• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

Otoyomegatari 51.5

Shiiiiiieeeeet, gimme summa dat 'cute' fam
ULtwbjv.jpg

TheFlow

Banned
Last week was such a good week of chapters

One piece- sanji looking goood

Bleah- my favorite Captain back in the spotlight

Toriko- this has surpassed dragonball z levels of fighting

World Trigger- two chapters at once yes!

Black clover- new spells being used to own that creepy lady

Tokyo Ghoul- Finally more clues about the one eyed king

Fairy Tail- Ownage upon ownage and entering the final arc I believe.

Hero Academy- 100 percent power is about to rekt that guy in one hit.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Tsurezure Children 63
The best wingman ever. The truest bro.

Vinland Saga 124

I guess the baby is part of the team now. No going back for them.

bobohoro

Denpa Kyoushi 138

And the ridiculous drama continues. Seriously, this arc is dumb.
And it feels like the final one as well. At this point, I don't even care if it ends either way.

BLack Clover 46

I hope granny isnt dead

But wow, Dorksta already halted in his tracks and captain showing up. Bring on 47.

Food Wars 151

Kuga appeared! But why did he have to be removed form the council?! He did nothing wrong.

trash. 31

Sometimes the title of this manga is really accurate. This arc is kinda weird, as much as I like Bronco Mask.

not lives 25

I lost it at the 25.5 chapter with "Sis gets up at 6:30AM!" page. Also her looking at her hands to remember Cat's Paw was pretty hilarious. Meanwhile, I hate deathmatch manga for the most part because characters I like always die.

Chikotan, Kowareru 9

It's so stupid but that whole boob interaction scene with the stacked friend was fucking hilarious. Also, just bang the secret Chuuni friend already dammit. Bang her and never stop.

Aho Girl 58

It's almost astonishing how much funnier this is than the Mangaka and his Assistants manga.

Vinland Saga 124

FUCK THEY ALMOST GOT RID OF THE BABY

Oh well, maybe Hild will shoot it from her crossbow.

OPM 57.2

Please tell me I wasn't the only person who noticed the dude in the background of the dominatrix monster getting yelled at by his girlfriend.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

I'm guessing Haru will actually exit the harem at this point, but I also doubt she's gonna confess and get directly rejected: they're just going to have a weird hypothetical conversation where Haru understands her dreams are crushed and Raku probably doesn't even realize what happened or that Haru was interested. Then she'll just stop appearing like Marika.

It's like Raku's Bonyari Rejection Tour. Next up, we get to see if Tsugumi is going to even get a rejection or not because she's barely appeared recently. Although the reference to Mr. Onodera suggests that he's gonna show up soon enough.

Ou-sama Game Kigen 1-6

As great as this is, it does lose quite a bit of tension knowing who the culprit is. Horror mystery prequels like this don't really work when the conclusion is already known by a previously released work.

I mean, we got characters acting suspiciously and the art reflecting that as if they're legit suspects, but we know damn well they aren't the killer.

Tripon

BLack Clover 46

I hope granny isnt dead

But wow, Dorksta already halted in his tracks and captain showing up. Bring on 47.

Food Wars 151

Kuga appeared! But why did he have to be removed form the council?! He did nothing wrong.
Kuga runs one of the biggest associations, so his ideals run directly counter Central.

Ou-sama Game Kigen 1-6

As great as this is, it does lose quite a bit of tension knowing who the culprit is. Horror mystery prequels like this don't really work when the conclusion is already known by a previously released work.

I mean, we got characters acting suspiciously and the art reflecting that as if they're legit suspects, but we know damn well they aren't the killer.

The one who does it in Kings Game Origin is in the regular Kings Game?

Fairy Tail 470
It's the best character in Fairy Tail, da god Acnologia showing everyone who's the best. I'm conflicted though; Serena showed an interesting power, and before it can be developed, he is one shotted. That's pretty lazy, Hiro.

Umi no Misaki 1-135/End
A decent/good harem and echi manga that didn't feel like complete and utter fan service. My biggest issue is the shift in art/character designs to moeish.
YYw9Xpq.jpg

Yes, same character, same manga.

Looks pretty nice.

I thought Noah's were brown... no brownish red..... no grey

but I guess they are really light

anyway..... new chapter? ehehehehehhheheheheheheheheheheh good

*off to read
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

D.Gray-Man

So by eat he meant absorb the person's life force or soul.... Also Nea being able to turn on Allen's emotions like autopilot is uber creepy... he didn't really switch into Allen when he saw Link but made a fake Allen take over in order to keep things from getting complicated (since he forgot the dude's name).... Link is a uber badass best character growth in the series (dude knew Nea was trolling him)

Nea is kinda similar to kamui from Gintama in his murderous intent and uber fake happy personality (but for other reasons). Anyway Link joining forces with the 14th means they're now best buds

Arabesque

Shokugeki no Soma

I was honestly surprised at first when the revelation about Soma's father happened so soon, but I suppose this is the only way Erina can end her shtick about trying to bring down Soma and maybe try and be a better person towards him. Of course, she couldn't get that moment of shock exclusively for her (since whatever Erina's role in the story is always going to be shared by someone else) so seeing Azami involved and realising whats going on might play a factor in her eventual return to his side (and subsequent defeat by Soma).

I still don't like how spineless she had gotten, but at this point there isn't much to say about Erina other than hoping that all of this will be worth it in the long run. At least her reaction to seeing how much of an ass she was to Soma was funny.

And she's going to be presumably nicer to him because she's going to be afraid of upsetting her idol I suppose. Which figures, since I don't expect Erina to acknowledge Soma just like that.

The more important event was of course, Kuga, Isshiki and Megishima having been dismissed, which everyone saw coming. Kuga had been boycotting meetings, Megishima had been shown not being happy or getting excluded from whenever Azami talked about his perfect world, and Isshiki had always been plotting like he always does. Its going to be interesting seeing who will be replacing them, or if their positions will be filled by the existing members.

Going into theory territory, I am guessing this is the point where we might get Hayama join Central (as a way to protect/stay close to Jun and keep the Hayama seminar safe from the purge) and possibly end up on the council, finally bringing up what Dojima warned him about at the end of the tournament. Would also help further position him as Soma's biggest challenge among his age group (since Kurokiba is tied with Soma, Alice got beaten already and is on the same level as the other 2, and Erina is too busy being mystified by washing machines to cook) and maybe set up a revenge match in the future.

If I had to guess, he'd probably end up in the 3rd seat. If he does join them anyway.

Kuga runs one of the biggest associations, so his ideals run directly counter Central.

That, and Kuga had been openly repelling against Central since day one. He stopped showing up to meetings and his work had already been shifted to the pro-central members.

I guess he's probably going to go against one of the third years at this point to keep the Chinese association running.

dock

Recommendations needed!

I haven't bought and read any manga in a while. The last thing I really enjoyed was Dragon Head and Death Note. My favourites are shorter stories like Strain and Sexy Voice & Robo. Any recommendations? Nothing too long!

kasane

i feel like i havent read manga in forever but all the ones that were in hiatus are still in hiatus

HxH betting pool anyone

LeleSocho

Banned
Umi no Misaki 1-135/End
A decent/good harem and echi manga that didn't feel like complete and utter fan service. My biggest issue is the shift in art/character designs to moeish.
YYw9Xpq.jpg

Yes, same character, same manga.
That's one hell of downgrade

i feel like i havent read manga in forever but all the ones that were in hiatus are still in hiatus

HxH betting pool anyone

Read Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! It's only 236 pages! (for now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom