• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

What's the easiest way to gather gold in the current version of the game? I don't have the DLC.

1) Sell all the random runes that you've been finding. I got probably 10k the first time I went and sold all my ruens.

2) Go to skellige and loot some smugglers' cache, guarded treasures, etc. and sell the stuff you get to a blacksmith / armorer.

What's the easiest way to gather gold in the current version of the game? I don't have the DLC.
I just looted and sold off the weapons and armor as I went along. If my inventory was getting full I'd drop the cheapest ones. Also, remember to convert your foreign currency to regular currency from time to time at the bank in Novigrad. I never really had to stop to scrape together more gold, but I was pretty thorough when it comes to checking every location as I wandered.

Auctopus

Came back to playing the game again since before Christmas and it still just gets me sometimes. Fast traveled back to White Orchard for some materials and I still had to just stop and admire the surroundings.

Also, I finished "The Last Wish". Excellent stories and really great to get some background on the mission with Yennefer and the D'jinn. Looking forward to replying that mission on my second play through.

Respect

Any tips for the dlc boss wraith on death march ng+...can't get to a picture fast enough before she regens to full, feel like I am banging my head against a wall.

Edit: okay, think I figured it out...thanfully

Coreda

Oxenfurt bell tower. Yass. Curiously it doesn't lead to the same location as the associated
HoS quest
, which is a tad disappointing. Nor can you ring the bell, even though there's a lever. Such a tease.

oxenfurtbelltowerunal12jwq.jpg

And I'm amazed I didn't notice this new runestone earlier. 100% item durability? Has to be one of the most useful item upgrades in the game.

Oxenfurt bell tower. Yass. Curiously it doesn't lead to the same location as the associated
HoS quest
, which is a tad disappointing. Nor can you ring the bell, even though there's a lever. Such a tease.

And I'm amazed I didn't notice this new runestone earlier. 100% item durability? Has to be one of the most useful item upgrades in the game.

Personally I'm more interested in the one that makes weapon and armor enhancement not wear off

Question for anyone who may know: What's the best way to earn Crowns in the Endgame?

I've already finished all quests, including Hearts of Stone content, and looted all "?" marks.

I just wanted to keep purchasing some Greater Glyphs for some of the armor sets I don't use as often, but at 1500-2000 a pop, it's not cheap :/

Coreda

Was never much of a fan of any of the runewrights, since it deletes your sockets.

This is a regular rune rather than an enchantment so it can be added to existing sockets. He's just the only one I've seen who sells them and the diagrams.

Personally I'm more interested in the one that makes weapon and armor enhancement not wear off

It's a decent boost, yeah. With the bonuses for wearing armor of the same set, and along with the weapon socket and ability tree upgrades I've become pretty OP, so I rarely enhance my gear unless I know I'm going into a boss fight.

I just wanted to keep purchasing some Greater Glyphs for some of the armor sets I don't use as often, but at 1500-2000 a pop, it's not cheap :/

Have you looked into buying the diagrams? Some of them use components I already have plenty of which can save a bit.

Have you looked into buying the diagrams? Some of them use components I already have plenty of which can save a bit.

...I had no idea I could just craft them myself. Just went to the
rune guy
and saw the diagrams he had. I thought when I go to a merchant, any diagram that's not yellow means I already have it, but I assumed wrong :/ also, under crafting there was no section for upgrades, so I didn't know I was missing something.

Thanks for pointing this out for me, quite silly to learn at the end of the game.

Coreda

I don't understand, why would it be useful at all? You already can repair all your equipments on the go, shouldn't this be considered a waste of slot?

It's mainly for those who can't be bothered repairing the armor after every few fights or buying/crafting repair kits, which I've heard as a gripe at various times throughout the OTs.

Many items have two to three slots so for those looking to reduce time in the inventory screen it would be a useful addition. Personally I've never run out of repair kits but it would be nice to forget about it altogether with such a glyph. Pity it's not applicable to weapons, which wear the fastest.

You know what I want to see in the next CDPR game.

Doesn't have to be with Ciri

But you know that scene with Geralt where

You jump between worlds, and Ciri when discussing with her even mentions worlds with technology like you've never seen before

I'd like a new witcher game based on the ability to do this.

Jump between them; earn coin in each.
Get in trouble with political situations for not really understanding each world.
Face foes never fought before.

Could be great.

It's mainly for those who can't be bothered repairing the armor after every few fights or buying/crafting repair kits, which I've heard as a gripe at various times throughout the OTs.

Many items have two to three slots so for those looking to reduce time in the inventory screen it would be a useful addition. Personally I've never run out of repair kits but it would be nice to forget about it altogether with such a glyph. Pity it's not applicable to weapons, which wear the fastest.

I have 50+ various repair kits just from random loot, but even then i only get a red item every 4-5 hours

cackhyena

I'm nearly at the end of the Bloody Baron stuff. I can't believe I waited so long on this game. I'd heard about this quest line, but I had no idea they deftly wove it among other quests like this...and so well. I'm kind of obsessed with this game rn. Starting to see why it was on so many GOTY lists.

MadYarpen

I'm nearly at the end of the Bloody Baron stuff. I can't believe I waited so long on this game. I'd heard about this quest line, but I had no idea they deftly wove it among other quests like this...and so well. I'm kind of obsessed with this game rn. Starting to see why it was on so many GOTY lists.

Good for you, there are many more great moments to get to. Enjoy. And it's not like it's going to end soon ;)

Salsa

my name is SalsaShark and i've played hundreds of hours of The Witcher 3 since release day, it's my GOTY, I restarted after 50 hours to play on the hardest difficulty, and I still havent beaten it

I don't know what this says

cackhyena

Good for you, there are many more great moments to get to. Enjoy. And it's not like it's going to end soon ;)

:) And I'm quite glad for it. I have The Division sitting there and i can't be bothered. I would have never guessed I'd be this into it. Just bought it on a whim on the PSN sale.

Lunar15

my name is SalsaShark and i've played hundreds of hours of The Witcher 3 since release day, it's my GOTY, I restarted after 50 hours to play on the hardest difficulty, and I still havent beaten it

I don't know what this says

Why'd you restart? Can't you just move up the difficulty?

Salsa

Why'd you restart? Can't you just move up the difficulty?

it was like after a week it was out tho, not the reason why I stalled or anything

can't remember but felt right. wanted to change some choices I think and besides the game feeling too easy I just rather restart at that point

Lunar15

it was like after a week it was out tho, not the reason why I stalled or anything

can't remember but felt right. wanted to change some choices I think and besides the game feeling too easy I just rather restart at that point

Ah, that makes more sense. Definitely push through and beat it! Hearts of Stone is so absolutely worth it.

Just to follow up on this after receiving the game and updating

Disc install - 31GB
Updates - 18GB!!!

That is ridunkulous. It'll finish in about 20min but I'll begin my journey tomorrow :D

That's bizarre, I don't remember having to update at all but I just looked in system storage and yea it's using 53gb. Crazy. Sorry for misleading you :(

That's bizarre, I don't remember having to update at all but I just looked in system storage and yea it's using 53gb. Crazy. Sorry for misleading you :(
Only 38.9 Gb for me (steam, completely up to date). I think save files are not stored in the game folder so I don't know why there is such a huge difference.

Syntsui

So how exactly does NG+ work?

I will carry over all of my stuff, except monster trophies and quest items. Also, I will be leveled up to level 30 and I will receive that potion that reset stats, that's pretty much it or am I missing something? Would this affect the DLC, is there a specific point I need to get to to use its content?

I'm about to finish the game and I'm thinking about going straight to NG+.

So how exactly does NG+ work?

I will carry over all of my stuff, except monster trophies and quest items. Also, I will be leveled up to level 30 and I will receive that potion that reset stats, that's pretty much it or am I missing something? Would this affect the DLC, is there a specific point I need to get to to use its content?

