• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
zombieshavebrains said:
So i guess if anyone else wants the earbuds just send me a PM and i can log into your account. I already did it for shadowcomplex.

So far i'm please with how TF2 runs on my Macbook Pro. I foresee myself playing on it in OS X instead of booting up Windows 7 to play it.
Check your PMs.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Invincible crit rocket defense (Not bad for our class composition)
hWfb4.jpg

Yay
Xp6EY.jpg

Even Demo spam cannot stop the Javastax as they roll 7-0
tpBwq.jpg

Luckily no one can play defense and we counter roll 7-0 :lol
uLNkC.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Kuro Madoushi said:
DAMN "YOU'RE" Ner-Oh?! >:/

Hah! See old Kuro wasn't dominated, sucka!!!!!!!!
It was only on the 3rd map of dustbowl that you even started making it to me.
I had so many buff banners :lol

Sciz

Kuro Madoushi said:
Bah. You're too aware to get backstabbed :(

I'll just try to snipe you from now on! :D
I don't need nearly as much practice flaregunning mostly immobile targets though. D:

Plus there was some really ace spy in the Badwater game that I managed to catch all of once. I hadn't been shivved so much in ages.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Has anyone who had been experiencing loads of random crashes (mainly on map changes) finding things any better with this patch? From what I played last night seemed to be running much better.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
I think i did okay on my mac last night. I did have some sound issues where when spawning there would be no sound then when i got into the action it would come back for some reason. I like the little training course too, would be cool if someone could make a map off of that idea. Also i love that koth_harvest is in the map rotation, that is a very cool map.

koth_harvest_event0000.jpg

koth_harvest_event0001.jpg

Inkwell

Banned
I'm going through hat fortress 2 withdrawal :(. I don't know if anyone remembers or cares, but I have been getting random freezes with my pc ever since I built it. This was even after buying a new HD (and subsequent windows reinstall). I even did a RMA on my ram (which I thought was the problem), but I still had the same issues.

Well, at the beginning of the week I did a reinstall of windows. I'm slowly loading drivers and updates. So far I haven't had a single freeze in close to a week. It used to happen at least once a day. I've been acting a bit paranoid about being online because I don't have all the security updates or a proper firewall.

I'm installing new things and then testing the stability of my system for a day or two, so it's taking forever. Just thinking of all the potential hats and crafting materials I'm missing makes me :(.

Javaman

Inkwell said:
I'm going through hat fortress 2 withdrawal :(. I don't know if anyone remembers or cares, but I have been getting random freezes with my pc ever since I built it. This was even after buying a new HD (and subsequent windows reinstall). I even did a RMA on my ram (which I thought was the problem), but I still had the same issues.

Well, at the beginning of the week I did a reinstall of windows. I'm slowly loading drivers and updates. So far I haven't had a single freeze in close to a week. It used to happen at least once a day. I've been acting a bit paranoid about being online because I don't have all the security updates or a proper firewall.

I'm installing new things and then testing the stability of my system for a day or two, so it's taking forever. Just thinking of all the potential hats and crafting materials I'm missing makes me :(.

Best of luck to you Inkwell. Fix that up so you can get back to killing us!

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
enzo_gt said:
zombie, you logged into my account but i see no earbuds? When will they appeaer? Played a few games too, and nothing :(

EDIT: Did you log into the game?

Yeah i did. I logged in, checked the character setup, saw them, then logged out. I can try logging in and killing/dying a couple times just to make sure if you want? You checked in the Misc. items in the character setup right? Where the medals are? Its not with the hats.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
zombieshavebrains said:
Yeah i did. I logged in, checked the character setup, saw them, then logged out. I can try logging in and killing/dying a couple times just to make sure if you want? You checked in the Misc. items in the character setup right? Where the medals are? Its not with the hats.
Found it in misc. items selection, my bad! :lol Thanks again!

Blizzard

Banned
Could someone do me a big favor and take a couple of screenshots of Well? Bonus points if you can do it with a 5850. Here are two windowed shots:

cp_well0001amik.jpg

cp_well0002evu4.jpg

Am I losing my mind, or are those darker than normal (and darker than the 4850 was)? The spawn exit was almost totally black in places, and for some bizarre reason that I'm sure would make sense if I knew more about the engine, TF2 doesn't let you adjust the brightness unless you're playing fullscreen.

