• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Considering how shitty all the DLC characters have been this season they really should have made all the stages a part of the season pass.

What does the balance of the DLC characters necessarily have to do with the value of the season pass? Especially since the DLC characters are almost guaranteed to get some buffs next year.

What does the balance of the DLC characters necessarily have to do with the value of the season pass? Especially since the DLC characters are almost guaranteed to get some buffs next year.
I don't blame people who decide to skip the pass if characters they were looking forward to using are mediocre in the eyes of many. I know that is why I didn't bother with it. I was looking forward to Alex most, but Ibuki could have gotten use out of me and most stronger players than I think SHE is worse than him. Not gonna hold my breath on Urien being an exception to the rule. There is a middle ground between weak and AE Yun. Capcom can figure out what that is in season 2 for more than just one or two DLC characters in a season

Also, no one is buying characters because they're getting buffs in a year lmao. Everyone buys or doesn't buy based on what they see day 1 or shortly after. Buying with expectations that they'll be stronger in a year is just as dumb as not buying because of perceived weaknesses (yeah, I admit this is dumb reasoning).

Damn. Was thinking about getting all the stages last night but decided not to and now I lost all my FM.
Rip 700+K

How can they check who used 1 round but can't put in a proper rage quit system?
ggs capcpom.

- J - D -

I finally made it to silver with my ibuki tonight but then a string of Ryu matches happened right afterward and now I want to break something.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
That many cheaters here and willing to admit it, huh?
You don't understand man it was just for the colours! That 30+ dollars worth of fight money was just a side effect! Can't believe Capcom is so stingy that they are protecting a major source of revenue for a financially struggling game. Assholes.

1 round survival

You act like we were doing something horrible that ruin your experience of the game, amibots ruin games, wall hacks ruin the game, border less shit ruin SFV, the cheap PS4 players are just fucking jealous they couldn't cheat too, so now many of you around the net are saying good those fuckers got punish, when you know you wanted to cheat and steal that FM for shitty season one characters...

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
1 round survival

You act like we were doing something horrible that ruin your experience of the game, amibots ruin games, wall hacks ruin the game, border less shit ruin SFV, the cheap PS4 players are just fucking jealous they couldn't cheat too, so now many of you around the net are saying good those fuckers got punish, when you know you wanted to cheat and steal that FM for shitty season one characters...
Haha, stop it with that garbage, I'm on PC and nah, didn't do it. You didn't ruin anything for me.
Ultimately it's Capcom's fault, but it kind of sucks that people are abusing this pretty cool system to unlock pay DLC through just playing the game.

Nah you weren't ruining other people's experience, but you were cheating the system and gaining FM by means of external resources which Im sure is against their EULA.
Maybe you did it for the colors, but you also got large amounts of FM which Im sure you spent on something.

Hyun Sai

Haha, stop it with that garbage, I'm on PC and nah, didn't do it.
There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development.gif

Cheaters who think every player is on their moral level to justify their act are the most hilarious bunch anyway.

They're still lucky Capcom didn't do this :
I won't be surprised if they roll out another update which truly removes all the stuff that people got with their illegal fight money.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm convinced Wolfkrone will have his breakthrough. He's still grinding all this time while everyone calls him shit. That'll pay off.

Pompadour

1 round survival

The PS4 players could and did cheat. That's probably what got Capcom's attention.

It looks like if you cheated survival and turned around to buy, say, every Story costume in the game you essentially for off easy. People are reporting keeping everything they bought with the ill-gotten FM. You only really lost something if you didn't spend the FM.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
1 round survival

I have zero problem with people cheating the system, because you're right, it doesn't affect me. I also have zero problem with Capcom responding to it, and I'll happily laugh at anyone who gets indignant about it.

SSReborn

I'm convinced Wolfkrone will have his breakthrough. He's still grinding all this time while everyone calls him shit. That'll pay off.

I don't really get how someone can honestly call him shit he's obviously a very good player. To the point of him having a breakthrough I dunno he literally was making it seem like he was gonna drop the game the other day on Facebook until his mood changed again recently. But I kinda get the vibe his interest is wavering well... until just recently when he ended up winning the tourney thing.

Big Brett

i dont care that they took my fm from 1 round survival but i am also not going to take the moral high ground on two shitty systems, Capcom's and the workaround's

KingBroly

Banned
I think it's Capcom's fault for ultimately creating a terribly unfun mode and then defending it like it's what players should strive to beat before competing against other players online. When your WORLD CHAMPION (Infiltration) basically says 'yeah, just let us buy the colors' you know the mode is fucking awful. If your WORLD CHAMPION has problems with the mode, it shows how tone deaf you are as a company when it comes to making modes for fighting games.

If the mode wasn't awful, I doubt it'd have escalated to the point it ultimately did.

Skilletor

That many cheaters here and willing to admit it, huh?

Yeah?

I bought the game twice. Bought the season pass twice. Will be getting colors with season pass starting next month.

It was never about fight money. It was about my time. I'd gladly spend money to buy colors and stages, but they didn't give me the option.

I'm not mad at Capcom for doing this, though. Makes sense to me.

JayEH

1 round survival

Console peasants

Edzi

Some of you guys are sounding pretty pathetic with the condescending tone and moral superiority thing, especially considering I never heard anyone complain before now.

Yeah?

I bought the game twice. Bought the season pass twice. Will be getting colors with season pass starting next month.

It was never about fight money. It was about my time. I'd gladly spend money to buy colors and stages, but they didn't give me the option.

I'm not mad at Capcom for doing this, though. Makes sense to me.

Pretty much.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I think it's Capcom's fault for ultimately creating a terribly unfun mode and then defending it like it's what players should strive to beat before competing against other players online. When your WORLD CHAMPION (Infiltration) basically says 'yeah, just let us buy the colors' you know the mode is fucking awful. If your WORLD CHAMPION has problems with the mode, it shows how tone deaf you are as a company when it comes to making modes for fighting games.

If the mode wasn't awful, I doubt it'd have escalated to the point it ultimately did.

Counterpoint: If people can get something for free with little effort, they will. Fight Money has a dollar value and if there is a tool out there that gets it fast, people will use it even if the mode they are bypassing is fun.

JayEH

I don't know why this is such a big deal. People cheated, got caught, end of story. Getting salty over people getting salty is so dumb.

KingBroly

Banned
Counterpoint: If people can get something for free with little effort, they will. Fight Money has a dollar value and if there is a tool out there that gets it fast, people will use it even if the mode they are bypassing is fun.

If the mode wasn't awful, people wouldn't have gone searching for it. The amount of people that used it would've been a lot smaller than it ended up being (which is probably like...95% of all PC players, lol)

Hell, that PS4 exploit is how Tournaments got colors unlocked for Streams, and that sounds more mind-bendy to me.

As I've always said, I put the blame on Fight Money, because it affected every core aspect of the game's design. It removed the fun from those modes by putting so much FM behind an insane grind.

I honestly don't get the disconnect because SFV was the first fighter where I've been able to complete all the combo trials. All of a sudden hard survival mode turns into a wall that even gold level players like me gave up on. What a shitty mode.

If the mode wasn't awful, people wouldn't have gone searching for it. The amount of people that used it would've been a lot smaller than it ended up being (which is probably like...95% of all PC players, lol)

You are seriously overestimating how many pc players cheated.

mbpm1

How do I play Necalli?

Neutral is a mix between st. hk, v-skill, things buffered into stomp, occasional sweeps, and dash up pressure

AA with st. jab, dp, and cr. hp

mk stomp gives enough frame advantage to link cr. mp into stuff after

On knockdown presure with any combination of meaty st lk, st. mk, cr. mk, and tick or meaty command grabs

Neutral is a mix between st. hk, v-skill, things buffered into stomp, occasional sweeps, and dash up pressure

AA with st. jab, dp, and cr. hp

mk stomp gives enough frame advantage to link cr. mp into stuff after

On knockdown presure with any combination of meaty st lk, st. mk, cr. mk, and tick or meaty command grabs

How much does his game change when he's in V Trigger?

How much does his game change when he's in V Trigger?
He gains access to more damaging combos, he's generally faster in both walkspeed and dash speed, pretty much all his moves become better and his v-skill becomes much more difficult to punish.

It doesn't cover any of his weaknesses so to speak, but it just makes his tools better. For specifics, hopefully some Necalli mains can shed some light.

Just remember that you can combo off a st.lp xx V-trigger. He's perhaps the only character that can confirm into V-Trigger off a non-counter hit light.

I think Ryu may be able to do that too. And Chun

I feel like we would've seen top players use that if that was the case, and there would probably also be like a million posts all over the place complaining about how broken those characters are that they can do that shit.

Top Bottom