feeling of one wanting to get with the guy he had a crush on to the first date process to even the things they experience on this date to this planetarium it was fantastic. Then the next story following them in the club and finally confronting their feelings. It was wonderful and will be memorable for the year.

2nd story was a fantastic story confronting yet to be addressed feelings between the two brothers and trying to get the brother to actually look and see who the other brother is. Loved the things they said at the end and would have wanted a bit more.
First story ends up being the weakest one following the typical expected things between student teacher for the field.

Usobuko

Banned

Now its title makes sense.

I used to write this mangaka off because his previous works were subpar. This is quite a leap but it still doesn't stand out from it peers.

Jaxec

Ooh, haven't seen it yet.

So,
Spinster
no more? I'm conflicted.

I felt conflicted at first too, but then I saw the spoilers and rough translation and that was no more. That gif still can't properly express what I'm feeling.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Now its title makes sense.

I used to write this mangaka off because his previous works were subpar. This is quite a leap but it still doesn't stand out from it peers.

Definitely better than his previous manga. I think that's because the character is a lot more likable than his previous manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom