• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

No they said it didn't make sense because the way Gwent works, once you have a good deck, you can't really lose.
Which is why I said it needs tweaking. As it stands once it have a good deck the game becomes pointless but they could tweak the game so it's more challenging.

Still say they have missed a trick.

NotBacon

Every time I remember Blood and Wine is coming very soon:

giphy.gif

frontovik

Banned
I hope I'm not alone in thinking that CDPR has been way too hush-hush about Blood and Wine details. Their marketing department has just been silent these past few months; it's slightly irritating :<

Oh my God, I'm wrapping up some tough quests and found Gottfried's Omni-opening Grimoire. Are they really talking about what I think they're talking about? Freakin hilarious!

Lunar15

I hope I'm not alone in thinking that CDPR has been way too hush-hush about Blood and Wine details. Their marketing department has just been silent these past few months; it's slightly irritating :<

They've said that they admired Bethesda's "Talk lightly then explode" approach to Fallout 4. I think it's the same reason they said they won't really talk at length about Cyberpunk until 2017.

This guy borrowed this game from me, couldn't say no, and all I see him playing is The Division. I don't think I will see it again very soon, but hopefully before Blood and Wine drops.

NeoGiff

I'm finishing up my NG+ to have it ready for Blood and Wine, and I'm still amazed by so many things in the game.

Whirl is so goddamn satisfying!

srBcVwc.gif

Respect

This guy borrowed this game from me, couldn't say no, and all I see him playing is The Division. I don't think I will see it again very soon, but hopefully before Blood and Wine drops.

A-Terrible-mistake.jpg

Edit: Still don't get why the Triss Gwent card is so lackluster for a hero card...give her +1 to all melee or make it 10...never understood that.

Okay so I just completed
the last wish
roughly how far would you say I am. I'm worried the game is starting to wrap up since im
going back to novigrad

How's the content after the main quest, there alot of side quests that open up?

Amon37

Well I just my best moment of the game so far.

Boning Keira one moment and killing her right after the next conversation at the tower.

MadYarpen

Okay so I just completed
the last wish
roughly how far would you say I am. I'm worried the game is starting to wrap up since im
going back to novigrad

How's the content after the main quest, there alot of side quests that open up?

You have more than few hours left, don't worry. You haven't even finished 1st chapter. 2nd and 3rd are shorter, though.

Wvrs

Finished Hearts of Stone, main game included racked up 120 hours all-in-all. Been chipping away at it here and there since last May, not really playing much else besides. Now I feel empty and my daily Blood and Wine google search isn't scratching the itch.

I'm reading the books, on the third right now, but need a new game to really sink my teeth into. I never got around to playing Dragon Age: Inquisition properly, will it hold up after my having played through this game.

Clydefrog

Beat the game tonight. 82 hours completion time. Hit level 35 :D Only got 53% of gog.com achievements though. Hmm. edit: ah probably because I avoided Gwent all-together. Stupid game

what happened at the end for me:
Ciri became a full-fledged witcher. Yennefer and Geralt banged into eternity and beyond. Cerys was a great queen of Skellige. Not sure what happened to Avallac'h though??

Good lord, that game was really well made. I will probably purchase the expansion stuff now.

I'm reading the books, on the third right now, but need a new game to really sink my teeth into. I never got around to playing Dragon Age: Inquisition properly, will it hold up after my having played through this game.

I enjoyed Inquisition quite a but but It would definitely pale in comparison if I played it for the first time now. Still, there's definitely some fun to be had in Inquisition if you avoid the endless map icons telling you to collect 7847 of this or 43548 of that.

cackhyena

Well I just my best moment of the game so far.

Boning Keira one moment and killing her right after the next conversation at the tower.

I didn't even know that was an option, not that I'd do that anyway...but man.

I'm feeling super dumb, is there not a way to find out how long I've been playing this game on PS4?

Amon37

I didn't even know that was an option, not that I'd do that anyway...but man.

right after you two have sex and then you go to the tower I picked the option to tell her she used me to clear the tower. Then I called her the forked tongue snake and she gets mad. Then I picked the option to take the scrolls by force and it's a fight to the death.

Lunar15

Beat the game tonight. 82 hours completion time. Hit level 35 :D Only got 53% of gog.com achievements though. Hmm. edit: ah probably because I avoided Gwent all-together. Stupid game

what happened at the end for me:
Ciri became a full-fledged witcher. Yennefer and Geralt banged into eternity and beyond. Cerys was a great queen of Skellige. Not sure what happened to Avallac'h though??

Good lord, that game was really well made. I will probably purchase the expansion stuff now.

The expansion stuff is even better.

mileS

Man it's both hilarious and amazing how quickly and stylish you can take out a pack of bandits when you are 20+ levels higher. Run up and dismember 5 different dudes in 5 different ways within a matter of seconds.

illusionary

What's broken about it? Go into the character screen and press R2 or R3 or something to display character stats and it's right there. Worked fine for me.

IIRC, it continues to count up while the console is in rest mode, so the time reported is often hugely overstated. I've not checked for whether this was fixed in the latest patch, but it was certainly an issue for my main playthrough.

MadYarpen

Man it's both hilarious and amazing how quickly and stylish you can take out a pack of bandits when you are 20+ levels higher. Run up and dismember 5 different dudes in 5 different ways within a matter of seconds.
And a nice trophy for that, BTW.

mileS

Back again with another grab bag of short videos. This game man...

One of the coolest slow mo finishers I've had in a while
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC7n4S4ksQE

This is what I was talking about in my earlier post. Poor low level bandits lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsJP8pBaFr0

and last but not least I'll leave you with a hilarious animation glitch I had. This lasted for a good while, even would happen to Roach but that part didn't save on my video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITiyqdeWzPo

ocean

Banned
So how much time should I be dedicating to Witcher contracts and side quests? Should I go full completionism? Or will I be leveled enough without that

So how much time should I be dedicating to Witcher contracts and side quests? Should I go full completionism? Or will I be leveled enough without that

I completed all side quests and contracts and only just got the trophy associated with level (35 I tbhink it is) but all the contracts and side quests are a lot of fun, I'd say deifnitely do them.

Absolutely, all the contracts and side-quests are amazing and should be experienced.

You can attempt them comfortably within a range of couple of levels.

ocean

Banned
Absolutely, all the contracts and side-quests are amazing and should be experienced.

You can attempt them comfortably within a range of couple of levels.
Game is pretty overwhelming but it might actually be the best game I've ever played.

Main story wise I'm helping a guy find 20 tons of gold stolen from the sewers below his bathhouse. Up to now, everything has been eerily perfect - the pacing, the atmosphere, the narrative quality of even the most trivial side quests.

No filler, no fetch a thon. Holy crap I'm sure DA:I developers considered suicide after playing this masterpiece and comparing it to their turd of a game.

GOAT material, I'm addicted

Lettuce

In regards to swords, is it a good idea to go with swords that have higher damage or more attributes?. I currently the Devine Steel sword which has good sign boosts and armor piercing but im finding swords now that have like 50+ more damage but might not have so good attributes attached to them and not sure if raw damage is better than effects??

Also, im at level 30 now and just stumbled across the Superior Grapeshot bombs and the Zerrikanian saddlebag, was wondering what else is defiantly worth while searching for any other must have bits of kit that i really should have now to make life easier?

Also which enemies drop red mutagen or less red mutagen?

In regards to swords, is it a good idea to go with swords that have higher damage or more attributes?. I currently the Devine Steel sword which has good sign boosts and armor piercing but im finding swords now that have like 50+ more damage but might not have so good attributes attached to them and not sure if raw damage is better than effects??

Also, im at level 30 now and just stumbled across the Superior Grapeshot bombs and wondering what else is defiantly worth while searching for any other must have bits of kit that i really should have now to make life easier?

Going for the superior/exceptional oils for specific monsters is definitely worth it imo. Going from 10% bonus damage against humans or ghouls or whatever to 25% or 50% is a huge boost.

Lettuce

Going for the superior/exceptional oils for specific monsters is definitely worth it imo. Going from 10% bonus damage against humans or ghouls or whatever to 25% or 50% is a huge boost.

This is the thing, i havent really used oils a great deal, i always seem to forget what oil is needed for what monsters or even to apply the oil till ive almost beaten said enemy, its just a shame that you can assign oils to a shortcut button like the bombs and potions instead you have to go into the menu each time

Thats said have just found 'Superior Hanged Man's Venom' which is +25% attack power versus humans and nonhumans which sounds super useful!!?....or does this game not regard nonhumans as everything else bar humans?

Also is there a way to cease your potion effects?, for example the cat potion its great when your in darkness but when you go out side its a pain

EDIT: is there a glitch where a Gwent card you have won doesnt show up in your deck?. I just won Letho Of Gulet but when i went to play my next game he wasnt in my deck at all!?

mileS

This is the thing, i havent really used oils a great deal, i always seem to forget what oil is needed for what monsters or even to apply the oil till ive almost beaten said enemy, its just a shame that you can assign oils to a shortcut button like the bombs and potions instead you have to go into the menu each time

Thats said have just found 'Superior Hanged Man's Venom' which is +25% attack power versus humans and nonhumans which sounds super useful!!?....or does this game not regard nonhumans as everything else bar humans?

Also is there a way to cease your potion effects?, for example the cat potion its great when your in darkness but when you go out side its a pain

EDIT: is there a glitch where a Gwent card you have won doesnt show up in your deck?. I just won Letho Of Gulet but when i went to play my next game he wasnt in my deck at all!?

You have to add the card to your playable deck. Pause and then Gwent menu.

White Honey removes potion effects I think

The rest mode clock bug is probably already fixed too. I leave my PS4 on rest all the time and it only says 13 hours of playtime.

My god, the sound design of this game is AMAZING. Love the free OST too!

Coreda

From what I've read 'non-humans' refers to dwarves, elves and such.

Lettuce

From what I've read 'non-humans' refers to dwarves, elves and such.

That is correct.

Booo thats a shame!

Is there a way when your in a shop to see how many of the items you actual own so you dont buy duplicates?

Also whats the level cap for Geralt?, im at level 31 now and am only on tier 2 for alchemy, i really want to unlock the cluster bomb at tier 4, will i have enough points left to get to that tier?

Coreda

Also whats the level cap for Geralt?, im at level 31 now and am only on tier 2 for alchemy, i really want to unlock the cluster bomb at tier 4, will i have enough points left to get to that tier?

I completed the game at level 34 or something, reached level 37 following, and am currently at level 40 after the Hearts of Stone expansion. Others have finished the game at higher levels so you haven't reached near the limit, if there is one, yet. Some weapons require level 42 to unlock.

You can always take points from one branch and put more of them into the alchemy branch with the Potion of Clearance, see the OP FAQ for deets.

MadYarpen

Booo thats a shame!

Is there a way when your in a shop to see how many of the items you actual own so you dont buy duplicates?

I think there is no level cap. You can do 35 in the main game, maybe 36 with all side quests done at the right time. If you don't have enough lvls try to look for unused places of power, they give points as well.

Top Bottom