• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
I'm pretty sure I tried the Special Edition and it was still really buggy, like when selecting a dialog option the text you picked wouldn't match the dialog.

Umh, maybe it is a bug of the new version. I played the old one and there was a bug with an invisible shovel, but it was fixed by installing the patch released outside Steam onverwriting the Steam files. Never tried the new version.

Granjinha

i'm playing planet coaster and this game is fucking awesome

but man

i'm such a noob lol, so many things to look out for and no tutorials at all in the game, i'm completely lost

I can't wait for World of Final Fantasy on PC

really?

the game looks kinda bad for me

AHA-Lambda

oh man that FF15 Conan thread...

giphy.gif

Monooboe

For those who don't venture outside of this thread, you may be interested to know that Sony slapped a Watch Dogs 2 player with a one-week PSN ban for uploading a screenshot featuring a dead prostitute wearing crotchless panties and then, in an amazing display of vindictiveness, extended the ban to a month after media outlets began reporting on the story.

Hah! Was just reading about that. Such an interesting case. I am glad that ubi went all out and actually made "complete" humans. Feels like a mini step towards more mainstream acceptance for such content. Also that Steam has taken steps to ensure things get tagged as AO.

Wok

That free package was changed to CD Key type, which enables card drops. (and counts as +1). So if you added, it's permanently in your library now.

You're still limited to Trial content. If you own paid version, you can get unlimited number of CD keys for trial.

Weird choice by devs, but I don't say no to free cards.

Thank you for the info. Weird stuff happening.

Nzyme32

Just to double check - - - ALL steam games, including things like Uplay games, are eligible to refunds via Steam, right?

I'm guessing soon I'll be picking up my first Uplay game in a very long time (either South Park when that launches or other stuff)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just to double check - - - ALL steam games, including things like Uplay games, are eligible to refunds via Steam, right?

I'm guessing soon I'll be picking up my first Uplay game in a very long time (either South Park when that launches or other stuff)

Provided the package doesn't include an additional app that is ineligible for a refund, yes. You may recall that R* caught a lot of flack when it temporarily yanked the regular GTAV sub from Steam as this limited the purchase options to bundles that included a Shark Card item, which precluded refunds.

Nzyme32

Provided the package doesn't include an additional app that is ineligible for a refund, yes.

Probably me being dopey at this hour, but what would constitute an ineligible app.... that probably should have been my only question come to think of it...

JaseC

Probably me being dopey at this hour, but what would constitute an ineligible app.... that probably should have been my only question come to think of it...

Videos and certain DLC. If the package you're buying includes something that renders it ineligible for a refund, Steam will tell you this on the cart page and again when confirming the purchase. It's virtually impossible to accidentally buy something you can't refund.

Nzyme32

Holy crap, Toonstruck is on Steam. When did that happen!

ss_88d1bc079d99526f16de94a27ceaa2a0d799595a.1920x1080.jpg

Videos and certain DLC. If the package you're buying includes something that renders it ineligible for a refund, Steam will tell you this on the cart page and again when confirming the purchase. It's virtually impossible to accidentally buy something you can't refund.

Ah exactly what I needed to know. Cheers!

JaseC

Holy crap, Toonstruck is on Steam. When did that happen!

ss_88d1bc079d99526f16de94a27ceaa2a0d799595a.1920x1080.jpg

Just a few hours ago. Interplay uploaded the game to Steam last year but for some reason decided to wait 18 months -- mere weeks if not days shy of its IP/publishing rights auction -- to make it available. Go figure!

Ah exactly what I needed to know. Cheers!

No worries.

Doom is too long for it's own good. I don't know how many more arenas filled with the same enemies I've already fought dozens of times I can take.
I actually thought the
crucible guardians
were the last fight, when I realized the game wasn't over I just stopped playing.
Encounters were already routine, but after such an intense boss fight going back to them is downright boring.
The gameplay is fantastic but with the way the game is designed it becomes too repetitive after so many hours.

Damn, I still haven't cancelled my monthly humble bundle supscription, is it too late?

Parsnip

Oh yeah that Conan thread, it's something.
I didn't even think about that, I was mostly just remarking after the Digital Foundry Pro video for FF15. Regardless of how the game performs on various systems, I just think it looks a bit dull.

FF12 remaster on the other hand I'm immediately in as soon as they port it over. If FFX/X2 is any indication, exactly 12 months wouldn't be a shocker. Though I wouldn't count out 6 month exclusivity period either, or even day and date release. I'm always an optimist and surely Squenix Japan must have seen the potential for the platform after FF9 and FFX/FFX-2 did nicely with zero fanfare. And I have to imagine that they too use resources such as/similar to Steamspy to measure how other companies are doing with their day and date releases.

Suppose it just all depends how much was Sony willing to pay for x months, and how much were they asking. I imagine the price sticker for X/X2 remaster exclusivity was lower than WoFF and 12, and eventually the price may be too high for Sony.
That's what I hope anyway.

I should play more Hitman.
I haven't touched any of the escalations, I should dig into those at some point.

The Conan thread is one beautiful dumpster fire. Why are people so defensive and fierce about fucking videogames? It's been baffling me for over 20 years now.

But personally I'm completely over the FF series. I played X and XII for a bit when they came out and they did nothing for me.

Nope. You still have time.

Yeah, thanks, just cancelled.

The Conan thread is one beautiful dumpster fire. Why are people so defensive and fierce about fucking videogames? It's been baffling me for over 20 years now.

But personally I'm completely over the FF series. I played X and XII for a bit when they came out and they did nothing for me.

Maybe give XII another chance with the remaster, it's great.

sadblob

It's pretty dumb, if you are a fan of the franchise what do you care what a guy that clearly doesn't care about (or even like) Final Fantasy thinks? Why is it so important to these people?

JaseC

It's pretty dumb, if you are a fan of the franchise what do you care what a guy that clearly doesn't care about (or even like) Final Fantasy thinks? Why is it so important to these people?

People who have developed an emotional attachment to something seek validation and, consequently, have trouble admitting that it's imperfect and are confrontational when presented with an opposing opinion. CrowbCat's dramatic fall from grace following his Halo video also comes to mind as a recent example. I mean, I can understand the need to defend something you're a fan of, but in some cases people identify too much with their thing of the moment and any slight against that is taken personally, resulting in emotionally-charged responses that lack forethought.

Parsnip

FF15 is too important. And Conan is uncultured.

GJVyJEX.png

http://venturebeat.com/2016/11/15/f...over-conan-obriens-latest-clueless-gamer-bit/

People who have developed an emotional attachment to something seek validation and, consequently, have trouble admitting that it's imperfect and are confrontational when presented with an opposing opinion. CrowbCat's dramatic fall from grace following his Halo video also comes to mind as a recent example.
What's this about, some drama I missed? I love drama.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hmmm, this seems like an interesting premise

http://www.gamepump.com/

HOW GAMEPUMP WORKS
We partner with video game veterans of today and yesteryear to reclaim lost gaming artifacts.

Which is a really fancy way of saying, we revive classic game libraries from the proverbial basements of some of the top video game publishers in the world and help bring them to modern hardware.

IN RETURN, WE'RE GRANTED A ONE-TIME MASSIVE DISCOUNT FOR OUR ACTIVE SUBSCRIBERS.

GAMEPUMP GUARANTEE
We guarantee that 100% of the games you receive as part of your subscription will be BRAND NEW to your Steam library!

HOW CAN WE MAKE THIS PROMISE?
We only publish games that have never been on Steam. This includes bringing classic console exclusives to the PC for the first time ever by partnering with the premiere indie developers. In addition, some games are developed exclusively for GAMEPUMP as spiritual successors to your favorite game franchises of the past.

It sounds like they're promising to get a new "classic" game on PC / Steam every month.

JaseC

What's this about, some drama I missed? I love drama.

I haven't actually perused the thread as Halo doesn't interest me, but I've seen many people say in some of the CrowbCat threads that have since popped up that they stopped watching his videos recently or outright name the Halo video as the reason. It actually reminds me of when Isaac Hayes quit South Park -- or rather, when someone quit South Park for him.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
hm, would be nice to have at least one or two example games... cause 20$ for 12 month could be a cool deal depending on how well this works

I'm thinking the same thing. "Legendary console exclusives" and "Spiritual successors" isn't instilling a lot of confidence.

But it's also just $20 for the year

Ganado

hm, would be nice to have at least one or two example games... cause 20$ for 12 month could be a cool deal depending on how well this works
Yeah, I just chipped in. 20 bucks for 12 games seems lika good deal if they get games from either the fifth or sixth gen. But who knows for 20 dollars...

Granjinha

oh i know, i'm just wondering if charlie murder comes first

People who have developed an emotional attachment to something seek validation and, consequently, have trouble admitting that it's imperfect and are confrontational when presented with an opposing opinion. CrowbCat's dramatic fall from grace following his Halo video also comes to mind as a recent example. I mean, I can understand the need to defend something you're a fan of, but in some cases people identify too much with their thing of the moment and any slight against that is taken personally, resulting in emotionally-charged responses that lack forethought.

the halo one was a bit forced, though

JaseC

I'm thinking the same thing. "Legendary console exclusives" and "Spiritual successors" isn't instilling a lot of confidence.

But it's also just $20 for the year

Yeah, I'm tempted to try my luck. Even if the games end up being duds, at ~$1.50 each, I can't really complain.

Edit: Subbed.

AHA-Lambda

What halo video? =/

I can't wait for World of Final Fantasy on PC

I thought it's boring and the combat is pretty slow?

But I enjoyed FFIX, so I guess I wouldn't be that much bothered with WoF's combat.

All this Conan & FFXV drama is amazing lol. I mean, I get it that SE gave it to Conan to market the game to the mass that don't actually play Japanese or Final Fantasy games. But I honestly think they totally didn't expect this.

Corpekata

Banned
CrowbCat's videos are basically feeling like crowd sourced forum opinions at this point. Not muh CoD, not muh Halo, Not muh Dead Rising, NMS sucks, Bioshock infinite was a disappointment, etc.

I mean, I agree with some of those but it feels like shooting fish in a barrel. I expect him to take brave stands like "Remakes are bad" "Insert Ubisoft Game Sucks" or "Dragon Age Inquisition didn't deserve GOTY." next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom