• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 NBA Offseason |OT|: Where We Slander One of the Greats of All Time... Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

Kobe Bryant is pleasuring himself furiously to this news and that's why despite being a life long Bulls fan he's been my favorite player since the GOAT retired. The GOAT would've been the same way.

Bean is going to go at these motherfuckers like they killed his mother, that's the type of dude he is and that's why he has 5 rings and why these guys won't do much more than back their way into one IF lucky.

yacobod

Banned
i wonder why nobody on espn called out lebron on basically taking a 1 hour dump on cleveland?

i mean its cool he wanted to switch teams, but to do it in this fashion is ruthless

numble

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19853589&postcount=5800

The greatest douchebag prophet of NBA-Age:

VindicatorZ in February said:
i'm saying it's possible to get Lebron and Bosh on this team, IF WE DONT trade for Amare right now. If we don't trade, we can retain Beasley's rookie contract and trade him over the summer for even ANOTHER top level player. We will have enough money to sign at least 2 max level contracts and 1 just under max level. That's Bosh, Lebron, Wade, while still retaining Beasley. Are you blind?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
RJNavarrete said:
LeBron just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Basketball culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Chicago where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Cleveland, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase LeBron jerseys, nor will they purchase any of the Heat's season tickets. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but LeBron has alienated an entire market with this move.

LeBron, publicly apologize and cancel the Super Team or you can kiss your business goodbye.

This is OT, so they may just believe you :lol well played

entremet

I'm more of NBA Age lurker, but it's gonna be some fun times next season on this board during nationally televised Miami games.

Nameless said:
Kobe Bryant is pleasuring himself furiously to this news and that's why despite being a life long Bulls fan he's been my favorite player since the GOAT retired. The GOAT would've been the same way.

Bean is going to go at these motherfuckers like they killed his mother, that's the type of dude he is and that's why he has 5 rings and why these guys won't do much more than back their way into one IF lucky.

If they played a 7 game series as the teams are right now, the Laker would win in 6 and that's the max it would go.

RJNavarrete said:

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Basketball culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Chicago where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Cleveland, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase LeBron jerseys, nor will they purchase any of the Heat's season tickets. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but LeBron has alienated an entire market with this move.

LeBron, publicly apologize and cancel the Super Team or you can kiss your business goodbye.

still gets me every time :lol

Dr.Acula

Banned
LeBron, Bosh, and Wade might actually cause small population spikes (nine months later) whenever they go partying in South Beach.

You can slight Bosh and LeBron for not having heart, for coming up small, for making the timid choice in going to Miami, but they're young, they're rich, and they are in freaking Miami. They've got the keys to the city.

Nameless

Ninja Scooter said:
so when the Cavs move to Seattle, do they get to take the Supersonics name? Or do they have to choose a new one?

They will become the Seattle Freeze.. sworn enemy of the Miami Heat.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
People are too sensitive, he's doing what's best for himself. Cannot fault him for that.

RJNavarrete said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Anth0ny said:
HRhzN.jpg

I don't normally care about the NBA regular season all that much, but I will go on record as supporting the NWO meme and will be tuning in to the GAF NBA thread regularly in hopes that this will continue.

I'm expecting animated gifs, NBA-GAF. ANIMATED.

Zeke

viakado said:
weird feeling. like a burden has been lifted. it will be nice to know we will have GAF's backing in the finals.
but will you have the Spurs back when they sweep James for a second time?

This is good for the NBA and for everyone not living in Cleveland. The Heat have a way bigger market than the Cavs, and more money for the NBA = a better NBA!

Mrbob

Cheer up, Charsace!

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...icks-react-to-lebron-james-decision-1.2090172

Knicks said:
Knicks react to LeBron James' decision

13 m ago By Alan Hahn

The following statement has been released by Donnie Walsh:

“We are disappointed that LeBron James did not pick the New York Knicks, but we respect his decision. Today, we signed five-time NBA All-Star Amar'e Stoudemire, and we will continue to move forward, getting back on track to develop into a championship contending team.”

LovingSteam said:
Well at least Lakers-Age is no longer enemy #1 on NBAGAF.

LeBron screwed over all these teams by feigning interest when his ass knew along what they were doing, he is going to be like Reggie Miller to the knicks but on a league wide basis.

Solo

Nameless said:

This is truth. I dont have any stake in the NBA anymore, but I grew up watching the Bulls and MJ, and that was my religion. And I remember when Kobe was cast out of favor and Lebron was the "next" Jordan (there will never be a next, fools), but the truth of the matter over the past 5 years is that Kobe has become the closest thing to a Jordan-esque type of unrelenting player the league has, while Lebron is drifting closer to Dominic Wilkens or Karl Malone territory.

Feep

Banned
I'm considering posting my birth certificate, images from my high school yearbook, and University of Florida credentials to try to convin...

Eh, never mind, nothing will convince you guys. Oh well. :lol :lol :lol

numble

masud said:
Lee agrees to go to the bay for Azibuke Turiaf and Randolf.

link

:D

You're the man Dave! Good luck.
Those are great players for a D'Antoni system, should be fun to watch. I just don't think the system is built for long playoff runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom