• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

How? Everything about Berserk has been downhill since the end of the Conviction Arc. Millennium Falcon Arc had plenty of good moments but by the end it just petered out and the Sea God/Fantasia Arcs are just...not interesting at all and far removed from what was cool about Berserk.

Can I trade the rest of Berserk's life force to give Hunter x Hunter more chapters? That was still good when it stopped again.
Oh heavens no. I would trade all of HxH post Greed Island for Berserk to consistently update. I'd just go back to my headcanon that Accompany actually led to Ging instead of Kite.

World Trigger
CoPaEc4WYAE6Op0.jpg

Hyuse looks so good in Border Black.

Food Wars
CoPcHk-WgAA4nH7.jpg:small

SoTaku in the same sleeping car and then playing rock paper scissors in a time of crisis nice. Too bad it wasnt a team cooking activity since well theyre on the same team.

I cant wait for the proctors to actually learn that the best way to challenge them would be to just make it a completely fair cooking event, they shouldnt be surprised that their cheap tactics are failing.

Kieli

How? Everything about Berserk has been downhill since the end of the Conviction Arc. Millennium Falcon Arc had plenty of good moments but by the end it just petered out and the Sea God/Fantasia Arcs are just...not interesting at all and far removed from what was cool about Berserk.

Can I trade the rest of Berserk's life force to give Hunter x Hunter more chapters? That was still good when it stopped again.

i dunno, i agree with u that sea god and fantasia are more boring, but i like the atmosphere better

Wiseblade

World Trigger
Yes, this manga has some pretty good scheming.I almost want it to abandon all comedy completely and concentrate on political/combat oneupsmanship.

One Punch Man

Genos is operating exactly as intended. Cleaning up the fodder before jobbing to the main threat. I got a smirk out of how Genos' fights were mirrored in the tournament. I guess that cockroach man is going to win though.

Bleach
I wanted to see if swiping through would be quicker than returning to the table of contents. Is it just me, or has the art actually gotten worse? It feels scruffier somehow.I was surprised to see some backgrounds though.

Nisekoi
So this is over now, right?

My Hero Academia

I don't really have much commentary on this other than that I enjoyed it.

Nanatsu no Taizai

ESCANOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is all

Berserk

Man they're really dragging this... might as well give the readers free witch snacks too :L

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

Berserk

Man they're really dragging this... might as well give the readers free witch snacks too :L

It is filling us in on the first real info on the world we've gotten since Flora. Its basically sound like the reverse Lord of the Rings at this point.

dr labson

Neo Member
World Trigger Chapter 1-21

I don't know much about this manga besides the fact that it's about an alien invasion from another dimension.
I was hoping the plot would be like XCOM.
You know, defending earth from aliens, high casualty rate and reverse engineering alien tech.

This manga is not for me. It's typical shonen stuff.
I don't see much reason to read this.

Wiseblade

I don't know much about this manga besides the fact that it's about an alien invasion from another dimension.
You know, defending earth from aliens, high casualty rate and reverse engineering alien tech.

It's as close to XCOM as anything in WSJ is going to get. I enjoy World Trigger, but it doesn't have and probably won't ever have the dire tone you're looking for.

But the Trigger's are from Neighbor tech, the high casualty rate happened before the manga (reason they need to go on an rescue mission), and there is an invasion arc you ought to be upcoming.

I dont know how it doesnt fit in with what youre looking for.

Zweizer

Banned
Yuzumori-san ch3

Already at the indirect kiss phase, eh?

Dansan Joshi ch13-13.5

Stick grabbing is serious business.

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari ch25

LIke nobody can really get along in this universe it would seem.

Tejina Senpai ch23

They found a solution at least.

The moon is beautiful tonight, but first, die ch4

Well, that's a relief. At least the worst didn't happen.

Ray Down

Banned
seeing as this is the final arc too I can't see how the mangaka will try and flesh it out relative to other groups

She did it in omakes and other drawings, the ship I'm talking about is Enei, Hakuei and Kouen. It's popular in Japan and could technically happen since Japan is ok with cousin marriage.

Nonsense.

The whole Griffith VS Ganishka climax was absolutely incredible stuff and easily one of the best moments of the entire manga. Sure the Sea God arc might not have been as good as the other arcs, but it simply goes from 'incredible' to 'good'.

Nothing in Berserk has ever gone below 'good'. The quality has been so consistent for so long it's actually quite shocking.

Erigu

The whole Griffith VS Ganishka climax was absolutely incredible stuff and easily one of the best moments of the entire manga.
Griffith actually calling the Skeleton Knight "Skeleton Knight" despite that merely being a moniker Guts came up with that one night based on the guy's appearance.
The Skeleton Knight's super Beherit-powered weapon turning out to be exactly as useless as his old sword after all.
Griffith going all "thanks for showing up, that's exactly what I needed to merge the planes" because, as RedLetterMedia would put it, he's an expert in things that have never, ever happened.

I mean, it was well-drawn, sure, but fucking hell, that's not exactly encouraging for the "lore" side of what's still to come.

Revo

Baby Steps 266

Here comes the arc of him coming to terms with him really wanting to go pro anyway. Know it's important but after the long drag of the tournament can't wait for an upturn.

Griffith actually calling the Skeleton Knight "Skeleton Knight" despite that merely being a moniker Guts came up with that one night based on the guy's appearance.
The Skeleton Knight's super Beherit-powered weapon turning out to be exactly as useless as his old sword after all.
Griffith going all "thanks for showing up, that's exactly what I needed to merge the planes" because, as RedLetterMedia would put it, he's an expert in things that have never, ever happened.

I mean, it was well-drawn, sure, but fucking hell, that's not exactly encouraging for the "lore" side of what's still to come.

None of that is a big deal. Like at all.

Erigu

None of that is a big deal. Like at all.
Not for you, clearly. I obviously disagree. It's not like the lore of Berserk is all that complex, so when Miura fucks up like that, it doesn't bode well for what's to come.
I've been worrying about that stuff ever since "oh, yeah: we also have a Very Special Eclipse that happens every 1000 years, and it just so happens that..." (yes, you could make that part easier to swallow by tying Gaiseric with the previous Super Eclipse in some way or another, but how will that fit with the 216-year cycle of the regular Eclipses and the birth of the previous God Hands?). I'm afraid Miura tempts fate just a tad too much when he improvises. I know it worked out for him in the past, but...

Revo

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 27

Man fujiwara is ruthless as all hells.

bobohoro

Fairy Tail 495

Gildarts coming back and looking badass was one of the greatest draws of the manga.
And now he is wasted on a dead body.
Meh.
At least obliterate him fast.

Monster Musume 44

Bee girl's design is kinda a miss.

Koe ga Kikoeru Hikari no Hou e

Another good HeroAca BL doujin though with midoriya and todoroki. Love the emotional nature of Todoroki and some of his thoughts (when he though of how midoriya's juices tasted, lol).Perhaps this did happen in their hospital moment.

bobohoro

Keijo 89

The harem continues to grow.

Tomo-chan 365

Teacher looks fun.
But it's insane that noone seemed to want to stop Tomo-chan before she nearly pullverized the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom