• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, what?
No, you download the game on Steam. Steam then runs the Uplay client, which may download patches for Uplay client. Rest is handled by Steam.

Interesting, oh well. Doesnt really change anything. I will look for a cheap physical copy of TF2 on black friday.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member

About the dev...
eKqSU5b.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/5c56et/game_developer_auctioning_off_info_on_how_to/d9u4evf/

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Is there any technical reason why Valve hasn't solved the scaling issue of the overlay when using downsampling games? It kinda blows.

well, but how is that valves fault? you trick your PC so that the games run in a higher resolution than your monitor. And so the Steam overlay thinks the same and scales appropriate.

They could maybe just ad a slider to change the UI size...

Or are we talking about build in game super sampling?

Knurek

A friend damaged one of my DS4 sticks, peeled the gum a bit - I'm contemplating whether to try a protector, they're, like, €.50 a piece. I've seen what has to be done to replace the whole stick, doesn't look like something I'd be capable of doing... But I should be okay with putting a rubber protector. :)
Anyone had any experience with those? Worth the money?

I'm talking about something like this.

well, but how is that valves fault? you trick your PC so that the games run in a higher resolution than your monitor. And so the Steam overlay thinks the same and scales appropriate.

They could maybe just ad a slider to change the UI size...

Or are we talking about build in super sampling?

The Steam overlay should be fairly resolution independent anyway. There's no reason for it to get super tiny when you're playing at 4K.

Sarcasm

A friend damaged one of my DS4 sticks, peeled the gum a bit - I'm contemplating whether to try a protector, they're, like, €.50 a piece. I've seen what has to be done to replace the whole stick, doesn't look like something I'd be capable of doing... But I should be okay with putting a rubber protector. :)
Anyone had any experience with those? Worth the money?

I'm talking about something like this.

Yo bro, never say never. You can do it.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Is there any easy way to turn off the Big Picture Mode UI running in the background when I'm playing something'?

It's so annoying to launch Rocket League (not in Big Picture) and then go to type something to my teammate or opponent, or to shift tab to message someone, and have the giant blue shitty UI pop up.

Is there any technical reason why Valve hasn't solved the scaling issue of the overlay when using downsampling games? It kinda blows.

Ditto for why the Steam client looks like garbage on high DPI displays. You have two options: hilariously tiny and unreadable, or normal sized but at a garbage resolution. Sure, there are some janky skins that try to fix the issue, but it's dissapointing that Steam doesn't play better with W10's higher DPI options.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
NISAinEurope ‏@NISAinEurope 1m1 minute ago
Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku! is coming to Europe, Spring 2017 on the PS4 (physical and digital), PS Vita (digital-only), & PC via Steam!

did we know about this one?

Tizoc

Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku! is coming to Europe, Spring 2017 on the PS4 (physical and digital), PS Vita (digital-only), & PC via Steam!

No we hadn't! Thanks for the heads up.
That makes it 3 NISA games releasing in 2017:
Disgaea 2
Longest 5 minutes
Cladun Returns

Berto

Fucking hell, Pontiff Sulyvahn is kicking my butt. Loving Dark Souls 3 so far, even if it follows DS1 formula a bit too close.

kagamin

Nice nice nice nice nice, now I suddenly have the motivation to play Cladun X2 again!

AHA-Lambda

Oh man, I'm starting to see why people don't like Lords of the Fallen.
It's not so much hard as it is tedious, largely because the combat is so damn slow.
And given how slow the combat is handling more than one enemy at a time is a chore.

I'm at the second boss and he keeps summoning extra enemies and also has a huge shield that blocks attacks so you need to wait for openings. Ok, but this means it's taking bloody forever =/
It's like 10 whole minutes a go of circle strafing repeated each time before dying, dull.

It's not so much hard as it is tedious, largely because the combat is so damn slow.
And given how slow the combat is handling more than one enemy at a time is a chore.

I'm at the second boss and he keeps summoning extra enemies and also has a huge shield that blocks attacks so you need to wait for openings. Ok, but this means it's taking bloody forever =/
It's like 10 whole minutes a go of circle strafing repeated each time before dying, dull.

Yeah. I stopped a little while after a boss or two after that one.

There's this feel to the game that makes it seem unresponsive, and I think it's mostly due to the fact that there are no i-frames like in the Souls. So, you're forced into pre-emptively dodging all of the time.

It wasn't the difficulty. It just wasn't fun to play.

Yeah. I stopped exactly at that point too, because the whole gameplay is slow, but the enemies are fast. It doesnt even make sense like that.

Was kinda sad that its like that, because the atmosphere and graphics were really great.

Nabs

I don't want Rhaknar to come for my neck, so I'll stay quiet.

I will say that all bosses are basically dmg sponges. You should keep playing because I know you like pain, and I enjoy reading it.

Yeah, I played it a little on PS4 since it was free on plus but got annoyed rapidly with the first boss, combat is inferior to the dark soul series.

The combat speed pretty ridiculous in that game.
I played it for a bit, and remember finding a regular, not very good axe early on. Attacks with that axe took longer than attacks with Ultra Greatswords in the Souls games that I've played. And that was regular attacks, not even the expectedly slower, heavy attacks. I don't actually remember finding an enemy that was slow enough that they didn't recover in time to block the heavy attacks.

It's a shame though, since I felt that the fact that you can dodge-cancel out of almost everything gave the combat a pretty smooth feel.

AHA-Lambda

Just beat the second boss now, switched my armour to a light set and made me faster. The fight wasn't even challenging, just boring.

You know that dread you get when facing a boss in Dark Souls? Yeah, nothing here.

Nabs

Gunmetal Arcadia Zero is now out on Steam. Itch.io keys are now up, hit the download button to find it.

Eila

Is there a way to see the steam keys of all itch.io games without having to click on each one? Maybe filter by games with steam keys? That would help a lot.

yuraya

Fucking hell, Pontiff Sulyvahn is kicking my butt. Loving Dark Souls 3 so far, even if it follows DS1 formula a bit too close.

You don't know real pain until you have to go up against Pontiff in an SL1 run. He basically kills you in 1.5 hits. 1 hit depending on what move he does. There is no one to summon for help either. Just you and your shitty little fire axe against that mean bastard.

T-Rex.

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (T-Rex., not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dangerous Golf -- MB-04895BE58BDEB918 - Taken by Deques. 7 entrants total.

t1479250488z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom