• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2016: Multiplayer now supports full championship mode, 22 drivers

Jibbed

More news, I thought this was pretty thread-worthy as it could potentially revive the ol' GAF league. Anyone game, by the way?

Edit: I've claimed the OT unless anyone else is super keen. Don't mind running a league either if there's an appetite for it!

From Autosport:

Autosport understands Codemasters did not want to promise the feature would be added to F1 2016 while it was still working on perfecting it for inclusion this year.

Announcing the feature, Codemasters said: "We're very happy to be announcing that F1 2016 will feature multiplayer championship, a brand new game mode that allows up to 22 players to compete against each other over the course of a season. This new mode allows you to race as team-mates or to battle it out as different teams, as well as offering great possibilities for league play. Championships are, of course, saveable, so you can fight it out over the course of many weeks."

Game is sounding better and better!

DieH@rd

Banned
I really hope this one will be good.

Formation laps are in, as are safety car, virtual safety car and pitlane speeding.

Jibbed

Would definitely be interested in a gaf league. How does it work with regards to who drives which cars?

I imagine performance can be set to equal (as in past games) so it's just personal preference. I'll have a think once it's more clear!

Afrikan

I wonder if some of the old devs from Sony Liverpool that merged with Evolution helped work on this version... or maybe will with future versions.

I loved their F1CE on PS3.

Jibbed

Any good recent hands on write ups?

Gamereactor did a decent one a week ago.

All told it looks like this year's F1 entry is going to be a big step up when compared to its predecessor. After last year's stumble Codemasters needs to deliver, but given the return to form we've seen in the imperious Dirt Rally, it's not unreasonable to think that they're going to pull it off. F1 2016 is launching on PC, PS4 and Xbox One on August 19. Here's hoping the positive first impression made during our hands-on extends over a full season and beyond.

I'll hang back in 22nd place before Turn 1...and as the other 21 cars wreck I'll take the lead

it's the perfect plan

Ha, think there'll be a few people sandbagging in quali. 1st or 22nd, nowhere else!

frontieruk

Sim damage or bust

Noted for the next time you're driving with Forza GAF.

knzCGiA.gif

Staab

That all looks pretty appetizing...
Let's hope it's not full of bugs and they don't botch the netcode again, like in all the other games.

Damn, I might buy if the reviews are good about the multiplayer.

Ruruja

Great feature, hope it doesn't have any save/game-breaking bugs halfway through a season or something though!

Would the league be on the PC version?

Jibbed

Great feature, hope it doesn't have any save/game-breaking bugs halfway through a season or something though!

Would the league be on the PC version?

Yep. Would welcome other people wanting to coordinate the console versions.

xrnzaaas

That should've been a feature since F1 2010. Sadly most of my friends lost interest in F1 a long time ago, but if there's going to be a gaf league you can sign me up (I'm not a crasher! ;)).

Shaneus

Dibs on Danny Ric! Assuming most will be jumping in on the PC version?

Aye, I haven't really touched it since 2012/13 myself.
Same. Even then I didn't put much time into it, Codies attitude towards patching etc. really soured me on the series. But with Evo now a part of Codies (not that it will impact this release, if any) and Dirt Rally being awesome, I think their attitude is far better than it has ever been.

Ryne

Instead of looking for this game cheap, I'll buy at full price. I like everything they have done with this game, and it looks like they have made the most gains since F1 2010.

Hopefully it is as bug free as it can get. I've played every game from 2010 to 2015, just glad there is a F1 game about
I'm part of the problem

Instead of looking for this game cheap, I'll buy at full price. I like everything they have done with this game, and it looks like they have made the most gains since F1 2010.

Hopefully it is as bug free as it can get. I've played every game from 2010 to 2015, just glad there is a F1 game about
I'm part of the problem

Gamesplanet has the PC version for about $42 I believe...cheapest I've seen for that one

obviously doesn't help anyone going for console but might help PC players get it cheaper than $60

Lach

Back in the day, our F1 2011 league was great (even though I sucked). I'd be definetly game for a F1 2016 league. I'm really optimistic about this game!

cabot

I know very little about F1 but I love codies, and I want to live out my own Senna life (without the tragic death) and I'll rival some of you bums to do it.

How do I even F1 tho?

Risgroo

I basically joined GAF just for the F1 league; such a shame the disappointing 2012 game and trying to move to another forum killed it.
Would love to do some racing with you guys again, but I don't think I can race regularly.

Madchad

Should run the GAF league same day as actual F1 races. I would join in and it would certainly provide more entertainment, i have not bought a F1 game since 2012.

F1 TV Audience killer is F1 Game.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
I am in and will be racing as Daniil Kvyat so I can curse like a sailor before/after races.

Jibbed

I basically joined GAF just for the F1 league; such a shame the disappointing 2012 game and trying to move to another forum killed it.
Would love to do some racing with you guys again, but I don't think I can race regularly.

Yeah, it won't be as full-on as a few years ago if this thing gets off the ground.. probably a race every few weeks or so.

Thinking 50-75% distance for the 'proper' league championship and the odd casual quick race lobby when there are enough people about for it.

DavidDesu

Surprised I could only find three threads about this game, this being the most recently posted to... what's up with that? I'd been totally disinterested in these games since F1 2010. I had quite a lot of fun with that on PS3, it felt great to play on my DFGT, but crap on a controller due to it dampening my movements meaning it was quite laggy feeling. It's like they didn't trust players to use the analogue stick properly, and there were no settings to adjust this adequately.

I've pre ordered this for a decent price because it looks so damn good now, but I'll only be playing with controller for the foreseeable future, I just hope to god there's proper controller customisation options like in Dirt.

This game genuinely looks so good, visually and I've spotted so many nice little touches watching people playing the preview build of the game, can't wait.

Top Bottom