• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2010

Congrats to BioShock 2. I went through it and beat it fairly quickly, but I enjoyed the sustained level of awesome that I felt in it. It didn't have a standout level like Fort Frolic, but at the same time, it didn't have the letdown I felt with the end of the first one.

Good lord at X360 beating the Wii!

Zzoram

Swittcher said:
ngqbr.jpg

That's a Canadian deal, it won't affect US NPD.

Skiptastic said:
Congrats to BioShock 2. I went through it and beat it fairly quickly, but I enjoyed the sustained level of awesome that I felt in it. It didn't have a standout level like Fort Frolic, but at the same time, it didn't have the letdown I felt with the end of the first one.

Ryan Amusements came close for me, but i agree with you. It had no standout, but all the levels were really good without completely losing steam like the first.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Jonsoncao said:
2 FFXIIIs
1 GoW3
2 BFBC2
2 Pokemons
1 WiiSports
1 NSMB
1 MW2
or
1 MLB 2k10
1 MLB the show

Top10 next month is pretty predictable, and heavy rain probably wont be one of them

The Pokeymanz will outsell the Final Fantasies.

Looking forward, this bundle is a pretty clever way of delaying a price drop.
zwazyh.jpg

It should be widely available by the end of the month, and I expect it let the 360 maintain respectable sales through the Spring and Summer. It will probably lag behind the PS3 during some months but not the doom and gloom people predicted last year. This would then allow Microsoft to launch an Xbox 360 Natal bundle this Fall at $299, rather than having to jack up the price or take a significant loss.

Snuggler said:
So the 360 version of Bioshock sold 562.9K but the PS3 version didn't chart so it's a least sub 220K, what a big gap there.
I'm guessing 360 being superior version as usual with most games is what put ppl off, mostly due to the same scenario with the bioshock 1 port.

Truespeed

Arpharmd B said:
PS3 was supply constrained. Expect them to come back big next month with FFXIII and God of War. Should be neck and neck with 360 or even edge them out.

You really think the 360 and PS3 are going to be neck and neck, in the March NPD, with God of War III being released? This is the biggest game in the history of the PS3. Barring supply constraints the PS3 March NPD numbers should be in the stratosphere. I'm expecting GOW III to do at least 1.5 - 2 million within the 2 week window in March.

Truespeed said:
You really think the 360 and PS3 are going to be neck and neck, in the March NPD, with God of War III being released? This is the biggest game in the history of the PS3. Barring supply constraints the PS3 March NPD numbers should be in the stratosphere. I'm expecting GOW III to do at least 1.5 - 2 million within the 2 week window in March.

someone show this man the chalkboard...

dralla

Truespeed said:
:lol

RBH

Truespeed said:
2yyox0l.png

Mush

Truespeed said:
wow

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Truespeed said:

:lol

Truespeed said:

God of Modern Warfare?

Salacious Crumb

Truespeed said:

I hope BC2 smashes the shit out of GoW III just to see some delicious bitter tears.

jman2050

Truespeed said:

Quoting again for how utterly ignorant this post is.

Kusagari

Truespeed said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

AniHawk

Hm. I'm also thinking GOW3 is going to do really well in a short amount of time. The low end, the 1 million, doesn't sound like that unreasonable of a target.

EDIT: oh. the low end is 1.5m. Well, it probably won't reach that, but it's not the craziest thing suggested
see conduit predictions for that

Mush

AniHawk said:
Well, it probably won't reach that, but it's not the craziest thing suggested
In this thread? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah.

Truespeed said:
The 1.5 - 2 million was worldwide for GOW III. For the US, 1 - 1.5 Million. Choke on that.
But you didn't specify that in your original post. And you wonder why everyone is calling you a fool.

Truespeed said:
You can't be serious :lol

J-Rzez

Truespeed said:

I don't know, i'm going to say ~600-800k, but who knows considering it is GoW, and the amount of insane hype the game has received via the media. Then again, I don't frequent NPD so i'm not in the know really. I just occasionally stop by when bored or when I'm curious about "x" game that I really enjoyed. :lol

It's a big game, but it's not going to be the biggest game for the PS3 sales wise. I'm sure that's already won by GT5, whenever it comes out.

EDIT: WW, ohh, then yeah it'll have a good shot at that, the 1.5m mark probably, that being the highest, perhaps lowest, 1.2m.

Truespeed

Mush said:
In this thread? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah.

But you didn't specify that in your original post. And you wonder why everyone is calling you a fool.

Dude, if HR can make the top 10 with all of the top notch prognosticators we have here then anything's possible.

Top Bottom