I'm about to finish the game and I'm thinking about going straight to NG+.

I think you don't carry over Gwent cards either. DLC shouldn't matter, when you decide to start on DLC it basically just unlocks a quest on the world map, which you can do at any time after you finish White Orchard.

ColdPizza

Banned
I think you don't carry over Gwent cards either. DLC shouldn't matter, when you decide to start on DLC it basically just unlocks a quest on the world map, which you can do at any time after you finish White Orchard.

If you go to play the DLC on a NG+ save the HoS missions will start at level 60. I wouldn't recommend this unless you plan on playing through the entire NG+ before starting.

mileS

Trying to finish up some trophies and I'm starting to get a little frustrated. Stuff like Humpty Dumpty and Master Marksman (which I swear I should have got by now...) but literally every guide or tip is "Goto Devil's Pit" Well fuck I cleared that waaaaaay way back. There's got to be some decent alternatives out there.

Trying to finish up some trophies and I'm starting to get a little frustrated. Stuff like Humpty Dumpty and Master Marksman (which I swear I should have got by now...) but literally every guide or tip is "Goto Devil's Pit" Well fuck I cleared that waaaaaay way back. There's got to be some decent alternatives out there.

Can you just start a NG+, stick it on the easiest difficulty, and go straight to Devil's Pit?

I am very, very upset that I cant bring up the minimap HUD for a few seconds on consoles.

I like to play without HUD/minimap, but sometimes I need to look at the minimap briefly..total mood killer to bring up the full map all the time

On PC, you can do this, I wish I could on PS4

I am very, very upset that I cant bring up the minimap HUD for a few seconds on consoles.

I like to play without HUD/minimap, but sometimes I need to look at the minimap briefly..total mood killer to bring up the full map all the time

On PC, you can do this, I wish I could on PS4

Swipe the touchpad up on the DS4. I didn't figure this out for a very long time and I only figured it out on accident when my finger accidentally brushed over the touchpad.

It's still the full map, but at least it takes less time to get there.

Rattles

I would like a them to add a continuous new game pluss eventually. I'm enjoying my first n+ play through but after this there really nothing there to keep me coming back.

Just started on this game. It's my first Witcher title. Really liking it. I think I started on whatever is equivalent to Hard. I get really apprehensive whenever I go somewhere I don't know. I died a lot to drowners.

I'm poor as hell though. Playing good guy means I barely get enough money. :( I'm at the start of the Bloody Baron quest stuff. I bought everyone drinks but when I talked to them afterwards, they initiated a fight so I killed them. I got lots of swords from them but I don't know if I should sell them or dismantle. Got a lot of useless books. I don't want to venture out at night so I always meditate through it, but it means I keep burning my alcohest.

I'm still not used to the buffs. Are oils/potions very mandatory? Their durations are super short!

But Im on foot most of the time :(

They've never displayed on Geralt, though. Always on Roach.

I always use the little pouch one for killing a Nightwraith or Noonwraith. Having a monster's head hanging from my horse all the time is just a bit too much.

Just started on this game. It's my first Witcher title. Really liking it. I think I started on whatever is equivalent to Hard. I get really apprehensive whenever I go somewhere I don't know. I died a lot to drowners.

I'm poor as hell though. Playing good guy means I barely get enough money. :( I'm at the start of the Bloody Baron quest stuff. I bought everyone drinks but when I talked to them afterwards, they initiated a fight so I killed them. I got lots of swords from them but I don't know if I should sell them or dismantle. Got a lot of useless books. I don't want to venture out at night so I always meditate through it, but it means I keep burning my alcohest.

I'm still not used to the buffs. Are oils/potions very mandatory? Their durations are super short!

At the start of the game, it's best to just sell everything you can. Head to Crow's Perch, there's two merchants there right next to each other where you can sell things. You can start looking for diagrams of Witcher gear, too, once you get a set of that you'll probably never need to wear random loot again. Just keep upgrading the gear instead.

