• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Swipe the touchpad up on the DS4. I didn't figure this out for a very long time and I only figured it out on accident when my finger accidentally brushed over the touchpad.

It's still the full map, but at least it takes less time to get there.

Thanks, but I know of that :p

I want to bring up the hud and hide it at will. They can easily put this on ps4 but im sas that its not there

Screw you and your two friends, Royal Wyvern. Seriously. At level 6-7 these level 21 turds took an eternity to defeat. Fuck.

And after all the trouble I get a measly 192 coins because it was a contract I stumbled upon lol

LcLb.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Finally finished Hearts of Stone. Really enjoyed it!

It certainly took me longer than the estimated 10 hours or so the developers mentioned.

Dineren

Banned
I really need to get back to Hearts of Stone. I originally started it right after beating the game, but all the enemies were taking forever to kill, so I ended up taking a break which I have yet to come back from. I guess I just need to find a better weapon before trying it again.

I'm curious, playing this for the first time is it even possible to reach level 35 in your first run? Or is it only possible in New Game Plus?

I have hearts of stone but the level requirement is 32 and I don't even think with clearing all missions/sidequests and contracts I'll reach it.

I'm curious, playing this for the first time is it even possible to reach level 35 in your first run? Or is it only possible in New Game Plus?

I have hearts of stone but the level requirement is 32 and I don't even think with clearing all missions/sidequests and contracts I'll reach it.

I got to level 35 on my first run. It was a pretty close call, and at the end there I had to go clear out a few abandoned sites because all the enemies were giving 1 xp but abandoned sites still gave 150.

I played on Death March, I don't know if that matters or not. I did a lot of side quests really early on before progressing stories, so maybe that helped, but if you wait too long to do a quest and then go back to it, everything will be shit xp.

Coreda

Trying a new masquerade style equip for fun. I should try that mod that allows wearing NPC clothes, since there are various clothes that would work better together.

frontandbackcskoi.jpg

MadYarpen

I got 34 and killing first 34 lvl nekker in HoS gave me 35, so it is possible. I didn't even do all subquests and monsterhunts.

cackhyena

Fuck me, I'm obsessed with this game. Can't believe how long I ignored it. I've stopped halfway through to watch a "movie" someone has put up of Witcher 2 to get more acquainted with the situation. I like all the foreshadowing of what was to come in what I'm playing now.

And hoo boy is this game a leap and a half forward in visuals.

mileS

Are you thrown back in the game world after you finish the main quest? I'm on the Final Prep quest now, about level 33. I'd like to start HoS after the main story if I could.

Are you thrown back in the game world after you finish the main quest? I'm on the Final Prep quest now, about level 33. I'd like to start HoS after the main story if I could.

Yes, but I personally recommend doing HoS before the end. Most other main characters
dissapear
after the endings, so the world feels kind of empty. Plus, Triss, Yen and Ciri have a small bit of dialogue relating to the DLC, so I feel it's better to do it before the end.

Is 35 the level you get the trophy/achievement for? If so I got it on my first playthrough and this was pre hearts of stone.

III-V

I got to level 35 on my first run. It was a pretty close call, and at the end there I had to go clear out a few abandoned sites because all the enemies were giving 1 xp but abandoned sites still gave 150.

I played on Death March, I don't know if that matters or not. I did a lot of side quests really early on before progressing stories, so maybe that helped, but if you wait too long to do a quest and then go back to it, everything will be shit xp.

Yes, you can do it on your first play through. I purposefully did not finish main quest to band out the DLC first, and I bout the game at launch, hehe. Going to finish B&W and then complete the game and set it down for good.

Any consensus on what set of Witcher gear is the overall best? I understand they each supplement different styles of play but even after guides I'm still undecided.

Any consensus on what set of Witcher gear is the overall best? I understand they each supplement different styles of play but even after guides I'm still undecided.

The bleed bonus from the Cat set was incredibly helpful for the entire game. The first set with the short sleeves is one of my favourite looks in the game.

MadYarpen

The bleed bonus from the Cat set was incredibly helpful for the entire game. The first set with the short sleeves is one of my favourite looks in the game.

Yeah it's good.

I used cat/ursine/wolf through my 2 playthroughs or the outfit from the w
edding
in HoS, which is a surprisingly good light armor and looks nice.

Overall I think I like wolf's looks the most, it also has good stats and isn't heavy armor. Plus, IIRC it gives some sign boost, which helps considering I have 0 points spent in signs tree. So maybe it is not obious, but IMO it goes well with sword/alchemy build.

Also, I cannot wait to try out the
serpent/snake (I have PL version so I can only guess translation)
set you can purchase during
the auction
in HoS. It is lvl 39 though, so probably I'll use it in Blood & Wine expansion.

mileS

It seems like a lot of people go Bear school for the final version. Can't blame them really it looks amazing. I just don't know if I can give up medium armor. Wolf school is great for how I play. Hard to give up that stam regen. I know there's some crazy things you can do with adrenaline points to cast almost as much, but I haven't tried any of those builds yet.

Hard to find really good build guides from what I've searched.

Coreda

There's an enchantment in HoS that enables all worn armor to be seen by active abilities/effects as either light/medium/heavy regardless of its type, though I'm not sure if the inherent bonuses carry over. Has anyone tried it?

Also, Witch Hunters in Hierarch Square now seem unamused by my Signs.

OMCNk7a.gif

Must be since a certain patch since I've noticed they don't become aggressive so quickly elsewhere, whereas previously they'd fight after just the second taunt.

MadYarpen

It seems like a lot of people go Bear school for the final version. Can't blame them really it looks amazing. I just don't know if I can give up medium armor. Wolf school is great for how I play. Hard to give up that stam regen. I know there's some crazy things you can do with adrenaline points to cast almost as much, but I haven't tried any of those builds yet.

Hard to find really good build guides from what I've searched.

Honestly the game is not that difficult, looks like you are over analyzing it :)

I completed the game and never once felt like I had to have certain armour to do it. The game is fairly easy. I'm sure it has small effects but nothing do drastic it really alters the game.

mileS

Honestly the game is not that difficult, looks like you are over analyzing it :)

Not really. The game can be whatever difficulty it wants I was mostly commenting on playstyle. For someone that likes throwing signs out at a decent rate its hard to give up medium armor.

ColdPizza

Banned
I'm in Novigrad doing Dandelion stuff. I don't think I've come across any Witcher armor. Is that late game stuff?

There are some low level missions (start in the teens) that you can start now for the initial sets...later on through exploration or buying maps from armor and weapons vendors will have quests for upgrade diagrams for enchanced, superior, and mastercrafted sets.

Sai

I'm in Novigrad doing Dandelion stuff. I don't think I've come across any Witcher armor. Is that late game stuff?
You need to find the diagrams for them. Diagrams for the initial Cat set can be found there in Novigrad, and the Griffin set's in Velen.

Purchase those maps from weapon & armor merchants to point you in the right direction.

MadYarpen

Not really. The game can be whatever difficulty it wants I was mostly commenting on playstyle. For someone that likes throwing signs out at a decent rate its hard to give up medium armor.

True! If we are talking about playstyle, then picking a proper armor can make a big difference. As I said few posts back - I like sword/alchemy build with use of medium armor. So far I did not really make heavy armor work as well as light/medium with my builds.

Coreda

It's curious that CDPR added a couple chests that were clearly intended as rewards/incentives for rooftop exploration. I wonder if anything further was planned but they didn't pursue it.

Found this lootable chest recently between the Port and Glory Gate wall:

There's the visible chest above the archway in the Oxenfurt market:

And several will have found the chest within the house under construction in Oxenfurt, the path of which is designed accessibly for the player.

---

Unrelated, but I've wondered if there was anything more to this underwater cave off Larvik in Skellige. I can dive roughly half way down but the game has always prevented Geralt from diving further to the
Giant shell that's highlighted with Witcher senses

Coreda

Even with the Killer Whale potion? I need to check this out.

Yeah. Seem to only be able to go part the way to the bottom where things are. Sent a bug report about it and some other things months ago but I'd be interested if anyone else experienced this, or if there's any other purpose to the area.

Progressing bit by bit. Currently on the quest to look for the hunter's wife in the woods. I'm playing on Hard but seems like the game gives more than enough food to sustain me.

1. How exactly does looting work? Do I get immediate feedback that I've been caught stealing? I robbed a few houses and even looted in front of a maid, but she was staring at the floor.

2. Is there a shortcut for the map? I'd appreciate something a bit faster than open menu -> world map.

I'm playing on PS4 and I absolutely HATE the load times every time I die. I think it takes almost a minute. The quest where you defend some peasant from ghouls near a camp was obnoxious. He tries to fight and just gets oneshot. I can't kill ghouls quickly enough. I have absolutely no problem fighting them but not with a suicidal AI. This is just so disappointing. I heard that the PC version on SSD is like 2-5 seconds, and that SSDs barely help Witcher 3 on reloads.

MadYarpen

Progressing bit by bit. Currently on the quest to look for the hunter's wife in the woods. I'm playing on Hard but seems like the game gives more than enough food to sustain me.

1. How exactly does looting work? Do I get immediate feedback that I've been caught stealing? I robbed a few houses and even looted in front of a maid, but she was staring at the floor.

2. Is there a shortcut for the map? I'd appreciate something a bit faster than open menu -> world map.

I'm playing on PS4 and I absolutely HATE the load times every time I die. I think it takes almost a minute. The quest where you defend some peasant from ghouls near a camp was obnoxious. He tries to fight and just gets oneshot. I can't kill ghouls quickly enough. I have absolutely no problem fighting them but not with a suicidal AI. This is just so disappointing. I heard that the PC version on SSD is like 2-5 seconds, and that SSDs barely help Witcher 3 on reloads.

1. You get into trouble for stealing only if guards can see it.
2. Swipe the touchpad on DS4

Loading times are painfull, only things that makes them better is that soon your character will be strong enough not to die so often.

Dries

It's curious that CDPR added a couple chests that were clearly intended as rewards/incentives for rooftop exploration. I wonder if anything further was planned but they didn't pursue it.

Found this lootable chest recently between the Port and Glory Gate wall:

There's the visible chest above the archway in the Oxenfurt market:

And several will have found the chest within the house under construction in Oxenfurt, the path of which is designed accessibly for the player.

---

To be honest, I've found that a lot of chests are scattered about in similar fashion all over the place. Nothing special I think.

Coreda

To be honest, I've found that a lot of chests are scattered about in similar fashion all over the place. Nothing special I think.

I suspect the two above the rooftops were intentionally positioned since the paths to them seem designed to be quite accessible unlike many rooftops. The red tiled rooftops leading to the Novigrad wall spot for example is trivial to climb, unlike all other paths above the walls I've found, and leads neatly to the chest.

After climbing over much of Novigrad I've yet to see other such chests that are lootable, which is a pity as it's quite fun and I secretly hoped I'd find some rewards/easter eggs ;)

Respect

Was the threshold for being too high a level for a quest before you get little/no exp been increased? Maybe I am just forgetting since it has been many months since I leveled.

Edit: Not sure if I'm more excited for new Gwent cards/etc. (Skellige Deck maybe?) or a new story in Blood and Wine...either way can't wait.

mileS

Was the threshold for being too high a level for a quest before you get little/no exp been increased? Maybe I am just forgetting since it has been many months since I leveled.

Edit: Not sure if I'm more excited for new Gwent cards/etc. (Skellige Deck maybe?) or a new story in Blood and Wine...either way can't wait.

Is there any word on a Gwent mobile game? It needs tweaking for sure but I would so be down for it

Blood and Wine is going to be great. The same work ethic for patching/tweaking the game (overall support) must transfer over well to finishing it off these past months.

Need more Gwent in my life. A mobile game would be incredible. I don't care if a lot of decks get a little samey, just give me more cards I'm good.

Top Bottom