• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

dmix90

How to add game to Steam.

Download: http://bitly.com/StoreAppLauncher_Beta2 or old version http://bitly.com/StoreAppLauncher_Beta
Please read README file.
Source code: https://github.com/dmix90/StoreAppLauncher

1. Copy->Paste StoreAppLauncher_xXX executable file to directory you are comfortable with. In my case it is 'D:\Games\WindowsStore\_Games\' rename file to an appropriate name( this is optional, but you need unique name for an executable or steam will overwrite launch parameters if you have multiple applications added )
2. Add this executable to steam as a Non-Steam Game as usual.
3. Find what you added in your library, Right click->Properties.
4. Set unique app ID as a launch parameter for this executable like this:
CyECWlf.png

( "bp" parameter is optional, use it you want to have an ability to Alt+Tab from game by holding for ~0.5seconds Back+Start+LeftTrigger on your XInput gamepad )
5. Let me know how it works!

Killer Instinct Application ID: Microsoft.KillerInstinct-Win10_8wekyb3d8bbwe!KillerInstinct.App

Low effort grid view icon( someone please make a decent one! ):
R2iq7jo.jpg

Did not test with this game yet( still downloading ) but should work fine in theory :)) Works!

shandy706

Looking forward to digging into this after (maybe some during) Quantum Break!

KI is soooo goood.

ONE LINER
Jago
Hey, you wanna be a farmer? Here’s a couple of achers! - Arnold Schwarzenegger, The Last Action Hero

Sorry, that line cracks me up...X-D

Dinjoralo

Well, uh... false alarm. Turns out I was calculating the download time wrong. It's actually going to be two hours, which works for me since I still have classes.

shoreu

Got some manuals with arbiter that are easy.

Do either the extend version or shadow version of truth seeker or mercy's demise and hit double medium punches or medium hard.

tariniel

PC stick question: Can I use a PS3 stick with this by emulating keyboard controls via something like Joy2Key? Or perhaps X360CE to emulate an xbox controller? I do this for Street Fighter V but just want to see if anyone has tried it. I'm at work or I'd do it myself.

bman94

Yeah, you can buy colors and accessories with gold or unlocking them by grinding for character XP. They'll unlock as you progress.

yes. skins are bound to progression. however there is exclusive costumes available only to the ultra packs.

Color 9s are available by leveling your character to 50 (cannot buy them)
Color 10s/11s are exclusive to people who buy their corresponding action figure (also cannot buy them)

Damn, so if I want the Retro costumes I can just forget about it then.

The Ultra packs for all seasons have been £31.99 at launch.

Yeah sorry I meant in terms of content. I don't see how the DLC packs amount to £32s worth of content. I didn't mind Season 1 but Season 2 and Season 3 just seem far too overpriced.

Well, uh... false alarm. Turns out I was calculating the download time wrong. It's actually going to be two hours, which works for me since I still have classes.

Which is funny because this 21 GB install is going faster than a 6 GB install for SFV. No idea

Chucker

Surely Windows 10 store will ask me where to install Killer Instinct right?

SHIRLEY IT WILL RIGHT?

tumblr_norvwwZ0Ia1tdihcbo1_400.gif

At least it's downloading quickly.

It doesn't, and since it's the first thing I've downloaded from the Win10 store, I didn't know to change my storage settings.

It installed to my SSD Boot drive and won't launch because it only had 1gb of storage left.

Off to download 21 gigs again! My ISP is probably like "Why did this fool pull down 63 gigs today?"

Azzawon

Yeah sorry I meant in terms of content. I don't see how the DLC packs amount to £32s worth of content. I didn't mind Season 1 but Season 2 and Season 3 just seem far too overpriced.

I think Season 1 and 2 have been fair given the inclusion of KI 1 & 2 Classic, but Season 3 for me seems a bit much. They've just replaced the inclusion of a KI Classic game with double XP and 18,000 KI Gold.

Jarlaxle

Amazing OP Flash!

Can't wait to get on later tonight. I really fell off after Aria was released. A year and a half of playing almost nightly finally wore me out a little but I'm ready to get back on board for season 3.

ONE LINER:
Fulgore
"Hey Claudius! You killed my father! Big mistake! " - Arnold from Last Action Hero

jfoul

I'm EST and my game still hasn't started updating on Xbox One. Under manage game it allowed me to download Rash....

I'm not about to uninstall the whole damn game to trigger the update.

Sydle

It doesn't, and since it's the first thing I've downloaded from the Win10 store, I didn't know to change my storage settings.

It installed to my SSD Boot drive and won't launch because it only had 1gb of storage left.

Off to download 21 gigs again! My ISP is probably like "Why did this fool pull down 63 gigs today?"

Couldn't you move it within the Storage settings?

Storage
Click on the drive where it installed
Click Apps & Games
Click on Killer Instinct
Click Move

Doikor

So i got to play on windows. Seems like the game limits fps to your screens fps. Thus I'm playing KI at 165fps instead of the 60 it should be played at. Changing refresh rate from my monitor seems to fix it but kinda annoying.

edit: Also seems to tear a shitton when i set my screen to 60hz (which fixes itself after a few alt tabs weird...)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So i got to play on windows. Seems like the game limits fps to your screens fps. Thus I'm playing KI at 165fps instead of the 60 it should be played at. Changing refresh rate from my monitor seems to fix it but kinda annoying.

Oh snap, that should probably be fixed because the game should only run at 60 lol

derFeef

edit: Also seems to tear a shitton when i set my screen to 60hz (which fixes itself after a few alt tabs weird...)

framerate is going to quick to be playable, anyone else having this problem? guessing physics and shit are locked to the fps.

I tweeted Keits, hopefully they can fix it fast.

eHNzlOf.png

hwalker84

You could've went into setting and moved the app. No need to redownload it.

Synth

Holy shit, that OP is godlike.

I'm having this chibi Spinal. I don't even play as him, but that grin is too good, lol.

Is Jago the best starting character for someone fresh to KI coming from Street Fighter?

IG has said a few times they recommend Jago and Sabrewulf from season 1, TJ Combo and Riptor from season 2 and Tusk and Rash from season 3 as the easiest characters to start out with.

Jago is probably the most universal, jack of all trades character though so it's a good starting point.

Top Bottom