• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3n4ud

CrowbCat's videos are basically feeling like crowd sourced forum opinions at this point. Not muh CoD, not muh Halo, Not muh Dead Rising, NMS sucks, Bioshock infinite was a disappointment, etc.

I mean, I agree with some of those but it feels like shooting fish in a barrel. I expect him to take brave stands like "Remakes are bad" "Insert Ubisoft Game Sucks" or "Dragon Age Inquisition didn't deserve GOTY." next.
I'm sure Grief loves his videos.

gelf

I'm thinking the same thing. "Legendary console exclusives" and "Spiritual successors" isn't instilling a lot of confidence.

But it's also just $20 for the year
I'm suspicious. Who exactly are these people and how are they capable to throw out a game a month? Is this going to be ROM packaged with an emulator level of ports?

Part of me still wants to take a punt though.

zkylon

zkylewd
i hope tomb raider go gets on steam some day

i feel like hitman go was kind of disappointing and tomb raider is so much better

Granjinha

CrowbCat's videos are basically feeling like crowd sourced forum opinions at this point. Not muh CoD, not muh Halo, Not muh Dead Rising, NMS sucks, Bioshock infinite was a disappointment, etc.

I mean, I agree with some of those but it feels like shooting fish in a barrel. I expect him to take brave stands like "Remakes are bad" "Insert Ubisoft Game Sucks" or "Dragon Age Inquisition didn't deserve GOTY." next.

yep i agree

although to be fair his Bioshock Infinite video was pretty great

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm suspicious. Who exactly are these people and how are they capable to throw out a game a month? Is this going to be ROM packaged with an emulator level of ports?

Part of me still wants to take a punt though.

I went ahead and took the plunge and... nothing about the email receipt I got from them is instilling confidence that they'll be able to deliver on their promises.

I hope I'm wrong.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i hope tomb raider go gets on steam some day

i feel like hitman go was kind of disappointing and tomb raider is so much better

It's rather odd that Squeenix treats the PC as something of a second-class citizen when it comes to Tomb Raider: we got Sleeping Dogs DE but not Tomb Raider DE, and we got Hitman Go but not Tomb Raider Go.

Parsnip

Hahaha, this guy must have been sarcastic.... right?
Honestly I can't tell anymore.
If it isn't an obvious I'm an expert post or from a poster like Horse Armour, I just take it at face value because that's what some parts of the gaming side is.

I've never watched any CrowbCat's videos, but this description sounds a lot like Jimquisition to me.

fenners

Nope. Thats cool.

Cladun-Sengoku-West-Spring-2017.jpg

I didn't even know this was a thing, AWESOME. Cladun's one of my favourite PSP games. Got me through a couple of flights back & forth across the Atlantic.

Jawmuncher

Unless they got Dino Crisis they ain't getting my money.
I feel like they should have at least one game announced/available to entice people like Humble Monthly.

Jimrpg

So... anyone got a Dirt 3 key that they could give away for free from Humble Bundle?

Would like one, but missed out!

EDIT: Thanks Anteater!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Melissa K. and the Heart of Gold -- MB-E9ECD3FEA30398E1 - Taken by illusionary

Teggy

Watch Doge 2 is like the anti Watch Doge. Takes itself extremely unseriously and has been very fun so far. The first two side missions I unlocked were to sell a "Wu Tang Clan" record to "Martin Shkreli" and to hack Ubisoft to leak their next game.

Also seems to maybe allow you to play nonlethal, but too early to tell. Definitely has way more non-lethal options, but still has available heavy firepower. Of course, regardless of how you try to be a pacifist, I'm guessing a lot of bystanders are going to be collateral damage, especially while driving.

Tizoc

zkylon, Tomb Raider Go isn't on Steam yet, same goes for Deus Ex Go.
I should get TR Go for my iPad though.

Also Ninty is saved: Super Mario Run will release in December for $10 and Ninty will finally make a profit this year :V

Tagyhag

Literally losing by 2 turns in Civilization is the worst feeling that I have felt playing a game in a while, good God.

Feels like your whole day was wasted lol.

Coreda

Had a dream somewhat inspired to the Vive's VR Tilt Brush I saw months ago that I was reminded of. Met someone who was a fan of Vladislav Delay who introduced me to an artist that mentioned an Adobe program named 'Circular' (something like that) which allowed for drawing in a 3D space to create 3D models-as-illustrations, using a tablet as input. The premise was to enable illustrations to be rotated at will rather than being fixed at the drawn angle/position. The demo was like looking at an illustration version of Zbrush crossed with Tilt Brush.

Also just checked MGSV's firewall rules, since someone mentioned that blocking inbound/outbound connections disables Denuvo from checking itself, but apparently I already configured the firewall for this yet it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Hektor

I thought it's boring and the combat is pretty slow?

But I enjoyed FFIX, so I guess I wouldn't be that much bothered with WoF's combat.

Id suggest you to ignore the opinion of everybody who is saying that as those people havent given the game a chance at all.

There's an adjustable battlespeed option on the main menu defaulting at 3 out of 5 as well as a fast forward menu for additional animation speedup.

Friend gave me Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition via an extra code they got from a bundle. I kinda avoided Character action games outside of demos for years since more or less DMC3 since I am pretty bad at them but, Ill make an honest attempt to beat this so maybe I can get into the groove of playing more of them.

Other news I wish Pocket Rumble's development was going faster but, I can't be greedy.

Beat Ass Creed IV. Still have some shit to do for 100% (challenges and other junk).

The story was such shit. It did nothing. Total filler.

Are we supposed to root for the Templars? Because every game they seem like the less idiotic organization.

Tizoc

it will probably be games that are already on GOG, and at that price seems expensive to me.

For $20 you get 13 games, meaning you get a game for under $2. What games are on GOG but not on Steam? D released on Steam recently, but other than that they said it'd be games that didn't get a PC/Steam release.

For $20 you get 13 games, meaning you get a game for under $2. What games are on GOG but not on Steam? D released on Steam recently, but other than that they said it'd be games that didn't get a PC/Steam release.
If you risk getting the full year subscription might be worth it, but for the one month is 5$, too expensive.

Wok

But who are Gamepump? What have done before? I want to know more about them before I subscribe

Based on the legal page, Game Pump is operated by Super Villain Incorporated.

Please read these Terms of Service ("Terms", "Terms of Service") carefully before using the www.gamepump.com website (the "Service") operated by Super Villain Incorporated ("us", "we", or "our").

I believe they are SuperVillain Studios on Steam:

If this is the case, their IGN page states that:

The SuperVillain team, incorporated in January of this year, was formed by members of the THPS and Warcraft III series, whose founders include game designer and author Tim Campbell, programmer Steve Ganem , and designer Chris Rausch. The company began with assisting Neversoft with development of Tony Hawk's Underground 2, but also has developed its own game engine called the Automaton Engine for Xbox, PS2 and PSP for its own independently-developed titles.
Company Info

From the bios on their website:

Founded in January of 2004, SuperVillain Studios is bent on CONQUERING THE WORLD!

Our team is composed of experienced developers and management who hail from well-known companies such as Neversoft™, Blizzard™, and EA™, as well as talented younger developers from programs such as Full Sail University™, The Art Institutes™, and Animation Mentor™.

Steve is a pioneer in console online game development and consulting, and was solely responsible for the online multi-player experience in the Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater franchise, including Pro Skater 3, the first-ever online PlayStation2 game (even ahead of Sony’s own Network Adapter). Steve is also an active contributor to, and mentor for the Computer Science program at Southern California’s UC Irvine.

As President and CTO for SuperVillain Studios, Steve oversees business and technical development across all of the studios’ titles, and is responsible for the creation and ongoing evolution of its proprietary cross-platform Automaton Engine™ technology.

Writing my own bio seems a bit obnoxious, but I don’t trust anyone else because they’re all out to get me! YOU’LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE! Anyway, here goes nothin': Chris Rausch is a stunning example of the human male! An industry ICON, if you will, and just a terrific guy in the eyes of his mom. Chris’ work can be seen in a long list of games across many genres and platforms, including his work as one of the original members of the Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater franchise at Neversoft.

As CCO at SuperVillain Studios, Chris maintains creative direction across all of the studios’ projects, proposals, and various other ventures.

EDITOR’s NOTE: That part about Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater is true, as is my mom thinking that I’m pretty terrific…but the ICON thing, not so much. And as for the stunning male thing, well…my wife thinks I’m handsome sometimes when I have to wear pants and a nice shirt!

Deques

Old indie games that haven't been released on PC/Steam. What can it be? What indie games were released only for consoles, (it's honest question, since I don't own any consoles)?

Based on the legal page, Game Pump is operated by Super Villain Incorporated.

I believe they are SuperVillain Studios on Steam:

If this is the case, their IGN page states that:

From the bios on their website:

It's SuperVillain Studios not Super Villain Incorporated, not sure if it's same

I googled "Super Villain Incorparated" and found a LinkedIn page

Tizoc

Old indie games that haven't been released on PC/Steam. What can it be? What indie games were released only for consoles, (it's honest question, since I don't own any consoles)?

It's SuperVillain Studios not Super Villain Incorporated, not sure if it's same

I googled "Super Villain Incorparated" and found a LinkedIn page

Off the top of my head: Alien Homonid.

If you risk getting the full year subscription might be worth it, but for the one month is 5$, too expensive.

How is $5 too expensive for a game, or to use an example an old game from the SNES/MD era getting an official release?
you have the option for getting 13 games for under $2 each for the length of a year.
Personally I'll just take the dive, I've spent money on worse PC titles/purchases :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom