• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Yeah, I can't even sign into PSN anymore.

Edit: Or... can I?

@Hawkian, I can join and run it with you guys you don't have enough. Then if someone joins I'll just give them my spot.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, I can't even sign into PSN anymore.

Edit: Or... can I?

@Hawkian, I can join and run it with you guys you don't have enough. Then if someone joins I'll just give them my spot.
We have 6 in this configuration, can I hit you up if anyone drops?

edit: sorry, Moridhin is in the PSN party but not the fireteam yet

Of course! Just say something on gaf.

What's important is getting people their MoT.

Edit: They're way better off in your hands anyway, than mine, as gaf can see.

What would be better to buy with shards, vendor Righteous VII or the Vacancy fusion?
I really like the Righteous VII but I'm an auto rifle guy. I hear the Vacancy is a good fusion.

The Righteous is a decent shooter in the midrange, good stability and a large enough mag for prefire.

Rehsa

I really like the Righteous VII but I'm an auto rifle guy. I hear the Vacancy is a good fusion.

The Righteous is a decent shooter in the midrange, good stability and a large enough mag for prefire.
Yeah I like autos too, just need to buy something or I am going to waste the marks from IB turning in the bounties.

ich00

Is Light Level 319 good to run heroic King's Fall? I see the recommended level is 310, but not sure how realistic that is.

Also, any chance of Xbone Dgaf activities this week sometime? My gamer tag is HippoAvenger, feel free to add me! Still trying to connect with Xbone gafers!

I just shot you a FR. Trying to build up some dgaf xbox friends. I've been away from this site for too long.

ich00

I'm not sure who is in that KF raid, but do they need an Oryx cp? I have a hm one and wouldn't mind sharing with them.

I'd like to add a bit onto the post that I had Phenom post for me yesterday when i was banned. For now, I think this reflects my thoughts, and there is plenty more that will be said another time.

Over the last two years, this game has been an emotional rollercoaster for me. Bungie created a world where you meet new people and go out on adventures to become legends. But what really makes you legendary is not how high your light is or how good you are at the game, but how many people you leave an impression on along the way.

DestinyGAF is not just a tight-nit community, but a family - forged in the fires of the now distant Alpha - and it has been burning ever since. There are many pillars of this community - some have moved on and some have remained - and they have each contributed to making this community what it is today. But if there was one who constantly went out of his way, relentlessly extending a helping hand to anyone who needed it, it was Dr Drizzay.

Drizzay put the D in DestinyGAF. The community that exists today through all its ups and downs is very much his own. If the entirety of DestinyGAF were in a clan, he was its leader. He was a literal example of what a Guardian should be. But now, that Guardian is down.

The outpouring of support for Drizzay from various corners of the internet has shown just how many people his light reached. People who didn't even play with him have felt his warmth, and everyone has a positive story to share about their time with him.

I have very fond memories of the moments I shared with him, however, I am not proud of our last encounter. It was in May during a Trials of Osiris run. I had grown frustrated and stopped doing my best. He sensed that and encouraged me to do better - because that is the kind of person he was. He never got upset with you, but he would always call you out if he knew you weren't doing your best. Unfortunately, I did not heed his words and he then said to me "It's okay if you are not feeling up to it." This was someone who always looked forward to playing with me every weekend, and on that day, I let him down.

Drizzay's untimely passing reminds us that he was human. Even though his machine-like operation and omnipresence said otherwise, he'd get frustrated at the game the same as I or anyone would and even he'd take the occasional break And he'd be the first person to tell you to stop playing if you were not having fun.. But he would then spend hours watching over his footage or studying the game mechanics to learn its ins and outs so that he could learn from his mistakes and teach others. His unwavering dedication to not just the game, but to everyone in its community is what will make him immortal. It's that selfless commitment that he leaves behind, inspiring all of us to be better.

Drizzay did everything. He was up bright and early to lead reset Raids and on later in the week to help fill the last spot. He sherpa'd countless guardians through Skolas, and then he'd hop on over to anchor an Iron Banner train.. He carried people to the lighthouse week after week, and even started playing on other player's accounts, challenging himself with unfamiliar builds. He even helped people with quests, and he wouldn't complain when you booted up the quest again after realizing that you were doing the wrong one halfway through. You'd have a hard time finding someone here who didn't have a trophy or achievement that he wasn't involved in here. Because at the end of the day, he was always here. He would always take the time to share strategies and tips or hop in our streams and cheer us on, and he was always looking for the next person who needed a helping hand. How many OTs has he diligently coordinated and posted for us now? Again, this community is very much his. He took it by the reigns and said "I care about these people" and he never let us down. Not once. The biggest mistake we have all made is in believing that he would always be here.

What I will remember of him most fondly is actually not even related to Destiny. It was the day I played through the Halo 5 Campaign with him and Unstable. We were shooting the shit and talking about everything except Destiny, and it made me realize that this isn't a community that exists solely to LFG or argue over what the best class in the game is. We're friends, and many of us have created real, meaningful and life-long bonds from this game that transcend its boundaries.

I am humbled to have known someone like him. Really, we should all be so lucky. His light reached everyone. Even Bungie themselves:
RSYYshP.jpg

I lost someone I would consider a mentor. Someone who would always praise me for my ability at the game, but then he'd turn around and surpass me. I felt like I would always learn something new when I played with him. His presence was otherworldly. Nobody else could jump into a lobby and make you feel like everything would be fine. When Drizzay was around, you knew shit was going to get done. And even when it did not, he would be there the next day to make sure it did.

I wrote this poem a while ago when I was going through a rough time. I think it speaks to the kind of man he was:

Bright flames dont burn for long, their light too strong to last
The ashes scatter in the wind, and darkness comes to pass
But in that moment, though brief and rare, no shadows will you find
For just as brightly as you burned, your glow you will leave behind

Luke Smith said it best. He didn't need to become a legend. He was already legendary.

Rehsa

I like the RVII. But then again, it could just be because of the noise it makes when it fires.
Lol I'll end up buying it as well. Thanks for letting me your spot in the raid man. I don't get to raid because they start about this time, had to sweet talk the wife.

Lol I'll end up buying it as well. Thanks for letting me your spot in the raid man. I don't get to raid because they start about this time, had to sweet talk the wife.
No problem. You're in really good hands with Hawkian.

And, yeah, Righteous VII is a solid gun.

deafmedal

I took quite a break from Destiny and as a byproduct, this thread which I used to read pretty religiously even if I am not the most vocal member. I've played with many of the DGAF vets, some once or twice, others many times. I've always had (and will continue to have) a special place in my heart for this community. My group of good buds convinced me to give ROI a chance as I was pretty down on the game after TTK, and more specifically HM KF. I didn't like where pvp was, shit was too grindy and no one wanted to run VoG anymore (hehe) so I bounced with no sure intentions of coming back. Thing is, now I want to, and don't even want to wait till ROI. I want to help people again, and just have a good time floating around (pimplock4lyfe) with the fine folks here...

Video games are the ultimate realization of imagination. Imagination is key to unlocking child like wonder, something we only experience (if lucky) for such a brief period of time, something we could all stand to be able to tap into more often. It allows a respite from the distress and monotony from the day to day which we all experience in one form or another, good and bad. As humans it is wired deep down inside us to love our own and do anything to protect and serve our tribe, including killing those we view as threats. Video games, in my opinion, allow us to tap into that ugly part of humanity and discharge that urge and reap the benefits of brotherhood that only soldiers can know. Corny, and maybe you don't see it but going to war against the darkness and creating bonds with people all over the world is something real, even if we never meet face to face. It is real because WE give it life, this imaginary world, these imaginary friends. We feel each others pains, and revel in one another's joys.

Doc was our top general, always on the battlefield fighting with the grunts and special forces alike. A cool voice of reason and stern when shit got out of hand. He facilitated and fostered lasting memories and friendships and his passing will leave a void that cannot be filled, nor should it. Time will dull the pain and we will all drift on to new adventures and experiences but nothing can take away our memories as long as we have our health so rejoice and pass it on as long as you can.

So thank you to Bungie for giving us this playground, NeoGAF for bringing us together, Doc for leading us headfirst into the abyss, and DGAF for being the best gaming community ever :)

DGAF is the best GAF!

WipedOut

I'd like to add a bit onto the post that I had Phenom post for me yesterday when i was banned. For now, I think this reflects my thoughts, and there is plenty more that will be said another time.

Over the last two years, this game has been an emotional rollercoaster for me. Bungie created a world where you meet new people and go out on adventures to become legends. But what really makes you legendary is not how high your light is or how good you are at the game, but how many people you leave an impression on along the way.

DestinyGAF is not just a tight-nit community, but a family - forged in the fires of the now distant Alpha - and it has been burning ever since. There are many pillars of this community - some have moved on and some have remained - and they have each contributed to making this community what it is today. But if there was one who constantly went out of his way, relentlessly extending a helping hand to anyone who needed it, it was Dr Drizzay.

Drizzay put the D in DestinyGAF. The community that exists today through all its ups and downs is very much his own. If the entirety of DestinyGAF were in a clan, he was its leader. He was a literal example of what a Guardian should be. But now, that Guardian is down.

The outpouring of support for Drizzay from various corners of the internet has shown just how many people his light reached. People who didn't even play with him have felt his warmth, and everyone has a positive story to share about their time with him.

I have very fond memories of the moments I shared with him, however, I am not proud of our last encounter. It was in May during a Trials of Osiris run. I had grown frustrated and stopped doing my best. He sensed that and encouraged me to do better - because that is the kind of person he was. He never got upset with you, but he would always call you out if he knew you weren't doing your best. Unfortunately, I did not heed his words and he then said to me "It's okay if you are not feeling up to it." This was someone who always looked forward to playing with me every weekend, and on that day, I let him down.

Drizzay's untimely passing reminds us that he was human. Even though his machine-like operation and omnipresence said otherwise, he'd get frustrated at the game the same as I or anyone would and even he'd take the occasional break And he'd be the first person to tell you to stop playing if you were not having fun.. But he would then spend hours watching over his footage or studying the game mechanics to learn its ins and outs so that he could learn from his mistakes and teach others. His unwavering dedication to not just the game, but to everyone in its community is what will make him immortal. It's that selfless commitment that he leaves behind, inspiring all of us to be better.

Drizzay did everything. He was up bright and early to lead reset Raids and on later in the week to help fill the last spot. He sherpa'd countless guardians through Skolas, and then he'd hop on over to anchor an Iron Banner train.. He carried people to the lighthouse week after week, and even started playing on other player's accounts, challenging himself with unfamiliar builds. He even helped people with quests, and he wouldn't complain when you booted up the quest again after realizing that you were doing the wrong one halfway through. You'd have a hard time finding someone here who didn't have a trophy or achievement that he wasn't involved in here. Because at the end of the day, he was always here. He would always take the time to share strategies and tips, and always looking for the next person who needed a helping hand. How many OTs has he diligently coordinated and posted for us now? Again, this community is very much his. He took it by the reigns and said "I care about these people" and he never let us down. Not once. The biggest mistake we have all made is in believing that he would always be here.

What I will remember of him most fondly is actually not even related to Destiny. It was the day I played through the Halo 5 Campaign with him and Unstable. We were shooting the shit and talking about everything except Destiny, and it made me realize that this isn't a community that exists solely to LFG or argue over what the best class in the game is. We're friends, and many of us have created real, meaningful and life-long bonds from this game that transcend its boundaries.

I am humbled to have known someone like him. Really, we should all be so lucky. His light reached everyone. Even Bungie themselves:
RSYYshP.jpg

I lost someone I would consider a mentor. Someone who would always praise me for my ability at the game, but then he'd turn around and surpass me. I felt like I would always learn something new when I played with him. His presence was otherworldly. Nobody else could jump into a lobby and make you feel like everything would be fine. When Drizzay was around, you knew shit was going to get done. And even when it did not, he would be there the next day to make sure it did.

I wrote this poem a while ago when I was going through a rough time. I think it speaks to the kind of man he was:

Luke Smith said it best. He didn't need to become a legend. He was already legendary.

Awesome post man and well said.

Drizzay did everything. He was up bright and early to lead reset Raids and on later in the week to help fill the last spot. He sherpa'd countless guardians through Skolas, and then he'd hop on over to anchor an Iron Banner train.. He carried people to the lighthouse week after week, and even started playing on other player's accounts, challenging himself with unfamiliar builds. He even helped people with quests, and he wouldn't complain when you booted up the quest again after realizing that you were doing the wrong one halfway through. You'd have a hard time finding someone here who didn't have a trophy or achievement that he wasn't involved in here. Because at the end of the day, he was always here. He would always take the time to share strategies and tips, and always looking for the next person who needed a helping hand. How many OTs has he diligently coordinated and posted for us now? Again, this community is very much his. He took it by the reigns and said "I care about these people" and he never let us down. Not once. The biggest mistake we have all made is in believing that he would always be here.

RSYYshP.jpg

Choked up reading that. Beautiful words.

RSYYshP.jpg

+100000

RSYYshP.jpg

This really brought out the feels. Great post. You couldn't have put it any better.

This gets my seal of approval.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I hope they design maps better from here on out. Some maps just have spawns where whoever lands it has a huge advantage. You land the bad one and you spend the match going private Ryan trying capture it. It just sucks.

I hope they design maps better from here on out. Some maps just have spawns where whoever lands it has a huge advantage. You land the bad one and you spend the match going private Ryan trying capture it. It just sucks.

I hate Black shield, whoever controls the middle has a huge advantage.

Everybody is just staying back. F this. I'm tired of this campy crap.

Like five straight matches of just people staying in their spawns. I had enough of that.

Thanks for saving me from that hell guys. I could only take so much of the campy stuff before I go nuts.

The last three games were on Memento, Rusted Lands, and Frontier. Frontier and Memento are campy by nature in Clash - there is no incentive to run out in the open. Rusted Lands we were playing against a team that had quite a few sniper angles covered. Again, not a whole lot of aggressive options that made sense. I'm genuinely curious as to what we did wrong - I'm not denying they were campy games, but it just seemed to make sense given the situations and maps.

Big shout out to CrudeDiatribe for inviting me to join his fireteam tonight! Looking forward to more Xbone adventures with DGaf in the near future!

Top Bottom