• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces 3DS Animal Crossing

3DS_ACrossing_00ssHW_E3.png

3DS_ACrossing_05ss05_E3.png
3DS_ACrossing_06ss06_E3.png
3DS_ACrossing_07ss07_E3.png
3DS_ACrossing_04ss04_E3.png
3DS_ACrossing_03ss03_E3.png
3DS_ACrossing_02ss02_E3.png
3DS_ACrossing_01ss01_E3.png

painey

Speevy said:
I hope there's something more to this game, because I'm getting pretty tired of them re-releasing it.

Me too, but I have faith in Nintendo this time. I wonder why they didn't show this at the conference? I care a lot more about this than most of the other sequels that are already on their 30th iteration.

Koomaster

Really?! So excited! 3DS purchase confirmed, bring it on Nintendo where do I sent the money, where do I put in the credit card info, please give me my animal crack!

BooJoh

The taller characters will take some getting used to, and it's obviously still using AC:WW assets, so hopefully those will get an update. Either way it's day 1 for me. I thought City Folk was the definitive AC so far, and only limited by being tethered to the console.

mr.beers

Really? This series needs a graphical overhaul and some new ideas, it is literally the same game! I will probably buy it either way but goddamn!

leroidys

I hope this is another boring rehash, because at this point nintendo is already going to get every last penny to my name.

Speevy said:
I hope there's something more to this game, because I'm getting pretty tired of them re-releasing it.

Same. I'm soooooooooooooo day one if it's an actual new AC and not the same N64 version they've released three different times.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
leroidys said:
I hope this is another boring rehash, because at this point nintendo is already going to get every last penny to my name.

Seriously I don't think there was a single title that didn't look great. Even if AC is only a minimal step forward, it's a wonderfully relaxing game and it will be great in 3D.

DuckRacer

Animal Crossing
• The world of Animal Crossing comes to life on the Nintendo 3DS system, complete with new game play and a new graphical look that, together with 3D visuals, breathe new life into the already living, breathing world of Animal Crossing.
• In Animal Crossing, players move out on their own to live a life of ease in a village of walking, talking animals. But this time around, unexpected circumstances suddenly put the player in the role of Mayor in a town they’ve only just arrived in. With the help of the many unique townsfolk and one eager secretary, players will enjoy making their new town a better place for all to live in.
• Animal Crossing will also take advantage of the enhanced wireless functionality of the Nintendo 3DS system.

mr.beers

Animal Crossing
• The world of Animal Crossing comes to life on the Nintendo 3DS system, complete with new game play and a new graphical look that, together with 3D visuals, breathe new life into the already living, breathing world of Animal Crossing.
• In Animal Crossing, players move out on their own to live a life of ease in a village of walking, talking animals. But this time around, unexpected circumstances suddenly put the player in the role of Mayor in a town they’ve only just arrived in. With the help of the many unique townsfolk and one eager secretary, players will enjoy making their new town a better place for all to live in.
• Animal Crossing will also take advantage of the enhanced wireless functionality of the Nintendo 3DS system.

3DS_ACrossing_04ss04_E3.png

I don't see it.

Josh7289

Screens are 400 x 240 on top (between 16:10 and 16:9; it's 1.666...) and 320 x 240 on bottom (4:3).

Or did we know this already?

EDIT: Turns out the top screen is 800 x 240, with 400 x 240 of that going to each eye. So for screenshots we just see the image for one eye. Bottom screen is indeed 320 x 240.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
No City in sight!!! :D

Can't wait for a present to breeze right above the screen. Hype for AC getting slowly rekindled.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Will wait for more info before making judgement. I hope Nintendo improved it. I need my AC fix.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
New graphical Style? Please mean brand new gameplay features as well!!! I got burned by City Folk, be something new this time please.

GeeDuhb

Speevy said:

Yeahhhh...it has barely changed since the cube...a re-release of pokemon changes more than the AC franchise has!

the one problem I had with the DS version of Animal crossing was the camera was zoomed in so much It was hard to tell where I was going.. I didn't have this problem with City Folk, I hope they can zoom it out a bit for this one.

edit: judging by the screens it doesn't look like it

Galang

Banned
painey said:
Me too, but I have faith in Nintendo this time. I wonder why they didn't show this at the conference? I care a lot more about this than most of the other sequels that are already on their 30th iteration.

I'm surprised they didn't do a video compilation with all of their games for 3DS so far.

Speevy said:

This, I was addicted to the GCN version and then yet I hardly touched City Folk. I hear people have more fun on the portable installments, but I don't have the time to dedicate to it either way. I still am very interested in hearing more about this though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I was wondering when they were gonna officially show this.

Looks pretty good, although I'm not really into games like this. Where's the info on online?

It seems like it could be a good change to be the Mayor in this game. Hopefully we get to tax the hell out of our animal citizens to build fancier museums, etc.

Top Bottom