• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trails is the only answer

Arthea gets it.

AwoODPt.gif

Tizoc

It is criminal that non of the game design centric YT channels cover Falcom games.
Their game design stems from simple ideas that go on to influence the rest of the game like Ys OiF and Xanadu Next.

Ryne

Is Xanadu good with a XB1 controller? I scrolled through the steam forums and read that I would have to map a "mouse" button on the controller to use the menu, but that seems clunky. Anyone here play Xanadu with a XB1 pad?

Jawmuncher

Is Xanadu good with a XB1 controller? I scrolled through the steam forums and read that I would have to map a "mouse" button on the controller to use the menu, but that seems clunky. Anyone here play Xanadu with a XB1 pad?

I did a little and it's made with dinput in mind. Since this is a older port that was touched up some but not hugely. Like when I was in the level up screen there was a mouse cursor there.

Oh. In the new reviewsystem you can see who got the game for free?
Just checked the Martian Experience, a VR "game" for 20 bucks....

The only positive review is by someone who got a 20 minute VR techdemo for free...

Nzyme32

Offtopic in many ways, but I am finding it increasingly amusing that quotes of the election can so easily fit into the world of Tyranny by replacing Trump with Kyros. Here's one from Omarosa with such an edit:

"“Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to Kyros. It’s everyone who’s ever doubted Kyros, who’s ever disagreed, whoever challenged him. It is the ultimate revenge to become the most powerful man in the universe.”"

Although in Tyranny, Kyros is a lot more of an enigma to the point where many believe that Kyros is a woman, or even a group of people. Still playing the game and yet to find out more info though

Oh. In the new reviewsystem you can see who got the game for free?
Just checked the Martian Experience, a VR "game" for 20 bucks....

The only positive review is by someone who got a 20 minute VR techdemo for free...

It's optional, you can click a little checkbox to indicate you got a free key/gift when you submit a review but no one is forcing you to.

r3n4ud

Ittle Dew 2 is out, anyone doing an OT?
I really enjoyed the first one, but I have no time at all right now.
Ah man, will be picking it up today. Almost done the first one with one dungeon remaining and really enjoyed it.

Had no idea going into the game that it is more of a dungeon crawler. Always thought it was an adventure game of sorts. Really cool game though and love the humour.

Ryne

If any of you still use RSS, lashman pointed out that Nextgen Reader is free for the next 19 or so hours.

I did a little and it's made with dinput in mind. Since this is a older port that was touched up some but not hugely. Like when I was in the level up screen there was a mouse cursor there.

Thanks, guess Xanadu will be my gaming purchase for this pay cheque.

Nere

I have 16gb ram more than enough, windows 10 64bit and yeah I have disabled paging because it takes a lot of space on the 128gb ssd. I verified the files it is downloading some of them now, will see if it works.

EDIT: okey verified the files reactivated paging files and now it works. Do I really need the paging shit though? They take a lot of space and I had them disabled for ages and never had an issue until now.

Sendou

Had to to drop Broforce. It's just not for me. Kind of surprised with how praised it was. The insta-death coupled with random explosions or other things killing you that weren't even on the screen is just annoying. There is many different characters which is fun but I have next to no nostalgia for the action movies and it felt like I never learned even one of the numerous characters in the game. Challenge levels were a nice pace changer but would be nice to have some kind of tutorial for the one trick that is needed to complete the level. Had to look at walkthroughs to know what I was doing wrong.

I mean it's obvious I'm bad at the game but even when I started learning stuff about the enemies it didn't make it any more enjoyable to play. I do like the overall tone and the graphics of the game. Just never had any fun with it.

Nzyme32

I have 16gb ram more than enough, windows 10 64bit and yeah I have disabled paging because it takes a lot of space on the 128gb ssd. I verified the files it is downloading some of them now, will see if it works.

EDIT: okey verified the files reactivated paging files and now it works. Do I really need the paging shit though? They take a lot of space and I had them disabled for ages and never had an issue until now.

2.5GB is pretty much the standard, and it will get used. Best to have it.

The line between Brofrce and Goat Simulator is blurrier than one would think.
Offtopic in many ways, but I am finding it increasingly amusing that quotes of the election can so easily fit into the world of Tyranny by replacing Trump with Kyros. Here's one from Omarosa with such an edit:

"“Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to Kyros. It’s everyone who’s ever doubted Kyros, who’s ever disagreed, whoever challenged him. It is the ultimate revenge to become the most powerful man in the universe.”"

Although in Tyranny, Kyros is a lot more of an enigma to the point where many believe that Kyros is a woman, or even a group of people. Still playing the game and yet to find out more info though

Yup... Tyranny is topical in a handful of chilling ways. It would be the best release date ever, if it wasn't so tragic.

The way Obsidian has unfolded the story has been pretty great so far. Feels very real, which is probably why comparisons to recent events work so well.

madjoki

Don't worry, it's on uPlay

Because fuck Valve, right guys?

wait..thats random. Oh well, I will wait for sale, cant be buying full price games on Origin store.

Not really random, there's one major difference between others stores and Steam tho.

That is, Valve requires games to download via Steam.

Where's other stores like uPlay, GMG, etc are fine just selling keys to activate on other sites.

This means that there's extra work to be done for Steam version.

Not really random, there's one major difference between others stores and Steam tho.

That is, Valve requires games to download via Steam.

Where's other stores like uPlay, GMG, etc are fine just selling keys to activate on other sites.

This means that there's extra work to be done for Steam version.

Are you sure? I have Farcry 3 on steam and it makes you download from uPlay if I remember correctly. You launch via steam and it launches uplay right away and does everything from there. I assume it would be the same with Origin. (I have Mass Effect on steam I can try)

Knurek

Are you sure? I have Farcry 3 on steam and it makes you download from uPlay if I remember correctly. You launch via steam and it launches uplay right away and does everything from there. I assume it would be the same with Origin. (I have Mass Effect on steam I can try)

Umm, what?
No, you download the game on Steam. Steam then runs the Uplay client, which may download patches for Uplay client. Rest is handled by Steam.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member

It doesn't require Origin (I'm playing ME1 at the moment). Maybe it got released before Origin became a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom