• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

gossi

Anybody mind if I make a Fallout 4 console mod OT? It launches Tuesday, and I think it may get a lot of posts. Edit: I've made it.

Fat4all

Banned
Thinking about doing an OT for the YouTube series Extra History if anyone is interested in collaborating. While it starting as a small side project sponsored by developers Creative Assembly, it's a history education series which covers specific points in time that are voted on by their patreons, and they've done wonderful episodes so far on the Punic Wars, the lead up to WWI, Sengoku Jidai, the South Sea Bubble, the Zulu Empire, the Byzantine Empire, Emperor Justinian & Empress Theodora, the First Crusades, the Life of Admiral Yi, the Broad Street Pump & Sanitation, Mother Mary Seacole. the Battle of Kursk, Suleiman the Magnificent, Economics & Resources in WWII, and most recently they finished up a series on Christian Schisms.

There's even a few one-off episodes they've done. These series are very well presented and cover varying lengths of time, and each is often concluded with a video dedicated to mistakes they may have made, or conceits to history that some facts may be lost to but are still assumed. If anyone is interested in collabing and want to see what the series is like, here is the current playlist.

Nemesis_

We should be all updated. Please let me know if I have missed anything but I just spent two hours cleaning everything up (some stuff from the first edit ever was in the thread still, wtf) but it should be all good.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
We should be all updated. Please let me know if I have missed anything but I just spent two hours cleaning everything up (some stuff from the first edit ever was in the thread still, wtf) but it should be all good.

Thank you for the update Nemesis_ your hard work is appreciated as always!

Volotaire

Serious Sam 4 by Sciz (1st June 2016)

No announced date quite yet.

Does Serious Sam 4 have a specified quarter that it is releasing within the next year? (I'm under the assumption it does not). If not, you have to wait until the game has either a specified release date or rough timeframe within a year to claim it. If it does, ignore me.

Sciz

Does Serious Sam 4 have a specified quarter that it is releasing within the next year? (I'm under the assumption it does not). If not, you have to wait until the game has either a specified release date or rough timeframe within a year to claim it. If it does, ignore me.

I'm assuming, based on Croteam's past release history, that it'll be out before the year's end since it's showing up at E3, but I can rescind the claim until it's formally announced if that's the rule. The OP doesn't seem to require a hard date yet, though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'm assuming, based on Croteam's past release history, that it'll be out before the year's end since it's showing up at E3, but I can rescind the claim until it's formally announced if that's the rule. The OP doesn't seem to require a hard date yet, though.

Unless you have an actual window which was announced such as Winter 2016 then no claim rule without a date applies. As there is nothing to base if it will release within a year or not.

MattyG

Banned
I'm doing the Bethesda conference thread. I'm trying to do pictures as the font, but the only software I have is Gimp and preview (can't figure out how to do it in Gimp, and it's a bit of a mess in preview). Could someone with photoshop or something clean up the black edges of this so it just says "dates and times"? And if anyone has suggestions for software that would make this easier, it'd be much appreciated.

EDIT: I may have to redo the banner entirely and upload it with just a solid black background, now that I look at it. I think I took some big chunks out of the text by using the magic wand tool. :/ I'll try to upload another one with the black background tomorrow morning. Also, here's the Liveblog header and Bethesda logo too, same style. I cleaned the edges up on them enough, though the edges still look rough. I don't know how to make this work and look clean. Maybe I'll just leave them on black, stylized backgrounds. It might make the images pop more that way, anyways. This way clearly isn't going to work, at least not well.

SPOv4Hb.png

r8zlaV8.png

WJCz2YC.png

Edit 2: So I'm scrapping all those banners and going with tis style. The blue background is the texture from the E3 invitation. It looks a bit busy, but it definitely looks cleaner, which is what I want.

3AijNFA.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom