• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

Jitsu wa Watashi wa Spoilers

200w.gif

It happened! He did it!
Wait, but the main couple is already together, what can be more satisfying than that?

*jitsu wa watashi wa 142*

tumblr_inline_nqnz7xsmtW1t8my73_500.gif

Oh wow, it actually went there, I thought this would just remain an implied future development, but no, we get to SEE it! Jitsu wa dabes romcom

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Method to make a gentle world end
Oh man, all that shipping. Glad to see that all cast manage to find their own happiness. It's a coming of age story set in a all girl school. It didn't bring anything new to the table, but the whole thing done really well.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Takemitsu Zamurai vol.1
A story about Souichiro, a wandering ronin who wield bamboo sword. A cheerful, enigmatic samurai that attract his neighbor, Kankichi, a carpenter son. First thing you notice about this manga is the unique art. It blend Japanese traditional painting and modern manga. I could admire the art all day with its use of bold brushing. There's so much care in its arts. from the way character drawn to panelling, its amazing.

Kancolle - Artifact (doujin artbook)
I fought with myself for 10 mins to avoid making the obvious joke here and won. This was almost despairingly short, but the artist's character selection was discerning enough that it's excusable. And, well, basically any Abyssal material is a godsend.

hi, i'm back for my irregular did Chtige win yet? check-in

sp. did chitoge win yet?

thanks you
The manga ended in a draw like 5 weeks ago when
Marika
left, get with the times man. Also hi.

Shouta

AKB49 260

Aphrodite throwing some influence out there lol. It's a lot like what Okabe did for them back early in the manga. =o

Also, dat video. I need the next chapter to see the reactions. D=

Revo

A Method to Make the Gentle World 31 (end)

meh
never really a fan of open ended endings
series was whatever, never really clicked with me

Murcielago 37-38

Yo,Kuroko's been so busy killing only really fucked up villains and doing police work to save little girls and shit that we forgot she's A FUCKING PSYCHOPATHIC MURDERER. I mean shit, these chapters were basically "Oh man, Kuroko gettin' dat pussy, she's so funny and such a bad-ass I wonder what bad-ass thing she'll - oh, she just straight up murdered a high school girl by stomping on her head after penetrating her with an umbrella handle then forced the others to kill each other with baseball bats. I forgot she was a monster." Like, it's not even out of character it's just that for like 40 chapters she's been doing stuff that makes you root for her and laugh and go FUCK YEAH so much that you don't remember the entire basis for her character is that she is SUPER FUCKED.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
lol man, that umbrella handle bit really caught me off guard. Shit went from zero to throwthedamntowel.gif instantly.

Zweizer

Banned
Murcielago 37-38

Yo,Kuroko's been so busy killing only really fucked up villains and doing police work to save little girls and shit that we forgot she's A FUCKING PSYCHOPATHIC MURDERER. I mean shit, these chapters were basically "Oh man, Kuroko gettin' dat pussy, she's so funny and such a bad-ass I wonder what bad-ass thing she'll - oh, she just straight up murdered a high school girl by stomping on her head after penetrating her with an umbrella handle then forced the others to kill each other with baseball bats. I forgot she was a monster." Like, it's not even out of character it's just that for like 40 chapters she's been doing stuff that makes you root for her and laugh and go FUCK YEAH so much that you don't remember the entire basis for her character is that she is SUPER FUCKED.

lol man, that umbrella handle bit really caught me off guard. Shit went from zero to throwthedamntowel.gif instantly.

It does make me wonder of the direction the manga will take afterwards.

Wait, Oda saying 2016 is the year of Sanji is legit? He actually said that? I thought people were joking like a "Year of Luigi" thing.

Oh well, its about time for Sanji redemption.

Ginkaku Hakase to Marmot 1 - 6 [END]

It wasn't bad but it could be a bit better. The sci-fi future setting was interesting but it would have been better if that was the main focus. Instead focusing on the doctors machinations made most of the sci fi stuff not feel important (energy, declining birth rates, Tokyo being rebuilt on an American base, etc). In any case the growing relationship from both assistant and doctor over the stories being the main focus was very interesting and compelling. Picked up really well once the drama was introduced. Kiss farewell scene was my favorite one.

Lain

Keijo 71

I need 72 like, right now, to see Miyata own that lameass.
Also only last chapter I made the connection that those were asses and not hearts on the credits page. I feel slow.

John Blade

Don't know if anyone post this but apparently Tokyopop has 'plans to start publishing manga again in 2016', to quote:

>The company is seeking to license “hidden gems that are not yet noticed” from small or independent publishers.
>In addition, Tokyopop plans to publish art books and collectors editions, and will consider light novels.

Based on what happen, I wonder if anyone will buy stuff from them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom