• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 12, 2016 (Mar 21 - Mar 27)

Ōkami

On Famitsu retail + digital news

Minecraft on Vita is less than 27k from a million, the game has sold more than all God Eater releases on the system combined.

This has been mentioned already, but Dark Souls III already outsold the original release of Bloodborne (that's only retail copies), there's to consider that the later was given away for free for many weeks so potential legs were killed, nonetheless when adding Bloodborne + Old Hunters+ Digital the difference between the two is about 60k.

There are now over 150 retail releases on PS4, nearly twice as many as Wii U.

Speaking of Wii U, Splatoon should hit 1.4m in a few weeks, Nintendo's own numbers will make it sure, but as it stands now Splatoon is bigger than what Tekken and Pokémon on home consoles ever were, with how it's selling it should also outsell any Zelda and Kingdom Hearts game. Many months ago I compared Splatoon sales to that of the original Resident Evil, Pokémon and Yokai Watch, while there's no point on comparing it to Pokémon, Splatoon already outsold the first Yokai Watch and Resident Evil and should also be outselling Resident Evil 3, though no other Yokai Watch game.

Super Mario Maker also above 900k now.

The difference between Animal Crossing: New Leaf + Happy Price and Pokémon X / Y is lower than 30k now.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wouldn´t similar games and IPs be affected the same way? We´ll see how YW3 and Pkmn M/S will perform this year.

It depends on what type of issue exists. If it's fundamental market decay, I would say yes. If it's that no one wants to buy DQMJ3 because they like Yokai Watch and Pokemon better and there's new entries in both of those coming out this year, then it's less of an issue.

I would say it's a mix of the two for DQM. The Japanese market is in increasingly rough shape, but the other two games are working very hard on maintaining mindshare with both existing and emerging audiences whereas this is a spin-off product of a series that's a bit different and wasn't treated as a flagship release for the company.

Or, put another way, I think it's entirely possible that both Yokai Watch 3 and Pokemon Sun/Moon debut lower than their predecessors, but I don't expect them to be down 45% entry over entry.

You think some of the bigger publishers like square and namco are going to market thier games more aggressively in the west?
I would say they have been, but I don't think that works for everything.

Star Ocean is on track to do quite poorly for example, and I think that's a much harder pitch overseas than Naruto.

test_account

XP-39C²
At this point I would have to repeat myself, but long story short, I disagree with the following.

Since I have made my point clear, I won´t continue this topic today.
Fair enough. Personally, i think it would take more than this specific ad campaign to really make or break anything. I dont live in Japan, so i can be wrong, but i'm not under the impression that the stores are flooded with used copies of DQJ3, resulting in those who first got aware of the game some days after launch are all buying used copies instead.

I have to admit that i find it pity that you wont give any answer regarding my question on the comment where you claimed that i was constantly implying something, eventhough you admit that it was clear what i was talking about.

SS

ßig

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, i don't see why people expect legs for Joker 3...

Joker 3 is different from the previous Dragon Quest games on the 3DS in that it's an original game. Also golden week might help.

Darius

Banned
It depends on what type of issue exists. If it's fundamental market decay, I would say yes. If it's that no one wants to buy DQMJ3 because they like Yokai Watch and Pokemon better and there's new entries in both of those coming out this year, then it's less of an issue.

I would say it's a mix of the two for DQM. The Japanese market is in increasingly rough shape, but the other two games are working very hard on maintaining mindshare with both existing and emerging audiences whereas this is a spin-off product of a series that's a bit different and wasn't treated as a flagship release for the company.

Or, put another way, I think it's entirely possible that both Yokai Watch 3 and Pokemon Sun/Moon debut lower than their predecessors, but I don't expect them to be down 45% entry over entry.

I would say they have been, but I don't think that works for everything.

Star Ocean is on track to do quite poorly for example, and I think that's a much harder pitch overseas than Naruto.

That´s the point, while the companies behind Pkmn and YW3 will most likely "work to maintain mindshare" which to an important extant also means to market it adequately, this work doesn´t seem to have been put behind DQMJ3 in the marketing department. Nothing that they´ve done actually reminded of marketing campaigns of similar successful 3rd party products, if we didn´t knew better, based on the attention/resources it got you could have easily mistaken the effort for a niche to mid-tier game, instead of a series that outsells mainline MGS entries, just to name a series that always got big campaigns in Japan.

About "it´s just a spin-off", considering DQM is an IP with quite a few million-sellers in its portfolio and one of the 3DS remakes got quite close, it may not be their flagship retail IPs, but most definetely one of their most important ones in Japan, regardless of how it´s actually valued within the company.

If DQJ3 will be the only of the big 3 of the genre on 3DS to get a severe decline, despite having the audience on board (a DQ8 port confirmed it again not too long ago), there´s quite a big chance that it´s mostly due to lack of " working very hard on maintaining mindshare", which is really ridiculous when it comes to a potential million seller. Especially in a time when they finance flops like Setsuna and StarOcean 5 doesn´t really seem that promising sales-wise either.

horuhe

It seems alongside with pre-orders for Yo-Kai, people is buying the Nintendo Selects. So, even though despite not being high due to holiday on last Monday, it is expected an increase for those titles, especially New Leaf.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Flat numbers for DS3, even if digital sales were to be a very optimistic guesstimate of about 20% of fw.

20% at first week comes only if there is short supply at retail or special editions at digital.

Either way digital sales are even more frontloaded than boxed.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That´s the point, while the companies behind Pkmn and YW3 will most likely "work to maintain mindshare" which to an important extant also means to market it adequately, this work doesn´t seem to have been put behind DQMJ3 in the marketing department. Nothing that they´ve done actually reminded of marketing campaigns of similar successful 3rd party products, if we didn´t knew better, based on the attention/resources it got you could have easily mistaken the effort for a niche to mid-tier game, instead of a series that outsells mainline MGS entries, just to name a series that always got big campaigns in Japan.

About "it´s just a spin-off", considering DQM is an IP with quite a few million-sellers in its portfolio and one of the 3DS remakes got quite close, it may not be their flagship retail IPs, but most definetely one of their most important ones in Japan, regardless of how it´s actually valued within the company.

If DQJ3 will be the only of the big 3 of the genre on 3DS to get a severe decline, despite having the audience on board (a DQ8 port confirmed it again not too long ago), there´s quite a big chance that it´s mostly due to lack of " working very hard on maintaining mindshare", which is really ridiculous when it comes to a potential million seller. Especially in a time when they finance flops like Setsuna and StarOcean 5 doesn´t really seem that promising sales-wise either.
I guess there's an extent to which I agree, but I think it's a more fundamental issue than "run advertisements for Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 in particular".

These types of games are overwhelmingly bought by children, and it's been a long time since there was a mainline Dragon Quest game that was easily accessible by them. There's no current Dragon Quest anime or manga series, and they don't seem to be going all in on toy and merchandizing opportunities for the IP specifically targeted at children.

The stuff they've been putting out feels like stuff designed to entertain existing Dragon Quest fans and get them ready for the release of the next mainline game, but for the most part I don't get the sense of an IP going after drumming up new, young audiences very aggressively. Maybe Dragon Quest Builders is the most apt thing for that, but it's also quite expensive. heroes strikes me as something that targets an audience old enough that they assuredly know about and have played Dragon Quest already.

Yokai Watch started really taking off when the anime came out and the merchandizing got out in force. Nintendo similarly has been ramping up their merchandizing and licensing businesses significantly in an effort to recapture children that they're losing contact with by no longer being the default children's gaming device. Square Enix is a publisher who should consider increasing their efforts in this area.

If Dragon Quest was a super hot IP among children, I don't think we'd be having this discussion even with tame promotion and advertising for DQMJ3 itself.

L~A

It seems alongside with pre-orders for Yo-Kai, people is buying the Nintendo Selects. So, even though despite not being high due to holiday on last Monday, it is expected an increase for those titles, especially New Leaf.

I remember someone pointing out/explaining sales of old games frequently went up when a popular game came out... I believe it was Nintendo themselves, not sure.

But not too surprised to be honest (well, I was surprised to see Tomodachi Life selling more during its second week than during the launch week, ha ha). Especially for New Leaf which is going to sell a lot this year (pretty sure it'll sell at least 100k before the end of the year).

I mean, even before the HPS, it was frequently popping back (generally during holiday weeks), despite launching in 2012. So now that it has a budget release... Tomodachi Life, on the other hand, stopped selling significant amount pretty fast, so that HPS release is a godsend for it.

horuhe

I remember someone pointing out/explaining sales of old games frequently went up when a popular game came out... I believe it was Nintendo themselves, not sure.

But not too surprised to be honest (well, I was surprised to see Tomodachi Life selling more during its second week than during the launch week, ha ha). Especially for New Leaf which is going to sell a lot this year (pretty sure it'll sell at least 100k before the end of the year).

I mean, even before the HPS, it was frequently popping back (generally during holiday weeks), despite launching in 2012. So now that it has a budget release... Tomodachi Life, on the other hand, stopped selling significant amount pretty fast, so that HPS release is a godsend for it.

Yeah, this is a quite refreshing way to sell games that had some potential wether or not that potential was not taken profit by.

Not only those two. I really want to see Dengeki figures. Luigi's Mansion 2 on Happy Price has sold incredible well, also. Moving out the Happy Price, Dragon Quest VIII also got some movement, so it could reappear on Top 50.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
So September 30 for FFXV
How does that look for ps4 outlook this year?

I thought was holidays release for a lot of time, but yeah, looks like is 99% confirmed is September now...

In that case i expect the Metal Gear V boost with bigger numbers.

Like 100K or more and back to the original basis in 2/3 weeks.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
20% at first week comes only if there is short supply at retail or special editions at digital.

Either way digital sales are even more frontloaded than boxed.

I 100% agree, that's what I meant with overly "optimistic guesstimate" and why I specifically pointed out fw and not ltd, but my wording wasn't very clear I assume, apologies.

Isn't ~20% digital the average now? Or even higher in Japan?
Not even remotely true.

I don't think it would be very optimistic to think that.

I'm afraid you'd think wrong then.

Oregano

Nirolak a good contrast would be Monster Hunter Stories. Capcom has not only had a longer promotional cycle but also is doing cross media promotion despite the fact it's a spin off of a massive IP with a built in audience.

Also I will say that a lot people see "lack of promotion" as people saying "throw more money at it" but that's not the whole picture. Releasing screens and trailers early wouldn't have cost SE a thing and would have made them appear more confident in the product.

Vena

Nirolak a good contrast would be Monster Hunter Stories. Capcom has not only had a longer promotional cycle but also is doing cross media promotion despite the fact it's a spin off of a massive IP with a built in audience.

Also I will say that a lot people see "lack of promotion" as people saying "throw more money at it" but that's not the whole picture. Releasing screens and trailers early wouldn't have cost SE a thing and would have made them appear more confident in the product.

Monster Hunter Stories is also a completely new idea for the IP and is being presented as such and being made to sound (and look) like it had a huge budget and love/hard work pored into it. It has the potential to inspire interest and confidence your audience of old and in new audiences that learn of the title.

This just goes back to the old discussion of whether or not you make your product look like a worthwhile time for anyone but the corest of core fans, or if you're just here to fart out another sequel with no signs of growth or attempts to improve. (And I say this staring at DS3 as a huge fan of DS1/2... I'm getting tired of the same game in a slightly different setting.)

Not even remotely true.
I believe I was thinking of major AAA titles in the west. I'm sure I heard something like that in a NPD thread. I mixed the number up with Japan.

Could someone with more info clarify this? At least the norm (if there is one) for Japan.

I'm afraid you'd think wrong then.
Why is that? Do you have more information? Or are you just aggressively asserting your position?

Shahed

Isn't the issue with DQ Monsters that Square see they have a really succesful mobile iteration of the game that they don't really care about the retail version on a dedicated platform? The game would have been in development before the mobile versions success so they still released it, but in the end their priorities lied elsewhere.

Heroes doesn't translate as well to mobile mechanically and also probably had support from Sony.

test_account

XP-39C²
Monster Hunter Stories is also a completely new idea for the IP and is being presented as such and being made to sound (and look) like it had a huge budget and love/hard work pored into it. It has the potential to inspire interest and confidence your audience of old and in new audiences that learn of the title.

This just goes back to the old discussion of whether or not you make your product look like a worthwhile time for anyone but the corest of core fans, or if you're just here to fart out another sequel with no signs of growth or attempts to improve. (And I say this staring at DS3 as a huge fan of DS1/2... I'm getting tired of the same game in a slightly different setting.)
Without going into any specifics about Dark Souls 3 (to avoid any spoilers at all), what do you think that could be done to expand the audience with the Souls franchise? (i assume that is what you're referring to when you say improve).

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
I 100% agree, that's what I meant with overly "optimistic guesstimate" and why I specifically pointed out fw and not ltd, but my wording wasn't very clear I assume, apologies.

For LTD unless there are extreme supply problems for weeks, like New Leaf, it is difficult to find games with more than 10-15% digital (not talking for niche 50k sellers) and even then the bigger the number of sales makes digital number less relevant.

Darius

Banned
I guess there's an extent to which I agree, but I think it's a more fundamental issue than "run advertisements for Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 in particular".

These types of games are overwhelmingly bought by children, and it's been a long time since there was a mainline Dragon Quest game that was easily accessible by them. There's no current Dragon Quest anime or manga series, and they don't seem to be going all in on toy and merchandizing opportunities for the IP specifically targeted at children.

The stuff they've been putting out feels like stuff designed to entertain existing Dragon Quest fans and get them ready for the release of the next mainline game, but for the most part I don't get the sense of an IP going after drumming up new, young audiences very aggressively. Maybe Dragon Quest Builders is the most apt thing for that, but it's also quite expensive. heroes strikes me as something that targets an audience old enough that they assuredly know about and have played Dragon Quest already.

Yokai Watch started really taking off when the anime came out and the merchandizing got out in force. Nintendo similarly has been ramping up their merchandizing and licensing businesses significantly in an effort to recapture children that they're losing contact with by no longer being the default children's gaming device. Square Enix is a publisher who should consider increasing their efforts in this area.

If Dragon Quest was a super hot IP among children, I don't think we'd be having this discussion even with tame promotion and advertising for DQMJ3 itself.

They did a poor job overall in marketing this game, I never said just more commercials would have been the solution, they made far more questionable decisions than that. The first gameplay footage was shown just a few weeks before launch in the last Nintendo Direct just to make clear how long their marketing department was sleeping. There is no 3rd party game of a similar popular IP and sales potential that was basically hidden this close to the launchdate.

We have seen 4 remakes of Dragon Quest (+Monsters) and all had similar debuts and lifetime sales on 3DS, which pretty much indicates a significant overlap between the userbase of mainline DQ and DQM games on 3DS, with DQ8 launching fairly recently. These are "just" remakes, and we have seen quite often that these usually don´t perform as well as new entries. I disagree that there was such a sudden drop in the target audience after DQ8, especially if you insist on the kids demographic who actually had an influx in the 3DS userbase due to YW in the recent years, the problem lies more in not even trying to target that audience with their marketing on top of the already existing and rather consistant DQ userbase on the system, that there was no manga or other multimedia co-marketing to target that market even further falls also under SQEX responsibility, especially if it´s really this important for these type of games.

I think there's a pretty clear huge loss of interest.

Whether it be the game itself, the mobile game's astronomical success, or the competitive state of the genre on dedicated devices (Yokai Watch/Pokemon), there looks to be far more fundamental issues than just a weaker promotional push.

I'd say the same about Project Diva. Dark Souls strikes me as likely being driven by fatigue or people who previously picked up the game not liking it, but it's holding more stable than the other two.

I think it's just a trend as showed in the latest weeks when a lot of franchises had worst sales compared to the past.
Lack of interests, switching to mobile, current generation at the end of its cycle, overexposure of certain brands; there are many different reasons behind these results.
For DS3 I think DS2 was the pinnacle, the brand was launched without emphasis and became a hit due to the word of mouth, but as every game there is a point after that sales won't grew up more. For DQM3 I just think that S-E is publishing too many games related to the DQ world, ok it's the 30th anniversary but Builders,Monsters,Heroes just in 6 months is taking things a little far in my opinion.

horuhe

Wii U again topped the daily ranking on Rakuten Books. There are being more continuous shipments of the console, it seems. Mario Maker Set, is sold out of course. But, it's positive no point out there are more shipments.

01./00. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 <RPG> (Square Enix) {2016.03.24} (¥5.250) - 368.665 / NEW
Shame to see such a big drop.

02./00. [PS4] Dark Souls III <RPG> (From Software) {2016.03.24} (¥7.430) - 210.141 / NEW
03./00. [PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X <ACT> (Sega) {2016.03.24} (¥6.990) - 69.438 / NEW
both not doing quite as good as expected

04./00. [PS4] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune # <SPT> (Koei Tecmo) {2016.03.24} (¥8.800) - 44.723 / NEW
06./00. [PSV] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus # <SPT> (Koei Tecmo) {2016.03.24} (¥7.800) - 21.959 / NEW
Pretty decent numbers for DoA

05./01. [WIU] Pokken Tournament # <FTG> (Pokemon Co.) {2016.03.18} (¥7.200) - 28.331 / 98.007 (-59%)
expected a bigger drop. Hope it can drag itself to 150K / 200K

11./04. [3DS] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games <SPT> (Nintendo) {2016.02.18} (¥4.700) - 11.543 / 119.188 (-4%)
barely a drop.

12./06. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.03.19} (¥2.400) - 10.639 / 712.822 (+16%)
15./05. [WIU] Splatoon # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.05.28} (¥5.700) - 8.980 / 1.310.480 (-11%)
17./12. [WIU] Super Mario Maker # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.09.10} (¥5.700) - 7.047 / 829.358 (+12%)
the leg brigade getting small. Splatoon and SMM waiting for that new stock

16./11. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf [Nintendo Selects] <ETC> (Nintendo) {2016.03.17} (¥2.700) - 7.806 / 14.737 (+13%)
19./30. [3DS] Tomodachi Life [Nintendo Selects] <ETC> (Nintendo) {2016.03.17} (¥2.700) - 5.120 / 8.252
the cheaper versions of both charting.

PS4 | 34.377
3DS # | 31.099
PSV # | 20.068
all quite stable
WIU | 4.545
and out of stock again. it really is kind of embarrassing
XB1 | 55
trying to reach a new low but quite there

horuhe

It begins, it's happening! Bic Camera and Sofmap, both starting the campaign for the pre-orders of Final Fantasy XV.
xccX3c0.jpg

wxWWtAn.jpg

Vena

Without going into any specifics about Dark Souls 3 (to avoid any spoilers at all), what do you think that could be done to expand the audience with the Souls franchise? (i assume that is what you're referring to when you say improve).

I think its a matter of fatigue on my part from the games and their rapid release on top of... well, being very similar aside from Bloodborne's distinct shift in setting, themes, and somewhat of a mix-up in mechanics.

Even by the time I had finished DS2, I had started getting the feeling of "been there, done that" with a lot of bosses, ideas, and environments just feeling like slightly altered bosses, ideas, and environments from DS1.

I will still buy DS3 on day one, mind, but if its the same as noted above... I will likely be much more skeptical about the next FROM Soulsborne game because I am frankly getting bored of the formula.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
I do agree with you on that but the difference between DSII and DSIII isn't that huge...

I didn't say DS III has huge difference from DS II. It sold what it was expected to sold. Looking at sales of previous games the franchise has reached its roof. When YSO predictions came out it looked very possible they were inflated since there was no reason to show that kind of growth from DS I and II, with Bloodborne showing what would be expected just 1 year ago.

hiska-kun

Famitsu Retail and Digital Sales: February 2016 (Feb 1 - Feb 28)

01. [PSV] Kan Colle Kai # <SLG> (Kadokawa Games) {2016.02.18} (¥5.800) - 156.884 (15.634) / 172.518
02. [3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final <RPG> (Atlus) {2016.02.10} (¥6.480) - 122.648 (5.803) / 128.451
03. [PSV] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo # <ADV> (Square Enix) {2016.01.28} (¥5.980) - 89.306 (12.303) / 101.609
04. [3DS] Pokemon Red / Green / Blue / Yellow _3DS Virtual Console Dedicated Download Card Special Version_ <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2016.02.27} (¥1.389) - 69.234 (30.290) / 99.524
05. [PS4] Attack on Titan # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2016.02.18} (¥7.800) - 76.789 (11.781) / 88.570
06. [PS4] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.02.04} (¥7.600) - 76.338 (5.086) / 81.424
07. [PSV] Attack on Titan # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2016.02.18} (¥6.800) - 71.998 (4.039) / 76.037
08. [3DS] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games <SPT> (Nintendo) {2016.02.18} (¥4.700) - 69.475 (2.993) / 72.468
09. [PS4] Street Fighter V # <FTG> (Capcom) {2016.02.18} (¥7.990) - 56.555 (14.954) / 71.509
10. [PS4] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo <ADV> (Square Enix) {2016.01.28} (¥7.800) - 58.757 (11.829) / 70.586
11. [WIU] Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash <SPT> (Nintendo) {2016.01.28} (¥4.700) - 55.259 (3.692) / 58.951
12. [PS4] Project Setsuna <RPG> (Square Enix) {2016.02.18} (¥4.800) - 38.985 (10.527) / 49.512
13. [PS3] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo <ADV> (Square Enix) {2016.01.28} (¥6.800) - 42.072 (1.893) / 43.965
14. [PSV] Project Setsuna <RPG> (Square Enix) {2016.02.18} (¥4.800) - 31.863 (5.949) / 37.812
15. [PS3] Attack on Titan # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2016.02.18} (¥7.800) - 35.939 (1.363) / 37.302
16. [PS4] Valkyria Chronicles Remastered <SLG> (Sega) {2016.02.10} (¥4.990) - 30.287 (5.760) / 36.047
17. [WIU] Splatoon # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.05.28} (¥5.700) - 31.759 (3.252) / 35.011
18. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team / White Dog Squad <ACT> (Level 5) {2015.07.11} (¥4.600) - 31.823 (2.125) / 33.948
19. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.03.19} (¥2.400) - 30.192 (3.278) / 33.470
20. [3DS] Monster Hunter Generations # <ACT> (Capcom) {2015.11.28} (¥5.800) - 26.835 (5.601) / 32.436
21. [PS4] Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.02.25} (¥7.200) - 29.366 (2.726) / 32.092
22. [3DS] Monster Strike <RPG> (Mixi) {2015.12.17} (¥4.500) - 25.765 (2.310) / 28.075
23. [3DS] Detective Pikachu: New Combi Birth _3DS Download Software_ |DL| <ADV> (Pokemon Co.) (¥1.388) - 5.471 (21.749) / 27.220
24. [PSV] Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.02.25} (¥6.100) - 22.760 (3.029) / 25.789
25. [3DS] Mega Man Legacy Collection <Mega Man Mega Man 2 Mega Man 3 Mega Man 4 Mega Man 5 Mega Man 6> # <ACT> (Capcom) {2016.02.25} (¥3.990) - 22.955 (2.038) / 24.993
26. [WIU] Super Mario Maker # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.09.10} (¥5.700) - 19.959 (2.282) / 22.241
27. [PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.02.25} (¥7.200) - 20.592 (606) / 21.198
28. [PS4] Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.12.03} (¥2.400) - 10.969 (10.065) / 21.034
29. [3DS] Hyrule Warriors Legends # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2016.01.21} (¥5.800) - 17.745 (2.605) / 20.350
30. [PS4] Yakuza: Kiwami <ADV> (Sega) {2016.01.21} (¥6.490) - 16.106 (2.033) / 18.139

Last week:

18./21. [WII] Momotaro Dentetsu 2010: Sengoku Ishin no Hero Daishuugou! no Maki [Nintendo Selects] <TBL> (Hudson) {2011.01.20} (¥2.667) - 4.719 / 309.637 <80-100%> (+25%)

It's gone this week, but it's still charting high on Amazon (21 and 34), lol.

What's happening?

ranmafan

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8545840.html

Pre-orders for the FFXV collectors addition sold out in a minute.

I have to say from my observations today it was a bit longer than that. The store was insanely jammed and basically gave error after error every time I tried but after 45 minutes I got an order in for one. But certainly it was insanely popular with so many trying to get it. i guess I was lucky. The 7/11 store version was sold out insanely quick though. That seemed like a minute for sure.

Serious, honest question - why is Xbox One hardware still tracked? There must be other things like random retro consoles that generate more meaningful sales.

I keep thinking about getting a Nobunaga game but at this point I have no idea what the meaningful differences between them are,and there are so many of them now. I have fond memories of the 16-bit versions, but the last one I played was Iron Triangle, and it felt drab and not that much fun so I lost touch with the series.

hiska-kun

Serious, honest question - why is Xbox One hardware still tracked? There must be other things like random retro consoles that generate more meaningful sales.

I keep thinking about getting a Nobunaga game but at this point I have no idea what the meaningful differences between them are,and there are so many of them now. I have fond memories of the 16-bit versions, but the last one I played was Iron Triangle, and it felt drab and not that much fun so I lost touch with the series.

Because Microsoft is a Media Create subscriber

Had a little fun with these numbers (and time to spare on my lunch break :p)

So to answer what was talked about regarding the ratio of digital sales with this top

Average digital ratio/title* : 14.61%
Average digital ratio/sales*: 14.88%

*excluding both Pokemon titles as they only are download cards.

Thanks for the numbers!

Factoring 18.97% PS4 digital share would add 41.499 digital units to DSouls 4 placing it at 260.263 units overall on PS4.

Fisico

Now get ready to see kindergarden VGC analysis based on these ratios.

Well if I (or anyone else for that matter) was able to do the same work every month at least a whole year I think we could, on average, get a first good idea of the digital ratio for retail releases.

But yeah a single month without context, while not worthless, is not something accurate enough to make any conclusion from it, kinda like Comgnet (or even worse).

Top Bottom