• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection for PS4/XBOX ONE rated by Korean Game Rating Board

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm convinced the people who love Ezio are the same type of people who support Trump (the ones who believe he'll be great because he has 'strength' and 'passion'). They're both brash, arrogant, ignorant assholes who appeal to really only the basest of demographics. Ezio finally starts learning from his mistakes and becoming a better person in Revelations, which is the same game these people seem to dislike. TO BE CLEAR: I'm not talking about the racism and disturbing policies, purely the way they both act and speak. Their personas. Hell, you've all heard of those people who like the way he 'says what he thinks' and whatnot.

Sorry folks, Altair is the probably the only actual person in the series. Feels like an actual human being compared to simply a character (or caricature in Ezio's case).
While not in the same words, I agree.
Ezio was always a bit of a dick really, it's wasn't until Rev that he matured, I liked Conner better.
But the reasons I didn't like him is probably way people like him.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Unpopular opinion warning, but the game I really want them to revisit is AC3. I enjoyed everything about that game, except for its bugginess, which was so frustrating I just couldn't continue anymore.

I feel like that game was one final coat of polish away from being pretty great, but I don't see them ever putting the effort in given how (somewhat deservedly) badly it was received.

Ezio trilogy could be cool if they give it some bells and whistles from their new engine, but I suspect it'll be quite a basic port.

I'm convinced the people who love Ezio are the same type of people who support Trump (the ones who believe he'll be great because he has 'strength' and 'passion'). They're both brash, arrogant, ignorant assholes who appeal to really only the basest of demographics. Ezio finally starts learning from his mistakes and becoming a better person in Revelations, which is the same game these people seem to dislike. TO BE CLEAR: I'm not talking about the racism and disturbing policies, purely the way they both act and speak. Their personas. Hell, you've all heard of those people who like the way he 'says what he thinks' and whatnot.

Sorry folks, Altair is the probably the only actual person in the series. Feels like an actual human being compared to simply a character (or caricature in Ezio's case).

What the fuck are you talking about?

Day fuckin one. I was literally only talking to my younger brother on the weekend about how I wanted them to do a remake of the Ezio games. Brotherhood is still my favourite AC game.

Can you link me to the meme this is based on?

Early AC games are way too outdated and cumbersome for me to enjoy, a remake with new traversal is the only way I'd go back. Would anyone want to catch all flags a second time??

I'm not surprised less people picked up Rogue, it was really dying for a PS4/X1 port and I think a lot of people were expecting one. I wouldn't be surprised if Unity getting dragged through the mud probably scared them off it for whatever reason, should have come out when they released the PC version.

It's the only proper AC game I haven't played, so I would have definitely picked it up.
Play Rogue on PC like I did. It was fantastic.

Altair is so low energy that I'm convinced that the people who love him are the same type that support Jeb.

User1608

Banned
Alright, will buy! Love Ezio!

Lmao. I fucking hate Trump with a passion. But this is hilarious.

Davide

Rogue does everything Black Flag does well better. And it significantly improves upon the story and missions. It's a pity that Rogue was relegated to the last gen consoles and the spotlight was directed to Unity.

I've only played maybe five sequences of Rogue, it doesn't help playing it on 360 after playing BF on PS4, but that same sense of discovery isn't there and I just don't like the locations as much. It's a game where I feel like rushing through the story and avoiding the side quests. Haven't even particularly liked the missions. Maybe it gets better.

I can't get into Syndicate either, either it's franchise fatigue or the games have gotten so much more dull. And I used to not be able to put down an Assassin's Creed game. The Ezio trilogy, I will get day 1. I'd prefer to play them for the third time than finish Rogue or Syndicate.

I'm making a habit of selling off the Ps3 versions and buying the PS4 collection. I've done it for uncharted, bioshock and the quartic dream games. Probably do it for this too. :p

Paganmoon

Love the Ezio trilogy.

I promise I will hug you this time Leonardo! I promise!

Play Rogue on PC like I did. It was fantastic.

Got Rogue during Steam Summer sale. All I could think was "this was supposed to be the better game compared to Unity?" I mean, it was ok, but I hear people talk about it as if it was the best AC in ages. It was hardly better than Unity, story wise, it was pretty damned bad to be honest, everything but the last mission.

I really loved and enjoyed AC2, AC:B and AC:R, but by the time I finished these games I was almost done with the series. I skipped AC3, got AC4 and never played it through.

Lets wait and see the quality of these Remasters and then I'll contain my nostalgia or not

SJRB

Gold Member
While not in the same words, I agree.
Ezio was always a bit of a dick really, it's wasn't until Rev that he matured, I liked Conner better.
But the reasons I didn't like him is probably way people like him.

Ezio got the entire Assassin order in Constantinople killed because of his carelesness, and his attempt to kill a templar [which turned out to be the wrong guy] got pretty much the entire town of Cappadocia destroyed and most of its residents killed. He literally burned down an entire town to smoke out one guy.

Ezio is a sociopath and has more blood on his hands than the Templars ever could.

I'm rooting for the Templars.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm struggling to think of any Ubisoft remasters. Do they tend to put care into them? I don't know how interested I'd be if it's just upscaled graphics. ACII (especially ACII) and Brotherhood had some baaaad textures.

thebloo

Ezio got the entire Assassin order in Constantinople killed because of his carelesness, and his attempt to kill a templar [which turned out to be the wrong guy] got pretty much the entire town of Cappadocia destroyed and most of its residents killed. He literally burned down an entire town to smoke out one guy.

Ezio is a sociopath and has more blood on his hands than the Templars ever could.

That was sort of the point? I mean, you're clearly exaggerating, but that was the whole idea. Ezio was reckless, brash and made a lot of mistakes. Even in AC:Rev, where he's matured he still kills the wrong people. Altair is also flawed, Connor is unhinged, Edward is a dickhead, Arno is really fucked up.

It's one of the things I actually like about the series.

ZeroX03

Banned
I have complex feelings on AC3. Favorite story. Like the world. Some bad gameplay design. Tunnels were weird. Bad performance on console really exacerbated the problems. I feel if they took the time to fix things up beyond resolution and framerate it could be a much better game overall. Bring over ACIV and Rogue's improvements.

Heard the Washington DLC wasn't half bad.

I hope we get 3, Liberations, and Rogue at some point. I loved 3.
I didn't really care for 3 personally, but I'd love the other two to come over. Have Rogues disc waiting to be used, and have always wanted to play Liberations

Edit: like above I heard the DLC was at least good and I never tried that so I'd be cool with that coming too

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Liberation is incredibly boring and both it and Rogue are lacking in content. I'm surprised I made it through both.

BRUH LMAO

I post this in every Remaster thread.

Why did I buy a PS3?

Lol its an obvious joke but seriously... EVERYTHING is getting ported. Skip everything from PS360.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
BRUH LMAO

I post this in every Remaster thread.

Why did I buy a PS3?

Lol its an obvious joke but seriously... EVERYTHING is getting ported. Skip everything from PS360.

It's kind of hard to be too mad about it. Last generation had some seriously low standards for performance and image quality. Assassin Creed II has some amazingly bad textures and lighting (I guess all the bloom was supposed to compensate for that).

juqsuo_409129-assassin-s-creed-ii-xbox-360-screenshot-ezio-your-next-ancestor.jpg

Brotherhood was marginally better. They didn't really overhaul the graphics until Revelations, but that ran pretty badly.

bobawesome

This is quite the fucking shitpost.

edit: Did I just get doodled?

AfroDust

I don't know about you guys but I hate the fact that Ezio gets all this love when Altair is clearly the cooler protagonist.

AGITΩ

Ill likely get this, only because i miss Desmond and the whole Ancient Aliens feel of the series.

And anyone who disagrees, cool, but thats what hooked me into the series.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Love Ezio and that Brutus Master Assassin outfit is still the snaziest gear in the entire series but I just can't bring myself to buy another AC game that isn't a multi-player/Virgin Islands add on to black flag.

That game is the fucking top of the tits and can't be beat within the series. Although I never played syndicate...no boats though. And no Edward. So it's DQed immediately.

Let me and my daughter make a fuckin pirate fleet Ubisoft you had a game changer right in the palm of your hand and you made Unity!! Smfh...

jmaine_ph

One of Gameblog's sources working in retail sent us a picture that seemingly proves that the Ezio Collection is coming. The picture is there: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/61799-assassin-s-creed-the-ezio-collection-confirme-en-image

The collection apparently runs in 1080p/30 FPS, contains all the DLC and the 2 animated movies about Ezio.

The Ezio Collection should come out in November and cost less than 70 euros.

30fps is very disappointing, are you telling me the current gen can't handle this game at 60fps and 1080p because some reworked textures?.

I've always been rooting for the templars, especially after Rogue. The only assassin I ever rooted for was Ezio but after he died I've been team templar. Still can't believe what happened to the honorable Haytham :(

@Wreck

you trolling right dog? =)

since there is not AC this year i'll happily jump into this! Ezio trilogy was awesome and then the last two imo

Top Bottom