• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Emily Rogers just hint at Mother 3's NA Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolkir

Is no one else upset about this leak? Like the surprise of a decade was completely spoiled for you? Imagine what the reaction would have been...

Mmm, i think it had many possibilities with good Earthbound sales, GBA VC and release of Earthbound Beginnings. Mother 3 could be greater Nintendo game without West release.

Sounds like a rumor that anybody could say and it has many chances to be right. Because it's Emily, people give more credit.

Kazer

Not there anymore... What was it?

The tweet is deleted, has someone made a screenshot?

Something along the lines of "That games I was hinting about, this is it. It's happening"

38eKh75.jpg

Something along the lines of "That games I was hinting about, this is it. It's happening"

If you look at your history it should give you part of the tweet, at least it did for me here on Chrome, but then I clicked it and it went away......

But it was along those lines yes. Except , "game" in singular form.

Edit:nevermind :p

wrowa

I doubt they're using the fan translation, since they wouldn't want a free version of it out there while they're selling the exact same thing.

Same could be said about Earthbound Beginnings, though. The English ROM has been available for an eternity, despite Nintendo never releasing it officially. Of course, it isn't exactly legal, but it's not like most people care.

Such a move would encourage and to a degree give a feeling of legimacy to the fan translation scene, though, and I don't think that's something Nintendo wants. It's the kind of thing most companies prefer to silently tolerate.

komorebi

Frak the godsdamn Wii U eshop. What we need and what this series NEEDS is Mother 2 and 3 on one 3DS cartridge. Let's do this.

amnesiac

Mmm, i think it had many possibilities with good Earthbound sales, GBA VC and release of Earthbound Beginnings. Mother 3 could be greater Nintendo game without West release.

Sounds like a rumor that anybody could say and it has many chances to be right. Because it's Emily, people give more credit.

Eh, this tweet from Bill last month is pretty telling, IMO.

nfalqO1.png

Doesn't matter how obvious it was to you or anyone else. Sure, I had a feeling it might happen, but what's the preferred way to learn about it: through Emily Roger's Twitter, or at the end of a Nintendo Direct or at E3? The difference between those two scenarios is huge in my mind, by the way. Not to mention it spits in the face of Nintendo, who was listening to fan outcry on this one and possibly hinting at it since E3 2014 with, "Come on Reggie, give us Mother 3!"

People are getting a bit ahead of themselves. We don't have confirmation from anyone. Emily Rogers teased it but didn't say anything definitive, even if you include that anniversary tweet.

I'm of the opinion that Mother 3 _will_ come to the VC at some point, and have been convinced of it for years. But we don't really know when. If it does get announced this year, I at least will still be excited by the reveal.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I'd pay $100 for a 3DS/NX cart with all three. One of my favorite games of all time and my #1 jrpg. But it'll never happen.
I'd only get it digital to support it but I'd hardly be excited, I've played it many years ago already, own a repro GBA cart for the english fantranslation and the JPN cart already.

Sagittal

Banned
This needs to be true, it strikes me as very incompetent that Nintendo hasn't released this title in the west ages ago. The Mother series has deserved much more than this, glad Nintendo might actually be bothered translating one of their greatest games of all time in between crapping out amiibos.

Kriken

Would make a lot of sense, they've been sorta building up to the idea of Mother 3 leaving Japan for about 2 years or so

Ridley327

Eh. Nintendo generally doesn't censor "dark". If anything they'd change the magypsies unfortunately, but there wouldn't really be a need for them to do so. It really depends on what kind of audience they'd be shooting for. Mother fans are a dedicated bunch so I could see them not make any changes like that. I hope.

Earthbound was re-rated to T, and Beginnings carried a T-rating, too. I think they're pretty keyed into the games not being Pokémon.

Joqu

Earthbound was re-rated to T, and Beginnings carried a T-rating, too. I think they're pretty keyed into the games not being Pokémon.

Yeah, I agree. I really don't think they'd try to aim for a younger audience nowadays when it comes to EarthBound.

It's GBA, so not happening.

I'm not that familiar with digital stuff on Nintendo handhelds, is there a reason for this? I saw Minish Cap was on sale and wanted to buy it until I saw it was only on WiiU. Just kind of bothers me that I could buy a physical cart and play it on my phat DS, but I can't have a digital copy of the game on my 3DS.

I mean, I always expected it to come out but nice to have confirmation. It would be cruel even by Nintendo standards to not do it after E3 2014 but damn do they take forever. I'll be glad to finally play it for the first time.

If they had to, I wonder how they would change the Magypsies.

Unrelated: I did spot this in a Nintendo World Store display a couple years back.

295479_10150955133490749_338721019_n.jpg

It would be surreal but a US release in general might still be surreal-er.

Starting up my Wii U and seeing EB and Beginnings next to each other is a beautiful thing

And whaddya know, there's an empty spot next to Beginnings.

El Odio

Banned
Guys, is it really happening...? The more I think about it it sounds like it's going to happen. I haven't played Mother 3 in almost 6 years. I think its time to finally revisit it.

Fandangox

Define we.

"We" in this case is defined as the group of people that will be paying for the game once it comes out, it should be noted that as of now it can be inferred that "we" in this case does not include yourself.

Edit: I am getting different results from Neiteio, let me run back to the lab and confirm

For what it's worth, a French journalist from gamekult, who as a good track record with Nintendo related stuff, talked about it a few month ago like it was a sure thing.
Something like " it's being translated, it's coming."

Shenmue

Banned
Well at least this is one GBA game I won't mind being on Wii U instead of 3DS since the other 2 Earthbounds are also on Wii U. Having all 3 on one console will be great!

I thought it was obvious Mother 3 was coming here once they brought over Mother 1 last E3? Nobody wanted that game, it seemed like a clear attempt to get it sales before it got over showered by Mother 3. And didn't we get Earthbound the E3 before that, along with a direct call out to Mother 3? I would've been shocked if we didn't get Mother 3 this June, it's been in the making for a while now.

I mean, of course, it is Nintendo. So you never know for sure. But this seemed extremely likely to me.

Edit: Also it's Nintendo's year of the JRPG.

L Thammy

For what it's worth, a French journalist from gamekult, who as a good track record with Nintendo related stuff, talked about it a few month ago like it was a sure thing.
Something like " it's being translated, it's coming."

PLOT TWIST: Mother 3 is finally coming out in the West, but it's only in French.
PLOT TWIST 2: It's only in Quebec French.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom