• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Quantum Break is now the best-selling new Microsoft Studios IP this generation"

cheesekao

Im aware of this. It never says owned ip. It says "New Microsoft Studios IP". That is published, and owned.
MS doesn't own the Ryse or Sunset Overdrive's IPs but if they consider them "Microsoft Studios IP" then that simply means to me "console exclusive games that they have heavy involvement in".

Aernout

Neo Member
Judging from Greenberg's wording, the 'claim' applies to new IP this generation, and includes all titles published by Microsoft.

deadman69

Microsoft PR, ladies and gentlemen.

Anyways, I really loved the game and I hope they fix the PC version so it sells even more, so we can get Quantum Break 2 or Alan Wake 2.

im sure they'll start fixing the pc version once their first class customers get their pc codes.

Szadek

Well, that means fucking nothing.
Everthing can be the best with this many specifications.
"Ryse is the best selling AAA game set in ancient Rome this generation!"

S.Holmes

Banned
Why does it bother people that MS does their own PR spin ? It was fine the first time ago but repeating it for the sake of it is just getting old now. Just ignore it. I'm not a fan too but I said my peace the first time now I'm over it. Plus we're talking about Remedy here so anything positive about them is well worth it.

It's good that the game is doing ok because we need more Remedy. Hopefully a horde mode DLC will be announced soon and then at E3...the long awaited sequel to AW. Just recently replayed AW and man top 5 ever. The ending was a mindfudge in the most beautiful way possible. Imagine AW sequel with QB gameplay. Oh boy :)

Yeah it really feels that way. I'm going to need to look up a list comparing this to last gen, because this just feels really low. Congrats to the QB team though for it selling well.

That list will look better soon with ReCore, Scalebound, and Sea of Thieves just around the corner.

Meh, everything else on that list sold like shit so it's not super surprising that a half-decent game like QB would outsell them. This is just PR fodder until actual numbers are released.

Rozart

Anyway, on a brighter note... Congrats, Remedy! MS should have at least been pretty pleased with QB's performance for them to make a big announcement about it.

KorrZ

Not exactly tough competition, but still congrats to QB. It's a pretty good game so I hope it does well.

Chris1

That list will look better soon with ReCore, Scalebound, and Sea of Thieves just around the corner.

Not to mention there's a lot of digital stuff aswell which isn't being counted. Ori, Killer Instinct (hey if they count Zoo Tycoon as a new IP why not KI? :p) and I'm sure there's more semi big ones.

Bruno MB

When I read the title I immediately thought that Quantum Break worldwide shipments have already surpassed the lifetime sales of the other Microsoft Studios new IPs like Sunset Overdrive or Ryse. But it is just an article about the UK first week retail sales of Quantum Break.

Well deserved sales anyway, I'm enjoying it a lot. Wasn't completely sold on the TV thing in the first Episode but by Ep 2 & 3 I was engaged.

Polk

If they add few more quantifiers it could be best-sellling game of all time.
And Zoo Tycoon as new IP? How.

Top Bottom