Oils can last really long on a sword, and are pretty vital when you're facing enemies/monsters tougher than you. A silver sword coated in Necrophage Oil will help you cut through swarms of drowners a lot faster than you would otherwise. Dip your blade in Relict Oil when you come across a Fiend. Etcetera, etcetera.

Potions are pretty vital. Especially Swallow and White Raffard's decoction, as those restore your health in combat. The others have their own uses as well, they're all useful in a way. Black Blood, for instance, is pretty essential when fighting Vampires. Golden Oriole helps you deal with poison.

They've never displayed on Geralt, though. Always on Roach.

I always use the little pouch one for killing a Nightwraith or Noonwraith. Having a monster's head hanging from my horse all the time is just a bit too much.

They were on Geralt in Witcher 2. He even has the hook for them on his belt :(

At the start of the game, it's best to just sell everything you can. Head to Crow's Perch, there's two merchants there right next to each other where you can sell things. You can start looking for diagrams of Witcher gear, too, once you get a set of that you'll probably never need to wear random loot again. Just keep upgrading the gear instead.

Oils can last really long on a sword, and are pretty vital when you're facing enemies/monsters tougher than you. A silver sword coated in Necrophage Oil will help you cut through swarms of drowners a lot faster than you would otherwise. Dip your blade in Relict Oil when you come across a Fiend. Etcetera, etcetera.

Potions are pretty vital. Especially Swallow and White Raffard's decoction, as those restore your health in combat. The others have their own uses as well, they're all useful in a way. Black Blood, for instance, is pretty essential when fighting Vampires. Golden Oriole helps you deal with poison.

Sell stuff even mats? My comment about potions/oils was that their effects seem to be pretty tame. I think it was like +10% damage for 30 seconds?

I'm still a bit confused about the controls/setup (PS4). It's up/down to use the particular quick items, but I can equip a row of them. So when I use items it's just using them in order and no way to scroll through it?

So, I started up a new game plus on my old save(after I had to do some trickery to update the save and whatnot for NG+) and right off the bat I lose all my schematics.

Although I've recovered about 35% by randomly looting crates in White Orchard and Velen. Which is totally weird, I mean I found all my ursine schematics in a random monster cave. 0_o

Also, it's cool that everything is properly scaled even though you do lose all those precious schematics. Right off the bat I got a steel longsword that would've been trash at the beginning of the game, it's actually better than the one I had equipped in NG+ lol. Yay, properly scaled loot.

A good friend of mine gifted me the Hearts of Stone DLC once he saw me replaying as I hadn't yet bought it. Looking forward to playing it!

Also, any tips for finding gwent cards and gwent in general? Starting to get addicted to it, even though it is no Pazaak.

So, I started up a new game plus on my old save(after I had to do some trickery to update the save and whatnot for NG+) and right off the bat I lose all my schematics.

Although I've recovered about 35% by randomly looting crates in White Orchard and Velen. Which is totally weird, I mean I found all my ursine schematics in a random monster cave. 0_o

Also, it's cool that everything is properly scaled even though you do lose all those precious schematics. Right off the bat I got a steel longsword that would've been trash at the beginning of the game, it's actually better than the one I had equipped in NG+ lol. Yay, properly scaled loot.

A good friend of mine gifted me the Hearts of Stone DLC once he saw me replaying as I hadn't yet bought it. Looking forward to playing it!

Also, any tips for finding gwent cards and gwent in general? Starting to get addicted to it, even though it is no Pazaak.

Ask every merchant to play you and browse their goods. If you do all the qwent related quests and do that you should be ok.

Nordicus

Sell stuff even mats? My comment about potions/oils was that their effects seem to be pretty tame. I think it was like +10% damage for 30 seconds?
Almost every alchemy item has 3 tiers, and the growth in power when you upgrade to new tier is almost exponential.

Top Bottom