• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Reveal Thread - Matchmaking/Multiplayer Details Revealed

broony

I liked the shield overload ability that took down the ghost. Hopefully the Spartans vs Elites mode has real map based objectives.

**Edit**
Did that feel like a Bungie produced video? Didn't seem to be the same as others.

Ubersnug

Can someone host a copy of this video that isn't on you tube?

Fricking Work proxies blocking my access to Halo awesomeness....

NEED AWESOMENESS....

Raide

Jet Packs = Awesome.

Hopefully they make use of them by having some more vertical maps to play with.

The execution stuff is going to be the new Teabagging. :lol :lol

iSimon

Looks like your location is displayed next to the radar.

screenshot20100303at840.png

screenshot20100303at840p.png

Another new gametype.
screenshot20100303at840o.png

Raide said:
The execution stuff is going to be the new Teabagging. :lol :lol

Would be sweet if they went a weapons permutation route with executions... You can unlock different ones and then use which ever animation you went in multiplayer as your calling card.

Could actually happen too from the different types of executions we saw in the video.

broony

Another new gametype.
screenshot20100303at840o.png
[/QUOTE]

Yeah you see them blow up a generator during the Elites vs Spartans section.

Could be a Battlefield type gameplay where you destroy points accross a map, or could be to drop shields and open up other areas. Either way this is the sort of gametype I think I'd really like.

Raide

UltimaPooh said:
Would be sweet if they went a weapons permutation route with executions... You can unlock different ones and then use which ever animation you went in multiplayer as your calling card.

Could actually happen too from the different types of executions we saw in the video.

I wonder if they looked at Gears 2 for the weapon based executions? It would certainly add a little more variety to the game.

Someone already posted but Tribes instantly hit me in the face. The thought of squads of Jetpacking Spartans and Elites is going to be too awesome. :D

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Wow....the wait is going to be so much worse now. I already have watched this vid like 5 times. Amazing.

Edit: Also what do they mean by "Active Roster"??? Clan support?

NG28

Raide said:
I wonder if they looked at Gears 2 for the weapon based executions? It would certainly add a little more variety to the game.

Someone already posted but Tribes instantly hit me in the face. The thought of squads of Jetpacking Spartans and Elites is going to be too awesome. :D

I only saw Spartans jetpacking and elites rolling, maybe these are exclusive.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
NG28 said:
I only saw Spartans jetpacking and elites rolling, maybe these are exclusive.

I think there is a Red Spartan rolling at one point in the vid for a second, on a walk way or something.

Edit: Nope it is an Elite.

The few glimpses of invasion are truly mesmerizing.

I can't stop thinking about it as being some sort of firefight-l4d-wtf mode.

So much win in just 98 seconds.

And now we know two new armour abilities: a shield and fucking jetpacks.

jetpacks.

Dear lord. Jetpacks.

All aboard the hype jetpack!

Sai-kun said:
Oh yeah, did anybody else notice there were SIX people during the "Invasion" gametype? :D

Yep.

So, firefight online (meaning player-controlled covenant) with 6 spartans?

I'm not gonna survive this day at work.

Thank God I work for the multimedia section of the company, so nothing is blocked on my pc:lol

Raide

The footage lists.

Loadouts (Weapon and Upgrade packs? Kinda like MW2 kit loadouts?)
Assassinations (Stealth + Assassination = Flaming Ninja! )
Invasion (Firefight but with Humans playing on both sides?)
Headhunter (Funny to see someone headshot and 5 or 6 skulls pop out :lol )
Active Roster? (Clan support would be pretty awesome.)
Spartans Vs Elites (Pretty obvious)
The Arena (DM)

May 3, 2010.

NG28

Raide said:
The footage lists.

Loadouts (Weapon and Upgrade packs? Kinda like MW2 kit loadouts?)
Assassinations (Stealth + Assassination = Flaming Ninja! )
Invasion (Firefight but with Humans playing on both sides?)
Headhunter (Funny to see someone headshot and 5 or 6 skulls pop out :lol )
Active Roster? (Clan support would be pretty awesome.)
Spartans Vs Elites (Pretty obvious)
The Arena (DM)

May 3, 2010.

And so far the upgrade packs appear to be at the minimum jetpack/shield/camo

Raide

NG28 said:
And so far the upgrade packs appear to be at the minimum jetpack/shield/camo

I wonder if they have upgrades that effect speed or weapon aiming/reload?

You could make a Heavy style unit that has massive shields etc but is slow and then make fast ninja units with active camo and assassinations? I can but dream! :lol

NG28

Raide said:
I wonder if they have upgrades that effect speed or weapon aiming/reload?

You could make a Heavy style unit that has massive shields etc but is slow and then make fast ninja units with active camo and assassinations? I can but dream! :lol

Yeah I guess sprint would be one too.

I really like the damage-direction indicator...more natural than the previous red arrows. Its also much less strain on the eyes than the blood/red screens in COD and other shooters.

Looked at it again, the arrows are still there. still cool though.

broony

metareferential said:
Yep.

So, firefight online (meaning player-controlled covenant) with 6 spartans?

I'm not gonna survive this day at work.

Thank God I work for the multimedia section of the company, so nothing is blocked on my pc:lol

I'm not sure that is 6 human spartans vs AI covies

I think that might be Human spartans vs Human covies. I think you see an elite fiorst person view in that section.

***Edit Duuurrrppp I need to read more good.

Some thing I found interesting:

Death at 0:25 by granade-like explosion is blurred (new mine-like weapon?)

2upd35s.jpg

Also a similar explosion is shown later in the footage.

Looks good, but still very Halo. Like really very Halo. Still can't wait to get my hands on it, but I'm hoping it feels more different than that video implies.

Raide

I noticed that your ability is shown near the top of the radar. If you watch the footage, you can see it draining when its used. 0:33 onwards shows the stealth being used up.

From 1:13 onwards also shows objectives destroying. Bottom right corner also shows A and C, C vanishing once the objectives is destroyed. Maybe its a Health Bar for the objective?

Sai-kun

Banned
broony said:
I'm not sure that is 6 human spartans vs AI covies

I think that might be Human spartans vs Human covies. I think you see an elite fiorst person view in that section.

Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Invasion Slayer.

6 players versus another 6 players to compete for the highest amount of kills?

Oh god hype. :lol

derFeef

Only thing I do not like is the silly flying animation with waving hands and so on. Sure it is Halo, but it looks odd nowadays.

Raide

Sai-kun said:
Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Invasion Slayer.

I pray that Dropships are flyable in this. :lol I always wanted to be inside the Covie Dropship and not outside hammering it with bullets.

broony

Sai-kun said:
Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Invasion Slayer.

No. Think wolfenstein. I think it will be 6 vs 6 for an objective type invasion game. So stop them getting to the beachhead, then stop them getting to the perimiter then stop then getting to the base and blowing it the fuck up.

Or Yeah, 6 vs 6 DM, covies vs humans, each starting with their own species vehicles and weapons. Not as exiting to me as a objective type mode.

All speculation though obviously.

WuselDusel said:
Only thing I do not like is the silly flying animation with waving hands and so on. Sure it is Halo, but it looks odd nowadays.

Is it related to the alpha-state maybe?

Or maybe the footage is quite old/the beta doesn't have the new mo-cap animations?

eggandI

Banned
Wow at that trailer. This looks so much better than 3 already. Reminds me a lot of Halo 2, the best in series. They even got me excited now :D

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
metareferential said:
Is it related to the alpha-state maybe?

Or maybe the footage is quite old/the beta doesn't have the new mo-cap animations?

Don't know but the other death animations shown in the vid (especially via melee and not just the assinations) look considerably better than previous games in the franchise.

Top Bottom