• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

devsckaqg.png

38e.gif

Tizoc

What's the deal with Palmer Lucky?

Mind you if I hadn't said it yet:
Sony raised the price of PS Plus as a form of back up in case PSVR doesn't do well in at least the long run.

Ozium

Dear gamers,

We are constantly making changes to deliver a better service.
We have noticed that many of your keys from bundles are unused. Also, many of you refrain from purchasing an entire bundle because you only like a few games from it.
This has changed.

We are introducing DIG Trades.
Trade your unused keys for DIG Points, and/or use DIG Points to get inidividual STEAM keys from current and previous bundles.
You set the price. You set the rules.

Login to your DIG account and start trading:
http://www.dailyindiegame.com/account_login.html

Enjoy!
The DailyIndieGame Team.

DIG entering the realm of G2A... Didn't Wuvcraft say these guys were shady?

--
Speaking of shady

What's the deal with Palmer Lucky?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1283045

I miss the times of content-patches (for AAA-games). The only games that seem to get free content-patches are indie-games nowadays and "service" games like CS, DOTA and such.

I remember the free maps we got for UT, a new campaign for Sacred 1 and 2 etc.

Jawmuncher

Considering where VR is at the moment, with the largest games being bundled or free. I don't think this will do much, though they have every right to. I personally wouldn't hold any political views in the way of making money though. Yeah this guys attitude is shit, and the way he went about it terrible. But it's not like trump is gonna win anyway.

I only saw the Reddit post where he basically says he really loves trump. Unless there's more to it than that.

Edit: Ok actually saw the thread on this that is more in depth. Yeah in this case I wouldn't give his ass any money either.

Man, Harmonix keeps getting the short stick with exclusives. First, Dance Central and Fantasia get screwed by Microsoft's (otherwise smart) move to drop mandatory Kinect, and now Rock Band VR is designed specifically for Oculus Rift.

Yep. Full units, Tuesdays and Thursdays all day and work the rest of the week. Good times.

Not bad. My sister wants to transfer there because it's such a short drive from home, but apparently it doesn't have the major track she needs.

Jawmuncher

So, Titanfall 2 locks entire gamemodes behind restaurant meals?

Videogames

Lets be real here though.
It's a 1v1 mode that most people aren't going to bother with anyway.
Plus it's only a timed addition anyway. Would be a bigger deal if it was locking TDM or something. Though of course it's still odd. You would think most food promotions would only be related to getting emblems, skins and the like.

It's really apparent though that Titanfall 2 is going for the COD pie. Though going from Beta feedback. I don't think they're gonna end up with as much as they're thinking.
The fact that the fanbase had to beg for Attrition to get it back, and it's a half ass recreation of the original speaks volumes to me.

yuraya

The Division seems to have fallen off pretty badly. Playerbase is kind of low on steam and the reviews are bad too.

What are the odds Ubisoft gives the game away for free with the Ubi30 stuff?

What do you guys think? Is Ubi nice enough to pull a stunt like that? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°),

Li Kao

Uhhh, just a (admittedly strange) question here.
I'm not huge on achievements but at the same time I get sort of a displeasure going back to a game I had abandoned months ago with a bunch of cheevos already unlocked.
Would the infamous SAM allow me to deactivate those already unlocked achievements and earn them back again ? But at the same time, I suppose that while the intent isn't cheating the system, I would be in a ban cross-hair by doing that, no ?

derExperte

Uhhh, just a (admittedly strange) question here.
I'm not huge on achievements but at the same time I get sort of a displeasure going back to a game I had abandoned months ago with a bunch of cheevos already unlocked.
Would the infamous SAM allow me to deactivate those already unlocked achievements and earn them back again ? But at the same time, I suppose that while the intent isn't cheating the system, I would be in a ban cross-hair by doing that, no ?

No one ever got banned for unlocking or re-locking chievs.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Virginia has SUCH GOOD MUSIC!

There's no word of a soundtrack yet (though I bet there'll be one), so I just did two game recording rips of the soundtrack myself. But seriously, this might be my contender for game OST of the year. Just two small samples of music in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMDUwMB6Oa4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuJtntrUmUU

Game won't be for everyone, but I really liked it and definitely will find its audience. Music was just one of the phenomenal aspects of it.

The Division seems to have fallen off pretty badly. Playerbase is kind of low on steam and the reviews are bad too.

What do you guys think? Is Ubi nice enough to pull a stunt like that? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°),

They should make the base game free to play anyway. But people still have to buy the expansions to enjoy the added content and area. Guild Wars 2 style.

Monooboe

I've thinking about also using SAM, but my plan was to "transfer" unlocked achivements in one version of a game to a remaster, I would of course " remove them from the regular version. That way I could contine to try and get 100% in a new version of the game. Would that be cheating and get me in trouble?o_O

Nah, they just did a new patch that overhauled the game. People are basically saying endgame is like a whole new game.

I wouldn't know, though. I was huge into it for some reason when it came out but they mishandled the first major patches so badly that I just stopped cold.

AHA-Lambda

There's no word of a soundtrack yet (though I bet there'll be one), so I just did two game recording rips of the soundtrack myself. But seriously, this might be my contender for game OST of the year. Just two small samples of music in the game:

Game won't be for everyone, but I really liked it and definitely will find its audience. Music was just one of the phenomenal aspects of it.

Yeah, the soundtrack in Virgina is shockingly good, very Twin Peaks :D

Deques

I've thinking about also using SAM, but my plan was to "transfer" unlocked achivements in one version of a game to a remaster, I would of course " remove them from the regular version. That way I could contine to try and get 100% in a new version of the game. Would that be cheating and get me in trouble?o_O

Astats would probably flag you as a cheater, else it wouldn't get you in trouble at all. Your astats profile is now updated :)
Last achievement unlocked according them was on 2015

So how is The Uncertain Ep 1? Any impressions/reviews? Have heard nada.

t620x300-d5731adfc91c6e10bbe1fb5ae9f45670.jpg

My impressions of the Humble Bundle demo: very slow, poor to middling writing, kind of a bad interface for a point and click adventure, interesting setup, good graphics.

Unfortunately the demo ends just as the first catalyst for the episode is revealed so I have no insight into the rest of the episode. It was very misjudged.

Monooboe

Astats would probably flag you as a cheater, else it wouldn't get you in trouble at all. Your astats profile is now updated :)
Last achievement unlocked according them was on 2015

Hmh I don't use Astats but I do use metagamerscore so I better than not tamper.

Afro

My impressions of the Humble Bundle demo: very slow, poor to middling writing, kind of a bad interface for a point and click adventure, interesting setup, good graphics.

Unfortunately the demo ends just as the first catalyst for the episode is revealed so I have no insight into the rest of the episode. It was very misjudged.

Alright, too bad. Thanks. I like the fixed camera angles though.

chronomac

Bought a 10-pack from GMG and had exactly half the contents. One of them is a doozy (at least for these packs):

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rock N Roll Defense -- MB-12EFC60E1E562497 - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Ocean City Racing #2 -- MB-A8B435ABEEE0BCD0 - Taken by illusionary. 1 entrants total.
Dark Souls -- MB-A675BED43A34E5DD - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Ocean City Racing -- MB-C2C15C137592DC3C - Taken by shockdude. 1 entrants total.
Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack -- MB-ADEF789E8942E0E0 - Taken by dimmer. 1 entrants total.

t1474639264z1.png

Can anyone name a single season pass other than The Witcher 3's that was actually worth the cost of admission? IMO SFV was worth it to me but that's a fringe case.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can anyone name a single season pass other than The Witcher 3's that was actually worth the cost of admission? IMO SFV was worth it to me but that's a fringe case.

I think the Dark Souls 2 Season Pass was generally well-received. Dying Light's, too, among those who bought it at $20 rather than $30. TW3's is definitely the gold standard, though.

AHA-Lambda

Dark Souls 2
Bioshock Infinite
LA Noire

I'm sure many will also argue for MP focused titles like BF, CoD or mortal kombat

yuraya

From Software's track record with DLC is incredible. It mostly because of the type of games they make tho. Any new item, weapon, spell and boss fights have a big effect on everything in the base game. Speedrunning, style, pvp, pve, etc. It all just adds new layers to the already great game they made.

They should make the base game free to play anyway. But people still have to buy the expansions to enjoy the added content and area. Guild Wars 2 style.

Nah, they just did a new patch that overhauled the game. People are basically saying endgame is like a whole new game.

I wouldn't know, though. I was huge into it for some reason when it came out but they mishandled the first major patches so badly that I just stopped cold.

yea its probably wishful thinking. They will probably give it a really good discount the next time there is a sale. Still tho The Crew was a nice surprise so I hope they add some more great stuff for their anniversary giveaway. I would preferably like AssCreed 2 and/or Unity in one of the remaining months. South Park or a Far Cry game would be nice too.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

I think in the end Evil Within's and BioShock Infinite's ended up being worth it, imo. Some would disagree with my opinion on that, especially the second one, but I thought the Rapture DLCs more than made up for the other weaker bits of the pass.

Hektor

If you liked Gravity Bone and Thirty Flights of loving, you gonna love Virginia a fuckin lot.

It's wordless story telling done to the extreme for 1.5 hours, beautiful looking and presented and

yea, the soundtrack is really fuckin great

I recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom