• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow [New artwork, renders and screens]

LowParry

I'm already sold on what's been shown for gameplay and looks. Just need to see some more of this game in motion with some epic music.

LowParry

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Looks pretty sweet, although the character designs tend less toward classic Castlevania and more Lord of the Rings imo.

I think that's perfectly fine for a reboot of the series.[

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hopefully the music in this will be as good as Curse of Darkness!

well,.. i was hyped for this game.. but GoW3 kinda makes a lot seem underwhelming these days..

hope the game will be great. i'll keep a close eye on it.

Echoes

Boring. Where's my ReBirth 2? That's the kind of Castlevania I wanna play, not this undigested bullshit craptastic shitty piece of muk.

HOOOOoooouuuuuu

I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!!

479084755_s.jpg

Neiteio

Monsters look like generic D&D fare, which is sad. I miss the more stylish monsters of the Iga Castlevanias... That said, the trailer had a stylish monster or two (the stone golem was intricately designed).

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Looks pretty sweet, although the character designs tend less toward classic Castlevania and more Lord of the Rings imo.

Definitely, screens look too bright as well. Needs to look a bit moodier.

I'm so pumped for this game. Mostly because in interviews the team has said it won't be a GoW clone. Rather it will include much more puzzles, platforming, and mood setting portions relative to the amount of combat. Also, they're trying to emulate SCIV which is always a good idea.

I get the sense this could potentially be another Metroid Prime, but only time will tell

tzare

looks worse than wht shown in trailers. I hope it turns well however, but maybe expectations were too high. I hope Kojima means quality... but being MGSPW so close, i do not know if he is really involved in the game...

NeoUltima

Looks good(except for that one screen...)...just must be spoiled by GoW3 media. There's been gameplay in the trailers and that looked great, so I'll just go by that mainly and ignore that ugly screen in there.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Do absolutely want. Hopefully it doesn't release in winter or some stupid shit like that. Although, that is some fucking awful enemy design. I mean, this is still Castlevania, reboot or not. And these enemies don't fit at all, with what the series is meant to be.

The spider, werewolf and the Warg!? All fine. But the goddamn blando goblins are one hell of a clusterfuck from a design point of view, and from a CV fan's too. It just reeks of lack of idea, really.

I'm not sure that, fantasy game = there be goblins! mindset, is going to work out all that well, or that Mercury Steam actually know what the fuck they are doing...But eh, it's just one enemy. No cause for concern.

Still Day 1, and I'm fairly sure that this will be more than worthy of the title, Castlevania.

LowParry

TheCardPlayer said:
Do absolutely want. Hopefully it doesn't release in winter or some stupid shit like that. Although, that is some fucking awful enemy design. I mean, this is still Castlevania, reboot or not. And these enemies don't fit at all, with what the series is meant to be.

I'm hoping for a Summer release.

Speevy

Banned
zoukka said:
Reboots are fine, but I can't find anything Castlevania in those shots.

Maybe that's what will make it the most "Castlevania" of all.

It's not as though the 3D games have an entry to which we actually want to draw comparison.

Booser

Screens look jaggier then before but I still love the look of this. Hopefully it plays as good as it sounds

bulovski

Neo Member
Why does this remind me more of Oblivion than Castlevania? The screens look nice but the vibes are just not there.

johnnya

Neo Member
I agree that there is nothing "Castlevania" in this game really so far. But I won't pass judgement until I play it.

Jex

Definetely agree that I dont see anything particularly Castlevania-y in those shots. There are other 2D to 3D transitions that retain a sense of the 2D games 'look'. Such as like..mario, zelda, sonic.

Salz01

I'm hopeful, just not sold on it yet. I just hope it has mood and atmosphere. I really want this to work.

Top Bottom