• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exoprimal |OT| A Crisis of Dinosaurs

I just now realized that Zephyr has a double jump...lol

Edit: Also maxed out the Rig Cooldown module. For shield, you get 8 seconds after losing shield before you can use it again. Without it, it's 13 seconds.
I guess it would've been to OP if the shield cooldown was even less than that.

Last edited:
Some people finally discovered the

lava map

3cfk4qkk00fb1.png

The RNG to find it is ridiculously low. Cool secret though.

Bridges

Final boss time.
How do you avoid his Super nova attack? Team wipes everybody even when the tank shield is up it seems
You need all the DPS and Tanks to focus fire the bright orange parts on his body as soon as they open up. If you do enough damage in time, it will cancel the attack.

Behemoth will do it at least 3 times during the fight, so if you can't stop those attacks it is impossible to win. It will kill you regardless of where you are on the map or what protections you have

You need all the DPS and Tanks to focus fire the bright orange parts on his body as soon as they open up. If you do enough damage in time, it will cancel the attack.

Behemoth will do it at least 3 times during the fight, so if you can't stop those attacks it is impossible to win. It will kill you regardless of where you are on the map or what protections you have
Thanks, I was playing as Zephyr, so useless there.
Everyone, including me was trying to hide in barriers or behind walls and getting killed.

So could've been the first for all of us

Bridges

Thanks, I was playing as Zephyr, so useless there.
Everyone, including me was trying to hide in barriers or behind walls and getting killed.

So could've been the first for all of us
Same thing happened to me my first time. I was a healer which wasn't very useful for that, my entire team just went to the back of the map and hid behind two roadblocks and waited to get wiped.

I think Zephyr can actually still damage during this though, two of the orange weak points are on its shoulders but the third touches the ground, so if you sprint over there you may be able to contribute and lay into it.

You might want to spam the ping though during this, because unless the majority of your team comes with you then you're still gonna be screwed

Punished Miku

Gold Member
How wrong I was. Vigilant is almost my favorite class in the game lol. Just got MVP which is hard for them since they typically score low. On the PvP portion I think I downed 6 players. Picked 2 off trying to revive someone which felt great lol. Mwahahaha

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Vigilant level 20. Got em all done. Just took 73 hrs.

I'm still missing the 100k kills achievement but I don't expect I'll get that until the alpha suit variants arrive and season 2 or 3 is done. Had a blast. Will keep checking in for a few games and new dino gauntlet stages. If this ever got a sequel it could easily be built up to where Monster Hunter is now.

Last edited:
I just noticed that although my character is a male, the exosuit for Vigalant has boobs :)
I guess that's just how the suit is designed?
Yes, even though the pilot is customizable, each exosuit is gender locked, probably because the game treats them more like heroes with their own personalities rather than just suits. It’s definitely interesting and different.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
After 55 hours of playtime: Thank God I didn't start playing the game using Skywave, I would have dropped the game after a couple of games most probably...

Shit is just...not fun, each match feels like a friggin chore, here's a character with zero offensive capabilities , with a slow timed (regarding the animations) pew -pew wand that shoots blobs where you have to TIME it as to be able to heal others, a slow as fuck hovering mode and...I just can't , I was going to lvl up the characters to 20 but I think I'm gonna stop and instead just have fun with the ones I actually enjoy using.

Sure, it's a healer/support class but I had fun with witchdoctor since you always have to be "in the zone" , has a nice dodge option and its healing ability is easier to use, not so much with Skywave though.

Also : people.not.staying on the objective making you lose points is.just frustrating 😁

Punished Miku

Gold Member
After 55 hours of playtime: Thank God I didn't start playing the game using Skywave, I would have dropped the game after a couple of games most probably...

Shit is just...not fun, each match feels like a friggin chore, here's a character with zero offensive capabilities , with a slow timed (regarding the animations) pew -pew wand that shoots blobs where you have to TIME it as to be able to heal others, a slow as fuck hovering mode and...I just can't , I was going to lvl up the characters to 20 but I think I'm gonna stop and instead just have fun with the ones I actually enjoy using.

Sure, it's a healer/support class but I had fun with witchdoctor since you always have to be "in the zone" , has a nice dodge option and its healing ability is easier to use, not so much with Skywave though.

Also : people.not.staying on the objective making you lose points is.just frustrating 😁
The cyclone move pairs really well with the shoulder cannon rig. It sucks em all up into a ball and then you nuke it with the blast.

I think Skywave's awesome, but she is slow. The appeal is being able to hover far above the action and survey what's going on. She is super fun on all the PvE stages because you often are able to survive a ton of stuff that others can't. On any of the stages with the raising platforms, you can just fly up top while everyone else is struggling. She is probably the most difficult healer to play as though. You have to really nail the aiming on your heals all the time, which can be taxing. I think they could stand to lower the cool down on her L1 healing blast.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Played an absolutely killer game of data key transport. The enemy team just fully schooled us in really cool ways. A sniper and deadeye would ambush us and run away starting from the very beginning and kept up pressure from odd locations the whole run. A new strategy I'd never seen. We lost and I wasnt even mad lol.

Last edited:

Doomtrain

How obtrusive is the battle pass stuff? The game itself looks interesting and dinosaurs are an automatic win, but I’m also pretty burnt out on games that shove monitization in my face or try to goad me into grinding even when I don’t feel like playing.

How obtrusive is the battle pass stuff? The game itself looks interesting and dinosaurs are an automatic win, but I’m also pretty burnt out on games that shove monitization in my face or try to goad me into grinding even when I don’t feel like playing.
Not intrusive at all. I’ll copy and paste what I’ve said earlier:

The game literally showers you with in game currency(due to 2 different leveling systems player level and exo level) AND provides lootboxes with really good rare drop rates. You get 30k currency at player level 50, which you’ll reach by simply playing the campaign. After level 50 you get 1k currency and 1 additional loot box per level. You can use all of that currency to buy most things in the game(assuming you don’t get them already from a loot box) and only 2 out of 10 character skins are locked behind a paywall.

The battle pass practices themselves are seen as shitty because tons of developers and publishers make them that way. Capcom did not do what other devs did with these systems and focused on fun first and foremost.

Doomtrain

Not intrusive at all. I’ll copy and paste what I’ve said earlier:

The game literally showers you with in game currency(due to 2 different leveling systems player level and exo level) AND provides lootboxes with really good rare drop rates. You get 30k currency at player level 50, which you’ll reach by simply playing the campaign. After level 50 you get 1k currency and 1 additional loot box per level. You can use all of that currency to buy most things in the game(assuming you don’t get them already from a loot box) and only 2 out of 10 character skins are locked behind a paywall.

The battle pass practices themselves are seen as shitty because tons of developers and publishers make them that way. Capcom did not do what other devs did with these systems and focused on fun first and foremost.
Awesome, thanks! Pretty strongly considering this, then.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
"This game is pure gigachad energy ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. You get to use mankind's superior intellectual and skills in making weapons and to ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ BLAST, KABOOM and annihilate literally inferior lifeforms demonstrating the difference between 20 million neurons and 7 Brazillion neurons in a brain all the while reminding the dinos why God aborted their entire existence and mankind inherited the earth.

Anybody who hates this game is a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ beta cuck Nintendo soyboy and I'll be over a 8PM to ♥♥♥♥ your girlfriend."

Thank you Steam for your review section, thank you STIPY for the GOAT review 😁

I need to get to the point to where I lvl every suit to 20 so I don't stick stubbornly to the suit I'm trying to level.
On Kreiger now which I found a lot more fun that Roadblock. He's very good in situations, but I guess I'm just not that guy/gal that likes to play the protector role exclusively.

2nd Savage Gauntlet is live.
I saw one of the Top 10 teams in time so far play it. Basically saying the play is all Barrage and Vigilant for certain phases with maybe 1 witch doctor at times.

Trying to level my Murasame who so far is my favorite tank. Only weakness being no range, but is so good for any big dino. Totally wrecks invading dino from the other team which is what I say my overdrive for.
Also, has maybe the lowest cooldowns of the tanks. I pair tt with the aid rig since I'm so far forward most of the time and don't want to rely on a terribad healer to keep me alive.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I saw one of the Top 10 teams in time so far play it. Basically saying the play is all Barrage and Vigilant for certain phases with maybe 1 witch doctor at times.

Trying to level my Murasame who so far is my favorite tank. Only weakness being no range, but is so good for any big dino. Totally wrecks invading dino from the other team which is what I say my overdrive for.
Also, has maybe the lowest cooldowns of the tanks. I pair tt with the aid rig since I'm so far forward most of the time and don't want to rely on a terribad healer to keep me alive.
Yeah I think the last phase you need to basically ditch tank. They just throw snipers over and over and you have to kill them fast. Lost 1st time just now.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
With new variants and more modules, there really should be a way to choose a loadout either at the start or if you decide to change suits midmatch.
Like maybe choose via X, Y, B or A being different builds or something

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
With new variants and more modules, there really should be a way to choose a loadout either at the start or if you decide to change suits midmatch.
Like maybe choose via X, Y, B or A being different builds or something

Yeah, the whole loadout AND UI need a rework...

- Being able to see exosuits' abilities from the hangar/starting screen (right now it's only in-game by pressing Down on the Dpad)

- Being able to see both your player lvl and exosuit one without fiddling in the menus.

- Being able to swap exosuits easier before jumping into match.

- Being able to see other player's lvl's without the need to hover over their gamertag in-game.

- Being able to lvl up abilities without the need to move the game cursor to the lvl up bar , moving again to confirm and then having to do it again to lvl up once more.

- Being able to see what each ability does from the hangar without having to hover the cursor to the right of the screen on each ability as to read the description.

- Same thing for medals

- Being able to skip the g'damned intros/cutscenes on raids/protect magnum missions.

- The way matchmaking works is...not good, being dumped with lvl 1-10 players that haven't finished the story makes you keep replaying the 1st set of missions on the same map with default set of enemy dinos.

Anyway, the game DOES need some work, personally, I want them to introduce a different control scheme for melee builds where you use the face buttons like any normal action game, having to press /spam the trigger feels iffy/bad since it doesn't have "that" Capcom feel and the joypad's longevity should also be taken into consideration.Also, said separate control scheme should also "detach" the camera being glued behind your back as to be able to hit enemies behind you /around you without having to move the right stick/camera.

As for the Savage Gauntlet : don't know lads, I'm not feeling it, it's not "hard" in a good way, everything feels like an afterthought and since enemy hit confirmation in this game is kinda lacking, it feels like you're hitting at cardboard enemies that they're both bullet sponges at the same time.
The balancing is not very good making suits like barrage the only real viable option as to be able to finish the challenge faster.

It's only the 2nd one so far but, IMO, this mode feels like a complete afterthought.

Last edited:
Good points above, but swapping suits is pretty quick already. Double window button, choose new suit is pretty quick.
guess they could skip the animation of making you hit your ult buttons to jump into the new suit because it would be pointless not to be in one.

Edit: Being able to edit buttons per suit ala Overwatch would also be a great idea

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I could see how spamming the trigger is significantly more annoying on PS5 than Xbox. The Xbox triggers are kinda light. The PS5 triggers have all the haptic resistance stuff. Options are always a good thing.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I could see how spamming the trigger is significantly more annoying on PS5 than Xbox. The Xbox triggers are kinda light. The PS5 triggers have all the haptic resistance stuff. Options are always a good thing.

Mik, for better or for worse, there's no haptics on the PS5 version so that's not it, it's just that it feels "wrong" to be using the triggers to perform melee moves - especially in a Capcom game where they're renowned for making character action games - I don't know if that makes sense 😉

Introducing a different control scheme for melee builds would also stop the game from feeling "same-y" when using different exosuits.
I'd much prefer it also if - when using melee characters - the characters would face where the left stick is pointed (and not having the camera stuck behind your back), I mean, they've done it in other games (RE2re/Re3Re/Re4Re/Lost planet/DMC etc) why not this one also ?
In fact my biggest gripe with this game is that it doesn't feel "Capcom enough" and that is more in line with games like Overwatch etc when it comes to the general controls feel.

Anyway

Even for melee characters, not having the r thumb stick be for camera control may be problematic depending on the rig you select. For example the aid or cannon rigs require you to aim. It'll be difficult without having camera controls. But more options is never a bad thing.

Also, with the new variants coming out, a strictly up close melee character, can now be used at medium ranges.
I use my Elite controller with the trigger stops set as the shortest distance so it could be why it doesn't feel bad. Also why I never have to touch any face buttons.
I need to try it with a regular controller.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Even for melee characters, not having the r thumb stick be for camera control may be problematic depending on the rig you select. For example the aid or cannon rigs require you to aim. It'll be difficult without having camera controls. But more options is never a bad thing.

Also, with the new variants coming out, a strictly up close melee character, can now be used at medium ranges.
I use my Elite controller with the trigger stops set as the shortest distance so it could be why it doesn't feel bad. Also why I never have to touch any face buttons.
I need to try it with a regular controller.

I absolutely get what you're saying friend, but, here's the thing : Lost Planet did that 15+years ago, basically, the camera wasn't glued behind your character's back (i.e : the character would face the direction of the left stick).

Regarding the RIGS now, you still have to lift your thumb off the right stick since they're assigned to the triangle/Y button so that's also not it.

Personally, when using melee chars. I jump into the options menu and swap the R2 trigger for the X/Square button so I'm KINDA ok, thing is, you have to keep swapping between them if you suddenly need to change an exosuit mid-gane which is pew-pew based and as you can imagine, it's a ball ache to do that each and every time...

Anyway, like you said, more options is always a good thing

Cheers

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I almost didnt want to tell you all but you can see your dino kills on xbox in the profile / achievement / stats menu. Im at like 58k lol.

Going to get every alpha suit to 20 so I suppose it will work out. But yeah lol. Its a lot.

twilo99

I almost didnt want to tell you all but you can see your dino kills on xbox in the profile / achievement / stats menu. Im at like 58k lol.

Going to get every alpha suit to 20 so I suppose it will work out. But yeah lol. Its a lot.

You animal.. I only have 2200 lol

So is multiplayer a good way to level up? That's all I play.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
You animal.. I only have 2200 lol

So is multiplayer a good way to level up? That's all I play.
Sure lol. There's only 2 modes. I always just put it on random. And I do the Savage Gauntlet a bit once it has a new one. Its just grinding multiplayer.

I think some people will get it faster than me if they focus on DD classes. I like the support classes a lot but they definitely get less kills.

I pretty much only do PvE to lvl up

Edit: Better to choose either PvP or PvE rather than random because some modules are better suited to one over the other imo

Last edited:
Top Bottom