New Update just:

Team Fortress 2 Update Released
Product Update - Valve
15:38
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Engine

* Fixed a crash related to model caches.
* Fixed a crash related to empty proxy files.
* Fixed a rare crash involving corrupted voice-comm playback.

Team Fortress 2

* Fixed some issues with the community submitted tips.
* Fixed a case where servers could get stuck in an infinite loop while spawning bots.
* Made the training HUD code more robust, so it doesn’t crash if the client has modified HUD resource files.
* Fixed a potential crash in the HUD during startup.
* Fixed a level change crash related to Bot navigation meshes.
* Disabled quickswitch UI in training to reduce confusion.
* The Demoman's battleaxe now sounds like a sword.

Missed a note from yesterday:

* The Eyelander now collects the heads inside Eyelanders of Demomen it decapitates.

PatzCU

I have a friend with a MBP that just bought TF2 yesterday. What does he need to do so I can get the earbuds on my account? Just login through my Steam account, enter a TF2 match, and voila?

EDIT: Also, can someone provide me info on the GAF server? It's about time I hop in there :D

notworksafe

PatzCU said:
I have a friend with a MBP that just bought TF2 yesterday. What does he need to do so I can get the earbuds on my account? Just login through my Steam account, enter a TF2 match, and voila?

EDIT: Also, can someone provide me info on the GAF server? It's about time I hop in there :D
Yep, that's it. 68.232.178.184:27015 is the address of GAF server also.

Had a lot of fun in the matches I played today. You guys are all really good, so I've got some practicing to do!

Proven

So I jumped on the GAF server a little while ago and saw no one on. So I got sad. And left. After winning a round for my team.

Proven

Oops. I meant to say I saw no one I knew on. That's what made me sad. No one I could count on. So I dicked around as Engineer and changed servers when I realized we'd have to play another round of the sniper loved nucleus.

Javaman

Heres a couple minor server side changes I made tonight...

Sudden death is now enabled along with melee only during it.
Flag caps set to 2 per round
Map voting at 5 mins left instead of 10. (out of 20)

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Squash said:
Blast pyro is such a thankless job. They should give you like .1-.4 point every time you blast an uber off the floor.
Yeah, the problem with being a defensive Pyro is that you don't get many points for it. Engineers will love you, Medics will love you, but it is incredibly thankless.

Blizzard

Banned
speedpop said:
Yeah, the problem with being a defensive Pyro is that you don't get many points for it. Engineers will love you, Medics will love you, but it is incredibly thankless.
Some players will thank you, and I think I have played some modded servers where you get partial points for extinguishing players, but yeah...

scoot3r

EvilMario said:
It would be nice if Arena would catch on with the GAF server. Door Man is God is the only other server I play on outside of GAF and F7, strictly for good ol' Arena time.

The amount of rage from the usual CP/PL players would be epic.

Ive played on that one alot whats your id?

Boonoo

Kuro Madoushi said:
Bah who cares so long as your team wins :p

Truth. There are a lot of small actions that are absolutely critical that don't net you many points at all.

In pubs they're really only useful to medics that are looking for who to uber (I tend to pick a top five soldier or demo).

First rule of TF2: don't worry about K : D
Second rule: don't worry about points.

Sciz

Blizzard said:
Some players will thank you, and I think I have played some modded servers where you get partial points for extinguishing players, but yeah...
Extinguishing players (via airblast or jarate) and giving someone a sandvich all fall under bonus points at a rate of one per. It's been like that for a while.

Blizzard

Banned
Yasae said:
I watch the death count and that's about it.

Whoop dee doo you shot some people. How many times did you avoid it?
With cloak and dagger and a dark corner I will be the ultimate player in Yasae's eyes. :lol

Sciz said:
Extinguishing players (via airblast or jarate) and giving someone a sandvich all fall under bonus points at a rate of one per. It's been like that for a while.
Oh ok, sorry. I must get up to 700 hours playtime to learn such awesome secrets. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom