• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Recommendations needed!

I haven't bought and read any manga in a while. The last thing I really enjoyed was Dragon Head and Death Note. My favourites are shorter stories like Strain and Sexy Voice & Robo. Any recommendations? Nothing too long!

Blame!
Freesia
Getenrou
Haruka na Machi e
Heads
Homunculus
Music of Marie
Nijigahara Holograph

Try these first. They are mostly under 10 volumes and for seinen demographic.

If you prefer comical, lighthearted series, look at MangaGaf favourites Dungeon Meshi and Hinamatsuri.

Zweizer

Banned
Recommendations needed!

I haven't bought and read any manga in a while. The last thing I really enjoyed was Dragon Head and Death Note. My favourites are shorter stories like Strain and Sexy Voice & Robo. Any recommendations? Nothing too long!

On top of what Uso suggested, I'll add Solanin, Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon and T-REX na Kanojo, though the latter two are ongoing series.

WOuld get if I had unlimited money.
CZTwrzNWIAEuutT.jpg:large

Peco

Recommendations needed!

Suicide Island/Jisatsutou is still ongoing but it's really good!

For something shorter I'd recommend Arigatou (4 volumes) and Believers (1-2 volumes iirc) by Naoki Yamamoto.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Hinamatsuri 52
I'm dying.
I can't believe they turn regular cafe into hostess club (close enough)
Next month, best daughter Anzu! HELL YEAH!

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Chapter 6

Wow its been six months already.

Good duel, I love seeing Kurosaki losing and in pain on so many levels. Too bad such a bad character gets such an awesome deck.

Confused why Yuuri and Yuugo havent appeared and spoke but Yuuto has.
tumblr_o1kehgS9401qbxqfpo1_500.png

King's Game Origin 30 [END]
CZrB6MlXEAEPceC.png

Alright ending for this multi year journey into the King's Game. I enjoyed the death game brought about by sorcery and a virus as well as the many personalities. I will miss it immensely as I grew to like the lead character a whole lot. He tried his best to persever without killing and well, its a tough world to live in.

I would definitely read the main series now just to see how it is, but I will miss this cast. Odd way for this to end to tie into the daughter getting a text for the next King's Game. I wonder how it came though, the virus just suddenly woke up 30+ years later?

Zweizer

Banned
Sakura no Sono ch21-22 (End)

Well it's over. It made for a decent, if rather dark fairy tale, so in other words your usual fairy tale.

Vinland Saga 124

The Circle eyes dude is still amusing... keeping the child will prove to be hard later on in their journey but hey these things happen in Seinen they already have a old dude and a dog to add to the typical Seinen wacky crew

Well the other dudes got into some fine mess

Kanga na Spoon 1 - 7 [END]
CZrprsmWAAU1TkZ.png

Kanga na Spoon focuses on the daily life of fashion designer Kasumi and businessman Yoshiaki. I like how this friends become lovers BL focuses more on the present but still some on their past. I wish we did spend a tad bit more time in the pass, but to see that they loved each other back then and love each other now is great. There was really no conflict or drama so that was nice to see. Rarely ever are their such happy going things like this with the most drama just being a tiny bit of time away from each other. Even the one who may have wanted to get in the way wasnt even evil or anything but more of a joking business guy who had his own lover. All in all a very nice warm story. Good art and good comedy.

Dio

Banned
H-artists are being arrested right now by the police in South Korea.

It looks like they're finally enforcing existing laws.

Erodoll just posted this on his pixiv:

Recently my country's NSFW artists have been arrested several times by police.
I think it's dangerous to me keeping this account.(pixiv,tumblr,patreon)
So I decide to seclude myself from this work.
When Manga work is over, I'll have my self-development time.
and I'll come again with another nickname someday.
thank you.

Last I checked, possession isn't illegal, but creation/drawing that stuff is.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 201

Seems like Haru will have a proper rejection, disappointing, her arc had ended perfectly with her deciding to walk off by her own decision.

What's exactly illegal there?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi 201

Seems like Haru will have a proper rejection, disappointing, her arc had ended perfectly with her deciding to walk off by her own decision.

What's exactly illegal there?

I think they'll end up being vague.

wonzo

Banned

i see south korea's latent fascism never truly went away

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UQ Holder

cackle cackle

dat Evangeline shipping although I don't really remember her being in love with Negi but okay (I thought she was into Nagi and I don't remember it really turning into Negilust even in Negima)

Droplet

Really? I wonder if gallery artists are able to draw and display nude portraiture or if the regulations include some sort of reference to explicit sexual content.

King's Game Origin end

Timeline doesn't line up because if Natsuko died, she wouldn't have left the research in the village in 1995 unless it's the missing twin named after her, who would be like 8 at the time if that old.

Other than that, good, tense series despite being a prequel where we know the answer already.

Angry Grimace

Yamada

I miss Shiraishi having anything to do with the plot

Just started marathoning Narutaru. I'm amazed I never read it before, considering I've read like half of the mangaka's works.

I'm fully set up to be emotionally destroyed. It's okay, I asked for this.

UQ Holder

cackle cackle

dat Evangeline shipping although I don't really remember her being in love with Negi but okay (I thought she was into Nagi and I don't remember it really turning into Negilust even in Negima)

There were hints she was into her disciple, but yeah, I figured it was more his father she carried a torch for.

Granted, i'm firmly in the Chisame camp for the negibowl.

UQ Holder

So I guess Eva was indeed the girl Negi said he liked at in the end of Negima, then? The fact that Eva's straight up in love with him now sure makes it sound that way.

Narutaru

Holy shit. Whereas Bokurano hits you with the whammy early, Narutaru kinda starts out slow and builds to the fucked uppedness. Like it seems like maybe things will be okay but goddam things just get worse and worse and worse.

Lain

Just started marathoning Narutaru. I'm amazed I never read it before, considering I've read like half of the mangaka's works.

I'm fully set up to be emotionally destroyed. It's okay, I asked for this.

Hopefully you'll be able to appreciate this masterpiece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom