• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The HD Movie thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
2ijjdd0.jpg

Hooray. £12! Great work GAF.

mcbacon, you've inspired me to post my pixar collection ;p

qzhjb8.jpg

actually mailing cars out today from an ebay sale. i'm ditching it for a steelbook that i plan to pick up later this afternoon. mb will even update img for that ;p

Mr. Spinnington said:

actually mailing cars out today from an ebay sale. i'm ditching it for a steelbook that i plan to pick up later this afternoon. mb will even update img for that ;p[/QUOTE]
you didn't get the [U]Monster's, Inc[/U] steelbook?

Grabbed TS 1&2...and this means that steelbooks will be released for them next month. Sigh.

anyone here have experience with a Optoma HD20 projector? I'm looking at buying one (a projector, that is) this summer and it looks like a nice intro unit, something that will project in a smallish space.

Steelbooks from Best Buy. There's A Bug's Life, Cars, Monster's Inc., Nightmare Before Christmas, Pinocchio, Ratatouille, Sleeping Beauty, and Wall-E. There's also one for Up but it was a pre-order thing and the others you can buy in stores.

When is fucking Finding Nemo coming out on Blu-Ray? I love it so much!

Regarding region locking on Disney movies, it varies. Examples:
UK Cars - Free
UK Wall.E - Locked
UK Monsters Inc. - Free
UK Rat - Locked

ALL Disney animated stuff like Snow White is locked over here :(

Anth0ny

34pz4ab.jpg

High Res

Even non-fans of Michael Jackson will be caught up in the exuberance and virtuosity of MOONWALKER. This 84-minute music video casts The Gloved One as host of a futuristic TV special. Highlights include an extended Claymation sequence and a 3-D vignette put together by the Disney Company. The most endearing aspect of MOONWALKER is Jackson's willingness to poke fun at his own tabloid-headline image.

May 3rd in Europe, no NA release date yet =(

calder said:
I can't find Yojimbo/Sanjuro anywhere. :|

Order it from the Criterion store. Use the code "AFS" for 25% off and it still qualifies for free shipping (usually on orders over $50). $41.97 shipped (cheaper than Amazon too).

NekoFever

cjelly said:
Somebody remind me why A Bug's Life isn't out in the UK yet...
Because it's region free so anyone who wants it can import it.

We did get both Toy Story movies and Monsters Inc early, though.

KennyLinder said:

Regarding region locking on Disney movies, it varies. Examples:
UK Cars - Free
UK Wall.E - Locked
UK Monsters Inc. - Free
UK Rat - Locked

ALL Disney animated stuff like Snow White is locked over here :(
The obvious pattern there is that new releases are locked while catalogue ones aren't, traditional animated stuff aside.

This kind of nonsense is why I got a multiregion player. I don't have to care any more.

That does suck about LOTR, though. Doesn't entirely surprise me because of the track record with New Line movies - see Pan's Labyrinth - but it shouldn't still be happening. Can't remember the last time I was blown away by a Warner transfer.

allegate said:
you didn't get the Monster's, Inc steelbook?

Grabbed TS 1&2...and this means that steelbooks will be released for them next month. Sigh.
no, it and the one for Up are really fat and don't appeal to me. there are no plans for toy story steelbooks, btw
KennyLinder said:
may 1 in uk, unnanounced for us

Medalion

Banned
If I ever were to buy LOTR on blu-ray I wouldn't mind getting the standard theatre editions because I am not a fan of the movies in general but some were alright. I don't need that extended shit... I thought the movies were long enough.

Penguin

Mr. Spinnington said:

qzhjb8.jpg

actually mailing cars out today from an ebay sale. i'm ditching it for a steelbook that i plan to pick up later this afternoon. mb will even update img for that ;p

Its like I've dead and gone to Pixar heaven.

Sadly, only have Monsters Inc, Toy Story 1/2, Wall-E and Up.

Where's my Incredibles blu-ray!

madmook

Medalion said:
If I ever were to buy LOTR on blu-ray I wouldn't mind getting the standard theatre editions because I am not a fan of the movies in general but some were alright. I don't need that extended shit... I thought the movies were long enough.
I think most had already come to grips with them releasing the theatrical editions first. They gotta get their double-dip on, can't really fault them for that.

But then to give it a mediocre transfer (even shoddy in the case of Fellowship)? That's spitting in the face of the fans.

Foov

Blu_LED said:
I find it super annoying that all my Pixar movies have a slipcover over them, except for Wall-E. Why did they leave that out of Wall-E?
I recycle all my slip covers. They're annoying. The most useless waste of paper I have ever seen.

allegate said:
Wall-E had one; I have it right here.
There were two versions, the difference being one having a Digital Copy and the other not. The one with the extra disc has a slipcover, the other does not. Annoying, but thankfully this was limited to only Wall-E and Prince Caspian.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
lupin23rd said:
Did Red Cliff come out yet? I thought it was this week but I've also seen an April date for it?

It's out.

Mr. Spinnington said:
no, it and the one for Up are really fat and don't appeal to me. there are no plans for toy story steelbooks, btw
Ah, but I wouldn't put it past them for the TS3 release.
lordoftherink said:
There were two versions, the difference being one having a Digital Copy and the other not. The one with the extra disc has a slipcover, the other does not. Annoying, but thankfully this was limited to only Wall-E and Prince Caspian.
huh. I did not know that.

B.K.

Here are the first real pictures of the Battlestar Galactica repackage.

124ygpu.jpg

15y6txi.jpg

10rs95s.jpg

Speaking of repackages, HBO is rereleasing Band of Brothers this summer with a Pacific sampler.

J2d

B.K. said:
Speaking of repackages, HBO is rereleasing Band of Brothers this summer with a Pacific sampler.
Nice, I've been waiting to pick it up hoping that they fix some of the issues I remember hearing about.

ErnieMcCracken said:
Order it from the Criterion store. Use the code "AFS" for 25% off and it still qualifies for free shipping (usually on orders over $50). $41.97 shipped (cheaper than Amazon too).

You should also check Costco. They've been carrying Criterion blu-ray titles recently.

Solo

Yes indeed! Cant wait to pick it up. Too bad I didnt like Sherlock Holmes as much as I would have hoped, or else Id pick that up too. Oh well, $30 saved.

adg1034

B.K. said:
Here are the first real pictures of the Battlestar Galactica repackage.

124ygpu.jpg

15y6txi.jpg

10rs95s.jpg

As someone who imported the UK BSG set, I emailed Universal about how getting replacement packaging might work. Bad news. As of right now, those of us with the (admittedly pretty cool) metal packaging are stuck with it. Still, we'll see if the UK distributor makes allowances for us humble Yanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom