• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Portions of) Yakuza 3 coming to the West - March 2010

androvsky

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
http://www.vg247.com/2010/01/04/sega-european-yakuza-3-to-have-japanese-voice-overs/

Doesn't make sense. If they are dubbing it for US, why not include it here and/or include both audio tracks on both territories. If they aren't dubbing it, what did that guy smoke before giving that interview.

The EU spokesman didn't speak for the U.S. because he didn't want to make the same mistake the US guy did and comment on something he's not absolutely certain of. Sega of America's going to have a lot of mopping up to do after that interview.

Segata Sanshiro said:
I had a bigger problem with Kazama -> Fuma, but yeah, Hanaya -> Kage is weird and makes one of the subquests in RGG2 completely fail in its quest for lulz.

So that's what that Florist quest was all about. I caught on to Fuma not being Fuma in the transition from Y1 to Y2, but I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to catch Kage as not being Kage.

If you're just going to change the name from one Japanese name to another, why fucking bother?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Annnyyy new info lately? Sega hasn't posted anything on their blog or the PS one in over a month now. Wish they'd speak up! Guess they're to focused on all stars racing right now.

I started my replay of Y1/2 tonight. Using a guide this time to totally do all the quests! I still don't get the beginning. Why doesn't Kazuma run off with the others? It seemed like he could've got out in time and just left the police with a mystery! Then I guess the story wouldn't work... Wells anyways I wonder if Shimano will knock me down to easy mode like in my first playthrough or if I'll last alil longer on normal this time. Oh and I miss weapon finishers ;_;

vocab

LiveFromKyoto said:
Because they'll have to pay the Japanese actors royalties.

No. That's not how things work, especially when the property is owned by Sega themselves. Money goes towards translating text. If they decide to dub it, they would spend even more money. I highly doubt the game will be in English simply because this is a niche series, and Sega doesn't want to invest a lot into something that hasn't sold well in the past.

Lindsay said:
Annnyyy new info lately? Sega hasn't posted anything on their blog or the PS one in over a month now. Wish they'd speak up! Guess they're to focused on all stars racing right now.

I started my replay of Y1/2 tonight. Using a guide this time to totally do all the quests! I still don't get the beginning. Why doesn't Kazuma run off with the others? It seemed like he could've got out in time and just left the police with a mystery! Then I guess the story wouldn't work... Wells anyways I wonder if Shimano will knock me down to easy mode like in my first playthrough or if I'll last alil longer on normal this time. Oh and I miss weapon finishers ;_;

the murder happen on the spot and is not a well planned murder. if they both runaway, further investigation can easily track Nishiki as the murder. so Kazuma choose to stay and take the blame instead with no further investigation required that can implicate Nishiki.

you can see later on that detective date is totally not convinced that Kazuma is the killer.

at least that's how I remember it, it's been so long since I played Y1

klee123

Yuk if true

140945e.jpg

Why not the Japanese art?

duckroll

It's rated on ESRB: http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=28484

Yakuza 3

Platform: PlayStation 3

Rating: Mature

Content descriptors: Blood, Sexual Themes, Strong Language, Use of Alcohol, Violence

Rating summary:
In this "open-world" action game, players assume the role of Kazuma, a manager of an orphanage in Okinawa, a man whose peaceful life gets interrupted by his criminal past. Players are drawn back to the Yakuza underworld—Japanese gangsters and shady dealings—as they follow storylines that take them through missions and Tokyo streets.

The game's main combat involves barehanded street fighting: Battles against thugs and gangsters are common, and necessary to progress through the game. Players punch, kick, grapple, and use weapons (bats, pipes, two-by-fours, etc.) to beat up human enemies. And after building up a secondary energy meter, players can execute more intense hits—slamming opponents' heads into walls, head-butting them, throwing characters to the ground. Often, quick splashes of blood trail the hits. Cutscenes also depict blood, but more often, characters getting betrayed, shot, threatened, hit in the back with a sledgehammer, stabbed in the hand with a butter knife (the screaming in the last-mentioned scene is somewhat unsettling).

During the course of the game, players are able to purchase and consume alcoholic beverages. The list of drinks on the scrolling menu screen is extensive; and players' character gets intoxicated if he drinks too much (e.g., a glowing bottle icon appears on screen). The game is designed such that when drunk, players are more likely to get into fights: bystanders, gang members, street thugs—they get more agitated than usual, a little less tolerant of drunken displays (e.g., "You reek of alcohol, pops" and "Your stench is making everyone else want to puke!"); metal chairs and two-by-fours settle most differences, though conciliation soon follows (e.g., "Sh*t, I can't even beat up a drunk" and "I'm sorry to have started a fight with you . . . Please, take this" [3000 Yen]). One cinematic cutscene takes place in a nightclub, where bikini-clad women dance provocatively on poles—spreading their legs, bending over, gyrating; the camera tends to capture the low angles, and it pans and zooms-in liberally. The game also contains its share of strong profanity ("f**k," "mother**ker," "sh*t," and "a*shole"); for example, "Why don't I just kill the sorry f**k and become the next chairman?"

jett

D-Member
I think Sega forgets that the first two fucking bombed. You're gonna need a better boxart than that, you lame fucks. Maybe they should consider changing the name even. :p

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
The JP box art isn't any better and in terms of US Yakuza boxart at least its not a third shot of Kazuma from behind so this supposed one doesn't bother me!

androvsky

I get the funny feeling the shot of Kazuma smoking a cigarette from the Japanese wouldn't go over too well in the U.S., and like someone else said, at least it's not another shot of his back.

I don't care about the box art personally, but it is hideous and will keep people from even looking at the back of the box in many cases.

The Japanese boxart is so iconic, it really gives you an idea of the mood. This is an ugly zoomed-in shot of half his face scowling at the buyer, and the dragon made to look like generic clip-art.

It came out the same time as the ESRB rating, so it's probably the real thing. Damn. :lol

Awful box art. How do some of these graphic designers even get jobs? That's just fucking sad. I've seen better shit in high school projects, come on SEGA.

iceatcs

Cigarette rule!! :/
and fuck the ESRB logo. (Sorry ESRB defence force)

Click the image for PNG large version. So you can print it out at a high price and stick this ass one.

(Thanks god for Photoshop and by the way, it is highest resolution because of picture I got from the net.)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That's what it should be anyway. They could even edit out the cigarette for the NA market I guess. Jeez.

gray_fox224

iceatcs said:

Click the image for PNG large version. So you can print it out at a high price and stick this ass one.

(Thanks god for Photoshop and by the way, it is highest resolution because of picture I got from the net.)
Read this Sega...

iceatcs

Ok I've resized for prefect shape. It's already update on the same link, redownload if you have download old version.

For new page :p
iceatcs said:

Top Bottom