• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach @ ComicCon + Press Conference/Panel

EazyB

Banned
2dbp4eg.jpg

Map names along with at least 5 Forge World variants (Lockout, BG, Sanctuary)

big ander

SynthetiCTS said:
@ 5:23 it gives you 9 multiplayer maps that more than likely will ship at release!!

Boardwalk
Boneyard
Countdown
Forge World
Powerhouse
Reflection
Spire
Swordbase
Zealot
Nice catch!

Also, the separate areas in Forge World: if we choose just one area, will it block off the rest with kill-walls?

MrDaravon

I nearly fucking fainted at IGN's video and description of Gruntopacolypse. All skulls on, and nothing but Grunts non-stop. They directly compared it to the bonus rounds in ODST's Firefight, but all the time. I would do dangerous things to have this now.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
EazyB said:
2dbp4eg.jpg

Map names along with at least 5 Forge World variants (Lockout, BG, Sanctuary)

I screencapped the map file details AND the level list in the other thread too. Interesting priorities, eh?. :lol

Striker

Quincey said:
Fair enough, but halo and Far Cry are entirely different games. Far Cry ha much larger less detailed environments.
The environments themselves actually produce shadow, so I'm not sure what you're attempting to engage. It's no big deal anyway. Forge-World looks excellent. Downright amazed! Septembr cannot come soon enough! :(

I don't think I'll need many games after this...

EazyB

Banned
It's going to be a pretty solid tool just because Bungie's used it to create quality map variants. They'd see where it's lacking and add the feature to accommodate for it. I feel like they've cheated a bit with many of the present pieces being completely modeled off of large chunks of the original maps but at least that'll make the remakes solid and some of they can be used in custom maps because many of those pieces are classic Halo rooms seen in multiple maps.

I wonder/hope that you can change lighting extensively. Perhaps even change the colours of objects heavily, to make maps look very different....

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hydranockz said:
Plywood puts egs in basket and complains about other peoples joy when his own angry fist crushes his egg.
wat

I'm already done, I have no other choice *but* to accept it and I already have. But okay, :lol

Wiggum2007

SynthetiCTS said:
@ 5:23 it gives you 9 multiplayer maps that more than likely will ship at release!!

Boardwalk
Boneyard
Countdown
Forge World
Powerhouse
Reflection
Spire
Swordbase
Zealot

I'm guessing this is the full MP map list since it's in alphabetic order and Zealot is the last. Seems like a pretty healthy amount when you factor in all the Forge World maps.

Ramirez

Wiggum2007 said:
I'm guessing this is the full MP map list since it's in alphabetic order and Zealot is the last. Seems like a pretty healthy amount when you factor in all the Forge World maps.

Take away Bone Yard and FW, and that leaves 7 original maps, one of which is probably Ivory Tower and 2 more we played to death in the beta. That leaves 4 original maps, color me disappoint if that's true.

I'm just the type of guy that loves different locations in maps, oh well.

EazyB said:
It's going to be a pretty solid tool just because Bungie's used it to create quality map variants. They'd see where it's lacking and add the feature to accommodate for it. I feel like they've cheated a bit with many of the present pieces being completely modeled off of large chunks of the original maps but at least that'll make the remakes solid and some of they can be used in custom maps because many of those pieces are classic Halo rooms seen in multiple maps.

Yeah, I do think it's kinda weird (yet awesome at the same time) that they added structures and objects found on old Halo maps.

But at least we'll be able to essentially recreate any map we want now. :)

One thing I'm kinda bummed about is how there's pretty much only one aesthetic: Forerunner objects with Halo scenery. Is it too crazy to assume there will be other Forge Worlds with different aesthetics?

:D

big ander

Ramirez said:
Take away Bone Yard and FW, and that leaves 7 original maps, one of which is probably Ivory Tower and 2 more we played to death in the beta. That leaves 4 original maps, color me disappoint if that's true.

I'm just the type of guy that loves different locations in maps, oh well.
Agreed. I don't think that's the full list.

majornelson

BTW: The Halo: Reach console makes a Halo inspired sound when you turn it on, and another one (shield power up) when you eject the drive
That's cool.

feel

had to leave for a bit, just got home and saw the vidoc...

HOLY FUCKIN SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O:O:O:O:O

I need some time to digest this.. fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

(I feel real sorry for every other game coming out)

Falagard

Not sure if posted:

Map list shown in Vidoc:

Boardwalk
Boneyard
Countdown
Forge World
Powerhouse
Reflection
Spire
Sword Base
Zealot

*Edit*

Yup, old, but oh well.

* End Edit *

HaloReachMaps.jpg

Also shown - Created By: Gamertag in addition to Modified By: Gamertag, so the original author gets credit.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Piss quality from the Gamespot video.

forggg.jpg

But it says "Basic Editing" under the Gametype from the Forge lobby. Wonder if there is an "Advanced Editing" mode?

Monocle

In typical fashion, Bungie doused my silly little expectations in kerosene and set them ablaze with a casual flick of their cigar.

Game of the forever from developer of the forever.

Hawk269

Falagard said:
Not sure if posted:

Map list shown in Vidoc:

Boardwalk
Boneyard
Countdown
Forge World
Powerhouse
Reflection
Spire
Sword Base
Zealot

HaloReachMaps.jpg

Also shown - Created By: Gamertag in addition to Modified By: Gamertag, so the original author gets credit.

Halo Classic??? WTF is that? I am going to assume, classic Halo CE Blood Gulch...but who the f' knows..it's Bungie!

Dani said:
Piss quality from the Gamespot video.

forggg.jpg

But it says "Basic Editing" under the Gametype from the Forge lobby. Wonder if there is an "Advanced Editing" mode?

I'm pretty sure they named it that for demoing purposes.

Hawk269

New Forge Editor with Kinect Enabled (optional) control...get the whole minority report thing going with Kinect Bungie!!! lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
big ander said:

Fair warning, campaign spoilers in that video even though most people already figured that out.

she calls the statue a "memorial to the ultimate sacrifice noble team had to make."

Edit: Also
special Waypoint avatar gear and Digital content
confirmed for Legendary edition.

Edit2: Also confirmed the Legendary is supposed to be much more limited than the Halo 3 one.

Kibbles

I've been gone for the past 3 hours or whatever trying to empty the basement. Live in Milwaukee County and it's flooding like crazy, storms keep coming nonstop... wtf! FUCK! >=(

[edit] Going through everything now. O_O

Max

I am not Max
Another thing Forge World needs is changeable atmosphere. There's something about having tons and tons of custom maps with basically the same aesthetic unappealing.

Max said:
Another thing Forge World needs is changeable atmosphere. There's something about having tons and tons of custom maps with basically the same aesthetic unappealing.

Well, there's night-time option, right?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Church RvB said:
Well, the unknown Firefight voice is confirmed as an AI in that vid.

Beat ya to it bitch! :lol

AlienShogun said:
Well now we know the mystery Firefight voice that's the grid.

It's Auntie Dot [AI] as seen at 1:09 in that video.

They try to scroll past it really fast.

Top Bottom