• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Sweet, looks like we're also getting discounts on crown packs. Definitely looking forward to getting enough for the Dark Brotherhood DLC.

I'll get the game when the discount hits, been humming and harring about it for a while. Had it on PS4 and XB1 so far before I sold them

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sweet, looks like we're also getting discounts on crown packs. Definitely looking forward to getting enough for the Dark Brotherhood DLC.

will probably be a weekend deal then. Might finally bite this time if the discount is good enough, I liked what I played in the beta and keep wanting to buy it

hohoXD123

I'm confused about humble monthly. I joined on 4th November for only one month, but it says the next billing date is the last friday of December, but surely that's almost two months? If I cancel now will I instantly lose the 10% off humble store discount?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm confused about humble monthly. I joined on 4th November for only one month, but it says the next billing date is the last friday of December, but surely that's almost two months? If I cancel now will I instantly lose the 10% off humble store discount?

if by joined you mean you paid on november 4th to get access to dragon's dogma, you would only get auto billed on the last friday of december yes

You are autobilled when all of the games are revealed at the end of the month.

You can elect to pay each month early to get access to one game. That's what you did with Dragon's Dogma.

AHA-Lambda

At the 3rd boss now in Lords of the Fallen.

At least this one hasn't got a big shield that blocks all attacks like the other 2.
He does soak up damage something fierce still, hurls explosives, has an AoE attack that is not at all obvious how to avoid, and summons enemies that are simply too damn fast for this crap combat system.
And FWIW, I don't feel like I have enough health potions; got 4, maybe I've missed some?

But still it's not so much hard and frustrating as it is cheap and boring.

Yeah, I give up, and I rarely give up on my games =/

rtcn63

At least this one hasn't got a big shield that blocks all attacks like the other 2.
He does soak up damage something fierce still, and hurls explosives, and summons enemies that are simply too damn fast for this crap combat system.

It's not so much hard and frustrating as cheap and boring.

This reminds me of all the highly-rated metroidvanias I've played that were absolutely lacking in the gameplay department compared to actual Metroid/Castlevania.

Parsnip

Hmm.

The more I see FF15 in action, the less interested I am in the game. I'll still probably end up playing it when it comes to PC 12 months after the console release or whatever.

But really at this point I just want the soundtrack.

Jawmuncher

Hmm.

The more I see FF15 in action, the less interested I am in the game. I'll still probably end up playing it when it comes to PC 12 months after the console release or whatever.

But really at this point I just want the soundtrack.

I'm on the fence right now and might cancel my preorder.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For those who don't venture outside of this thread, you may be interested to know that Sony slapped a Watch Dogs 2 player with a one-week PSN ban for uploading a screenshot featuring a dead prostitute wearing crotchless panties and then, in an amazing display of vindictiveness, extended the ban to a month after media outlets began reporting on the story.

PC players needn't worry as to my knowledge Uplay doesn't support screenshot sharing and on Steam the onus is on the developer/publisher to tag the game as having adult content so that the Steam Community hub is gated with a warning screen. Why Sony doesn't have a similar system in place and instead bans for people sharing explicit screenshots of a game that it approved for sale would be baffling, but, well, the whole thing is just another notch in Sony's belt of awful policies.

By Amanita.

While I love Amanita's work, I was hoping that Machinarium 2 would be its next game. :(

sorry if this has been addressed, is there anything evidence that ff15 will be brought to pc?

Nothing concrete outside of Squeenix semi-recently saying that a proper PC port would take more than a year (likely a number thought of in the moment rather than carefully considered), but it has spent the past few years filling in the blanks on the PC -- at this juncture, the only mainline entries missing are the first two and 12. 15, and indeed the aforementioned three, are a matter of "when" rather than "if".

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm still in the belief that XV and 12 will come to PC, maybe 1-2 years after the console releases, but they'll come.

You're probably right. And when that happens, I'll happily buy them yet again.

Ascheroth

Yeah, I can't really see XV not getting on PC. Besides them putting all the other FF games on Steam, they probably also want all the revenue streams they can get, to recoup the costs of that development disaster.

I'm still in the belief that XV and 12 will come to PC, maybe 1-2 years after the console releases, but they'll come.

I'm confident that will be the case considering the FF13 series and FFX/X2 HD

FF XV looks a bit crap to me

I'll probably still buy it on PC though

if this mod becomes a reality I would so buy it on PC

2914724-ff4.png

Hektor

First there'll be WoFF in a few months time, then mid to end 2017 a Port of XV and then early 2018 a port of FFXIIIZJSHD.

Bookmark this post.

He does soak up damage something fierce still, hurls explosives, has an AoE attack that is not at all obvious how to avoid, and summons enemies that are simply too damn fast for this crap combat system.
And FWIW, I don't feel like I have enough health potions; got 4, maybe I've missed some?

But still it's not so much hard and frustrating as it is cheap and boring.

I'm usually a fan of somewhat elaborative opinons but in case of LotF all i'm going to say is, it sucks hard.

jshackles

You'd buy a game Conan O'Brien called an epic waste of time twice?

Most certainly so. Despite what most people on GAF think, Conan O'Brien should have little sway over your purchasing decisions.

Jawmuncher

In Xanadu Next, when can you get the bone carving kit to make keys? I'm still pretty early on and wondering if I should save up for it, or just sell the bones I have now.

conan doing gods work then

I feel like I could get it for Christmas or my birthday, or just grab it when it's closer to $40.
ATM the only Day 1 game for me is Resident Evil 7, and even that has this pile of steam credit that will be going towards it.

Purkake4

Banned
Looks like Battlefleet Gothic: Armada has received some pretty decent post-release support. Can anyone tell me what it's like currently?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
omg i love this matter-of-fact backhand

Haha, at first I just assumed that screenshot sharing came as part of the Uplay Community Club update, but a few cursory Google searches turned up no such evidence and there doesn't seem to be anything in the client that points to sharing functionality.

Ascheroth

In Xanadu Next, when can you get the bone carving kit to make keys? I'm still pretty early on and wondering if I should save up for it, or just sell the bones I have now.

Very early, but especially at the beginning buying the keys and using bones to get the price down again is more effective, since you're not going to have enough bones for carving all the keys you need.
Also don't sell them all at once. Buy a couple of keys, sell bone, repeat. That's more cost effective.

Phinor

There were a few requests for it, so I popped up a quick Motorsport Manager OT here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1315131

Thanks for the OT! This is a really weird niche game to release with a decent budget but I'll definitely take it. It was weird to see it heavily advertised this past weekend with the F1 race, can't have been cheap and again, quite niche game. Hopefully it's profitable at some point because it's definitely a good game and we haven't had good singleplayer racing management/simulation games lately (in the past decade and a half or so).

Jawmuncher

Very early, but especially at the beginning buying the keys and using bones to get the price down again is more effective, since you're not going to have enough bones for carving all the keys you need.
Also don't sell them all at once. Buy a couple of keys, sell bone, repeat. That's more cost effective.

Ok will do. So just the regular shop keep has the bone maker?

madjoki

I have no idea how that is possible but I am getting cards for a game that I did not buy: Tumblestone. There is a weird post about a trial version, which I had played and which is not available anymore, or something like that.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/269710/discussions/0/217691032438299361/

That free package was changed to CD Key type, which enables card drops. (and counts as +1). So if you added, it's permanently in your library now.

You're still limited to Trial content. If you own paid version, you can get unlimited number of CD keys for trial.

Weird choice by devs, but I don't say no to free cards.

Ascheroth

Nah, you can buy it from a certain person soon after you leave the town. You can't really miss it.
The regular shop keep just sells keys normally, but they start getting more expensive after you buy a few. By selling him bones you can reduce his price again.

Tizoc

The bone knife is gotten from the red haired woman. If you ever see here in any of the dungeons speak with her and ask her about the special item and she'll sell it to you.
Keep in mind that you should only ever expend 1 Bone. Once you see the price of keys is 20 Gold, don't sell any more bones.

Jawmuncher

Nah, you can buy it from a certain person soon after you leave the town. You can't really miss it.
The regular shop keep just sells keys normally, but they start getting more expensive after you buy a few. By selling him bones you can reduce his price again.

The bone knife is gotten from the red haired woman. If you ever see here in any of the dungeons speak with her and ask her about the special item and she'll sell it to you.
Keep in mind that you should only ever expend 1 Bone. Once you see the price of keys is 20 Gold, don't sell any more bones.

Ok cool, thanks for the help.
The Key - Bone stuff was the only part atm I wanted to make sure I had down pat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom