• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE: Final Fantasy XV Thread: Everything for the future king

I prefer XV's Luna face but like the Kingsglaive attire. Also that other female character needs to be in the main game, please. She gives off a steampunk vibe.

Meowster

I wasn't even aware this was out so soon in Japan, everything I am reading sounds really great. It sounds like it is a huge step up from Advent Children (which I still enjoyed/enjoy as fanservicey as it was). I hope that this ends up in a movie theater within a drivable distance, I'd go out of my way to go and see it.

Ran rp

Mediking it isn't about which face is prettier. It's about the fact that game Luna's model isn't properly selling her emotions. Similar to how Noctis' English VA feels stilted compared to his Japanese VA.

Mediking

PSY・S;209533848 said:
Mediking it isn't about which face is prettier. It's about the fact that game Luna's model isn't properly selling her emotions. Similar to how Noctis' English VA feels stilted compared to his Japanese VA.

Yeah, we all know Noctis English VA needs to go back to the drawing board and study. I was about to hold the L... but then you still don't give FFXV Luna her credit on her emotions. At least give FFXV Luna her credit.

RocBase

PSY・S;209533848 said:

Eh, I don't think it's the model which is causing this though, but more of a conscious animation choice.

OmegaDL50

Man August 19th seems so far away.

Probably won't be able to see it in theatres anyways. Since I have the Deluxe Edition of the game on order, I suppose I got the Blu-Ray to look forward to, but trying to avoid spoilers til then is going to be a pain.

Turin

Banned
I'll hold back on reading the spoilers. I've waited 10 years so I can wait 2 more months.

My will is strong.

You:

tumblr_nmq1fsQILy1sgqn33o10_r1_250.gif

Me:

bilbo_ring_2.jpg

Just finished seeing it.

Feel free to ask any questions. It was great but the 4chan rumors were completely false, the other set on Mognet however were 100% accurate.
LlvlqCJ.jpg

Mailbox

Just finished seeing it.

Feel free to ask any questions. It was great but the 4chan rumors were completely false, the other set on Mognet however were 100% accurate. http://i.imgur.com/LlvlqCJ.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

Edit: didn't see that "it was great" part.

Substitute question: What didn't you like about it?

OmegaDL50

Edit:

It begins.

I should probably find some sort of Chrome plug-in that blocks any Kingsglaive threads so I don't foolishly spoil myself.

artsi

Regarding game vs movie Luna.. Would be strange to me if the CG one with real actors didn't have better facial animations.

But doesn't mean I think the game one is bad, by game standards.

Koozek

I'll hold back on reading the spoilers. I've waited 10 years so I can wait 2 more months.

My will is strong.
Dito. I'll also keep out of this thread from now on. Someone will forget to spoiler tag or not notice that their untagged part indirectly implies a spoiler. Glad the impressions so far were positive. Can't wait. See ya!

Oh, and Game Luna looks really bad now in comparison, yeah.

Impressions on the movie?

The movie was great, action sequences were amazing as expected. Nyx was a great character. Luna was excellently portrayed and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of her story in the game. Ravus was super cool but was barely in it.

Some dislikes:
There wasn't really that much backstory given into the lore of XV like I was hoping for, but maybe I missed a few things because my Japanese isn't the greatest. Also it was kind of distracting because the lips are very obviously synced to the English voice so it didn't match at all to the Japanese voice.

I can post some spoiler impressions if people want.

May I please ask what happens / what does Lunafreya do that has everyone so excited now?

I love Lunafreya so much and I'm really excited to learn what changed some peoples opinions on her

aitakute

Movie summary. Warning, big spoiler

The movie starts by introducing the 3 power forces in the world. Then Regis sent Noctis to Tenebrae for treatment. The Niflheim leads by Glauca attacked Tenebrae and the queen was killed by Glauca. The goal is to Kill Noctis and Regis but Regis fought back. He took Luna and Noctis and ran away while Ravus was crying for help. Luna let go of his hand and choose to stay instead. From then on, thinking they were attacked because of Regis, Tenebrae joined with Niflheim to war with Lucis. The war still going on for a long time but they couldn't attack Imsonia because of their magic shield by the power of the crystal. Then time skipped 12 years, to a battle between the Glaives and Nifheim's monsters army in a wasteland. They were losing and then Crowe together with some others cast a firestorm magic and destroy most of the enemies. Then Nifheim brought out their secret weapon, Diamond weapon. The Glaives stand no chance. The general ordered them to retreat. Libertos got his leg stuck in a rock and couldn't run. Nix then ignored the order and saved his friend. Back at the capital, Regis got news about the battle. Then suddenly Ardyn came, all alone with a proposal of peace. Of course not without a price, Lucis must give all their land other than their capital to Nifhelm. A meeting happened between the leaders of Lucis. And they decided to sign a peace treaty because Regis no longer have much power left. Hearing the news about peace treaty, some of the Glaives were really furious about losing their homeland but couldn't do anything because it's the king's decision. Some agreed with the ceasefire too. Back at Tenebrae, Luna planned to sneak out to see Noctis and Regis but Ravus found out and didn't let her go. Time skipped for a while and it's almost the day for the treaty. Drautos sent Crowe to go greet and take Luna to Imsonia. But on the way, instead of Luna, someone were there and killed her. Libertos after hearing about his sister's death, got furious and quit the Kingsglaive saying that the King has abandoned them and just sent them to die. Drautos then give Nix Crowe's belongings before her death. Libertos then joined some rebels, giving them information about the army. The night before the treaty, Glauca approached and kidnapped Luna. To the day of the treaty, they noticed that Luna couldn't be found anywhere. Nix realized something wrong with the time stopped on Crowe's watch. He investigated and found out that Nifheim has prepared an army just outside Imsonia. He then told Regis about that and asked him to send the Glaives. Regis agreed and sent the Glaives to save Luna. They couldn't find their general Drautos anywhere. Luche then said that they will be fine. They can act even without the general. Then they infiltrated Nifheim's airships and found Luna. Then turned out that many of the glaives are traitors with Luche leading them. Most of the glaives were killed by traitors and one big ass creepy Ultros in the airship. Back at the treaty, Iedolas finally shown his true intention and attacked Regis. Most of the board members were killed by machine soldiers. Iedolas then broke the crystal barrier and went away. Regis was chasing after him but Glauca shown up and fought him. Gladio's father then fought him together with Regis. Saying that it has been a while since they last fought together like this. Glauca then killed Gladio's father. Back at the airship, Nix protected Luna and they finally able to go back to Insomnia. Which was in chaos because of terrorist attack and Nifheim army. They were able to reach the place where Regis was fighting with Glauca only to see Glauca sliced Regis's fingers off together with the ring. Ravus walked in and took the ring. Saying that great power belong to him. He put on the ring only to get burnt by it and lost his arm. Nix then attacked Glauca and knocked him away. Luna pick up the ring and together with Regis and Nix, ran away to the elevator. On the elevator, Nix found out that Regis knew that Nifheim would do this. He was furious and asked why he would sacrifice so many people just for his son to protect his son. Luna told him that it's for the world's sake. Only Noctis can wield the great power from ancient kings of Lucis. Down at the bottom, Regis created a magic shield, blocking Nix and Luna away, telling them to go. Glauca broke the elevator and killed Regis by piercing him with his big sword. Regis died, Nix took Luna to run away. They got attacked on the way by the army and the glaives. Nix then found out that he lost his magic because the king died. Drautos then shown up and covered them so they could get away. The Nifheim army brought out Diamond weapon again to destroy the city. The army fired at anyone in sight, killed the rebel leader. Libertos found the leader before his death bed, and found out that the rebels were working with Nifheim all along. After getting away, Nix received a call from Drautos, telling him to go to the plaza. He and Luna came but instead of Drautos, it was Luche instead. Luche shot Nix and go after Luna. After getting Luna, he took the ring from her. Asked why must so many people died because of that ring. Luna told him that ring hold big power. He then got burnt to crisp by the ring and Luna got the ring back. Drautos then shown up, tried reaching Nix but Libertos came and hit him with a car. Turned out he was Glauca all along. Nix tried to fight him but he was no match without magic. Just right before Glauca attacked Luna and Libertos, Nix put on the ring. His mind then was teleported to a place with he saw 3 figures telling him that only a person they deem worthy can hold the ring's power. They asked Nix if he got the power, who would he save? His friend or Luna. He said he want to save both. The 3 figures said that he failed and burnt his hand. Nix laughed, saying that he didn't come here for power. He came to laugh at them. Their ring is gonna get stolen by Nifheim and yet they are still doing this shit. The 3 figures then said that they will give him power to protect the ring but it will come with a cost, his life. Back to real world, Nix got the power and attacked Glauca. He gave Luna back the ring and told Libertos to take Luna and run away. He then fought with Glauca, used the ultimate magic, summoning the 3 great stone statues to fight back Diamond Weapon. The fight ended with Glauca and Nix both died. Luna and Libertos reached the gate. Luna told Libertos that she will be going alone to find Noctis. Libertos told her that he and Nix will be waiting for her here in Insomnia and said that they should go out and get some food together next time. Luna walked out of Imsonia.
Credit roll
After credit scene with the happy bros. Their car broke.
END

I skipped some here and there. Just ask me anything if you want
And yes. Luna is a damn strong woman. By strong I mean her will. She doesn't even mind dying for the world's sake or even putting her happiness away

May I please ask what happens / what does Lunafreya do that has everyone so excited now?

I love Lunafreya so much and I'm really excited to learn what changed some peoples opinions on her

Hmm there's nothing super specific but just overall the way she is presented is as a strong character. Not a damsel in distress. There is one cool scene where
she foolishly jumps out of an enemy ship which probably would have killed her but Nyx warps and saves her

Bennettt2

The movie starts by introducing the 3 power forces in the world. Then Regis sent Noctis to Tenebrae for treatment. The Niflheim leads by Glauca attacked Tenebrae and the queen was killed by Glauca. The goal is to Kill Noctis and Regis but Regis fought back. He took Luna and Noctis and ran away while Ravus was crying for help. Luna let go of his hand and choose to stay instead. From then on, thinking they were attacked because of Regis, Tenebrae joined with Niflheim to war with Lucis. The war still going on for a long time but they couldn't attack Imsonia because of their magic shield by the power of the crystal. Then time skipped 12 years, to a battle between the Glaives and Nifheim's monsters army in a wasteland. They were losing and then Crowe together with some others cast a firestorm magic and destroy most of the enemies. Then Nifheim brought out their secret weapon, Diamond weapon. The Glaives stand no chance. The general ordered them to retreat. Libertos got his leg stuck in a rock and couldn't run. Nix then ignored the order and saved his friend. Back at the capital, Regis got news about the battle. Then suddenly Ardyn came, all alone with a proposal of peace. Of course not without a price, Lucis must give all their land other than their capital to Nifhelm. A meeting happened between the leaders of Lucis. And they decided to sign a peace treaty because Regis no longer have much power left. Hearing the news about peace treaty, some of the Glaives were really furious about losing their homeland but couldn't do anything because it's the king's decision. Some agreed with the ceasefire too. Back at Tenebrae, Luna planned to sneak out to see Noctis and Regis but Ravus found out and didn't let her go. Time skipped for a while and it's almost the day for the treaty. Drautos sent Crowe to go greet and take Luna to Imsonia. But on the way, instead of Luna, someone were there and killed her. Libertos after hearing about his sister's death, got furious and quit the Kingsglaive saying that the King has abandoned them and just sent them to die. Drautos then give Nix Crowe's belongings before her death. Libertos then joined some rebels, giving them information about the army. The night before the treaty, Glauca approached and kidnapped Luna. To the day of the treaty, they noticed that Luna couldn't be found anywhere. Nix realized something wrong with the time stopped on Crowe's watch. He investigated and found out that Nifheim has prepared an army just outside Imsonia. He then told Regis about that and asked him to send the Glaives. Regis agreed and sent the Glaives to save Luna. They couldn't find their general Drautos anywhere. Luche then said that they will be fine. They can act even without the general. Then they infiltrated Nifheim's airships and found Luna. Then turned out that many of the glaives are traitors with Luche leading them. Most of the glaives were killed by traitors and one big ass creepy Ultros in the airship. Back at the treaty, Iedolas finally shown his true intention and attacked Regis. Most of the board members were killed by machine soldiers. Iedolas then broke the crystal barrier and went away. Regis was chasing after him but Glauca shown up and fought him. Gladio's father then fought him together with Regis. Saying that it has been a while since they last fought together like this. Glauca then killed Gladio's father. Back at the airship, Nix protected Luna and they finally able to go back to Insomnia. Which was in chaos because of terrorist attack and Nifheim army. They were able to reach the place where Regis was fighting with Glauca only to see Glauca sliced Regis's fingers off together with the ring. Ravus walked in and took the ring. Saying that great power belong to him. He put on the ring only to get burnt by it and lost his arm. Nix then attacked Glauca and knocked him away. Luna pick up the ring and together with Regis and Nix, ran away to the elevator. On the elevator, Nix found out that Regis knew that Nifheim would do this. He was furious and asked why he would sacrifice so many people just for his son to protect his son. Luna told him that it's for the world's sake. Only Noctis can wield the great power from ancient kings of Lucis. Down at the bottom, Regis created a magic shield, blocking Nix and Luna away, telling them to go. Glauca broke the elevator and killed Regis by piercing him with his big sword. Regis died, Nix took Luna to run away. They got attacked on the way by the army and the glaives. Nix then found out that he lost his magic because the king died. Drautos then shown up and covered them so they could get away. The Nifheim army brought out Diamond weapon again to destroy the city. The army fired at anyone in sight, killed the rebel leader. Libertos found the leader before his death bed, and found out that the rebels were working with Nifheim all along. After getting away, Nix received a call from Drautos, telling him to go to the plaza. He and Luna came but instead of Drautos, it was Luche instead. Luche shot Nix and go after Luna. After getting Luna, he took the ring from her. Asked why must so many people died because of that ring. Luna told him that ring hold big power. He then got burnt to crisp by the ring and Luna got the ring back. Drautos then shown up, tried reaching Nix but Libertos came and hit him with a car. Turned out he was Glauca all along. Nix tried to fight him but he was no match without magic. Just right before Glauca attacked Luna and Libertos, Nix put on the ring. His mind then was teleported to a place with he saw 3 figures telling him that only a person they deem worthy can hold the ring's power. They asked Nix if he got the power, who would he save? His friend or Luna. He said he want to save both. The 3 figures said that he failed and burnt his hand. Nix laughed, saying that he didn't come here for power. He came to laugh at them. Their ring is gonna get stolen by Nifheim and yet they are still doing this shit. The 3 figures then said that they will give him power to protect the ring but it will come with a cost, his life. Back to real world, Nix got the power and attacked Glauca. He gave Luna back the ring and told Libertos to take Luna and run away. He then fought with Glauca, used the ultimate magic, summoning the 3 great stone statues to fight back Diamond Weapon. The fight ended with Glauca and Nix both died. Luna and Libertos reached the gate. Luna told Libertos that she will be going alone to find Noctis. Libertos told her that he and Nix will be waiting for her here in Insomnia and said that they should go out and get some food together next time. Luna walked out of Imsonia.
Credit roll
END

And yes. Luna is a damn strong woman. By strong I mean her will. She doesn't even mind dying for the world's sake or even putting her happiness away

Thanks for that. Paragraphs be damned, that was a good read. No regrets. I'll still enjoy the movie.

Ydelnae

I really hope Libertus is in the game. Liam seems really invested in the XV universe and it would be a shame if his character was the only one who survived the movie yet he didn't appear in the game.

Credit roll
END

Thank you so much, the movie is totally amazing. Can i ask you some question?
Does they mention back story or myth in the movie? How amazing is the somnus scene?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Those spoiler bars are very very tempting. Must... hold... strong...

Well August ain't that far away.. Even though the thread looks like piano lol hype for the positive impressions I'll be there day 1 once it comes to NYC

Philippo

Caved in and read the spoilers.
Honestly nothing there is surprising to anyone that followed the game throught its life.
Will still enjoy the movie at its fullest.

I'm curious though, does the movie
not explain the nature of the crystal, Niflheim's objective with it and the nature of the 3 figures?

aitakute

Thank you so much, the movie is totally amazing. Can i ask you some question?
Does they mention back story or myth in the movie? How amazing is the somnus scene?
There wasn't much back story or myth there. By somnus scene did you mean the scene where that theme started playing? It was at the party a day before the treaty. Nix was talking with Luna about Crowe's death there. The aquarium behind them was awesome though

Caved in and read the spoilers.
Honestly nothing there is surprising to anyone that followed the game throught its life.
Will still enjoy the movie at its fullest.

I'm curious though, does the movie
not explain the nature of the crystal, Niflheim's objective with it and the nature of the 3 figures?

I think they did but I don't remember. The crystal is the source of magic or something but only the chosen one with the ring can use it. The user can gives magic power to someone else though. Like how the glaves got their magic. The 3 figures, I think they only care about the chosen one. They are just there to choose the next ring user

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just came back from the cinema. I really enjoyed the movie, although Japanese voice felt really off for some reason. I'm saying this as someone who prefers Japanese VO in the game.

As for the movie itself, I really enjoyed battle scenes, which for the most part felt much less "chaotic" like some moments in Advent Children. Regarding the story, the movie did a really good job of introducing the world of FFXV. World building might have even been... too good. By which I mean, depending on how the game tackles introducing this part of the story, people might feel a bit lost if they don't see the movie.

Overheard impressions from other people were also very positive, but despite the timing (first day, Saturday afternoon), movie theater was only 1/3 (maybe even 1/4) full. I wonder how well will the movie do.

Top Bottom