• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Because Nya.^_^

02294a3557acbaa757bd2cf168622ca4.jpg

20130822162104.jpg
6b3c2811cab3dd93a8fdf20bfed6d176_480.jpg

Dude goes into every fight essentially playing Russian Roulette.

Realest G there is.
Thing's even sentient enough to troll him.
Killua: "Why did you create this power?"

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
If u mean the worst of all top tier hunter then i agree lol.^_^

I mean, in what way a weapon which is decided by RNG Goddess is badass lol.O_O

The RNG nature is probably the deal he made with himself to have more weapons or make them more powerful.

upandaway

While I really like Nen and how it works out, this part is slightly unsatisfying to me.

Who the hell did Kurapika make this deal with? It's really wierd because nothing suggests there's any kind of intelligence to Nen itself, that it's just how the HxH world works...but how do you work out an exchange with what seems to be laws of physics?
Nen's strength partly comes from one's mental strength. Making a concrete condition to yourself is one of the "shortcuts" to strengthening it, but it's still not absolute because you can just break the condition (which will decrease the power or remove it completely, but it's still possible in an emergency). Kurapika cleared all the possible smoke in his head by blocking that option.

Presumably stronger minded people would need less conditions to achieve the same thing as weaker people

Fandangox

iirc I remember someone saying that in the Manga (before localization) Pitou uses male pronouns when referring to himself, or something among those lines.

casiopao

That's not the only character whose gender has confused the anime watchers.

The next arc is literally all about gender confusion lol.^_^

iirc I remember someone saying that in the Manga (before localization) Pitou uses male pronouns when referring to himself, or something among those lines.

If i am not mistaken, rather than being male or female, all Chimera Ant actually had no gender lol.

Veelk

Banned
If i am not mistaken, rather than being male or female, all Chimera Ant actually had no gender lol.

But if I'm not mistaken, that's a thing some women do occasionally. Idk.

I pretty much just assume Pitou and other female looking ants are female because 1. it's just more sensible with their design and these things are really only Ant's in name only and 2. There aren't enough badass women in shonen that are just treated 'normally' as fighters. Like, what happens to
Pitou when she faces down Gon
is not something that would ever fly in tradtional shonen manga rules, so I'd rather just assume that Pitou is a woman that refers to herself in masculine pronouns as just a way to give his editors handwaves when some gets upset because they see a woman in combat. Part of what makes Pitou so awesome is that she's just another fighter and I'd rather not ruin that.

Lulubop

Pitou is a boy. The male pronoun thing, plus I'm almost positive it's stated in the Manga that the queen can only give birth to males.

It was the Anime that really blurred the line, (female va, slimming Pitou's waist and making his chest bigger).

casiopao

Pitou is a boy. The male pronoun thing, plus I'm almost positive it's stated in the Manga that the queen can only give birth to males.

It was the Anime that really blurred the line, (female va, slimming Pitou's waist and making his chest bigger).

Isn't that in the databook, it never mentioned what the gender of all Chimera Ant except the Queen and King? As they just put them all as Chimera Ant.

The next arc? There is a character that will show up later in this arc.
Ironically another sibling of Killua's

Alluka is even worst though.^_^ I mean, Kaluto still in a way had some male name. Alluka is more or less fully girl lol.^_^

Even my ex thought Kurama was a girl. Though he isn't as bad as Gepilnitch from Macross 7. I was convinced he was a hot chick.

Japan love all that good trap character.^_^

Mael

Ant arc and after spoiler.
No spoiler for non anime stuffs.

Alluka's situation is simple, Alluka is born male but identify as female.
It's been stated before that the Zoldyck children are all boys.
killua is the only one that considers Alluka as a human to begin with.
And the ants are all male, it's been stated when they talk about the demographic explosion if the Queen gives birth and then the other Ants go and make their own kingdom or something.

wait, pitou isn't supposed to be a girl?

My understanding is no. The children of the queen take on characteristics of the people and animals the queen consumed. Because of this this, the soldiers aren't really lobsters and crabs and geckos etc. They are all ants, it's just how they look.

The same goes for the appearance of gender. All the ants are the same gender except the queen, who would be considered the only female because she lays eggs.

There is a process for creating a new queen but they don't need one.

Pitou is the result of female characteristics being picked up from female humans the queen ate, but Pitou had the same gender (or lack of gender) as all the other ants.

They are all the same gender, which was considered male because they don't lay eggs.

Ant arc and after spoiler.
No spoiler for non anime stuffs.

Alluka's situation is simple, Alluka is born male but identify as female.
It's been stated before that the Zoldyck children are all boys.
killua is the only one that considers Alluka as a human to begin with.
And the ants are all male, it's been stated when they talk about the demographic explosion if the Queen gives birth and then the other Ants go and make their own kingdom or something.

The ants are not all male. Palm and Reina are definitely female. Kite, Hina and Zazan most probably so. Only Neferpitou is ambiguous really, and in the real world both male and female ants go out to form their own colonies and the females become queens.

How the hell does Palm cook without getting hair in her food? So Knov sends people to some kind of alternate dimension like Vanilla Ice and The Hando?

"Adding Interest"
WHAT THE FUCKING MOTHERFUCKING FUCKING FUCK!!!!!
25S6mdl.gif

Knuckle please stop fucking talking!!!
Togashi please!! World building Nen mechanics overload!!
Lol Knuckle practically beat Gon to death with math alone!!

I just want to note that this is really inappropriate. Please refrain from using the word 'trap' in this context as it's actually very offensive. Thanks.
Oh god I had no clue the term was found offensive, sorry about that...what exactly is the PC term for that?
In other news:
tenor.gif

Daingurse

All ants other than queen are male. Even Zazan is male.

There's your answer.

They're all male in terms of sex yeah, but I always felt that the feminine looking Chimera Ants think of themselves as female in terms of gender identity. That's why I use "she" when referring to characters like Zazan, Pitou, and Hina.

So Imperfect Cell ripped himself right out of his own womb.

Mereum is pretty much a Imperfect Cell/Frieza mash-up in terms of looks lol.

They're all male in terms of sex yeah, but I always felt that the feminine looking Chimera Ants think of themselves as female in terms of gender identity. That's why I use "she" when referring to characters like Zazan, Pitou, and Hina.

Mereum is pretty much a Imperfect Cell/Frieza mash-up in terms of looks lol.
Mereum is such a dick. Kind of felt bad for the Queen aftearwards, but still even in the end she loved her son. Lol at Palm making and stabbing a ton of stuffed Gon's. Palm just wanted a date. Look at this fucking cheetah man strutting his stuff!!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
"Adding Interest"
WHAT THE FUCKING MOTHERFUCKING FUCKING FUCK!!!!!
25S6mdl.gif

Knuckle please stop fucking talking!!!
Togashi please!! World building Nen mechanics overload!!
Lol Knuckle practically beat Gon to death with math alone!!
And there it is

Top Bottom