• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messiah

SFV won't have Dinput at launch for those of you wanting to play with a PS stick on PC. You'll end up having to use some software until it's supported in game.

Damn, was hoping they would fix this for release. Going to grab a new stick soon anyway but this sucks.
What's the source?

This game GAF, I swear

So much padding, the Tombs are nothing more but a nice distraction.

Man, Tomb Raider Anniversary doesn't really hold up graphically.

Tesseract

Banned
You win Wonderful glaze for your eyes!

the-mist-ending-o.gif

rtcn63

Looks like he's running on my old 9800 pro.

Is that RoTR? The tombs are actually more interesting than the main game, even if they're not particularly difficult or lengthy. And man, with all the (boring) shit they make you go through to get new guns, they should at least make enemies more of a challenge. The worst I've fought so far is
da beeaars
. And ammo and materials are just so plentiful it's not even funny.

Jawmuncher

It's about what dex, I think, wrote some pages back about how Rise of TR has specific walls with white paint on them to let the player know they can be climbed.

I remember ages back playing uncharted 2 and getting stuck because I didn't know the moss was Indicating a climbing area. Funny enough in the HD release its far more pronounced that it's a climbing area.

Kaleinc

Banned
SFV won't have Dinput at launch for those of you wanting to play with a PS stick on PC. You'll end up having to use some software until it's supported in game.
Keyboard is all you need on PC :) They better support key remapping unlike something KT something.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I feel the need to clarify that Nabs is lamenting that his arcade stick won't be initially compatibly, not that he can't use a controler.

Because you can use a controller.

tuxfool

Banned
And yellow color.

They're both ridiculous. However Uncharted doesn't have ancestry as a platformer.

I recall somebody making a thread decrying modern detective-vision. Rotter was one of the games that was said to be one of the least bad examples. It is only the least bad because some weirdo painted the world with white lines everywhere.

Jawmuncher

They've officially confirmed this?
That would be really annoying, since my preferred, temporary solution (x360ce) doesn't work when my Steam Controller is plugged in.

If Wildstar comes to Steam, Carbine have their server issues finally sorted and I can use Steam cards and thus my Steam wallet to pay for a sub on a month-to-month basis, I'll probably bite. I really liked what I played--when I could actually play--in the month I had when it re-launched as a f2p game but the persistent server issues chased me away. Right now I'm pretty burnt out on Warlords of Draenor and need something new to play between now and Legion. There was a lot to like about Wildstar, they just have to make the Steam thing happen before Legion comes out.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Trains in the Sky -- MB-5590A5BCB402B83A - Taken by Endruen
remove the thingy at the end of the key

tuxfool

Banned
My knowledge in graphic cards and stuff are sadly not on the scale to understand any of this.

Pls explain.

Basically development of GPUs takes a long time, with long lead times between development and product. What was leaked shows tooling used when testing early silicon.

Given the typical timelines, it seems unlikely based on that information, that nvidia actually has any fully working silicon samples of Pascal GPUs. Even when they said they did.

Given this information it also stands to reason, that Pascal is not shipping in June.

Endruen

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Trains in the Sky -- MB-5590A5BCB402B83A - Taken by Endruen
remove the thingy at the end of the key

"Heaven Island - VR MMO" What the heck is this?

Only 43 weeklong deals? Hmmm....

This is what I came to post...
Are they going to have some unexpected sale later this week? Usually the weeklongs are in the 80+ games, not sub 50.

Ucchedavāda;193932636 said:
They've officially confirmed this?
That would be really annoying, since my preferred, temporary solution (x360ce) doesn't work when my Steam Controller is plugged in.

Why use x360ce when there are much better "blanket" style alternative that don't require you to add files to every game and run the configuration tool before doing so (if it even ends up working with it at all)?

Uzzy

If SFV doesn't have dinput at launch, that'll suck. But because we're on PC, there's a workaround. For the beta, I just used x360ce. Took maybe 30 seconds to set up, and I was happily using my RAP4 all beta.

Picked up some more goodies today. Bought this lovely book, and another 8gb of ram. Upon installing it, I had the wonderful discovery of seeing that my existing RAM wasn't fully clicked into the motherboard, and likely hadn't been since I first put the machine together. It still worked (obviously) but it was still amusing to see.

Why use x360ce when there are much better "blanket" style alternative that don't require you to add files to every game and run the configuration tool before doing so (if it even ends up working with it at all)?

Because it is the best solution I had found, so far.
I'll gladly take recommendations if you have any particular solution(s) in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom