• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

mitchman

Gold Member
Quick question about EU PS4 versions of the game. Friend bought EU disc version first, finished it and sold it. Now he bought it from UK store (not any other EU store) and cant access his saves. Are there two EU version of it, if so, is he screwed out of his saves?

Has he upgraded it? Some of the newer patches uses a save format older versions can't read.

Hearts of Stone is a great DLC. Really great quests and characters all round. Shani is bae.

Also, I'm nearly at the end of the game (I'm almost at the last quest), is it too late to start playing more Gwent? I'm not bothered about getting all the cards (I know I've missed some) but can I still build a competitive deck this late in the game?

Hearts of Stone is a great DLC. Really great quests and characters all round. Shani is bae.

Also, I'm nearly at the end of the game (I'm almost at the last quest), is it too late to start playing more Gwent? I'm not bothered about getting all the cards (I know I've missed some) but can I still build a competitive deck this late in the game?

That's pretty late. You will still be able to get some dope cards from merchants and the likes, but there is a line of quest for Qwent and some of the best cards are from that.

Amon37

I'm debating about whether to even search all the POI on skellige. I don't need money,gear,potions or oils. Seems like a waste this close to the end.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'm debating about whether to even search all the POI on skellige. I don't need money,gear,potions or oils. Seems like a waste this close to the end.

just wait for Blood & Wine. the POI's aren't worth it unless you're trying to do every treasure hunt quest, find diagrams, get exp, or make money. i might go do some since i'm broke after HoS. that runewright took 30,000 off me and i only just managed to add runes/glyphs to my Viper set. i'm not even gonna bother using the runewright now and i regret giving him any money at all. so just need to try hit lvl 40 (i'm at 39.5) and get some money for starting B&W.

Amon37

Well I glitched money so I have 4 million and I still have path of warriors if I need exp. I haven't done any dlc yet and since it's just a rental I'm debating on dlc. I have bought dlc for games I've gamefly'd before.

tfw you Gwent and chill with Shani and she says you stink at Gwent more than an enema does (
at least Geralt got laid after the wedding :p
), got wrecked in the last round because she had so many medic cards and Scoia'tael muster ability despite me bolstering my deck with loads of spy cards and adding hero cards

POIs are meant to be encountered naturally when you are treading the path.
If you hit the Skellige POIs while treading the path then you need to learn how to read a map lol :)

I left them on my base game playthrough, but then went back and did them during Hearts of Stone, not because I needed the coin (although it didn't hurt), but mostly because it was just a nice change of pace to be sailing around the little islands. I discovered some very cool shit that I wouldn't have otherwise so I consider it worthwhile, but probably not on your base game playthrough unless you want to burn yourself out.

If you hit the Skellige POIs while treading the path then you need to learn how to read a map lol :)

I left them on my base game playthrough, but then went back and did them during Hearts of Stone, not because I needed the coin (although it didn't hurt), but mostly because it was just a nice change of pace to be sailing around the little islands. I discovered some very cool shit that I wouldn't have otherwise so I consider it worthwhile, but probably not on your base game playthrough unless you want to burn yourself out.

Noob. I remember the map by heart.

Seriously though, I play this game like a walking simulator. I would just wander and sail aimlessly for hours. Also trying to overcome seemingly uncrossable walls, like roofs and hills, wherever I can.

This game is seriously amazing at how much fun you can have just by doing that, at least for me.

But it's true that most of Skellige's POIs are less interesting than in Velen because they are at sea. Well, whale watching is fun at least.

I ignored a lot of POI's, enjoyed the story too much, debating going back and doing a more completionist playthrough before Blood and Wine. Still haven't finished the game yet after 81 hours.

Seriously though, I play this game like a walking simulator. I would just wander and sail aimlessly for hours. Also trying to overcome seemingly uncrossable walls, like roofs and hills, wherever I can.

This game is seriously amazing at how much fun you can have just by doing that, at least for me.
It's amazing how much enjoyment I can get just out of walking through the woods. Literally walking. I think I've fast-traveled maybe four times in 70 hours.

It's the first open-world game that's ever truly captivated me just with its scenery and incidental details.

So I just reached Skellige and am considering purchasing HoS. Is it a new area? Also, whats with the season pass? 24.99 but HoS is 9.99? What do they have planned?

It's amazing how much enjoyment I can get just out of walking through the woods. Literally walking. I think I've fast-traveled maybe four times in 70 hours.

It's the first open-world game that's ever truly captivated me just with its scenery and incidental details.

Same, I even hardly used Roach. The only time I use her is when I feel like having a companion when trekking through the amazing world that CDPR crafted.

So I just reached Skellige and am considering purchasing HoS. Is it a new area? Also, whats with the season pass? 24.99 but HoS is 9.99? What do they have planned?

HoS extended the northeast of the Velen map. Quite a big area.

The 2nd expansion Blood and Wine is supposed to be twice as long as HoS and feature a completely new area, which IIRC is as big as Velen or sth like that. It costs 20$.

HoS extended the northeast of the Velen map. Quite a big area.

The 2nd expansion Blood and Wine is supposed to be twice as long as HoS and feature a completely new area, which IIRC is as big as Velen or sth like that. It costs 20$.

Thanks!
Does matter if I finish the base game and start HoS after?

Lettuce

I think the games glitched for me in getting the Feline Silver Sword - Enhanced!!.

I have completed the, Scavenger Hunt: Cat School Gear Upgrade Diagrams - Parts 1 & 2, so i should have the diagram for the Feline Silver Sword - Enhanced correct??, i have the Enhanced Steel Sword Diagram but not the Silver sword enhanced!!?

MadYarpen

I think the games glitched for me in getting the Feline Silver Sword - Enhanced!!.

I have completed the, Scavenger Hunt: Cat School Gear Upgrade Diagrams - Parts 1 & 2, so i should have the diagram for the Feline Silver Sword - Enhanced correct??, i have the Enhanced Steel Sword Diagram but not the Silver sword enhanced!!?

Sometimes numbers of scavenger hunt quests are weird, and maybe the last diagram will be in part 3

Lettuce

Sometimes numbers of scavenger hunt quests are weird, and maybe the last diagram will be in part 3

Well ive completed part 3 as well. I have gone into completed quests and for part 2 it doesnt even mention the Silver Sword as a sub quest just steel sword, in part 3 it mentions both steel and silver but that will be for the superior swords

I am so turned off at the game right now.

I just cleared a bandit camp with probably at least 10 bandits. It took forever since enemies were at least 5 levels higher. My sword dropped below 50%. Their corpses were frozen mid air which I thought was amusing. I picked up all dat sweet sweet loot from the corpses. I was overburdened already when I saw honey. I burned it then suddenly the game froze. Music kept playing. I waited but nothing. I reloaded the game and now all the corpses are gone. No loot.

I burned it then suddenly the game froze. Music kept playing. I waited but nothing.

Do you have anything overclocked? CPU? GPU?

This sounds like your GPU crashed but cannot recover.

Unstable CPU can mess shit up too.

If yes, try lower the OC, up voltage, revert back to stock, whatever, make it stable.

Anyway, last but not least, try verifying the game files.

PS4 version, lol. I can still go to other PS4 menus fine.

I wish I still had my gaming PC. Reloading saves takes forever but I heard it's like 5 secs with an SSD on the PC (but barely helps on SSD+PS4).

PS4 version, lol. I can still go to other PS4 menus fine.

I wish I still had my gaming PC. Reloading saves takes forever but I heard it's like 5 secs with an SSD on the PC (but barely helps on SSD+PS4).

Then rebuild your database at least.

I heard it fixed a lot of weird problems as well.

NotBacon

I am so turned off at the game right now.

I just cleared a bandit camp with probably at least 10 bandits. It took forever since enemies were at least 5 levels higher. My sword dropped below 50%. Their corpses were frozen mid air which I thought was amusing. I picked up all dat sweet sweet loot from the corpses. I was overburdened already when I saw honey. I burned it then suddenly the game froze. Music kept playing. I waited but nothing. I reloaded the game and now all the corpses are gone. No loot.

Odd, I'm almost done with my second playthrough so I probably have over a hundred hours in the game, and I've never had the game just freeze like that. Weird glitches sure but never a freeze.

MadYarpen

I can confirm, I had 1 crash during 1st playthrough. Now I've beaten the game twice + HoS, and besides that 1, I had no problems.

I've had about 3 crashes on PS4 with over 80hrs in my first playthrough. I've also had the controller just disconnect a handful of times.

One thing I really dislike about the story is how they make Radovid literally Dark Fantasy Hitler. There's nothing to like about him at all. Disappointing cause CD Projekt usually does well at writing morally grey factions/countries.

Lettuce

Just completed the game and got the worst possible ending which im a bit bummed about, didnt think i picked anything too negative and reading up on the choices some of them aren't very clean cut as to being positive or negative! :(

I hope with
Ciri being dead
doesn't effect any of the 2 big DLC story packs?

One thing I really dislike about the story is how they make Radovid literally Dark Fantasy Hitler. There's nothing to like about him at all. Disappointing cause CD Projekt usually does well at writing morally grey factions/countries.

I think this is a bit of a non issue since there is plenty of morally grey stuff going on in the game, sometimes its just fine to have to a character that is crazy and warped. Radovid is just a side villain in the game and I felt his character was just fine for the role he had in the game. Maybe if he was the main villain and story revolved around him it would have hindered it, but as it was I felt like it worked. The guy was fucking nuts, not every bad guy has to have some sort of redeemable qualities or something.

To be honest I wouldn't be all that surprised if it doesn't come out till later in the year and they show it properly at e3. I imagine it's probably bigger than most people are expecting especially since it's the last Geralt story I could easily imagine it just expanding in scope as development went on. Plus we know they will be at e3 and we know they aren't going to talk about cyberpunk

As eager as I am regarding Blood and Wine, the more time they take the better I feel.

This will be the final goodbye for Geralt, I want them to expand it as much as possible.

Reading about the cut parts for the main game killed me, so make this last chance the best you can CDPR, I can wait.

Where can you read about cut parts?

IIRC, the only thing they cut was an Ice skating boss battle with Ciri.

They couldn't figure out how to make it work because they couldn't figure out how to do a proper tutorial because this was literally the only time in the whole game where you did it and they couldn't make it work.

IIRC, the only thing they cut was an Ice skating boss battle with Ciri.

They couldn't figure out how to make it work because they couldn't figure out how to do a proper tutorial because this was literally the only time in the whole game where you did it and they couldn't make it work.

I think you could originally hook up with the hot snooty var Attre girl that you teach how to swordfight as well. Too bad they took that out, such a flirtatious dynamic between her and Geralt that ends up going nowhere. Not every girl is going to want Geralt's dick though so I suppose it's more realistic like that.

I really want to finish both The Witcher 1 and 2 before starting with the third game in this franchise.

I'm currently playing through The Witcher 1. I'm still in chapter 1, but so far the story and atmosphere seem pretty good while I personally dislike the combat system.

Do you guys have any advice or general tips for the first game?
(kind of OT so I hope it's okay to ask)

Whats with the weird camera bug while in Undvik? It gets right up on the back of Geralts head. It's happened several times now.

On PS4

Edit: Undvik keeps giving

CgQBFJX.jpg

frontovik

Banned
I really want to finish both The Witcher 1 and 2 before starting with the third game in this franchise.

I'm currently playing through The Witcher 1. I'm still in chapter 1, but so far the story and atmosphere seem pretty good while I personally dislike the combat system.

Do you guys have any advice or general tips for the first game?
(kind of OT so I hope it's okay to ask)

- If you want Geralt to move faster, use the Cat/Fast sword stance while moving, it will help out when you get to the swamps.

- The swamp is a pain, but just bear with it; the game gets much better as you progress.

- Use Aard and invest some points in its stun effects to one shot mobs and certain bosses. You should also invest in Group Sword style and Igni.

- Silver swords for monsters, steel for humans.

- Don't rely on torches for lighting in caves/crypts, use a Cat potion.

- Don't worry too much about weapons/armour upgrades, as you get a quest line to obtain legendary armour near the end of the game.

- You've mentioned you like the story and atmosphere; just let it soak in and appreciate the details as you progress through Vizima.

Coreda

Whats with the weird camera bug while in Undvik? It gets right up on the back of Geralts head. It's happened several times now.

On PS4

I've experienced the ultra close camera angle bug numerous times on PC in various parts of Skellige. Nauseating. Thought they patched it but maybe it still exists on PS4.

There was also a jumping bug where Geralt would continuous jump, and it would persist after reloads until you restarted the game. Seems like they fixed that though.

Lettuce

Whats the deal with the Teigr Witcher equipment?, just done the small 'Take What you Want' mission after completing the 'Where the cat and wolf play' contract and found a Teigr Steel Sword in a chest. It has.......

1 equal attribute value
4 increased attribute values
1 more additional attribute
does 40 more damage

compared to my Feline Steel Sword Superior!!

Is there a Teigr armor set or silver sword as this Teigr sword seem one of the best ive picked up?

MadYarpen

Whats the deal with the Teigr Witcher equipment?, just done the small 'Take What you Want' mission after completing the 'Where the cat and wolf play' contract and found a Teigr Steel Sword in a chest. It has.......

1 equal attribute value
4 increased attribute values
1 more additional attribute
does 40 more damage

compared to my Feline Steel Sword Superior!!

Is there a Teigr armor set or silver sword as this Teigr sword seem one of the best ive picked up?
I think i remember better swords.
But i haven't seen teigr armor.

I've experienced the ultra close camera angle bug numerous times on PC in various parts of Skellige. Nauseating. Thought they patched it but maybe it still exists on PS4.

There was also a jumping bug where Geralt would continuous jump, and it would persist after reloads until you restarted the game. Seems like they fixed that though.

Yeah, so far it has only happened in Undvik. I've cleared most of the island except the tower, so I'll likely end up back there :/

Mindlog

Oh really? You're going to leave us at this opportune time when the quest can be extended out or rolled into something new. I bet nothing is going to happen to you -_-

MrDaravon

Finally starting this up; I didn't get the game right at launch and I picked it up at $40 like 2 months later but I got caught in the vortex of them putting out major patches so I waited until those seemed to stop coming, but by that point I was already deep into Fall releases. ANYWAY I'm only a few hours in and enjoying it quite a bit, two quick very beginner questions:

-Is it generally better to sell or break down items that can be broken down into crafting stuff? It seems like most items that can be broken down aren't worth very much gold so far so that seems the better option, but for example I have a million Blunt Axes from pillaging that one battlefield at the beginning and those seem to sell for an actually okay amount of money. I vaguely recall money being a bit of an issue in Witcher 2. Is there a general rule of thumb on this or does it just really depend on the item?

-Do alchemy plants etc out in the world respawn with any sort of frequency, aka am I wasting my time grabbing all of them?

I sell everything, lol. I'd rather have the money for repairs. The mats you get from common items are can be bought for cheap anyway.

Plants respawn pretty quick.

Top Bottom